The *NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *2008*

Status
Not open for further replies.
TaraZ,

I completely agree with SeaSpray about everything. We have a 7 year old, 3 year old and 1 1/2 year old. I have priced it all out and with our passholder discount we definitely feel that price wise it is worth it. Even without the discount it is worth it because of all the extra convenience. With 3 children we almost never do disney without staying concierge. It is really is nice with young ones.

Thanks, Minnie... I kind of feel like her current appetites will be better served by the concierge level... I think once I determine where our ADRs will be I will see if a DDP makes sense or if concierge is a better option. I also feel like having the concierge service might be a nice luxury-- in case little girls get grumpy and require rezzie switching!

Minnie My My and MsStinkerbelle to the rescue again! Thanks for the info on the Ohana and Chef Mickey's Character meals! What fun it is to dream right now! Maybe we will simply do both!!!!:lmao:

Minnie My My and MsStinkerbelle to the rescue again! Thanks for the info on the Ohana and Chef Mickey's Character meals! What fun it is to dream right now! Maybe we will simply do both!!!!:lmao:

We're doing an 'Ohana breakfast and Chef Mickey's (birthday) dinner!! Very excited! :banana: :banana: :banana:

We're doing an 'Ohana breakfast and Chef Mickey's (birthday) dinner!! Very excited! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Just a forewarning about Chef Mickey's for dinner. ;) Goofy and Donald, especially Goofy, like to 'innocently' walk off with either a toy or hat they think is interesting. When I was there in December, Goofy and Donald kept trying to take our Santa hats! Later on Goofy even took one kid's lightsaber and had fun 'dueling' with Donald. :thumbsup2

Just a forewarning about Chef Mickey's for dinner. ;) Goofy and Donald, especially Goofy, like to 'innocently' walk off with either a toy or hat they think is interesting. When I was there in December, Goofy and Donald kept trying to take our Santa hats! Later on Goofy even took one kid's lightsaber and had fun 'dueling' with Donald. :thumbsup2

:laughing: OK, we'll keep a look out! I'm having a really hard time now that we're in double digits. I'm ready to be there NOW!! :hourglass (closest thing I could find to a whiny-hurry-up-and-get-here-May smilie!!)

Do you know the Website of the Polynesian Resort? Because our family wanted to stay in this hotel!

QUESTION: I am fairly certain my dad said we have a "theme park view" for our Easter break stay. But I know that we are also doing concierge...Is this not the same as lagoon view concierge? and don't people who do lagoon view concierge get a view of the castle as well? thanks!

QUESTION: I am fairly certain my dad said we have a "theme park view" for our Easter break stay. But I know that we are also doing concierge...Is this not the same as lagoon view concierge? and don't people who do lagoon view concierge get a view of the castle as well? thanks!

The answer to your question is yes. The lagoon view concierge level is located in Hawaii building. These rooms (for the most part) have lovely, unobstructed views of MK. :thumbsup2

Ok this may have been discussed somewhere already on th 08 thread, but for sake of re-reading through....

I was just on the DDP 2008 snack sticky thread yesterday (2-19) & today. On the main page they no longer list Dole Whips under the Poly. I posted a ? confirming this.

The responses were "AFAIK not confrimed for 08 yet" and a few people getting them (cup and cone) in MK at Aloha Isle
So I thought I'd come to the SUPREME source of all POLY KNOW HOW and ask here. Anyone yet in 2008 get one?

This delectible seems to be the talk of the town and we'd love to try one or two....or more, but may taste even better on the DDP.

Ok this may have been discussed somewhere already on th 08 thread, but for sake of re-reading through....

I was just on the DDP 2008 snack sticky thread yesterday (2-19) & today. On the main page they no longer list Dole Whips under the Poly. I posted a ? confirming this.

The responses were "AFAIK not confrimed for 08 yet" and a few people getting them (cup and cone) in MK at Aloha Isle
So I thought I'd come to the SUPREME source of all POLY KNOW HOW and ask here. Anyone yet in 2008 get one?

This delectible seems to be the talk of the town and we'd love to try one or two....or more, but may taste even better on the DDP.

I don't have the answer, but if nobody replies before our trip in May, I'll definitely find out! :)

So glad I found this thread! We stayed at the Poly last month and fell in love with the resort. We're going back this August!!!

;)

Can anyone help? I'm looking for unobstructed lagoon view room #'s on the 3rd floor of Hawaiii. Seaspray......R U out there? :worship: Anyone??

HI WoodysRoundUp! :wave2:

I've stayed in 3 different lagoon view rooms in the Hawaii building and they ALL had excellent views of the castle and lagoon. In one of the rooms, there was the top of a palm tree which, if you stood directly behind it, you could say it "obstructed" your view, but the balconies are pretty wide so when you took a step in either direction, you then had a totally obstruction-free view. :cool2:

If you follow the link in my signature, you can see the exact views that I've had. Just click the link below, then click the "Disney World Trips" link, then you'll be able to scroll down and choose my different Polynesian Resort trips. Each of those links has pictures of the views from the rooms.

I can't imagine that ANY room on the 3rd floor of the Hawaii building would have much of an obstruction at all, except for what I just described.

I can say with 100% surety that room #3502 has NO obstruction at all. I think #3517 also had no obstruction. I *think* it was room #3503 that had the top of the palm tree, but even so, I consider that room to have an excellent, clear view of the entire lagoon UNLESS you choose to stand in that one spot right behind the tree. LOL

I would go look at my different room pics, but I'm on break at work and don't have the time to do that right now, but I wanted to take a moment to reply to you :) Hope this helps!

Edited to add: Ok, I decided to go look at my own web site to see which room it was. LOL It was 3503 that had the palm tree top; but go here and look at these pics from our stay in #3503, I think you'll agree that it really wasn't a true "obstruction" at all! http://www.brownfamilyvacations.com/html/polynesianOct05.htm

We are going to request the Tahiti longhouse the next time we go. What would be the difference between lagoon view and theme park view for that longhouse?

We are going to request the Tahiti longhouse the next time we go. What would be the difference between lagoon view and theme park view for that longhouse?

I'm going by what I can recall posted on Tikiman's site regarding this. :goodvibes

With a theme park view you are guaranteed a straight-on view of the MK castle. With a lagoon view you are guaranteed a view of the lagoon that may or may not have a side-view/partially obstructed of the MK castle. I've stayed in a lagoon view room in the Tuvalu building and had view of the castle but the bottom 1/2 was blocked by an island. I could still see Wishes with no problems though.

If you get the Tahiti longhouse lagoon view, you'll probably have the view I did in Tuvalu. With the theme park view in Tahiti, you'd have an obstructed view of the castle.

Tikiman has a much better explanation on his site. If you google his name you can get to his site. It's pretty late in the month so he's probably reached his bandwidth.

Hi again SeaSpray!! :goodvibes

You are so great for replying so quickly and w/ such great information! Everytime I look at your link, I'm reminded how much I love the Poly, and how much I miss it!!!!! Can't wait to get back soon! (I hope we don't regret buying DVC at AKV. :scared: - although we are splitting our stay this time).

We've stayed twice so far in Hawaii bldg....once GVC and once LVC. We were close to the elevator both times. Do you know how far the rooms go down the hall?.....wondering if we should actually request a room closer to the elevator?

I noticed your family goes around the same time of year we do. Have you ever been at the Poly at the very end of Aug.?.....wondering what it's like there then?

I'm sure you must know Marie in the lounge? We just love her!

Anyway, thanks again for ther info. Just wanted to be assured of the views on the lagoon side......kids just "have to" see that magical castle!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter