• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The NEW Boo to you! MNSSHP official thread 2013

I totally screwed up and forgot to order my photo pass plus and now it's past the 14 day mark. So angry with myself. I am probably going to pre-order the regular photo pass. I thought I read here that at the party there are pictures during the party that are exclusive to the photopass plus? Is that accurate? Any insight you can provide is appreciated.

Kicking myself. :headache::mad:::eek:

Our party night, Sept. 27th got some rain and actually held up the carriage shot for awhile but luckily we kept checking and eventually got it! I had told my wife that I knew there was a hitchhiking ghost shot but had no clue where it was being done!? Luckily I just happened to see a group of people with their thumbs out, grabbed the wife and kids and got that shot as well, there was no line! The picture was being done next to a building in Liberty Square (as you head out of the Haunted Mansion it should be around the first group of buildings to your left) were an old wine barrel sits!

Now we just need our "magic" to appear in the magic shots!!

What?! I wanted the hitchhiking ghosts (got them last year and i had a whole plan) but I could not find them (9/29)! I walked all over Liberty Square :/ I got the carriage at least but now am disappointed I missed the ghosts. Oh well, guess that means I have to go back!

I have a Rapunzel FP booked for next Friday Oct.11 from 6-7pm. We were hoping to do what you are thinking about. Go at 6:55pm and ask to meet the princes.

Well, well, well....my fastpass from 6-7pm for Rapunzel has "magically" disappeared for my family of four.

And the powers that be have replaced Rapunzel with these selections which include all day FP times.

Now my son has a Cinderella FP with a return time of 9am-7pm
My daughter and husband each have a Mickey FP with a return time of 9am-7pm
And I have a Dumbo FP :rotfl2: with a 9am-7pm return time.

When I try to change selections, MDE freezes up. The regular website freezes up for me as well. :confused3

Well, well, well....my fastpass from 6-7pm for Rapunzel has "magically" disappeared for my family of four.

And the powers that be have replaced Rapunzel with these selections which include all day FP times.

Now my son has a Cinderella FP with a return time of 9am-7pm My daughter and husband each have a Mickey FP with a return time of 9am-7pm And I have a Dumbo FP :rotfl2: with a 9am-7pm return time.

When I try to change selections, MDE freezes up. The regular website freezes up for me as we'll. :confused3

How frustrating.

I❤MICKEY;49736773 said:
I totally screwed up and forgot to order my photo pass plus and now it's past the 14 day mark. So angry with myself. I am probably going to pre-order the regular photo pass. I thought I read here that at the party there are pictures during the party that are exclusive to the photopass plus? Is that accurate? Any insight you can provide is appreciated.

You don't need PhotoPass+ to be able to take magic shot pictures, anyone can do them :)

I❤MICKEY;49736773 said:

You can still get the Photopass+ if you are at least 3 days out. You can call and have it added to your resort reservation. They will charge about $8 in tax, but you would still get the preorder price. The magic shots can be done with regular Photopass. :goodvibes

You can still get the Photopass+ if you are at least 3 days out. You can call and have it added to your resort reservation. They will charge about $8 in tax, but you would still get the preorder price. The magic shots can be done with regular Photopass. :goodvibes

too funny - I did the same thing and was SO mad at myself - everything else booked 180+ days in advance! Sorry! :hug:

Since I have a travel agent, Disney would not add it to my reservation when I called and I could not get a hold of my TA. It was 10 days out and I just ordered it online with the expedited shipping per a disney photopass CM recommendation. It does not come in the mail - just a voucher which must be redeemed at the photopass place in each park to get your lanyard and pass. If the voucher does not come in time, the photopass person with whom I spoke said they can look it up in the system to confirm I paid.

Sydnerella's Mama

If the voucher does not come in time, the photopass person with whom I spoke said they can look it up in the system to confirm I paid.

I left my voucher at home last year. They were able to look up my purchase via my email address. Which seems odd to me...why not just make that the standard thing to do? I'd think it would increase sales and also eliminate GR issues at the parks when people like me forget their vouchers. They're implementing a $1B system to track our every move through the parks, but they can't figure out how to get guests Photopass+ without presenting a piece of paper. It's unbelieveable. :confused3

So I'm in the 24-day window of our trip for MNNSHP at WDW, and a little worried. We haven't bought our tickets yet (boyfriend and myself) because we've been:

1- Deciding on dates. 10/29 or 10/31? We both are leaning towards 10/31, but at the same time we've been...
2- Worrying about getting sick and not being able to use the tickets if we buy them in advance. It's my #1 fear right now. Last thing I want to do is spend $150 on tickets and then NOT be able to use them or get a refund because we were unable to use them.

What should we do? Anyone with experience on waiting until the last minute know how those dates are in terms of tickets sold?

Not sure if you saw yet, but the 31st is sold out!

looking forward to attending the night of the 22nd this year, and I will be going as Rapunzel but after she has cut her hair...lol since im a brunette

Tickets purchased for next Fridays party (10/11) We're doing costumes related to Phineas & Ferb. So bummed they are doing the creeper crew instead of meet & greets!

We have tickets for 10/11 :) I think I am wearing this. I just made it and glows in the dark. :cool1:

haunted_zpsb0f29b68.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

disneywego said:
We have tickets for 10/11 :) I think I am wearing this. I just made it and glows in the dark. :cool1:

[/URL][/IMG]

I am in love with this!!! Fantabulous job!!!!

no capes darling said:
Tickets purchased for next Fridays party (10/11) We're doing costumes related to Phineas & Ferb. So bummed they are doing the creeper crew instead of meet & greets!

Bring your Edna suit and come Thursday night, I want that photo op! :)

Does anyone know if SM will be open during the party? I know it wasn't listed for the first few parties because of the refurb.

Now my son has a Cinderella FP with a return time of 9am-7pm
My daughter and husband each have a Mickey FP with a return time of 9am-7pm
And I have a Dumbo FP :rotfl2: with a 9am-7pm return time.

When I try to change selections, MDE freezes up. The regular website freezes up for me as well. :confused3

We had a Rapunzel FP+ for 6-7 on 10/27. We do have MNSSHP tix for that night, but they aren't linked.

After I read your post, I went in and looked and now on my itinerary it has been replaced with text that says "FP+ for 5 for Select Experiences"

When I click on it, it says the following:

Arrive between
9:00 AM−7:00 PM
Magic Kingdom® Park
Choose from the following experiences:
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Meet Rapunzel and a Visiting Princess at Princess Fairytale Hall
Meet Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater
Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid
Meet Cinderella and a Visiting Princess at Princess Fairytale Hall
Dumbo the Flying Elephant®

I'm not sure what to think about this.....

We had a Rapunzel FP+ for 6-7 on 10/27. We do have MNSSHP tix for that night, but they aren't linked.

After I read your post, I went in and looked and now on my itinerary it has been replaced with text that says "FP+ for 5 for Select Experiences"

When I click on it, it says the following:

Arrive between
9:00 AM−7:00 PM
Magic Kingdom® Park
Choose from the following experiences:
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Meet Rapunzel and a Visiting Princess at Princess Fairytale Hall
Meet Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater
Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid
Meet Cinderella and a Visiting Princess at Princess Fairytale Hall
Dumbo the Flying Elephant®

I'm not sure what to think about this.....

I ended up having to cancel all my fp's and just rebooking them. Except that now of course I don't have an opportunity to book either Rapunzel or Cinderella between 6 and 7 pm.

It looks like the two princesses are still an option for you though. I would hold on to your 9am - 7pm fp's to see how it all plays out.

Good luck! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter