The NEW official, unofficial Boardwalk Villas/Boardwalk Inn thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the Boardwalk now. We booked a Club Deluxe room and got a nice big room... with two double beds. Even though online it says they have two queens. We're managing, but it's not ideal. Otherwise it's nice here.

I notice that you can walk to epcot world showcase, but what if you want to go prior to the world showcase's opening? Can you cut through the park or walk to the main entrance? Is that a far walk to the main entrance?

Thanks for your help. Trying to figure out if we should book at the BWI.

WS will be closed and you will be forced to go left (toward England/Canada) and there will be another rope, from what I understand. The IG is next to England, if you go right, you go over the bridge into France, if that gives you an idea where it is in relation to the main entrance (or if you look on a map). BWI is real close to the IG and it's a great location if you're also going to DHS.

Enjoy!

Thanks for your help! I had another question for the people that have stayed in the BWI before, is there a place to refill your mugs? Meaning can you personally refill your mugs like you can at most moderate resort food courts and is the refill station open late?

Thanks for your help! I had another question for the people that have stayed in the BWI before, is there a place to refill your mugs? Meaning can you personally refill your mugs like you can at most moderate resort food courts and is the refill station open late?
I know they sell the mugs at Seashore Sweets, however over there the Cast Members refill them in paper cups. You can also get them refilled at the BoardWalk Bakery, Boardwalk Joe's Boardwalk Pizza Window, although I am not sure if they use your actual mug or give you the drink in a paper cup.

I know they sell the mugs at Seashore Sweets, however over there the Cast Members refill them in paper cups. You can also get them refilled at the BoardWalk Bakery, Boardwalk Joe's Boardwalk Pizza Window, although I am not sure if they use your actual mug or give you the drink in a paper cup.

Thank you for your response...We've stayed in other resorts and you can just fill them yourself..thats half the fun.

I've seen some information on room referbs... when were the rooms updated in the BWI? and are all rooms in the BWI currently updated?

This time tomorrow DH and I should be arriving at the airport for our flight to Disney. :goodvibes

We'll be right behind you the following day, can't wait! :yay: It looks like good weather too. Have a wonderful trip! :goodvibes

We'll be right behind you the following day, can't wait! :yay: It looks like good weather too. Have a wonderful trip! :goodvibes

Thanks.

Have a great trip too. The weather should be awesome. My boss is heading there tonight. He is at the BWV and we are at BWI

The bags are packed and locked and Magical Express Tags attached. Bed a little after 9:30 and up at 5:30 (for hopefully a few hours rest) and out the door at 6:30. Orlando at noon.

:thumbsup2

We stayed at a preferred view Room 3110 (overlooking the quiet pool) Nov 7-13. We never stayed at a deluxe before (other than SoG). This was a real treat for us! The rooms are decent size, very nicely appointed. I found the BW Bakery to be very convenient in the morning and for refills whilst at the pool. Had an incident of a VERY drunk woman at the loud pool, and there were lots of adults doing some heavy drinking there - not what we were expecting!:scared1:

All the CMs were outstanding, we were greeted warmly (we rented points from David's DVC site - which is great BTW), and had not problems at all during our stay at BWV. Love the location between EPCOT and DHS - we walked to both parks several times a day!

BTW...We did the QSDP, and although you can get your money's worth, I think that's the last time we'll do it. We ate way too many desserts that we normally would not eat...

Let me know if you have any questions!

We leave on Friday for our first stay at BWV. It's our first time going deluxe. I'm afraid we are really going to miss the food courts of the mods and values. Especially as DH is addicted to his refillable mugs.

Is refilling the mugs relatively convenient? Can we do it ourselves anywhere or do we have to wait in lines and have the CMs do it?

We leave on Friday for our first stay at BWV. It's our first time going deluxe. I'm afraid we are really going to miss the food courts of the mods and values. Especially as DH is addicted to his refillable mugs.

Is refilling the mugs relatively convenient? Can we do it ourselves anywhere or do we have to wait in lines and have the CMs do it?

Your post struck a familar tone with me, although I can't comment on the refillable mugs since we don't buy them any longer (unless we stay value/mod).
The first time we stayed in our DVC we missed our food courts too. We quickly realized how important groceries would be for us. So now we have garden grocer deliver them at the start of our DVC stay. Much cheaper than buying the odds&ends at the little store on the Boardwalk!
Enjoy your trip...we check into BWV a week from Wednesday :santa:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter