Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only resorts I know for sure read faxed requests are POR and POFQ. Calling the main reservations line and adding room requests to your reservation is still the best way to go.
They didn't action my requests at all, disappointing but we ended up with an upgrade out of it.

:wave2:Anyone know the answers to these questions?

I'm wondering whether to bring a small bottle of washing liquid but am unsure whether you can use liquid in the washers there:confused3
Also the coffee in the rooms, what does it taste like? I am more of an instant girl but if I do have a *proper* coffee I prefer Costa to Starbucks *gasp!*:rolleyes1:flower1:

The freezer is about the size of two slim size water bottles. We put a bottle of water in it and it did freeze though not super solid.
Thanks & thanks for all your fab photos/videos:thumbsup2

:wave2:Anyone know the answers to these questions?

I'm wondering whether to bring a small bottle of washing liquid but am unsure whether you can use liquid in the washers there:confused3
Also the coffee in the rooms, what does it taste like? I am more of an instant girl but if I do have a *proper* coffee I prefer Costa to Starbucks *gasp!*:rolleyes1:flower1:

Thanks & thanks for all your fab photos/videos:thumbsup2

I brought along the small pod type clothes washing detergent but I don't see why you couldn't bring liquid.

I am not a coffee drinker but my husband is. He pretty much only drinks Folgers (and the occasional Starbucks when traveling) and he said that it wasn't too bad.

You are welcome! I hope that you enjoyed them.

I brought along the small pod type clothes washing detergent but I don't see why you couldn't bring liquid.

I am not a coffee drinker but my husband is. He pretty much only drinks Folgers (and the occasional Starbucks when traveling) and he said that it wasn't too bad.

You are welcome! I hope that you enjoyed them.
Again thanks, you have been great with all the info but erm what's Folgers? I am a Brit and drink Nescafe is it anything like that? :-)
Yes really enjoyed them and looking forward to more:rainbow:

I check in next Friday and was wondering if those of you recently there could share what your experience was in terms of charges being put on your credit card on file? Was it charged in one lump sum at check out or randomly during your stay? I know there is a limit for the level resorts but I am leaving my debit card on file and would much rather have one lump change rather than a bunch of small charges for ease of balancing my checking account??

Saw in another post on the Resorts page that someone at CBR a few days could still access OPR via the bridge; only the main center portion was closed. In other words, you could walk over using the winding paths around Caribbean Cay to get to the other side. (If you look at Google Maps, this makes more sense) So it might be helpful to have confirmation whether you can or cannot access the bridge from Aruba/Jamaica at all. Is there a sign/barrier preventing access from that side? :confused: Could those of you there now or going recently give some insight?

Edit: I do apologize for my pictures. It's storming at WDW right now and the signal is bad so I'm having trouble editing and uploading!

Hey everyone. At CBR right now and I wanted to share this in case there were anymore concerns about bridge being out.
image_zps4e6lrnhv.jpg

The shuttles come and go very frequently.

Also, this is the picture to the bridge behind Jamaica. There is a wall and I think walking across it would be impossible. Perhaps the bridge someone is referring to is the "car" bridge that goes over the river as well.

image_zpscfy28qbu.jpg

image_zps3knofqtb.jpg

Last edited:
Yikes we have a standard room that we are checking into in 3 weeks and of course I requested Jamaica as one of my request (before I knew about the bridge refurb this week). I bet we will have no trouble getting that request filled now!! :(

What to do?
30 days out.
ADRs made.
Airfare purchased.
FP+ made.
Memory Maker purchased.
DME and luggage tags received.

Just waiting for the memory bands to arrive.....then what? What am I supposed to do for the next 30 days?

I always find tweaking our ADRs to be a great time waster. Even if it's just a few minutes difference it gives me a sense of accomplishment.

Hi! We have our first stay at CBR starting next weekend. Quick question, which may be silly...do they provide any sand toys at the beaches? I was debating bringing a few from home but my DH thought that was silly. DD (3) has never been to the "real" beach as we have always just done Disney, so I know she'll be excited for some sand play... Thoughts? We have plenty of luggage space as we can each check 2 bags free on SW. Thanks!!

Hi! We have our first stay at CBR starting next weekend. Quick question, which may be silly...do they provide any sand toys at the beaches? I was debating bringing a few from home but my DH thought that was silly. DD (3) has never been to the "real" beach as we have always just done Disney, so I know she'll be excited for some sand play... Thoughts? We have plenty of luggage space as we can each check 2 bags free on SW. Thanks!!
Not silly at all! There aren't any toys provided BUT the kids lunches & dinners from the food court come in a sand bucket with a shovel !

Thanks! That's so cute that they do that! I will pack a couple of sand molds bc they don't take up much room, but I love that they give a bucket!!!

Thank you for the additional pics!!! We leave in 8 days for our 2 week vacation... I'm SOO excitied!!! This is our first stay at CBR! :dogdance:
We'll be there starting your 2nd week. I'll be the good looking guy with the hot chick (wife). I'll also be wearing Gators' visors the whole week. Can't miss me!!! 8-)

What to do?
30 days out.
ADRs made.
Airfare purchased.
FP+ made.
Memory Maker purchased.
DME and luggage tags received.

Just waiting for the memory bands to arrive.....then what? What am I supposed to do for the next 30 days?
Duhhhh, you could start packing. I started 45+ days out. My wife thinks I am nuts!!! And she is correct. 15 days now out now...maybe I should unpack and re-pack. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter