Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although there are more of them at POR, a room in Alligator Bayou when not a party of 5 is still just a request.
I spoke to Disney today and they said all rooms in Alligator Bayou have murphy beds now ( but then isnt Alligator Bayou a request in itself too? hmmm)...Im going to call back tomorrow again and ask about CBR...worth a try..other than that I may have to look into offsite.. a suite is not in our budget..dang kids! lol

I spoke to Disney today and they said all rooms in Alligator Bayou have murphy beds now ( but then isnt Alligator Bayou a request in itself too? hmmm)...Im going to call back tomorrow again and ask about CBR...worth a try..other than that I may have to look into offsite.. a suite is not in our budget..dang kids! lol

Yes, all of the rooms in Alligator Bayou have the Murphy Beds but Alligator Bayou is not a booking category. Unless you are a party of 5, you can only request to be in Alligator Bayou.

All of the preferred rooms at POR are in alligator bayou, so that option may work for you.

All of the preferred rooms at POR are in alligator bayou, so that option may work for you.

Right! Thank you for that. I totally forgot that yes, by booking a preferred room at POR you will get a room with a Murphy Bed.

Well just did online checkin for Jamaica upper floor. Sure wish I could request the building as well.

Last edited:
Well just did online checking for Jamaica upper floor. Sure wish I could request the building as well.

You can if you call. This is why I always recommend calling in room requests. That way you're not tied to the limited predetermined options during online check in.

You can if you call. This is why I always recommend calling in room requests. That way you're not tied to the limited predetermined options during online check in.
Does this mean I just screwed up by doing online?

Alright, we switched from CSR to CBR after a five-year run at CSR. We've never been to CBR. We're going in June.

Can someone please put my mind at ease over the busing situation at CBR? I've heard that's a serious negative for the resort, but is it really that bad, in terms of wait, time taken to get out of the resort, etc?

Also, are there some stops to avoid, and some that are better than others?

Thanks!

Alright, we switched from CSR to CBR after a five-year run at CSR. We've never been to CBR. We're going in June.

Can someone please put my mind at ease over the busing situation at CBR? I've heard that's a serious negative for the resort, but is it really that bad, in terms of wait, time taken to get out of the resort, etc?

Thanks!

We have had multiple stays at CBR, all during Free Dining when the resort is at capacity, and have always had great bus service. Much better than some of our experiences at POR. We feel the fact that every village has it's own bus stop as a very big plus for CBR over the other Moderates. With a stop at every village, you are never more than a minute or two walk to get to one. We have never had to stand on a bus leaving CBR to go to a park in the AM and have never had one pass by our stop. I can't say that about POR.

Even if you're the first stop picked up on the way to the parks in 7-8 minutes you'll be pulling out of CBR. I would rather spend a couple extra minutes sitting on an air conditioned bus than walking to a bus stop in the Florida heat.

Now any resort can and does have issues from time to time. But in our experience CBR has not had any.

Does this mean I just screwed up by doing online?
I did online requests for two villages and called to add ground floor. The first person I spoke with told me I couldn't make requests until 10 days prior. @dansdad clarified that I can, so I tried again, and the CM was super nice.

Also, :wave: from KC!

We have had multiple stays at CBR, all during Free Dining when the resort is at capacity, and have always had great bus service. Much better than some of our experiences at POR. We feel the fact that every village has it's own bus stop as a very big plus for CBR over the other Moderates. With a stop at every village, you are never more than a minute or two walk to get to one. We have never had to stand on a bus leaving CBR to go to a park in the AM and have never had one pass by our stop. I can't say that about POR.

Even if you're the first stop picked up on the way to the parks in 7-8 minutes you'll be pulling out of CBR. I would rather spend a couple extra minutes sitting on an air conditioned bus than walking to a bus stop in the Florida heat.

Now any resort can and does have issues from time to time. But in our experience CBR has not had any.

Awesome, thanks! I also thought POR's busing was worse than POFQ and CSR, so your opinion means a lot to me on this subject. Time for me to stop worrying about that and start worrying about my FP+ selections next Thursday :)

Thanks!
Have only had busing problems once...during Christmas. Every other time the bus service has been great. CBR gets too much grief because of it's perceived size, but each resort has it's own bus stop and you are never too far away from a bus stop. As for stops, you really can't avoid the stops, but it is not a major headache like some make it out to be.

Right! Thank you for that. I totally forgot that yes, by booking a preferred room at POR you will get a room with a Murphy Bed.
Yay thank you so much for this...nice to know we now have that option now...Im waiting to see if the murphy bed idea wears off the kids as I really want to tome back to CBR:)

another question if anyone can help...I was showing my kids the photos of the new rooms...the 6yr old jumped with joy when he seen the new murphy bed...my 12yr old also was soo happy as he was telling us he no longer wants to sleep with his 6yr old brother. Perfect we thought...then I come to read that not all rooms have a murphy bed and you have to have 5 people to get one? is this correct?? can anyone enlighten me? I really dont want to book Alligator Bayou unless I have to as you know I love CBR...also dont want to go on the chance of a room request to get one as we all know we are not guaranteed them..UGH Help!
We just got back from another stay at CBR. In all of our previous stays we opted to pay for a roll away bed so that my teenage daughter did not have to sleep with my young son. While we requested a room with a Murphy bed, we did not receive one as we were not a party of five. To top it off the resort no longer offers renting a rollaway bed as an option. So it looks like we will be looking to other resorts in the future, which is sad for me as I truly love CBR and found the refurbished rooms amazing!

60 days!!:banana: Hadn't planned on doing fastpasses til I woke up this am but I ended up waking up ~12:20 am so I went ahead and made them. Another long night waiting until tornado watches and warnings expire...so went ahead and started online check in! Decided on Martinique (looked so soothing). Good thing I checked too-room only reservation made through Orbitz and still had Orbitz address (even though profile address correct and I had changed to my address when personalizing magic bands).

Trip is becoming more "real"-especially considering this trip started out as more of a hope/wish/dream 200+days ago! Kids still don't know...made it this far can wait 59 more days...right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter