The NEW official, unofficial Boardwalk Villas/Boardwalk Inn thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right, why should anyone staying at a deluxe WDW resort, probably paying $300-$400 for a room, and is probably a long time WDW returning guest, be allowed to park in the guest parking lot.?. Let them park in the Hess gas station across the street - imagine them expecting to actually park closer to the hotel. Or how about the DVC member staying at the BWV? Who cares that they paid thousands of dollars to buy into DVC, and also pay steep annual fees. Let them also park at the Hess next to the other BW guests. Now the person attending the convention, that is a different story! They are probably staying in a heavily discounted room, and chances are that their company is actually paying the bill. It is probably their first time visit to WDW, and maybe allowing them the "privilege" to park in a spot close to the lobby might get them to return to WDW. Then again when they have to pay the $300-$400 a night for the room out of their own pocket, they might think twice.

Well, then I guess because I am getting a 40% military discount for the BWI portion of my stay and renting points for the BWV portion, I should get parking priority over everyone!

Really. How in the world are you going to know who is there for the convention and who isn't, if they are staying at BWI/BWV, they have just as much right to park in the parking lot as anyone else is, I don't care what they paid for their room and I don't have time to waste on my vacation quizzing people when they come into the resort to check in to see if they are parked where they should be.

I enjoyed the 3rd floor much more than the 4th because it was quieter. People are always walking around on the 4th to get to the lounge and it's just more noisy. We have had a deluxe room for each stay, and this was our first time on the 3rd floor.. they said the resort was sold out and I wanted a water view deluxe room, so I got the 3rd. I didn't think I would like it, but I did.

k
The one thing I liked better about the 3rd floor Deluxe Rooms is that their balconies were a lot bigger compared to the ones on the 4th floor. So if we ever stayed in a Deluxe Room again and got the 3rd floor I wouldn't be upset with that. However my first choice is to get a room on the 4th floor. Although one way to guarantee that is to reserve their Standard Club Level Room and that's exactly what we did for our next stay there this coming December.

Quick question...so I see that on the WDW site, the picture of the Boardwalk Inn is showing white buildings on the left and red on the right. Are the white buildings the Yacht club and the red the Boardwalk? It's a little confusing when you see the picture. And since I am staying at the Boardwalk soon are there any particular room that is better as far as closest to the buses, elevators, etc. that will enable us to have the best possible experience. Thanks!

Quick question...so I see that on the WDW site, the picture of the Boardwalk Inn is showing white buildings on the left and red on the right. Are the white buildings the Yacht club and the red the Boardwalk? It's a little confusing when you see the picture. And since I am staying at the Boardwalk soon are there any particular room that is better as far as closest to the buses, elevators, etc. that will enable us to have the best possible experience. Thanks!

The white buildings are the Boardwalk Inn, the red buildings are the Boardwalk Villas.

Hi folks....looking to stay at BWV for the first time in a one bedroom w/lock off. I've done some research and just wanted some opinions on room requests. Anything is helpful.

I enjoyed the 3rd floor much more than the 4th because it was quieter. People are always walking around on the 4th to get to the lounge and it's just more noisy. We have had a deluxe room for each stay, and this was our first time on the 3rd floor.. they said the resort was sold out and I wanted a water view deluxe room, so I got the 3rd. I didn't think I would like it, but I did.

k
We've ended up in the same 3rd floor room the two times we've stayed CL and never had a problem with noise or taking the stairs to get to the lounge. We'll be back in December, and I'm hoping we'll be on the 3rd floor again, but we'll be happy wherever they put us!

We stayed in a Villa studio in 2006. It has a day bed. Do all of the Villa studios have daybeds? We'll be there in February and definately want a room with a daybed.

We stayed in a Villa studio in 2006. It has a day bed. Do all of the Villa studios have daybeds? We'll be there in February and definately want a room with a daybed.

I just found this on allears.net

Studios: These rooms are 359 square feet and come with one queen bed, a double sleeper sofa, small dining table and two chairs, armoire, TV, bathroom and a private balcony or patio which has two chairs and a small table. Also included are a microwave, coffee maker, toaster, mini-refrigerator, wet bar, hair dryer, iron, ironing board and vacuum cleaner. Outside the bathroom is a small area with vanity, large mirror and one sink. You will find coffee, paper plates, plastic utensils and "real" glasses and coffee cups in the room. Per Disney, this Studio will accommodate "four adults maximum, plus one child under the age of three in a crib". The Studio has very limited drawer space for clothes.

Studio with Daybed: Includes everything in the Studio room plus a five-foot daybed. Per Disney, this Studio with Daybed will accommodate "four adults maximum, plus one child who will fit in the daybed, plus one child under the age of three in a crib".

So it really is up to Disney. If you have 5 people then yes, otherwise I'm not sure if you can request it.

I had read in the Disney Files magazine a few months ago that the Clown slide was going to be refurbished in February. Since then I haven't heard anything about it. Does anyone know if this is still planned for February?

I had read in the Disney Files magazine a few months ago that the Clown slide was going to be refurbished in February. Since then I haven't heard anything about it. Does anyone know if this is still planned for February?

We were there in 2/2011--it was refurbished then. (BW gave you the option of going to Stormalong Bay at the Beach Club since the pool slide was closed.) I don't believe it's set to be refurbished this February.

Thanks! I wonder if I was reading an old magazine?! My son will be very happy!!

So with the DDP's this year I know we get the refillable mugs. Last year it was simple when we stayed at CS but with staying at BWI this year my DW wants her morning coffee and I want my Coke. Where can I get it at this resort easily without bothering anyone. Thanks!popcorn::

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter