1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

The *NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *SEPT 2008*

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by SeaSpray, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. disneymagicgirl

disneymagicgirl Been there, Done that, Going back!

me too! i sure hope there are tubs! anyone know? there must be...

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Poohs#1fan

Poohs#1fan Mouseketeer

I know there are some rooms that do not b/c they have special accessibilities, but the rest of the rooms have tubs. HTH

4. ConcKahuna

ConcKahuna <font color=darkorchid>Corn was on sale, 10 ears f

::yes:: There are only like 8 rooms in the whole resort without bathtubs :goodvibes

5. Tess

Tess DIS Veteran - 1997

It looks like your question may have been buried in the posts. IPO (the itinerary planning office) CMs are there to assist you in arranging your dining and/or touring plans. If you email them with the list of dates/restaurants or tour/times you desire, they will do their best to accommodate your requests. We've always had practically what we asked for (within fifteen minutes or so) when IPO has arranged our dining/touring.

You can contact IPO as soon as your room is booked. Be sure to include your dates of stay and confirmation number. I typically contact IPO as soon as my dates are set. You should receive a PVI (planning form) from them by email, but I haven't always been contacted in that fashion and so I make the contact soon after booking.

I believe the email address is on one of the first few pages of the thread, if not, PM and I'll pass it along.

Happy Planning!:cool1:

6. scape1224

scape1224 Earning My Ears

awesome! this would of worried me with little ones.

7. Grace&Carolinesmom

Grace&Carolinesmom DIS Veteran

Great job summing up the longhouses:thumbsup2 Just one small correction, although Tokelau has the larger square footage and balconies on upper levels, it does not have all dual sinks. We stayed in a room with a single sink but we actually don't mind as it gives us more counterspace for stuff....and we always have so much STUFF!:goodvibes

8. disneymagicgirl

oh good...thought i was going to have to change resorts!:thumbsup2

9. disneymagicgirl

Samoa seems like a great location...does it have balconies on levels 2 & 3? I think I am going to request a room w/ a balcony in Somoa or Tokeleau.

10. WickedWench

WickedWench Ruthless Pirate turned Polynesian Princess

Samoa only has balconies on the 3rd floor.

11. maganspikes

maganspikes sylerbugs

We have a garden view booked and my husband wants to request a room with balcony can someone give us a good location and what floor. This is our first time at Poly we have always stayed at the Contemp.

12. BreezysMom

BreezysMom DIS Veteran

I know this ia quite a way off, but knowing the persuasion dd and I have over dh...who knows but here is my thought.

DH says we can go in Sept/Oct of 2010 OR maybe Jan 2010 for dd Birthday if we can swing it . Okay, I am okay with this. At lease we are getting a plan together. He wants to do club level, lagoon view, hence the wait for the trip. He hates the whole Disney ADR dining thing. It drives him nuts to have to be somehere at a particular time for a meal. Every once in a while is okay to him, but every day really gets to him.

So I was thinking of still doing the dining plan, because I know dd will not be fully pleased with the food offerings club level serves on a daily basis but then doing signature table service such as California Grill (never been), CRT breakfast (dd will get see the Princesses) and then the Spirit of Aloha dinner. I don't really care to so much about the spirit of aloha but dd and dh both want to see it really bad. Then that would leave one or two extra table services (depending on how many nights we decide to go) and then I can let dh wing it with those, like use them for Kona or maybe a room service???

Now here is the kicker. I am hoping I can get into a free dining deal for this, if and when we go. Can you book free dining with club level???? Just wondering.

Sorry so long winded. I need something to get my mind off the home from disney blues combined with the after the holidays blues!!!!

Thanks!

13. MsStinkerBelle

MsStinkerBelle Hittin' WDW Since Space Mountain was 'Coming Soon'

Actually we got back last night but are still quite tired out from the gauntet of travelling during a peak time. I've got a lot of photos that I'll try to upload tonight or tomorrow night. It will keep my mind off of how absolutely cold it is here now (29 degrees compared to the 79 we left in Orlando) and that Post-Poly/Disney-Depression. I'm so glad I got to see ConchKahuna just as DD and I were heading to take ME back to the airport.

I'm still :cloud9: about the concierge level stay in the Hawaii longhouse. My overall thought about staying concierge is, to paraphrase Ferris Bueller, "It is so choice! If you have the means, I highly recommend it...."

While I upload the other photos, I'll leave you all with a picture of one of my favorite gingerbread houses at the Poly this Christmas. It was at the Kona Island coffee bar:

[​IMG]

14. Steffiesunshine

Steffiesunshine I wish I could ride the TTA everyday!

We just booked Poly CL for November/Dec! I'm so excited. I LOVE this thread!!! :woohoo:

15. sandym718

sandym718 DIS Veteran

Can't wait to hear more, MsStinkerBelle!! love the Ferris Bueller quote!

16. eyenjeff

eyenjeff PROUD DVC OWNER!!

Cant wait for the pictures!

17. WUVmyDISNEY

WUVmyDISNEY DIS Veteran

Only been back 2 weeks and it feels like it was so long ago. I didn't stay at Poly this time, we tried CR and I missed the Poly and tropical feeling....anyway..I have some pics that I want to post from Poly from 9/07.

Nice shot of the volcano pool at night..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The following are 2 hidden mickey art works in the room:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. momatater

momatater DIS Veteran

Ditto!! Can't wait for the pics too!!!

I agree about CL, it's fantastic and I highly recommend it as well.

Thanks WUVmyDISNEY for sharing your great pics!!

19. disneymagicgirl

Thanks!

20. Singinglizzie

Singinglizzie DIS Veteran

We will be at the Poly LV Club in 18 days. :cool1: We did not make any special requests, but after reading all these posts about a balcony room, I am wondering if we should make a balcony request or just let the chips fall. Anyone stay on a 2nd floor without a balcony that loved their room? What about ground floor, did you love your patio? Love reading everyone's posts. Thanks.

21. WUVmyDISNEY

WUVmyDISNEY DIS Veteran

Incoming storm
    [​IMG]
    rainbow after the storm: hope you can see it!
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.