The NEW Boo to you! MNSSHP official thread 2013

We were at Cracker Barrel tonight in our local area and they had some adorable princess costumes for $19.99. Just thought I would share in case anyone has not thought to look there.

I would like more info on enchanted tails as well. Is it worth doing with to boys age 11 and 9 who are not really interested in princesses (sigh this is the one place in the world that makes me want a daughter. Lol)?

No, almost certainly not.

Most of them, yes. Berlioz (a CM who posts here) had a website that lists all the MNSSHP characters and indicates which one have photographers. I think a link to her site is in the first thread, or I'm sure someone with a better memory than me knows the site.
Thanks! &thanks to mesaboy too, that link answers the rest of my questions!

Yep we were at the 9/20 party...hopefully this won't be a common thing for everyone else's sake. I do regret the amount of time we wasted but my son really did want to meet him:/ what was even worse was seeing him around 10:45 or so and being told his line was cut off. The CM's said he would be out till 11:30 when we inquired about him at 8:15 and he still wasn't out

I might try to talk my son into wearing his Jack Sparrow costume to the second party so I can see what happens at the first one, unless someone from this week has more info. I know Josh says 8, and Kenny says 730, last year he was out by 730....why do they have to play games like this when we pay that much for a 5 hour party, have all the characters out on time!!

Does anyone know if they offer like a "party only" photopass special (wishful thinking probably)? I'm only down for one night and won't be spending almost $200 for photography from 8 hours of park time.

You can buy individual pictures for $15. (Well, 2 4x6s of the same picture or 1 5x7.)

My son is dressing like Jack Sparrow and he wants a picture with him. I'm hoping we can do that.

we attended the party last night (9/24) and had a great time despite the burst of hard rain. We brought our ponchos and 2 umbrellas, we felt prepared...but still got soaked to the bone. The rain was not as bad as it was Monday though. We got right into line for the Dwarves a little after 6pm, we were done with photos with them by 7:20. Went through a few TOT lines on our way to meet Tiana and Naveen in their gazebo, btw LOVE Naveen, he was awesome, very in character. Then we decided to head to Tomorrowland to do TOT along the back walkway and we got a ton of candy! We headed to Frontierland and realized that the first parade still hadn't started because of the rain. We were in the middle of the street walking through and my DH had on his Perry the Platypus poncho, a few people in the crowd yelled "yeah Perry!" and people started cheering and someone even yelled "I love you Perry!" lol it was funny. Heard some people chanting "boo to you, boo to you" to try to bring on the parade :)

We headed toward the castle to see if any of the villain stage shows would be on but found people just waiting for the first parade, no shows in the rain. The parade did finally start and we caught some of it but not in a great viewing area. After the parade we got a spot near Casey's for Hallowishes, awesome spot btw! After Hallowishes we got a spot for the 2nd parade down further on main street, put our ponchos down on the sidewalk and sat on them to try to stay dry. Had an awesome front row view of the 2nd parade, still kinda bummed that there was no headless horseman. We did a little more trick or treating and then made our way to the Diamond Horseshoe to catch the last 15 minutes of the Jessie/Woody dance party, it was super cute! CM's even gave us handfuls of candy as we were leaving the dance party!

We did absolutely 0 rides, I warned the family of this plan and they all seemed ok with it until we got there and my DD begged to go on every ride we saw lol We got about half of the stuff done that we wanted, the rain played a part in that though.

I have noticed that people have been saying that they have gotten Peeps when the exited the party. What kind of Peeps are they? Meaning are they Ghosts, Jack-O-Lanters, or Black cats? I hope I get some too when I go on the 3rd.

I have noticed that people have been saying that they have gotten Peeps when the exited the party. What kind of Peeps are they? Meaning are they Ghosts, Jack-O-Lanters, or Black cats? I hope I get some too when I go on the 3rd.

We were there for the party on the 24th, and I'm sad to report not a sign of Peeps :(

The Peeps are miniature bird peeps in Halloween colors such as orange and green.

I walked right by them at the party on the 17th. Dh and ds spotted them right away. This day they were located outside the turnstiles.

On the 24th, they were under cover of the train station platform near the stroller/wheelchair rental.

We were there for the party on the 24th, and I'm sad to report not a sign of Peeps :(

They were there. Honest.

Here are our remaining Halloween Peeps. They are about 25% smaller than the ones you get in the box.

DD and I went to the 9/24 party. Really bummed about the weather. Cut into a lot of our plans. Arrived at 4 on the dot, as did many others. Most were wearing costumes, but we decided we'd go back to our room at BLT to change later because it was so hot, humid and the skies threatening. We went to our BOG dinner.(So dark in there it was comical!). Hit a couple of shops and went back to our room, changed and were back by 6:30. (I know! Super fast service at BOG!)

Did not do any characters meets, DD not a fan. (She had an encounter with Beast at BOG that I think will scar her for life.) Went on HM twice in a row, did BTMR and hit a couple of treat spots. We were getting ready to procure a parade spot when it started pouring. We ended up dancing in Golden Horseshoe longer than we'd of liked.(Couldn't get DD to dance with Woody and Jessie) VERY surprised how empty it was in there, even during the rain! Got some candy in there but really wanted one of those pumpkin waffle sundaes at that point, so we kinda ducked some rain to get to Sleepy Hollow. Just as we got our sundaes, the rain had stopped and the parade started. Not a bad spot to view a parade, BTW.

Afterward, we went to POTC, more treats, headed to Tommorrowland where we went to another dance party and then road the People Mover. The People Mover??!!! you say? Well, they are working on Space Mountain so the lights were on in there!!! So interesting to see!!
Treat trail, (One CM was giving out ONE piece of candy to each person. DD and I looked at each other and laughed) and watched fireworks from behind the castle. Did Little Mermaid ride, Peter Pan and IASW all with treats in between. We started winding down and headed to Main Street. Got my MNSSHP pins and some Starbucks to keep me going during the second parade and headed out.
My take away is that even though it was a Tuesday and the weather stunk, it was more crowded at this party than the one I went to the Tuesday before Halloween on a gorgeous night four years ago. You just never know anymore and should prepare for everything. Crowds, weather, 14 year olds that are freaked out by characters :confused3

denneg said:
I might try to talk my son into wearing his Jack Sparrow costume to the second party so I can see what happens at the first one, unless someone from this week has more info. I know Josh says 8, and Kenny says 730, last year he was out by 730....why do they have to play games like this when we pay that much for a 5 hour party, have all the characters out on time!!

All the other characters seemed to come out right at 7 or a little after. I don't know why jack sparrow is any different but I hope you guys get to meet him!:)

All the other characters seemed to come out right at 7 or a little after. I don't know why jack sparrow is any different but I hope you guys get to meet him!:)

I don't remember what time it was that we walked by Jack Sparrow, but he was out for the M&G. It was sometime between 7 and 7:30pm; because we had just done the ToT trail at Splash MT at 7, then got in line for the POTC ToT, then walked by Jack Sparrow on the way to the Tiki room.

Sorry so HUGE! Although I'm on my phone so it may not be so big...
As you can see DD and I met and visited with J and S last October in Disneyland, right outside the Haunted Mansion!
Do we bother waiting this year? I'll ask DD's opinion.
We also have a picture with the 7 Dwarves from our MNSSHP 10/2009.

Sorry for this silly question! DH and I have only been with friends, and this year will be the first with children - do they give out treat bags or should I make sure we bring them for the kids?
Thanks so much!

Sorry for this silly question! DH and I have only been with friends, and this year will be the first with children - do they give out treat bags or should I make sure we bring them for the kids?
Thanks so much!

They give bags to both kids and adults when you enter and get your wristband. :thumbsup2

They give bags to both kids and adults when you enter and get your wristband. :thumbsup2

I saw somewhere on the net the 2013 bags are with Frozen characters, I guess I will bring a Halloween bag because a Snowman in october just does'nt make sense IMO :rolleyes2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter