Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were just there a few weeks back and called for a bounce back ( ext 8844 on the room phone) and the person asked what dates we Were looking for. This is the first time we tried the bounce back thing so maybe others have had different experiences but they kind of acted like they did not know what we were talking about when we said bounce back but they offered to look for return dates that offer discounts. We scheduled a bounce back for the discount time from dec 11 - 23, 2015. I am sure they have other times available but that was a time we found that worked for us. We gave them a $200 deposit and the discount I Beleive was about 35 % and the package included room, tickets and dinning.
Wow, that sounds like a great deal! We would be looking for a room only.. did they have all types of rooms at the caribbean available? Thank you!

The % was off the room only and we then included tix and dining. So I just checked my reservation and for 7 days the package is about 25% off of a similar Package I quoted out for the same time. Hope that helps. They also said you can call and make any changes until midnight of your last night at the hotel and you could also use the discounts on the cruise while still at disney.

Please take us off the roll call. My parents have decided to get a family suite at another resort. :sad:

I'll stay here someday.....

The % was off the room only and we then included tix and dining. So I just checked my reservation and for 7 days the package is about 25% off of a similar Package I quoted out for the same time. Hope that helps. They also said you can call and make any changes until midnight of your last night at the hotel and you could also use the discounts on the cruise while still at disney.
That does help thank you! So we would be looking at 25% off if its available.. just hoping they still have rooms available under the bouceback that we can get at the Caribbean! Thanks!

We stayed at CBR for 10 days in the beginning of March. We have only stayed at deluxe resorts or offsite over our years coming to Disney as we have a family size of 5 - 10 people with our extended family.

Great resort would stay here again.
We used MDE and did online checkin but also stopped by the main building and I am glad we did as they had personalized buttons for the kids.
Transportation, we were thinking of getting a car rental as this was our first time without a car at disney. We did not need a car, IMO better to save the $ and stay an extra night. We only waited for a bus once more then 10 minutes over 10 days and most pulled up soon after getting to the bus stop.
We had early ADRs on two occasions and got a cab which pulled up right by our room. This was maybe $12 - $15 both times so a good choice if you need to get around quick but both times we did call ahead about 30 minutes.

Room, we were in Aruba 56 right outside the Aruba bus stop, this was great after a long day at the park.
When we checked in they said the walk to the main building would be about 20 minutes so to use the internal bus. I used the internal bus once (which took forever) and walked back to our room. The walk was maybe 5 minutes so for me I never used the internal bus again. My advice, on day one walk from your room to the main pool and Old Port Royale and see if the walk works for you. Nice short walk and so much to do from the kids playground to the big pool to the pool bar!
We used the food court at Old Port Royale a few times times which had a bunch of options and the gift shop had beer, snacks and cases of water for about $6.

Housekeeping was not at all what we are use to. We had to call for towels or Tp more then once and on our last day we came back to a room around 8 pm that was not cleaned at all and that was after leaving $5 2x hoping it would inspire the gal cleaning the room. Big problem and we let the hotel know about it but it looks like this happens a bunch at this resort.

Bell services could not have been better, we had a early 6 am flight out so we had to be at the MDE bus stop by 3:30 am. Bell services knocked on our door at 3:05 am and we were all still sleeping. Because of the time change our phone alarms did not go off. We luckily all had showers late the night before so we all got ready in 12 minutes while the bellman laughed the whole time. We made the MDE bus and he got a good tip.

Our last trip was at the BC at Christmas and while wonderfull with discounts we were able to stay at CBR for 3 more days and for less $$$. The 3 extra days really made our trip so CBR will be a top option for us on our next trip.
Thanks so much for taking the time to give us a detailed report. :)

I see a lot of people used taxis to get to their early ADRs, but we have a 2.5 yo, so that is probably not the best idea. Will the buses get us to the MK early enough? I really don't want to have to pay for parking at the park.

I see a lot of people used taxis to get to their early ADRs, but we have a 2.5 yo, so that is probably not the best idea. Will the buses get us to the MK early enough? I really don't want to have to pay for parking at the park.
Are you staying at CBR? If so, you get free parking at the parks if you have a car with you. :)

It sounds like you may have a car with you if so you can paRk for free like someone else said also if the ADR is at a resort you can self park for free or if you are running late pay a small fee for valet parking. The valet ticket is good all day for any resort so you can go and park valet at another resort near another park like Epcot or Mk. We have done this many times In The past.

If you want to add us to the roll call....we are going to be there June 6-13!!!! Can't wait to be back here! Last time we were here was way back in 2009!!
:)

Anyone there now and have the April movie/campfire schedule? I'm only able to find the March schedule so far. Thanks!

It sounds like you may have a car with you if so you can paRk for free like someone else said also if the ADR is at a resort you can self park for free or if you are running late pay a small fee for valet parking. The valet ticket is good all day for any resort so you can go and park valet at another resort near another park like Epcot or Mk. We have done this many times In The past.

Thanks for this handy tip as well!

Beach bum ROLL CALL:

Please add us!

September 12-19 (me, DH, and DD) and 2 more families (DB, DSnL, Dnephew) and (DB,DSnL, Dniece)

Roll Call
Sep. 20th - Sep. 28th
Me 27::MinnieMo, DH 26::MickeyMo
Thank You! :)
So excited to stay at this resort for the first time!

Yes, you can take an early bus. I would call transportation and explain when you need to get picked up to make sure a bus will be available.

Last week, we had a 7 am ADR at Chef Mickey's. When I got to the bus stop at 6 am, it didn't occur to me that buses didn't run that early (ok, I'm a novice at WDW). I called transportation from a phone at the bus stop to ask if a bus would be running this early. I was told they send an early bus around to pick up people with early breakfast resevations. I swear that a single MK bus pulled up 5 minutes later (Disney magic). The bus driver even dropped us off at the Contemporary since we were the only ones on the bus. We were staying at CBR.

Just joined the group, planning Sept 24-Oct 4 2016, no need to add me to the roll call yet haha The info on this page has been SO helpful! Am I correct in thinking that my best bet to be close to OPR and buses without booking a preferred room would be Jamaica or Aruba?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter