• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The *NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *2008*

Status
Not open for further replies.
and we can't wait. DH will be in St Pete's for a few days at the beginning of our trip so I get a few days at the Poly!:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: I got garden view but figured even that must be good at the Poly :>)

We are doing the luau...hope it is worth the money

We watched it when it was on, as well, and I was so happy to see my girls get so excited about meeting Lilo & Stitch, since she never really liked that movie all that well. Secretly, of course, because they don't know we're staying at the Poly...yet!:)

We have never stayed at the Poly either. (Guess that make me a Polyensian virgin ;) ) But growing up and passing it via the Monorail, I was always secretly dreamed of staying there. Our trip in 2009 will only be a 4 nighter because we are taking a big family vacation to Wisconsin in early August. We are planning to only really visit MK and Epcot and hang around the Poly pools and beach. This will be a laid back Disney vacation. :cloud9:

So where better to lay back in enjoy the atmosphere than at the Poly!! We haven't decided if we want club level, lagoon view, MK view, or garden view...we are waiting until August when 2009 rates come out....but I am getting plenty of insight from this thread and another Poly thread...

So keep the good stuff comin'!!!!:cool1:

Does anyone know if the Volcano pool has reopened? The rehab has it closed until the 15th, but a CM told me this morning he thought it was open because it's not popping up as a rehab on his screen anymore.

Got a Poly update email from Tikiman today ... I believe he said the pool will be opening "very soon".

I was just visiting the Poly last Saturday (3/8). The pool was open! It was cold outside though so only a few brave souls entered the pool. Even the lifeguard was bundled up.

We are doing the luau...hope it is worth the money

I tell people that the luau is worth doing at least once. :thumbsup2 It was a wonderful experience and I got lots of great photos. Here's one of my favorite shots:

363.jpg

So where better to lay back in enjoy the atmosphere than at the Poly!! We haven't decided if we want club level, lagoon view, MK view, or garden view...we are waiting until August when 2009 rates come out....but I am getting plenty of insight from this thread and another Poly thread...

No matter what view you get, you'll still be at the Poly! :cloud9: Lots of good times to be had. It is killing me to have to wait until December to stay at the Poly again.

They use the Sealy Posturpedic Encore Pillowtop beds. You can actually buy them from Disney at www.DisneyResortCollection.com. They even have Pirate and Princess themed beds (although in the Plush not Pillowtop, still comfy though).

Wow, I guess I'm not the first person who wanted to take their hotel bed home with them! :> Thanks so much for the link! :thumbsup2

CoolPool - it's a quote from Family Guy. I don't really watch the show, but in one episode my husband has on DVD, the dad realizes that for his kid to be successful, he has to become Jewish, because all successful people seem to be Jewish to him...so they go into a synagogue and see all these famous people, including Optimus Prime, who proceeds to "transform" with his yarmulke and tassles which flip out. It was pretty darn brilliant.

Wow, I guess I'm not the first person who wanted to take their hotel bed home with them! :> Thanks so much for the link! :thumbsup2

You're definitely not. :thumbsup2 After my first stay at the Poly my mission was to find out what kind of mattress they use. So now I'm saving up to buy one!

CoolPool - it's a quote from Family Guy. I don't really watch the show, but in one episode my husband has on DVD, the dad realizes that for his kid to be successful, he has to become Jewish, because all successful people seem to be Jewish to him...so they go into a synagogue and see all these famous people, including Optimus Prime, who proceeds to "transform" with his yarmulke and tassles which flip out. It was pretty darn brilliant.

Okay. I knew that the voice of Optimus was a supposedly religious guy but I've never seen The Family Guy so I didn't get what the point was. I couldn't figure why that would be "outed" on a Disney forum. SWIM.

I did a search but couldn't find the answer so I apologize if this has been covered a million times. Does anyone know if the fridges at Poly will hold 1/2 gal of milk?

Thank you! :flower3:

I did a search but couldn't find the answer so I apologize if this has been covered a million times. Does anyone know if the fridges at Poly will hold 1/2 gal of milk?

Thank you! :flower3:

Yup, they will; no problem. :)

DisneyLuvr and Lissiemum:

I am replying to your ?s about the Luau Cove beach. We stayed in FIJI in Nov 2006 in room 1309. LOVED IT. Why?

1) Its the POLY
2) QUIET
3) Luau Cove beach was almost private the whole time-- every morning, DD and DH played out there while I finished my makeup, etc, and there was never anyone there. On lazy mornings and late afternoons we'd hang out there and it was lovely. DH bought a six pack of Corona and we saved some lemons from Captn Cooks (no limes! I'm getting one from garden grocer this time) and we had beers on the beach while DD played and chased ducks in the evening. LOVELY.
4) When there was music to be heard from the Luau, it just enhanced the theming and did not disturb us at all. Just in case I had brought DD's "sleepy music" on an MP3 player but she never needed that.
5) When you walk out the patio door you are very close to the beach and a nice grassy area with little to no human traffic.
6) you can walk out that way to the GF if you ever have time-- great walk!
7) very close to the GCH which means close to monorail; from door to Dumbo one am was <15 minutes!
8) very close to the pier/ boat dock

ONLY downsides:

1) you can't actually get a great view of the water pageant from that beach; so we walked to the pier
2) not the closest to the pool, but not terribly far. Far enough that I carried a little bag with our sunscreen, etc instead of running to the room for things

Hope that helps!

Thank you DiznEeyore! I'll add milk to my Garden Grocer cart. My dd will be very happy! ;)

Pretty soon I just might owe them my first born.

We are doing a split stay w/ the Poly at the beginning. I couldn't resist so I added 4th of July onto it:eek: :eek: I think dh just ight block out the WDW # on my cell phone pretty soon

I have an off the wall question....

I called a couple days ago to see what the rates for our room at the Poly for 2009 would be and the CM gave me the rates and just by listening to her it sounded like the Poly was already half full :scared1: :confused: I was going to wait until the 2009 rates come out in August to book our vaction package but with this information should I book our room sooner??

I doubt it's that booked up yet. I didn't start planning my last trip until 6 months out, and the only unavailable hotel was the contemporary.

Hello fellow Poly fans,
Please excuse me for this is my first try at posting and I have no idea if I am doing it right. We have a poly garden/club level room booked for August as room only ( with AAA rate-15% ). I thought maybe when the AP rates were released that I would look into it but I called Disney to have them price out the same room for May and it was only about a 10% savings. I thought the deluxe resorts were more like 30%. Any ideas? Thank you
Kathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter