The *NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *2008*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping to request a 3rd floor room, preferably in Tokelau. When you make room requests, how often do CMs honor them?

Ok this may have been discussed somewhere already on th 08 thread, but for sake of re-reading through....

I was just on the DDP 2008 snack sticky thread yesterday (2-19) & today. On the main page they no longer list Dole Whips under the Poly. I posted a ? confirming this.

The responses were "AFAIK not confrimed for 08 yet" and a few people getting them (cup and cone) in MK at Aloha Isle
So I thought I'd come to the SUPREME source of all POLY KNOW HOW and ask here. Anyone yet in 2008 get one?

This delectible seems to be the talk of the town and we'd love to try one or two....or more, but may taste even better on the DDP.

I will be there a month from yesterday so I will definitely let you know!

I've gone thru only a couple of pages so I'm sorry if this has been answered:

We plan on eating something fast at Captain Cook's most mornings on way to EMH so we will be eating between 6:30-7a.m. Could anyone tell me what things they offer there and maybe prices? We are also on the DxDDP but need to pay OOP for 2 breakfasts. Do they offer Tonga Toast there?

Could anyone tell me what things they offer there and maybe prices? We are also on the DxDDP but need to pay OOP for 2 breakfasts. Do they offer Tonga Toast there?

There is a menu with prices over on allears.net . They do have Tonga Toast as a breakfast offering. Not sure how it compares to the one at Kona as I've only eaten it there and not Captain Cook's. :)

Is there anyway to guarantee a balcony room? We have stayed twice in Hawaii on the 3rd floor and loved it both times. One of the things we enjoy most about staying there is watching Wishes from our balcony at night and eating breakfast on the balacony in the morning. We are planning to go again next February staying LVC and I am trying to figure out how to make sure we have a balcony or patio. Do all the Magic Kingdom View rooms have a balcony/patio? Because I would switch my reservation if they do.
I know it is very bratty but I would be extremely disapointed to have a 2nd floor room in Hawaii and feel it would put a damper on my vacation.

Is there anyway to guarantee a balcony room? We have stayed twice in Hawaii on the 3rd floor and loved it both times. One of the things we enjoy most about staying there is watching Wishes from our balcony at night and eating breakfast on the balacony in the morning. We are planning to go again next February staying LVC and I am trying to figure out how to make sure we have a balcony or patio. Do all the Magic Kingdom View rooms have a balcony/patio? Because I would switch my reservation if they do.
I know it is very bratty but I would be extremely disapointed to have a 2nd floor room in Hawaii and feel it would put a damper on my vacation.

I don't think you're bratty for wanting a balcony -- if you are, then so am I! ;)

Unfortunately, only 3 buildings have 2nd floor balconies -- Tokelau, Rapa Nui and Tahiti. Tahiti has great MK view rooms, and I *think* Tokelau has a couple, but they're not the best ones. Rapa Nui is all garden view.

That's always my one concern when we stay at the Poly -- I *need* a balcony or a patio. We stayed in the north garden wing at the CR one year and HATED not having any way to sit outside. We've been fortunate so far in all our Poly stays -- we've always had the patio or balcony. Crossing my fingers for our December stay!!

I don't think you're bratty for wanting a balcony -- if you are, then so am I! ;)

Unfortunately, only 3 buildings have 2nd floor balconies -- Tokelau, Rapa Nui and Tahiti. Tahiti has great MK view rooms, and I *think* Tokelau has a couple, but they're not the best ones. Rapa Nui is all garden view.

That's always my one concern when we stay at the Poly -- I *need* a balcony or a patio. We stayed in the north garden wing at the CR one year and HATED not having any way to sit outside. We've been fortunate so far in all our Poly stays -- we've always had the patio or balcony. Crossing my fingers for our December stay!!

I don't think you're bratty either! :cutie: Out of our 4 stays at LVC, all of them have been on the 3rd floor. We LOVE our balcony and do use it a lot; every single morning we sit out there for a while usually sipping coffee and nibbling on fruit or pineapple bread from the lounge, then every time we come back to the room we walk outside to see what's going on around the lagoon, and then every single night we enjoy sitting out there for quite a while to relax, unwind from the day, maybe watch the fireworks if we're back in time for that, or even just to sit and stare out at the castle in amazement because even when I'm RIGHT THERE I still can never believe I'm actually there. I know, that must sound crazy. LOL :upsidedow

You're not bratty. I have Tokelau and a balcony requested. I rather have a real balcony than a false balcony or patio. So you're in good company.

:thanks:Thanks for the answer even though it wasn't the one I wanted to hear. My BF is a smoker :sad: so we always got a smoking room on the 3rd floor. Now that everything is non smoking I am afraid we will get a room on the 2nd floor. The time I made room request at the WL ( Smoking room and connecting rooms) we didn't get them and that stay soured our view of the WL.
Does making the request for a balcony room a year in advance give it any more priority?
Has anyone stayed in a second floor room in Hawaii and did it take away from the magic of the Poly?

:thanks:Thanks for the answer even though it wasn't the one I wanted to hear. My BF is a smoker :sad: so we always got a smoking room on the 3rd floor. Now that everything is non smoking I am afraid we will get a room on the 2nd floor. The time I made room request at the WL ( Smoking room and connecting rooms) we didn't get them and that stay soured our view of the WL.
Does making the request for a balcony room a year in advance give it any more priority?
Has anyone stayed in a second floor room in Hawaii and did it take away from the magic of the Poly?

Just an FYI, if you smoke on the balconies you will still get hit with the $250 charge for smoking "in" the room.

When you make your request doesnt matter, although they do block in order of when reservations were booked (although priorities are given to magical gatherings), and they always do their best to give you what you ask for. If you check in and find that they were unable to meet your request, just call the front desk and they will normally be more than happy to assist you with a room change for the next day :thumbsup2

Thank you so much for the great pics! I just love seeing the Poly! It's our family's favorite!

Hi again SeaSpray!! :goodvibes

You are so great for replying so quickly and w/ such great information! Everytime I look at your link, I'm reminded how much I love the Poly, and how much I miss it!!!!! Can't wait to get back soon! (I hope we don't regret buying DVC at AKV. :scared: - although we are splitting our stay this time).

We've stayed twice so far in Hawaii bldg....once GVC and once LVC. We were close to the elevator both times. Do you know how far the rooms go down the hall?.....wondering if we should actually request a room closer to the elevator?

I noticed your family goes around the same time of year we do. Have you ever been at the Poly at the very end of Aug.?.....wondering what it's like there then?

I'm sure you must know Marie in the lounge? We just love her!

Anyway, thanks again for ther info. Just wanted to be assured of the views on the lagoon side......kids just "have to" see that magical castle!!!

I know that when we were in room #3517 (same room on 2 different trips), we were the second room from the end, so that last room down at the far end (opposite end from where the lounge is), must be #3518. We enjoyed #3517, it's only a slightly different visual perspective than the lower-numbered rooms closer to the lounge and elevator. You can still see the entire lagoon and castle from that end of the building :)

One of our stays was at the end of August, following our Disney cruise in August 2006. We were fortunate because it wasn't too hot while we were there, and the crowds were quite managable. I think that a lot of the kids were already back in school by the end of August, so that may have had something to do with the light crowds. I want to point out though, that we were there BEFORE Labor Day Weekend which I think is usually a pretty busy time. As a side note, on our July 2005 trip, I thought I was going to MELT while at WDW because of the temp (which in the low 90s honestly wasn't that bad) but mostly because of the humidity and HEAT INDEX which made it feel as if it was 114 degrees. I'll never forget that! LOL We literally ran from air-conditioned building, to air-conditioned building. Not once did we walk the path to TTC from the Polynesian because I couldn't breathe properly, and also the air quality was very poor for one of my DSs who has asthma. LAST July (2007) it was "hot" but VERY bearable, and quite enjoyable. The thing is, there's really no way to accurately predict how the weather will be during any particular time frame. There are averages of temps and all that, but until you get there, there's no telling whether it'll be hotter (or colder!) than you expect. I personally like May and October because you have good chances of having decent weather.

I hope this info is helpful :)

We are headed to the Poly for our first time Sep 7 - 12 :banana: . What do you guys recommend with requests attached to the reservation?

I would ideally like a 1st floor room in Samoa that has a view (or opens out toward) the Volcano pool. If I request something like that, is it TOO specific?

I have read people's fears that too many requests = being successful on none. Will it change any possibility of getting upgraded at check in?

Here is a pic of the party favors the staff at the Poly had put in our room for our DD birthday.
100_0030.jpg

Here is a pic of the castle (zoomed in) from our room in Tahiti.
100_0001.jpg

Love the pics on this FAQ thread!

We will be staying at Poly May 28-June 5. My 6yr old DD uses Oxygen and so dragging the portable concentrator and carrying her during non stroller times can be a chore. I was curious which building there at Poly would be a good choice to ask for through the Disney's Special Reservations phone line? We don't need a roll in shower so that is not an issue. We are using the Magic Express so a parking space isn't really an issue either. Extra plug ins and short walking distances are what we are searching for.
I have heard Rapa Nui would be a great choice as it is close to the TTC and not that far to walk to the GCH.
Will having the travel agent call and request a special building be of any use at all? Or should we just wait till we get there and see what happens?

Love the pics on this FAQ thread!

We will be staying at Poly May 28-June 5. My 6yr old DD uses Oxygen and so dragging the portable concentrator and carrying her during non stroller times can be a chore. I was curious which building there at Poly would be a good choice to ask for through the Disney's Special Reservations phone line? We don't need a roll in shower so that is not an issue. We are using the Magic Express so a parking space isn't really an issue either. Extra plug ins and short walking distances are what we are searching for.
I have heard Rapa Nui would be a great choice as it is close to the TTC and not that far to walk to the GCH.
Will having the travel agent call and request a special building be of any use at all? Or should we just wait till we get there and see what happens?

Why not post this on the Dis-ablities board? I bet someone there can help.

Don't just see what happens; you might find yourself on the 2nd floor of a building with no elevators. Let them know exactly what you need, what your daughter's limitations are and what will make this trip easier for her.

I have posted it there. Thanks. That is where I got the Special Reservations line phone number. I just thought I would ask on here since this seems to be the best site on the Poly resort. The pics have been a great help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter