• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The **NEW** Grand Floridian FAQ!(MAY 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
KCMike, oh, you made me hungry. Narcoossee's for dinner would really hit the spot. :goodvibes

I hope the family is feeling much better, now.

Well, in a few hours we are off to the airport!! :cool1: Will be checking into the Grand bright and early tomorrow!:banana:

Gotta go finish packing, but I hope to report while there!

Coopersmom: I'll be looking for you in the lounge!!! Hope to meet you there.

Well, in a few hours we are off to the airport!! :cool1: Will be checking into the Grand bright and early tomorrow!:banana:

Coopersmom: I'll be looking for you in the lounge!!! Hope to meet you there.

HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!!

Thanks LuvLuvLuv!!

Done packing....now just waiting and waiting and waiting! Oh how I hate waiting!!:lmao:

K&a&c'smom thank you for the pixie dust and kind thoughts!

KCMike, love today's picture, did you take it from the boat?

Yeah, from the resort boat coming back from the Magic Kingdom.

ahhhh, KCmike, just what I needed..... a GF fix to have sweet dreams ! Thank you !!! :love: Your pictures are such a wonderful treat!!!

Thanks. I love the palm tree blowing in the wind.

Okay, I need to start packing today! Only 8 more days to go...thank you for all the pictures.

I'm sure I've missed you, but safe travels and have a Grand vacation!:dance3:

Okay, I need to start packing today! Only 8 more days to go...thank you for all the pictures.

Eight more days, yay!:banana::yay::banana: Enjoy your packing!

:goodvibes Happy Wednesday Everyone :goodvibes

Anyone have a picture of the private dining menu?? I checked the menu on allears and it was from 2009. Trying to figure out breakfast the morning of the wedding since club level isn't available. The lady steaming my dress and his suit is coming at 7:30am :eek: and said she would be there for about 45 minutes-an hour. After that, it's too close to run out... unless I just go to Gasparillas :( Not what I was visioning :laughing:

Much appreciated if you have it!

Hello, everyone!

My fiance and I are currently planning our honeymoon for next May. We're doing a split stay, with one week at the Boardwalk and the second week at the Grand Floridian. Right now, we're booked in the main building with an MK view. However, we're debating whether we should switch to one of the deluxe king rooms instead. Our biggest concern is not having a balcony, followed closely by getting a view of the DVC construction. I thought I would take it to the experts, since we can't make up our minds. Should we stay where we are or switch?

Thanks!

Katie

Hello, everyone!

My fiance and I are currently planning our honeymoon for next May. We're doing a split stay, with one week at the Boardwalk and the second week at the Grand Floridian. Right now, we're booked in the main building with an MK view. However, we're debating whether we should switch to one of the deluxe king rooms instead. Our biggest concern is not having a balcony, followed closely by getting a view of the DVC construction. I thought I would take it to the experts, since we can't make up our minds. Should we stay where we are or switch?

Thanks!

Katie

I would for sure take the Deluxe King. There's 2 types (you can request-not guarunteed)... I would go for the Jacuzzi instead of the Turret--they have a nice castle view (and you have a jacuzzi garden tub). The turret that I toured was facing the Poly and where the construction will be. It had a lot of extra space--but I like the other better. Congrats!!

I would for sure take the Deluxe King. There's 2 types (you can request-not guarunteed)... I would go for the Jacuzzi instead of the Turret--they have a nice castle view (and you have a jacuzzi garden tub). The turret that I toured was facing the Poly and where the construction will be. It had a lot of extra space--but I like the other better. Congrats!!

Congratulations to you, too! Your wedding is coming up so soon! I can't even imagine at this point.

So you really think the risk of getting a turret is worth it? Do the jacuzzi ones have extra space, or is it just the turret rooms? I'm worried because I really don't want to get stuck with a view of the construction, you know?

Anyone have a picture of the private dining menu?? I checked the menu on allears and it was from 2009. Trying to figure out breakfast the morning of the wedding since club level isn't available. The lady steaming my dress and his suit is coming at 7:30am :eek: and said she would be there for about 45 minutes-an hour. After that, it's too close to run out... unless I just go to Gasparillas :( Not what I was visioning :laughing:

Good thinking wedding twin! Carolyn Allen's is coming by my room at 8am so I'm in the same boat pretty much! :lmao:

If no one comes up with it, I would call the GF and ask for them to send you a copy. When you tell them it's for the morning of your wedding and you are staying at the GF I am sure they will be more than happy to help!

LuvLuvLuv,

When is your wedding? I am taking my family in little over a week, and could get it for you then and post it. Getting there the 21st.

FYI, work nearby in Mason, OH!

Doug

Congratulations to you, too! Your wedding is coming up so soon! I can't even imagine at this point.

So you really think the risk of getting a turret is worth it? Do the jacuzzi ones have extra space, or is it just the turret rooms? I'm worried because I really don't want to get stuck with a view of the construction, you know?

Yeah--It's definately worth the risk for the guaruntee of the King Bed. There's extra room in both. I would do it for sure. I wanted it for our stay, but it wasn't available :(

Good thinking wedding twin! Carolyn Allen's is coming by my room at 8am so I'm in the same boat pretty much! :lmao:

Yeah--I'm trying to come up with a solution. I know I'll need something for sure--I'm thinking room service is the answer.

If no one comes up with it, I would call the GF and ask for them to send you a copy. When you tell them it's for the morning of your wedding and you are staying at the GF I am sure they will be more than happy to help!

Great idea!! Thanks!!

LuvLuvLuv,

When is your wedding? I am taking my family in little over a week, and could get it for you then and post it. Getting there the 21st.

FYI, work nearby in Mason, OH!

Doug

The wedding isn't until November... so if you think about it--that would be great! Thanks for the offer!!

Yeah--It's definately worth the risk for the guaruntee of the King Bed. There's extra room in both. I would do it for sure. I wanted it for our stay, but it wasn't available :(

The Jacuzzi Deluxe King rooms are NOT bigger than the normal rooms. They just seem bigger because one King Bed takes up less space than two queens.

The turret rooms are HUGE, but no balcony.

In any case, congrats and enjoy!

Wow! The thread is moving quickly the last few days!

bottles - Welcome!:goodvibes Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

The MK view rooms in the main building are located in the same area as the rectangular king deluxe rooms. At this point, I think I'd take either of those rooms over the octagonal (turret) king deluxe rooms, due to the construction. Even though the turret rooms are my favorite, the possible noise would make me leery.

For me, there's no other resort like the GF, so I'd definitely choose to do a split, but I'm biased.;) ETA: You are more likely to get the rectangular room than the turret, as there are 9 rectangular/6 turret.:) Simply inform IPO that you much prefer the 2nd floor king deluxe, they will make every effort to please you.

Here are the two deluxe king layouts, if anyone is interested:

floorplan.jpg

LuvLuvLuv - I have the menus from August 2010, I'm pretty sure they are the same today:

gasparillas2.jpg

gasparillasmenu.jpg

LuvLuvLuv - oops! I see you didn't want the Gasparilla's menu, but the PD menu!:blush: Sorry! I do have the PD menu, but can't remember if I have it uploaded to photobucket - I'll check, and if I don't, try to get it sometime today.

Are you looking for the breakfast menu? Or lunch? I can get all of it, but it will be quicker if I know what you most want now.:flower3:

LuvLuvLuv - oops! I see you didn't want the Gasparilla's menu, but the PD menu!:blush: Sorry! I do have the PD menu, but can't remember if I have it uploaded to photobucket - I'll check, and if I don't, try to get it sometime today.

Are you looking for the breakfast menu? Or lunch? I can get all of it, but it will be quicker if I know what you most want now.:flower3:

I'm looking for breakfast :) Thanks for the other one anyway!! Very helpful!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter