The *NEW* Grand Floridian Resort and Spa FAQ thread (MAY 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the best way to get ice cream delivered to the room for Savannah's cake?
I don't want it to get all melty but I haven't seen anywhere that PD will send up a big bowl of ice cream?
Have any of you gotten ice cream delivered before at the GF?

Hey, they used to have Haagan Daaz (sp?) listed on the room service menu - I've seen it for years but not sure if it's still around....a pint of it. Isn't it still there?? I didn't look - sorry!!!:) You'd have to be there to accept the delivery of THAT though....I prefer when they set it all up as a surprise.:goodvibes I am sure you could arrange a specific time if they still have it - when you know you'll be in the room.:confused3

Hey, they used to have Haagan Daaz (sp?) listed on the room service menu - I've seen it for years but not sure if it's still around....a pint of it. Isn't it still there?? I didn't look - sorry!!!:) You'd have to be there to accept the delivery of THAT though....I prefer when they set it all up as a surprise.:goodvibes I am sure you could arrange a specific time if they still have it - when you know you'll be in the room.:confused3

Thats kind of what I was thinking... a suprise. I can give them a time frame we will be in the room... I will see what I can find out :cool2:

:flower3: Thanks Kelly for the new thread

Your Welcome but it wouldnt be much fun with out all of us doing it together. Thanks everyone for posting pics and contributing. I think its what makes us one of the most informative FAQ threads out there.:banana:

It was Sago Cay, and it did have a day bed.

Thanks....before the room rehabs the dormer rooms only had 2 queens and slept 4. I heard somebody else say they had a day bed in a dormer on a recent stay, so I was just curious. :)

Your Welcome but it wouldnt be much fun with out all of us doing it together. Thanks everyone for posting pics and contributing. I think its what makes us one of the most informative FAQ threads out there.:banana:

:thumbsup2 We rock.:goodvibes

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

No the reason this thread is so well done is because you and chan have the GF as a second home :rotfl2: :worship:

Thanks Kelly, Channing,and everyone who has contributed to the new thread! It looks great!:)

Hi! This thread looks great! I especially love the photographs -- makes me miss being at the GF!

I have a question about concierge rooms at the GF. I read somewhere that there is no Sugar Loaf concierge lounge anymore and that the building is sharing services with the main building. Does anyone know if this is true? We stayed in SL once and loved it and are looking to go back, but I want to know what is going on before we book.

Also, when we have stayed in Boca Chica, we had fantastic lagoon view and castle rooms. Are there any views like that from a non-suite room in SL or the main building? What catagory are they so I know what to ask for when I call CRO?

Thanks in advance!

:lovestruc

Hi! This thread looks great! I especially love the photographs -- makes me miss being at the GF!

I have a question about concierge rooms at the GF. I read somewhere that there is no Sugar Loaf concierge lounge anymore and that the building is sharing services with the main building. Does anyone know if this is true? We stayed in SL once and loved it and are looking to go back, but I want to know what is going on before we book.

Also, when we have stayed in Boca Chica, we had fantastic lagoon view and castle rooms. Are there any views like that from a non-suite room in SL or the main building? What catagory are they so I know what to ask for when I call CRO?

Thanks in advance!

:lovestruc

Hi, there IS a Sugar Loaf lounge. There are pics posted....maybe you missed them? It looks crowded, like a restaurant, though...I will try and find the post numbers with the SL pics. OK..edited to add post number SIX has the current pics of the updated SL concierge lounge area.

Some of my pics are castle views from the main building concierge rooms. Sl doesn't relly have any direct castle views. I suppose maybe a couple rooms have a side view from the balcony, but SL views are directly toward teh marina or the courtyard & pool area.

Posts 23 & 33 are of castle views we've had from main building rooms. The castle view from the RPC rooms is request only. We've been lucky and had it granted every time, though!! :)

Enjoy!

I did see the photos posted -- thank you. That's why I was confused after reading that it doesn't really exist anymore!:goodvibes It seems that things keep changing at WDW!

On all-ears, it says:
There are no longer 2 different types of Concierge Service at the Grand Floridian, just 2 separate buildings - Sugar Loaf Key and the Main Building.

Maybe that means the food service is the same then?

I did see the photos posted -- thank you. That's why I was confused after reading that it doesn't really exist anymore!:goodvibes It seems that things keep changing at WDW!

On all-ears, it says:
There are no longer 2 different types of Concierge Service at the Grand Floridian, just 2 separate buildings - Sugar Loaf Key and the Main Building.

Maybe that means the food service is the same then?

Oooh...I gotcha. :flower3: Yes, the food service & offerings are supposed to now be the same. :thumbsup2 Sorry - I thought maybe you thought that SL pic was a restaurant, lol. It looks a lot different now than it did before it was rehabbed. That SL pic is the way it currently looks.:)

SL is a little less money because it's not the main building. That's all.

:)

Thanks for clearing up my confusion!:confused3

Would you happen to know what kind of views are offerred in the main building? Also, do you know what the difference between the standard and deluxe rooms are in that building?

Thanks so much!:flower3:

Would you happen to know what kind of views are offerred in the main building? Also, do you know what the difference between the standard and deluxe rooms are in that building?

I want to know too! I don't get the deluxe rooms vs standard room thing. :confused3 Does SL offer deluxe rooms as well and how do I know which one I booked? :laughing:

I want to know too! I don't get the deluxe rooms vs standard room thing. :confused3 Does SL offer deluxe rooms as well and how do I know which one I booked? :laughing:

Hey guys....well the deluxe rooms in the main building are about 200-250 sq ft larger than the standard rooms. The deluxe rooms only have 2 queen beds, though, and NO daybed. They can only be booked for 4 max. They have the two queen beds and a little sofa seating area, larger oval tubs, wetbars, and some have larger balconies. There are 6 of these deluxe rooms in teh main building - NONE of these have castle views. They all have a courtyard type view. They are only about $15 more per night than the standard rooms...a great deal for the extra space, but I like my castle view & it's a trade off.

We have always booked standard RPC rooms and been lucky with the castle view. :wizard: Some standard RPC rooms have courtyard views or theme pool views.

Praline, I guess the deluxe rooms in SL would maybe be the lodge tower rooms as they are a bit larger & have the sitting area but these are request only, where as the deluxe RPC rooms are a bookable category. There are no deluxe bookable rooms in SL. Does that make sense??

Hey guys....well the deluxe rooms in the main building are about 200-250 sq ft larger than the standard rooms. The deluxe rooms only have 2 queen beds, though, and NO daybed. They can only be booked for 4 max. They have the two queen beds and a little sofa seating area, larger oval tubs, wetbars, and some have larger balconies. There are 6 of these deluxe rooms in teh main building - NONE of these have castle views. They all have a courtyard type view. They are only about $15 more per night than the standard rooms...a great deal for the extra space, but I like my castle view & it's a trade off.

We have always booked standard RPC rooms and been lucky with the castle view. :wizard: Some standard RPC rooms have courtyard views or theme pool views.

Praline, I guess the deluxe rooms in SL would maybe be the lodge tower rooms as they are a bit larger & have the sitting area but these are request only, where as the deluxe RPC rooms are a bookable category. There are no deluxe bookable rooms in SL. Does that make sense??

Make sense to me... we low life Sugar loafers don't deserve a deluxe catagory :rotfl2:
The lodge towers, are these the ones without a balcony?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter