The NEW Boo to you! MNSSHP official thread 2013

Raya

DIS Veteran
It's now less than 180 days until party time! I thought I'd add a few FAQ.

What days will the party be held?
Tuesday, 9/10/13,
Friday, 9/13/13,
Tuesday, 9/17/13,
Friday, 9/20/13
Tuesday, 9/24/13
Friday, 9/27/13
Sunday, 9/29/13
Thursday. 10/3
Friday, 10/4
Sunday, 10/6
Thursday, 10/10
Friday, 10/11
Monday, 10/14
Thursday, 10/17
Friday, 10/18
Sunday, 10/20
Tuesday, 10/22
Thursday, 10/24
Friday, 10/25
Sunday, 10/27
Tuesday, 10/29
Thursday, 10/31
Friday, 11/01

Where can I buy tickets?
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/purchase/

What parties sell out?
Definitely Halloween, and usually a few parties around then. Friday night parties tend to be more crowded and have a better chance of selling out.

What attractions are open?
here's a list based on last year's map. (Thanks to letthewookiewin)

When can I get into the park on party day?
4pm, even if you're in a super huge costume.

Do people wear super huge costumes?
Oh yes.

But surely not the grown ups! Costumes are for kids.
I may be an adult but I'll never be too grown up to put on a costume. There are many adults who agree with me.

My child has allergies, what can I do?
Collect treats from the treat trails as usual, take the candy to Main Street, City Hall and swap it for candy they can enjoy.

Woe is me. I eat a Paleo/whole food diet, there's nothing at the party for me.
Not so, Adventure land gives out whole bananas and most treat stations offer apple slices and carrot sticks. Healthy treats are usually offered after the regular treats, but often have no line.

As soon as the dates and rates are released I'll add them here.

Any recent party goers that can fill us in on Jack & Sally. What time did you get in line and what time did you see them?

Thanks for the new thread. I can not wait until our party date even if our trip is still almost 32 days away.

Thank you for the new thread. Here are pictures of the costume I will be wearing at MNSSHP on the 3rd of October.This costume will be based on cat Kilala. The wig and the tail will be different. These were taken at MHP in 2011.

This is my cat Kilala

All right! New thread! Something to tide me over while we wait on our first ever MNSSHP on 10/6!

We're finally settled on our costumes.

DW

Witch-Hazel-icon.png

DD

valente-clipart-merida.jpg

me

image.php

Does anyone know how this works during the party? Are there set times the show will be performed? About how long does this last? Crowds for it? Thanx.

Does anyone know if all the villians have a photopass photographer? We were disappointed last year when we lined up for the Queen of Hearts and there was not a photographer.

I'm leaving in a couple hours to drive up to Orlando for the party tonight... *sigh* in the rain

If it's pouring (haha - if - a girl can hope) are there fallback locations for the characters that are located outdoors? Or do those characters just not appear when it's raining? My plan for tonight is supposed to be non-stop characters... I was at the 9/13 party and did rides/parade/fireworks, but not one character because I knew I was going to a second party...

I guess I'll be rockin' my 'Snow White as a drowned rat' look tonight!!

I am supposed to go tonight and am also concerned about the rain. Mostly because I don't want our costumes to be just covered up by ponchos! I was thinking of bringing umbrellas instead of ponchos for this reason. Good or bad idea? Also, where to buy any "different" Disney umbrellas besides the one single design we've found so far at the gift shops. Am I missing something?

Does anyone know if all the villians have a photopass photographer? We were disappointed last year when we lined up for the Queen of Hearts and there was not a photographer.

Each of the villains has their own photographer this year. They give you a few seconds of conversation and then snap the shot.

Any recent party goers that can fill us in on Jack & Sally. What time did you get in line and what time did you see them?

I am also keeping my eye out on this. We are considering dropping our 4:40 BoG ADR so that we can get on line earlier if need be. J&S is my DWs absolute must do at the party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!