• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The NEW Boo to you! MNSSHP official thread 2013

We have tickets for 10/11 :) I think I am wearing this. I just made it and glows in the dark. :cool1:

haunted_zpsb0f29b68.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

That's cool! I'll be on the lookout- this is mine. I had everything on hand and aside from a few gray hairs, I've got the hair. :thumbsup2

DH is Doofenshmirtz & DD Agent P with teenage creative license!

I left my voucher at home last year. They were able to look up my purchase via my email address. Which seems odd to me...why not just make that the standard thing to do? I'd think it would increase sales and also eliminate GR issues at the parks when people like me forget their vouchers. They're implementing a $1B system to track our every move through the parks, but they can't figure out how to get guests Photopass+ without presenting a piece of paper. It's unbelieveable. :confused3

I know, so odd what is still mechanical and what is digital. No rhyme or reason to some of it... FWIW I did get the voucher today... so I ordered 9/30 and got it 10/4 with the expedited shipping.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Just leaving MNSSHP. Had a blast! The parade was incredible. Only saw part of the fireworks, was too loud for DD. Waited about 15 mins to see Jasmine & Genie, about 10 for Tarzan, Jane & Terk. Got in line for Jack & Sally at 11pm and only waited just over 10 mins. They were great! Space Mtn was closed, lights were on when we went thru on the TTA. Got in a lot of other rides. This was our 1st time going to this party, so glad we did it!!

Just leaving MNSSHP. Had a blast! The parade was incredible. Only saw part of the fireworks, was too loud for DD. Waited about 15 mins to see Jasmine & Genie, about 10 for Tarzan, Jane & Terk. Got in line for Jack & Sally at 11pm and only waited just over 10 mins. They were great! Space Mtn was closed, lights were on when we went thru on the TTA. Got in a lot of other rides. This was our 1st time going to this party, so glad we did it!!

Yay! I love reading everyone's party reports. It makes the anticipation for our trip so much better!

Just got back. Made it to the park around 6.

Got our special SOTMK card.

Took a few photopass on main street.

Rode Little Mermaid with no wait.

Got in line for Rapunzel and Flynn at 6:40, was the 5th group. Got in to see them and Snow White and Charming at about 7:10.

Did some trick or treating.

Rode HM with about a 5 minute wait.

Got the special photopass pictures with no wait.

Watched Woody's dance party.

More trick or treating.

Jack Sparrow with 10 minute wait (??? not sure how that happened).

Rode POTC.

More trick or treating.

Picture with Jasmine and Genie with 5 minute wait.

Caught the villains show (the one before the fireworks).

Half of us got a picture with Malificent, other half got Frollo and was the group to be cut off for Cruella.

Got a seat in the hub for the projection show and fireworks. It was really empty and everyone stayed seated.

Went back to Frontierland to get a seat for the parade 40 minutes ahead of time.

Saw parade.

Did more trick or treating.

Got in line for the Pooh characters, waited about 15 minutes for them to come out.

Waited 2 minutes for a picture with the Mad Hatter.

Had dinner at Cosmic Ray's around 11:30.

Did more trick or treat trails.

Checked out the Monsters University dance party.

This party felt super empty, it was a really great time :thumbsup2

Just got back. Made it to the park around 6. Got our special SOTMK card. Took a few photopass on main street. Rode Little Mermaid with no wait. Got in line for Rapunzel and Flynn at 6:40, was the 5th group. Got in to see them and Snow White and Charming at about 7:10. Did some trick or treating. Rode HM with about a 5 minute wait. Got the special photopass pictures with no wait. Watched Woody's dance party. More trick or treating. Jack Sparrow with 10 minute wait (??? not sure how that happened). Rode POTC. More trick or treating. Picture with Jasmine and Genie with 5 minute wait. Caught the villains show (the one before the fireworks). Half of us got a picture with Malificent, other half got Frollo and was the group to be cut off for Cruella. Got a seat in the hub for the projection show and fireworks. It was really empty and everyone stayed seated. Went back to Frontierland to get a seat for the parade 40 minutes ahead of time. Saw parade. Did more trick or treating. Got in line for the Pooh characters, waited about 15 minutes for them to come out. Waited 2 minutes for a picture with the Mad Hatter. Had dinner at Cosmic Ray's around 11:30. Did more trick or treat trails. Checked out the Monsters University dance party. This party felt super empty, it was a really great time :thumbsup2

Okay, I want ^^^ THIS^^^^^ exact same party experience...sounds perfect!!!

That's cool! I'll be on the lookout- this is mine. I had everything on hand and aside from a few gray hairs, I've got the hair. :thumbsup2

DH is Doofenshmirtz & DD Agent P with teenage creative license!

I love it.. :) Hubby hasn't said what shirt he wants yet... I am guessing this year we will not all be matching. :)
:rotfl2:

Ok, so last year when we went to disney we did not do the party, but on party nights we saw almost everyone arriving in costumes, adults and kids. This year I wanted to see what all the party was like so I got us tickets, however we are not ones for dressing up. I'm sure we will be in the minority but are their a lot of plain clothes people on party night or are we just gonna stick out?

I suppose I can toss on a Halloween graphic tee to fit in a little.

DLM1980 said:
Ok, so last year when we went to disney we did not do the party, but on party nights we saw almost everyone arriving in costumes, adults and kids. This year I wanted to see what all the party was like so I got us tickets, however we are not ones for dressing up. I'm sure we will be in the minority but are their a lot of plain clothes people on party night or are we just gonna stick out?

Havent been yet, but I have heard "most" kids dress up and "over half" of the adults. I dont think you will feel out of place, but its a good opportunity to try something new!

Our kids dress up but DH and I do not. Just not our thing. We did not feel out of place.

Ok, so last year when we went to disney we did not do the party, but on party nights we saw almost everyone arriving in costumes, adults and kids. This year I wanted to see what all the party was like so I got us tickets, however we are not ones for dressing up. I'm sure we will be in the minority but are their a lot of plain clothes people on party night or are we just gonna stick out? I suppose I can toss on a Halloween graphic tee to fit in a little.
We went Thursday & it was a mix of costumes & no costumes for both kids & adults. I did not wear a costume & did not feel out of place. We had a great time!!

We are headed to the 10/14 party. I have a 4 year old who really dislikes fireworks--where is a good place for us to be when the fireworks are going where the other kids can see them from a distance, but the noise isn't as loud?

Are any of the other activities super loud? He wants to watch the Villain mix and mingle--how loud is that?

Thanks! We have 3 other kids who I think will love it (2, 6 and 11 year old), but the 4 year old is very hit and miss with crowds and noise.

We are headed to the 10/14 party. I have a 4 year old who really dislikes fireworks--where is a good place for us to be when the fireworks are going where the other kids can see them from a distance, but the noise isn't as loud?

Are any of the other activities super loud? He wants to watch the Villain mix and mingle--how loud is that?

Thanks! We have 3 other kids who I think will love it (2, 6 and 11 year old), but the 4 year old is very hit and miss with crowds and noise.

That'll be really tough. Maybe second level of the train station in Town Square at the extreme front of the park, but I'm not sure the view is good enough or the noise quiet enough.

We used to use (I think they are called) Putty Buddies for our four year old during fireworks. You just put them in their ears and mold them with your fingers to fit in perfectly. Maybe that will help.

That'll be really tough. Maybe second level of the train station in Town Square at the extreme front of the park, but I'm not sure the view is good enough or the noise quiet enough.

Thanks! I figured there wouldn't be a great place, but thought I'd ask.

We used to use (I think they are called) Putty Buddies for our four year old during fireworks. You just put them in their ears and mold them with your fingers to fit in perfectly. Maybe that will help.

I'll look into them--I doubt he'd wear them, but will try to find something to have on hand to lessen the noise.

DLM1980 said:

My kids are dressing up but DH and I will be wearing Disney Halloween t-shirts. Ill be wearing Mickey ears....I'm working on my DH to do the same lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter