• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The *NEW* Coronado Springs FAQ Thread (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
plutospup said:
We stayed in Cabanas. It was close to the dig site, and not too far from El Centro. Ranchos looked like a nice section, too. I believe they try to put the conventioneers close to the convention center. As a result they're more likely to be in Casitas. I did notice several people walking from Cabanas each morning to the convention center. Since it was an IRS convention I didn't loudly snicker at the poor slugs who had to sit in meetings all day :rotfl: (for fear of a tax audit!)

LOL :rotfl2:

Is THAT where tax dollars go - to send people to CSR??? :confused3 I guess it would be pretty bad to listen to tax policy when Disney is right outside the door. :sad2:

I figured logically that conventioneers would be in casitas. During my last Disney stay (at ASMU) I had a REALLY bad experience with 'neighbors' in the adjoining room, so I'm especially touchy. I just don't want a repeat. I used to trust Disney to solve reasonable problems, but I guess I was just naive. Anyway, I'm trying to do at least as much as I can do, to keep away from potential problems, though I know there's only so much you can do.

Thanks for the info! I think we might give it a try. It's my DS's pick anyway. Though, he picked ASMU (he's a jazz trombone player) and that was a very bad choice!!!

Jessica :wave:

Thanks Buzz!
Do you know the status of the dig site? Is the work completed yet?
Any alligator sitings?

I'mNew2DW said:
Thanks Buzz!
Do you know the status of the dig site? Is the work completed yet?
Any alligator sitings?
The work should be completed this month.

I read a post from another board that stated they spotted a small gator (pictured below) during their Sept trip.

ali2.jpg

photo by Cher

Thanks! Hope to see the gator as well as take a lot of pics. I'm really going to take advantage of the grounds this time!!!

I have a toddler who loves the water and pools and a husband who likes quiet.

I think the Casitas look interesting but which one should I choose with the above issues? I also want non smoking.

Which layout is the casitas? Any thought on how to get the best price for November?

:confused3 Thanks.

Quiet, you want the ranchos quiet pool. 2nd choice would be cabanas quiet pool. The casita pool usually has the most activity.

Here are some good room choices.

Cabana 9b is close to bus stop 1 and the main building with a short walk to the Dig Site (main pool) over the wooden bridge. Most convenient location and most preferred.

Cabana 8a is close to the Dig Site (and playground) and bus stop 4 with a short walk to the main building. (Closest to the Pool)

Cabana 8b is between the 2 above. 9a has a quiet pool but is a smoking optional building.

Ranchos 7b has a quiet pool, is close to the Dig Site and bus stop 4 with a bit longer walk to the main building. 7b is behind cabana 8a.

Check out mousesavers.com for specials

Just returned and plan on writing a detailed report Buzz....I just want to say I LOVE CSR even though I ended up in my least favorite ----6A...I was slightly disappointed in the building but not with the resort at all.

I am booking for next October (have it booked for POR but now DH is going back with me since he loved it @ CSR and WDW so we need 2 rooms with my friend, bumping the change to CSR!!!).

MissMichelle said:
Just returned and plan on writing a detailed report Buzz....I just want to say I LOVE CSR even though I ended up in my least favorite ----6A...I was slightly disappointed in the building but not with the resort at all.

I am booking for next October (have it booked for POR but now DH is going back with me since he loved it @ CSR and WDW so we need 2 rooms with my friend, bumping the change to CSR!!!).
Yeah, 6a is the furthest building. Glad to hear you enjoyed it overall. I look forward to your post.

Buzz what are the dimensions of the window in csr. I want to decorate my window and door.
thanks Diane

dimoe said:
Buzz what are the dimensions of the window in csr. I want to decorate my window and door.
thanks Diane
The windows are about 4 ft wide and 4 or 5 ft tall but are broken down into smaller frames, say 1 ft by 1 ft.

Buzz2001 said:
Yeah, 6a is the furthest building. Glad to hear you enjoyed it overall. I look forward to your post.

I just posted my report on the board....GO check it out ;)

Just wondered if anybody had some hidden gems to look for at CSR, like secluded spots or really cool photo angles, your favourite corner/ bench /area? Would love to get some really cools hots and then I can bring them all back for you. 2 weeks tomorrow!!

fizz13 said:
Just wondered if anybody had some hidden gems to look for at CSR, like secluded spots or really cool photo angles, your favourite corner/ bench /area? Would love to get some really cools hots and then I can bring them all back for you. 2 weeks tomorrow!!
Night shots of the resort are very popular; the casitas fountains, the bridge over the lake, all the pools, the temple at the main pool, the beach area, the colors of the buildings.

Buzz, I'm trying to figure out a room request for our stay in December. We have always stayed in the cabanas but I'm thinking with Christmas crowds we'd like to be closer to the first bus stop pick up for the parks. Is bus stop #2 the first pick up for the parks and is that the one between casitas 4 and 5? I appreciate your help! :goodvibes

cdndislvr said:
Buzz, I'm trying to figure out a room request for our stay in December. We have always stayed in the cabanas but I'm thinking with Christmas crowds we'd like to be closer to the first bus stop pick up for the parks. Is bus stop #2 the first pick up for the parks and is that the one between casitas 4 and 5? I appreciate your help! :goodvibes
Yes, bus stop 2 is the one between casita 4 and 5.

I would really love to try the Casita village! Yet a request when booking would be just that-simply a request with no guarantee, correct?

lynninpa said:
I would really love to try the Casita village! Yet a request when booking would be just that-simply a request with no guarantee, correct?
correct, requests are just that

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter