The **NEW** Grand Floridian FAQ!(MAY 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Momatater, a trip to the GF and the RPC should be just the "medicine" you need to help restore you health! Take care of yourself and enjoy your upcoming trip.

As the news improves from the original rumors about construction and work done on the Seven Seas Lagoon, I hope that the Disney Brides will be taken care of. Thinking good thoughts and sending wishes for pixie dust your way.

We still have no power in NJ, thank goodness for my iPad so we have internet. Reading this thread, seeing KCmike's pictures and thinking about our trip next month helps to keep me happy!

Thanks Jungle Cruiser! I KNOW the Grand will help me relax! Need the rest up for my next surgery! :sad2: Wouldn't be so bad, but my last one was July 15th and I'm not totally recovered yet! :sad1: But I'm keeping good spirits and can't wait to check in and let the magic take over!!! :thumbsup2

I also hope that Disney Brides don't get disappointment with the construction. One thing about Disney is they could have at least warned people before they booked, but I guess that's not good business!:headache:

Sorry you have no power. My Aunt and Cousin don't either and they are going nuts! Hang in there...shouldn't be too much longer!

KcMike: Whoa...your pics are absolutely breathtaking! Thank you so much for sharing! Boy, have I missed a lot around here!! And if I may ask, would you mind if I a grab a few of them (for only personal use, like my desk top backgrounds?) I wouldn't ever copy and save without asking!

Have a great roadtrip!

Stephanie

KcMike: Whoa...your pics are absolutely breathtaking! Thank you so much for sharing! Boy, have I missed a lot around here!! And if I may ask, would you mind if I a grab a few of them (for only personal use, like my desk top backgrounds?) I wouldn't ever copy and save without asking!

Ha, I've had different KCMike pictures as my backgrounds now for the last few weeks, occasionally on my iPhone as well. :). Don't you know as long as you don't try to sell or repost it as something you did, anything posted on the Internet is fair game. ;)

I'm just hoping Mike decides to stay at the Boardwalk soon, my pics from there are very inferior!

Ha, I've had different KCMike pictures as my backgrounds now for the last few weeks, occasionally on my iPhone as well. :). Don't you know as long as you don't try to sell or repost it as something you did, anything posted on the Internet is fair game. ;)

I'm just hoping Mike decides to stay at the Boardwalk soon, my pics from there are very inferior!

Yeah, I know that. However, I prefer to ask if I can. :goodvibes

momatater - Soak up as much of that magic as you can.:hug:

Extremely frustrating that every single person you ask, every time you ask, you get a different answer.

Agreed. Very annoying that so much misinformation is passed along. I'm with you, I hope the monorail runs until the Epcot closing, rather than the MK.

:woohoo::woohoo: 10 Days until we're at the Grand Floridian for the 1st time! :woohoo::woohoo:

YAY!:yay::banana::yay: Won't be long now.

This is where I need to be RIGHT NOW! (Instead I have to wait 9 weeks and 5 days :laughing:) Lol... Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!!

Going away for the weekend. Road Trip time. Last one till next week. Hope you all have a wonderful Labor Day weekend. Thanks to all those that say nice things. I appreciate you all letting me post.

IMG_2458.jpg

It's a little dark, and certainly no KCMike creation, but here's my contribution. Taken from our balcony in our 2009 stay.

Hi to all my friends, give me some time to go and catch up. We just returned last night and I can't wait to go back! We ended up only staying 2 nights, as we were hard pressed to leave Portofino Bay over at Universal......

We got to the Grand by car around 11am, as I just stood there with tears in my eyes looking around with my kiddos while hubby went to self parking, one of the bellman took my bags onto a cart. About maybe 20 seconds later we were met by Denny from Sugarloaf. He was the sweetest, very engaging with the kids. Mind you we were still standing at the curb. He gave me a "Happy Birthday button (my birthday was the 19th but I celebrate all month;))" and introduced us to Scott who pulled up in a Pargo (I think I spelled that right). After loading myself the kids and all the stuff into the Pargo, we picked hubby up from self parking, and were driven to Sugarloaf. This included a quick tour of the grounds...AWESOME. We went straight to our rooms. Scott unloaded our stuff, and showed up around the room, then ran out and filled our ice bucket. All these little touches....then we walked the grounds, when I came back this was waiting for the girls...
0830111325.jpg
And all those cards were autographed for the kids. Each had different characters (strangely the girls got one from their favorite Princesses, and wonderful coincidence)
Then the older 2 went swimming with DH, and in snuck in my birthday surprise, a box of chocolates and a card. I think he thought the room was empty :laughing: But he saw the kids asleep, and came out to the balcony where I was overlooking the kids swimming with the ducks in the courtyard pool :cloud9:
The food offerings at Sugarloaf were always replenished, and the staff remembered us all by name, even the kids (I can't even do that) My 2 year old was in love with one of the ladies, too cute.
I didn't even want to leave to go to the parks....We ate at Gasparillas and I got another balloon bouquet from the staff there. I spent a lot of time with my DD (my Princess who hand picked Sugarloaf) in the main building where she overcame her anxiety of "the loud music" Where we danced to the orchestra and the piano. I could have never appreciated how nice it is to be on the monorail with the kids, stroller, in the incredible heat!
Yesterday we were allowed to stay until 2pm (our flight was almost 8pm) It was great to get some last minute swimming in!
The resort was nice and compact, and by NO MEANS STUFFY! My DH was very impressed!

Thank you to EVERYONE here on this thread. I was in HEAVEN! My only complaint was that we had to come home!

Luckily the hurricane missed our house (we were the only house not affected by flooding on my street) This was my pixie dust. We lost power, and have a lot of landscaping cleanup...refrigerator cleanup. But it's all good :goodvibes

pas130 - Welcome back!:goodvibes So glad you had such a great time at the GF, and in SL. Too bad you had to come home.;) Very nice about the cards, and how lucky they got your girls' favorite princesses right!

I know exactly what you mean about not wanting to leave for the parks. In fact, if my DD has a friend along, I rarely do!:laughing:

Sounds like your stay at Portofino was excellent as well, high five for a successful vacation all around.

Happy to hear most of the hurricane damage missed you, I hope you are able to clear the landscaping mess quickly and easily.

psac - Love your photos, thanks for sharing.:goodvibes

pas130 - Welcome back!:goodvibes So glad you had such a great time at the GF, and in SL. Too bad you had to come home.;) Very nice about the cards, and how lucky they got your girls' favorite princesses right!

I know exactly what you mean about not wanting to leave for the parks. In fact, if my DD has a friend along, I rarely do!:laughing:

Sounds like your stay at Portofino was excellent as well, high five for a successful vacation all around.

Happy to hear most of the hurricane damage missed you, I hope you are able to clear the landscaping mess quickly and easily.

Thank you so much! DD and I are already planning to go back. We walked the grounds of Poly to look at the flowers, but she is in love with the Grand as much as I am. She refuses to think about staying anywhere else, DH is in trouble :lmao:

pas130, so glad to hear you had such an amazing trip. Sugar Loaf is a wonderful place to stay and I absolutely agree with you and k&a&c'smom, there are times when I could happily just stay at th GF and skip the parks!

Sounds like they did a lot to help make you stay special. I loved the picture of the ballons with the pictures on the bed. What a fun treat for the kids.

You must have been relieved to return home to find you escaped the worst of Irene. We still have no power, a week later...I could use a couple of nights at the GF right about now, but then I think everyone else who reads this thread could also!

pas130, so glad to hear you had such an amazing trip. Sugar Loaf is a wonderful place to stay and I absolutely agree with you and k&a&c'smom, there are times when I could happily just stay at th GF and skip the parks!

Sounds like they did a lot to help make you stay special. I loved the picture of the ballons with the pictures on the bed. What a fun treat for the kids.

You must have been relieved to return home to find you escaped the worst of Irene. We still have no power, a week later...I could use a couple of nights at the GF right about now, but then I think everyone else who reads this thread could also!

You definitely need a GF stay. Sorry you are still out of power. Hope it resolves soon. I've seen the PSE&G trucks down our street all day....My neighbors didn't fare as well. My first stay is definitely not my last !

10 weeks from today I'll be checking into GF for the first time!!! :yay:

When I eat at Citricos and Narcoossee's and they ask... "Are you staying here with us at the Grand Floridian?" I can say, "Yes, yes we are." Lol, I dunno why I enjoy that so much, but I do!!

Funny you say that1 We stayed at the Grand for the first a few weeks ago & when we were asked by a cast member at Epcot which resort we were staying at, I wanted to shout at the top of my lungs" THE GRAND FLORIDIAN, THE GRAND FLORIDIAN, FINALLY". Enjoy your trip but I warn, once you stay at the Grand, you'll never want to stay any place else.

My road trip is off. Two of my kids came home sick. One hurt her back somehow and the other came down with a cold. So sad. Oh well I guess it wasn't meant to be.

My road trip is off. Two of my kids came home sick. One hurt her back somehow and the other came down with a cold. So sad. Oh well I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Thanks... Sorry your trip got cancelled, I hope they feel better soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter