The *NEW* Grand Floridian Resort and Spa FAQ thread (MAY 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Garden View Lounge looking into the central lobby at Christmastime:

gflobby1.jpg

Here's some Walt Disney Suite pics from 2006. It has been redecorated since.

IMGP4536.jpg

IMGP4530.jpg

IMGP4544.jpg

IMGP4385.jpg

IMGP4362.jpg

IMGP4356.jpg

IMGP4359.jpg

IMGP4349.jpg

IMGP4345.jpg

I have more, but need to find them....:sad2:

OM Gosh, Channing! The Walt Suite Is awesome! You lucky girl you, I bet that made turning 40 a little easier! ;)

Thanks for posting those pic :)

I wish I was staying in the W.Disney Suite. LOL
I love that pic of Jojo its so cute. The girls are soo cute.
Dont make me post those pics of you dumping your bag out when we met at RPC that day.

OM Gosh, Channing! The Walt Suite Is awesome! You lucky girl you, I bet that made turning 40 a little easier! ;)

Thanks for posting those pic :)

Oh...I LOVED turning 40...I had dropped 50lbs and was feeling good. I had no problem with 40. PLUS, I planned myself a huge fun time at WDW...we also took the Grand 1 out for Wishes....I need to find some of those pics.:goodvibes :goodvibes It will make me feel good seeing them.:)

I wish I was staying in the W.Disney Suite. LOL
I love that pic of Jojo its so cute. The girls are soo cute.
Dont make me post those pics of you dumping your bag out when we met at RPC that day.

OH....do not post that!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Well there a few buildings you could be in. Did you make any requests?

Sago, Conch key and the main building. There are also some in boca chica

I didn't make any requests, and I'm not RPC, which rules out the main building, right?

Here's me and Lucy on the Grand 1 for my 40th. We ordered a lovely cake from the GF and had champagne and lemonade for the kids.....It was perfect.:cloud9:

IMGP4485.jpg

We'll have our first stay at The GF in December and were soo looking forward to it. We've booked a theme park view room- could someone narrow down the possible buildings we might be in?
TIA!

Almost all teh buildings have TPVs....you could be in Sago, Conch, Boca, or even some rooms in Big Pine have TPV rooms. Sago and Conch are what most people prefer although there are some palm trees that can block the view. Those 2 buildings have the most chance of a castle view vs a Space Mtn type view.

On the previous GF Fact thread Kelly had a map posted on the front page...if it's on this one, take a look and you can get an idea of location/view etc.

I didn't make any requests, and I'm not RPC, which rules out the main building, right?

Yes but if you have Theme Park View booked I am sure you are going to have a great view :thumbsup2 I am partial to Boca Chica. I don't think you can go wrong :cloud9:

Here's me and Lucy on the Grand 1 for my 40th. We ordered a lovely cake from the GF and had champagne and lemonade for the kids.....It was perfect.:cloud9:

IMGP4485.jpg

You are so pretty. That cake is absolutely beautiful and truly up to GF/Disney standards :thumbsup2 Why do people seem to be having so much trouble lately with the cakes? How did you go about ordering this one? Did you go thru IPO or PD on your own?? Thanks!

I dont know what the cake drama is either everything takes FOREVER lately and they have been making some mistakes.

Just returned from the GF, Got a upgrade to a attic room with a perfect centered view of the Castle, Train Station and Space Mountain.

You are so pretty. That cake is absolutely beautiful and truly up to GF/Disney standards :thumbsup2 Why do people seem to be having so much trouble lately with the cakes? How did you go about ordering this one? Did you go thru IPO or PD on your own?? Thanks!

:flower3: Thanks, that's sweet. I think it was my happiness just shining thru...it was the most wonderful birthday I've ever had.:goodvibes I did the regular thing with the cake...called the GF bakery to order. I don't know why they are being so difficult lately. I wanted to order a cake for Easter, but with the way they were I just said FORGET IT.

I dont know what the cake drama is either everything takes FOREVER lately and they have been making some mistakes.

I wonder how Lindsay made out.:confused3

Just returned from the GF, Got a upgrade to a attic room with a perfect centered view of the Castle, Train Station and Space Mountain.

:thumbsup2 sounds great!!:wizard: Did that room have the daybed?? What building? Thanks for the info.

Lives4Disney :)

Channing - WOW WOW WOW!!! That suite is amazing!!!

Looking at your pictures, I am watching your girls grow up before my eyes!!! They are getting so big, so beautiful and mature!!:flower3:

More Details

See Tink in the comforter??

IMG_0965.jpg

IMG_0969.jpg

(Safe, hair dryer, robe)

IMG_0988.jpg

Turndown service (complimentary to all categories of rooms)

IMG_1286.jpg

View from the ME bus stop

IMG_1279.jpg

Lobby

IMG_1280.jpg

IMG_1278.jpg

Entrance to GF Cafe

IMG_0971.jpg

On the way to pick up a bride

IMG_0985.jpg

IMG_0987.jpg

Special Anniversary surprise from the hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter