The *NEW* Coronado Springs FAQ Thread (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you booked through a travel agent, or through an airline package deal, you may need to call up the TA in order to add your room request to your reservation. If you booked online directly with WDW, then you should be able to add your request when you log on to the site -- or you can always call them up and ask them to add it to your reservation.

Enjoy your trip!

Thanks! First I called WDW and the reservations lady was wonderful, explaining I needed to call the TA. Then she suggested I call WDW back 5 days prior to the trip, to verify the request and make any changes needed.

She concluded the call: "Have a magical day!"

I loved that! Made me all excited again about going!

I called AA Vacations and requested the specific area of CSR and they were very nice to add it to the reservations.

Thanks Buzz for the suggestions and TY Care for the added info. :banana:

Thanks! First I called WDW and the reservations lady was wonderful, explaining I needed to call the TA. Then she suggested I call WDW back 5 days prior to the trip, to verify the request and make any changes needed.

She concluded the call: "Have a magical day!"

I loved that! Made me all excited again about going!

I called AA Vacations and requested the specific area of CSR and they were very nice to add it to the reservations.

Thanks Buzz for the suggestions and TY Care for the added info. :banana:
Have a great trip!!

They are available to use at no cost at the main pool.

Thanks Buzz - I did call the hotel before seeing your response and got what sounded like a confused operator who told me they didn't have them, I'll call back again tomorrow and see if I can find someone more knowledgeable just to confirm.

Thanks Buzz - I did call the hotel before seeing your response and got what sounded like a confused operator who told me they didn't have them, I'll call back again tomorrow and see if I can find someone more knowledgeable just to confirm.
Not sure if you get to talk directly to the resort or a call center. You may get another confused person. Here is a storage bin photo.

4bnpncn.jpg

Not sure if you get to talk directly to the resort or a call center. You may get another confused person. Here is a storage bin photo.

4bnpncn.jpg

Hey Buzz - can you please refresh my memory: are these located at the theme pool, or at the marina? (I kept getting mixed up between POR and POFQ, and now I can't remember any of them!)

4bnpncn.jpg

Thank you - and thank you for all you do to help others with information on this resort. We arrive in two weeks, hopefully to a room at the Cabanas.

Thanks again!

Hi All,
We were able to get reservations for a 5:00 show at the Hoop De Doo, this will be on our fourth day at Disney so we figure it's a good time to build a little "sleep in, hang out at the CSR, play in the pool" day.

Given we need to be at Fort Wilderness by 4:30 for the show, what's the best strategy for getting there from CSR? Should we take a bus to downtown disney, or go to magic kingdom and grab the boat?

Thanks in advance!

Hi All,
We were able to get reservations for a 5:00 show at the Hoop De Doo, this will be on our fourth day at Disney so we figure it's a good time to build a little "sleep in, hang out at the CSR, play in the pool" day.

Given we need to be at Fort Wilderness by 4:30 for the show, what's the best strategy for getting there from CSR? Should we take a bus to downtown disney, or go to magic kingdom and grab the boat?

Thanks in advance!
Go to MK and take the boat to FW.

4fu6qg9.jpg

Building 3 is Pioneer Hall where the Hoop Dee Doo review happens.

Getting back is a bit harder depending on whether the parks are still open or closed. It MK is still open, you can take the boat or bus back to MK or bus to any park that is still open and then transfer to a CSR bus. If the parks are closed, You will have to go to DtD which can take awhile or take a cab.

Review from mousesavers.com!!

Coronado Springs is my Best Value choice in the Moderate category. It has several advantages compared with the other Moderate resorts. It is newer, so there has been less wear-and-tear on everything. Also, Coronado Springs is a convention hotel, so it has a few extra amenities not offered at the other Moderates, including a salon, a health club and a more upscale food court.

The theming is radically different in the three areas of Coronado Springs. You can request a specific area when booking but there is no guarantee you'll get your request.

• The Spanish-style Casitas at Coronado Springs are very peaceful, with courtyards featuring tiled fountains. Casitas Buildings 1, 3 and 2 (in that order) are the closest to the restaurants and services. Casitas Building 4 contains the salon and health club, if those are important to you.
  • The Cabanas at Coronado Springs have a beachy Caribbean feeling. Cabanas Building 8A is very close to the feature pool, which may be a blessing (convenience) or a curse (noise, light). Cabanas Building 9B is closest to the marina and relatively convenient to the restaurants and services.
  • The Ranchos at Coronado Springs feel quiet and secluded -- some would say isolated -- and feature desert landscaping and pueblo-style architecture. They look closest to the main pool on a map, but in actuality they are separated from the rest of the property by a swamp, so it can be a fairly long walk from these buildings to the pool, and a very long walk to the restaurants.

Buzz:

There are tanning facilities at the health club? How much?

Knox

Buzz, how do the refillable mugs work at the Pepper Market. Can we fill them ourselves or do the servers fill them for us?

Buzz, how do the refillable mugs work at the Pepper Market. Can we fill them ourselves or do the servers fill them for us?
If you are not dining, you can enter the PM and fill them yourself or use the window outside the PM and you won't even have to go in to the PM. It is to the right of the main entrance.

2qwlaug.jpg

You can fill them up poolside too.

Thanks Buzz,
This was my next Question, but you have read my mind, how do you do that? "Does the Main Pool have a place where you can refill your mugs? Can you refill them at the Siestas?":rotfl2:

Thanks Buzz,
This was my next Question, but you have read my mind, how do you do that? "Does the Main Pool have a place where you can refill your mugs? Can you refill them at the Siestas?":rotfl2:
Yes, at Siestas, you can refill at the bar or at the snack bar, two options. You can also refill at Francisco's, the bar in the main building. Lots of choices.

Two options for mugs too.
vspg8z.jpg

We just got back from our trip to CSR and I just wanted to say thank you for such a great thread. You have such detailed information here and I felt totally comfortable making my way around CSR and on the buses thanks to you....I love the DIS!

Kim

We just got back from our trip to CSR and I just wanted to say thank you for such a great thread. You have such detailed information here and I felt totally comfortable making my way around CSR and on the buses thanks to you....I love the DIS!

Kim
Welcome back! Glad you enjoyed your stay!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter