The NEW Boo to you! MNSSHP official thread 2013

Who knows or has an active list of characters available during MNSSHP? Any and all, not just the Halloween-only ones. I'm trying to piece together who to interact with in costume versus who to get pictures with on regular days.

I'm sure the discounts played a role in last night's sellout as well. Thursday had the pre-purchase discount as well as the DVC and AP discount available. Someone (I think Mesaboy) had said the DVC and AP discounts were particularly effective at bringing people into the parties. I guess he was right!

ETA: None of those discounts are available for tonight's party, so it will be interesting to see how attendance will be.

Oh. Interesting. Wonder how tonight's attendance will be?

Heading to the party tonight! :) Hoping for low crowds! pixiedust:

Hopefully! Please report back.

Just noticed tonight's party sold out too, so you should not feel badly about advising someone to buy tickets to the party last night.

We are going to the party on Halloween here and 10/25 (a Friday) at Disneyland. Those were two of the fastest to sell out. The crowds do not scare me at all. Disneyland sold way less dates than WDW, which may be why all parties but one sold out by the time the date arrived. The Friday parties (with no discounts) were the first to completely sell out over there.

Just noticed tonight's party sold out too, so you should not feel badly about advising someone to buy tickets to the party last night.

We are going to the party on Halloween here and 10/25 (a Friday) at Disneyland. Those were two of the fastest to sell out. The crowds do not scare me at all. Disneyland sold way less dates than WDW, which may be why all parties but one sold out by the time the date arrived. The Friday parties (with no discounts) were the first to completely sell out over there.

Wow. I feel a little better.

Enjoy your parties! We had fun on the capacity day we went.

Went to the sold out 10/10 party last night & had a blast. My hubs, toddler son & I did a few of the trick or treating spots. We got enough candy for us & were done with that early. Loved the parade, caught the first viewing in Frontierland. Rode small world, mansion, pirates, lil mermaid, carousel, & dumbo with no wait. No coasters due to the lil one. Watched the fireworks from Sleepy Hallow while enjoying our pumpkin waffle sundae!!! So good! My son (who was dressed like Woody) loved LOVED Woody's dance party! We had a great time in there with Woody & Jessie. We also met Goofy. Saw some really great creative costumes last night too. All in all a great fun night. I bought my tickets on a whim & picked a random day that worked for my family. I didn't think it would be a sellout. Yes A lot of people but it didn't ruin it for us at all. This was my first halloween party & first time to MK. I'll be back next year! :D

Went to the sold out 10/10 party last night & had a blast. My hubs, toddler son & I did a few of the trick or treating spots. We got enough candy for us & were done with that early. Loved the parade, caught the first viewing in Frontierland. Rode small world, mansion, pirates, lil mermaid, carousel, & dumbo with no wait. No coasters due to the lil one. Watched the fireworks from Sleepy Hallow while enjoying our pumpkin waffle sundae!!! So good! My son (who was dressed like Woody) loved LOVED Woody's dance party! We had a great time in there with Woody & Jessie. We also met Goofy. Saw some really great creative costumes last night too. All in all a great fun night. I bought my tickets on a whim & picked a random day that worked for my family. I didn't think it would be a sellout. Yes A lot of people but it didn't ruin it for us at all. This was my first halloween party & first time to MK. I'll be back next year! :D

Those are pretty big firsts! Sounds like a good party.

Thanks! We will make the most of both.

:)

I'm probably asking the same question someone else already has, but I'm trying to plan everything out now that we've got things running over here, so I have to ask.

How late do characters like the 7 Dwarves, Jack and Sally, and others standard non-show characters stay out? 11PM, 12AM? Earlier, later? And do lines for 7 Dwarves lessen as the night goes on, or only get worse?

After the Villains finish their show, how long do they stay down and out for photos, approximately?

The only one I can answer is the villain's pictures after. They were out for about 10 minutes give or take.

Is Haunted Mansion ride too scary for 5yo boy/girl?

The online description seems to suggest that's it's kids-friendly, but not sure how trusty it is :)

Is Haunted Mansion ride too scary for 5yo boy/girl? The online description seems to suggest that's it's kids-friendly, but not sure how trusty it is :)

Depends on the kid. It's pretty tame, but I was much older than 5yo when I got up the nerve, I'm embarrassed to say. Now it's my favorite attraction anywhere.

We always watch the 2nd parade in Frontierland. It is a great spot. You can watch the Headless Horseman ride for a long stretch back there.

I believe you have said you are going with your family on the 22nd as are we. It will be our first time. I believe I have read you watch Hallowishes by the Plaza and then head over to Frontierland for the parade. I plan on being in line early for the Dwarves and then wondered what your recommended game plan is. Do you recommend dance parties, villain mix and mingle before or after fireworks/parade. Rides aren't too much of an issue as we will have other days to do that. Appreciate your advice/guidance!

Perfect! Thanks so much for the info.
I told her she might as well do the PP while she is there with her friends. lol The more picts we are able to get the better. We have done the PP almost every time we have been but since they changed it, I wanted to make sure I had my info correct.
The 45 days should be no problem since this will be a fairly short trip for me. I think that gives me until about thanksgiving to get them all edited and the CD ordered!
This is our first MNSSHP! I am so excited! We went to the Christmas party last year but I am told this party is even better! :cool1:

Smitch I have a question. Could you please tell me how this works? lol I ordered the pre-arrival photopass but I am not sure what to do now? Before it would just show as a credit in my photopass acct but this is completely different it seems. I paid, received my order confirmation..now what? Sorry for all the questions!
Thanks for any help!

How late do characters like the 7 Dwarves, Jack and Sally, and others standard non-show characters stay out? 11PM, 12AM? Earlier, later? And do lines for 7 Dwarves lessen as the night goes on, or only get worse?

After the Villains finish their show, how long do they stay down and out for photos, approximately?

I haven't been to a party yet so I can only speak from the like 100 blogs I have read lol..but I have heard that most character attendants cut the line around 11:15-11:30 sometimes give or take...depending on the line length to keep everything on time. I have also heard a few people say they saw a few people left in line for Jack&Sally when they left at Midnight...but I personally wouldnt depend on them keeping the line open close to midnight.
I have heard some people say they've passed by the dwarves later on in the night have seen a 15-30min line...but I think if there a high want on your list to meet, I wouldn't want to risk coming by later and seeing there line is like an hr+ since if the party is more crowded that could happen. I'd personally pick either Dwarves or Jack and Sally to get in line to meet before the party starts..if you have a favorable one :)
Also I have read that the villains come off the stage and stay out 10mins..15 at the most...I am dreading the villains since they don't really have a designated line :sad2:
Good luck!!!:goodvibes

The online description seems to suggest that's it's kids-friendly, but not sure how trusty it is :)

I think it depends on your child..if they are scared really easy...maybe not then.
I personally loved the ride from a young age...but I've seen some kids in line that were terrified. The whole ride and wait inside is really dark so that might freak the little ones out..also the stretching room in line is probably the worst part since they cut the lights out and then when the lights come on that's when the eerie paintings come up..but I know you can ask a cm to skip that room if that might freak the little ones. The ride its self is pretty harmless to me..as I said its dark..but no ghosts jump out and scream or anything..the freakiest parts might be the bride with her knife..but she's not scary looking to me...and the graveyard since a couple things pop up behind the gravestones..but I don't think its too bad, and the last room the ghosts in mirrors goof of with the riders by making it look there is a ghost in your doom buggy or on top but to me its really cute. I'd say if you take your little through the line and the gravestones thru the line and Madame in the yard(only on MNSSHP nights) and there freaked out with that..then maybe skip it. Hope they enjoy the ride tho..its really a cute ride!! :goodvibes

I am a happy gal this evening..my tickets came in...whoop!! :cheer2:
DSC02507.jpg

and I have pretty much all I need for our costumes...yay for being almost done with errand running....I am tired of seeing the inside of a spirit Halloween store :rotfl2:

Honestly on a regular park day, my 5 year old isn't scared at all. At the party, we had to find the exit. The combination of it being night, people going overboard trying to be scary and the CM effects did him in. If you can, try to do it before it gets dark and the party really starts, then if your 5 year old is ok try it at night.

Is Haunted Mansion ride too scary for 5yo boy/girl? The online description seems to suggest that's it's kids-friendly, but not sure how trusty it is :)

All 3 of mine were 4yrs old their first time. ALL loved it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter