The NEW official, unofficial Boardwalk Villas/Boardwalk Inn thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bangzoom6877

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! I just wanted to start a new thread regarding everything about the Boardwalk Villas and Boardwalk Inn. We are staying at BWV in mid-July 2010, and we are so excited! With the newly refurbished villas, it makes the trip even more exciting!

All are welcome on this thread to give any tips about making a stay at BWV/BWI as special and wonderful as possible...from activities at the resort and the Boardwalk to dining, to the pool, to tips about getting around the resort and to the theme parks and other areas of the WDW resort. All comments and questions are welcome!!

Our plans are starting to get more in order. We are DVC members and this will be our first trip home. We are staying for 10 nights in July and are so excited. It will be me, DH and our 2 boys who will be 3 and 5 when we go. We plan to utilize the Community Hall for the boys, the pool, and the entertainment on the Boardwalk. We also plan to go to a few restaurants in the resort area, like Boardwalk Bakery for lunch and maybe breakfast one day, Captain's Grille at Yacht Club, and Cape May Cafe at Beach Club.

You are going to love it at BWV! We're going to be there in May '10. I can't wait, since we skipped our usual May trip in '09. I'm also excited to stay in the newly refurbished room. It should be really nice based on what I've heard through these forums. We've used our points at Vero Beach and HHI but never anywhere else at WDW. I thought, briefly, about staying at Beach Club Villas for our upcoming trip, but just couldn't make myself do it. :rolleyes:

You'll love the short walk to Epcot and those quick boat rides to the Studios. My son used to like the boats almost as much as the parks when he was little.:confused3 He'll be 12 when we go in May so he's sooo over that.

We stayed in a studio preferred view one time and our balcony could of fit a king size bed out there! And there was this bench in our room to sit, it was big enough for my DS 8, to sleep on (no one likes to sleep with him). We turned it around to face the wall so he wouldn't fall off it, put extra bedding on it and viola. We really like the Boardwalk area, enjoy your trip you will love it. D

You are going to love it at BWV! We're going to be there in May '10. I can't wait, since we skipped our usual May trip in '09. I'm also excited to stay in the newly refurbished room. It should be really nice based on what I've heard through these forums. We've used our points at Vero Beach and HHI but never anywhere else at WDW. I thought, briefly, about staying at Beach Club Villas for our upcoming trip, but just couldn't make myself do it. :rolleyes:

You'll love the short walk to Epcot and those quick boat rides to the Studios. My son used to like the boats almost as much as the parks when he was little.:confused3 He'll be 12 when we go in May so he's sooo over that.

I've read nice things about the refurbished rooms also! We are really looking forward to it.

We have 1-bedroom standard view. I requested to be on the top floor across from the bus stop. We're trying to be able to see some of the Epcot fireworks at night from our room.

I've read nice things about the refurbished rooms also! We are really looking forward to it.

We have 1-bedroom standard view. I requested to be on the top floor across from the bus stop. We're trying to be able to see some of the Epcot fireworks at night from our room.

Fireworks from your balcony! That will be so nice. A great way to end a great day. We were in a high floor room (4th floor, if I remember correctly) looking over the front entrance one year and we were able to see some of those fireworks. We'll be in a 1-bedroom Boardwalk view, this year. I love drinking my morning coffee on the balcony as the boardwalk wakes up.:banana:

Fireworks from your balcony! That will be so nice. A great way to end a great day. We were in a high floor room (4th floor, if I remember correctly) looking over the front entrance one year and we were able to see some of those fireworks. We'll be in a 1-bedroom Boardwalk view, this year. I love drinking my morning coffee on the balcony as the boardwalk wakes up.:banana:

Sounds amazing!

We stayed in one of the newly refurbished rooms in October and let me tell you it was amazing. These are some of my favorite villas. Just the atmosphere and the entertainment of the BW is amazing, along with having that coffee on the balcony, as stated above :)

We stayed in one of the newly refurbished rooms in October and let me tell you it was amazing. These are some of my favorite villas. Just the atmosphere and the entertainment of the BW is amazing, along with having that coffee on the balcony, as stated above :)

Do you have any pictures of the villa? What type of villa did you stay in? And what entertainment did you enjoy on the BW? We just can't wait!!!

Just booked yesterday 2 Garden Suites at BWI for my family in May for my B-Day! I'm so excited. I love the look of the new rooms. After staying at Kidani last fall, it was hard to pull myself away from that resort, but I think having the concierge and being so close to Epcot will more than make up for it. If anybody has any pics of the refurbished garden suites, that would be great!

Boardwalk seems to be a somewat elusive resort on the boards, so any new info or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if I made the right choice or not! Thanks.

Hi! We're staying in a 1-BR at BWV starting next week! I can't wait. We've never stayed in the park before and this is such a treat for us. We have a 19-month-old and we are looking forward to being able to leave the room and have amusing things to see and do without driving somewhere. I hope we can see something from our balcony, because we will be in early at night. Can you clarify? If you cans ee the boardwalk itself, can you not see the fireworks?

We're staying in a studio in the BWV in May. I've hung out on the Boardwalk before, particularly during a conference my old company held in the Swan/Dolphin, but have never stayed there. It will be our kids first trip to WDW and we are so excited!

Kathleendsm,

You are going the exact same dates as we are! Maybe we will see you at the clown pool! We are staying on the "Inn" side. I love the villas...haven't stayed at BWV but stayed at Kidani last fall and had a studio at SSR once. They are very nice. You will love it.

My in-laws bought DVC last fall and DH, DD and I are making the inaugural trip "home." Literally--we're the first.

Anyway--is laundry detergent provided? I'm guessing no, because we all have different needs, but thought I'd ask.

Check my ticker!!!! I'll be there real soon. Then, I'll have "stuff" to report to this thread.

Kathleendsm,

You are going the exact same dates as we are! Maybe we will see you at the clown pool! We are staying on the "Inn" side. I love the villas...haven't stayed at BWV but stayed at Kidani last fall and had a studio at SSR once. They are very nice. You will love it.

How cool! I'll be the one quaking in fear at the clown's face. :rotfl: I just love reading the threads about BWI/BWV...I get so stoked!

How cool! I'll be the one quaking in fear at the clown's face. :rotfl: I just love reading the threads about BWI/BWV...I get so stoked!

:lmao: Yeah, my family has dubbed the clown slide "The Puking Clown," and the kids are all excited to get "puked out" by the clown. That's preteen boys for ya. The clown is a little freaky, I must admit. :clown:

My in-laws bought DVC last fall and DH, DD and I are making the inaugural trip "home." Literally--we're the first.

Anyway--is laundry detergent provided? I'm guessing no, because we all have different needs, but thought I'd ask.

Check my ticker!!!! I'll be there real soon. Then, I'll have "stuff" to report to this thread.

When we stayed at Kidani Village last fall, there were a couple of 1-load boxes of Tide powder and a few Bounce dryer sheets when we checked in, so I guess it depends on how much laundry you plan to do. I ordered some detergent from Garden Grocer and had it delivered ahead of time. I did a load of laundry (I have 3 kids) like every night we were there, and it worked well. We were able to pack light for the trip.

Thanks!

I only have one kid, but we may just take a few fewer pairs of jeans and shorts and do wash once. We are only there 4 days. I'm sure we'll still have to check a suitcase (darn DHs feet--and they're not even that big!). Those men's shoes take so much room. And stubborn DD won't use the toilet. And now that's TMI!

Thanks!

I only have one kid, but we may just take a few fewer pairs of jeans and shorts and do wash once. We are only there 4 days. I'm sure we'll still have to check a suitcase (darn DHs feet--and they're not even that big!). Those men's shoes take so much room. And stubborn DD won't use the toilet. And now that's TMI!

OK, you're all gonna think I am crazy when I tell you this........

I bought ALL of my sons' summer clothing at the end of this past summer. Everything was on clearance at Children's Place, Macy's, Target and I hit a great sale on the Disney Store website. I did ALL the shopping online and paid very minimal shipping on only a few things. I got deals like 2 pairs of shorts for $3, so I felt like I shouldn't pass it up. In my experience so far, for little boys' clothing, the stores will have the same exact items available in the spring, for more money. So I bought them early. My older son will be 5 next week and my little one will be 3 in May, so I can still get away with buying them clothing a year in advance. I probably won't be doing that when they get older though.

My sons each have plenty of outfits with Disney characters on them, plenty of shorts (my little one has some of my older one's shorts from when he was 3 years old), and plenty of tops for them (both tanktops and t-shirts). I bought them some polo shirts too.

Because they have so much, I will be able to do laundry just one day on our trip. We will be in a 1-bedroom villa so we will have the washer/dryer right there in our villa. I will bring detergent because we all have sensitive skin and want to make sure no one breaks out or anything from an unfamiliar detergent (we use Arm & Hammer, not Tide like they give you in the villa). So, on one of the days we don't go to a theme park, we will just be hanging out at the resort anyway and I will do laundry throughout the day. We're driving down from NY, staying over 2 nights on the way down, going to Boca Raton to visit relatives for 3 nights first, then 10 nights at Disney World. So after a few days at WDW, I will be doing laundry. Not too happy about doing laundry on vacation, but it's a small price to pay to have a nice long vacation and so many days at WDW! I don't plan to cook though (except preparing an easy breakfast), so a little laundry is fine with me!!

OK, so now that everyone knows what a nutty planner I am, I just wanted to say hi to everyone, and Happy New Year!!! I'm glad it is 2010...the year we stay at BWV for our first DVC trip "home"! :woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter