~The NeverEnding Story:TR-Turned-Baby-Turned-Pre-TR~LINK TO NEW PRE-TR...p189

Congratulations to the new little family. You have a very handsome little guy on your hands. :love:

Oh Dawn Seth is soooo adorable !!!I loved both the new pix !You are just beamimg and Ray whose face I canq't see but I know he was too!!Seth looks soo cute on his coming home day!!!

Great picture and I saw all the photos on FB as well! So excited for you guys! So excited to read this post that I am up at 12:36am doing so, even though I have to be up at 5:45 and for other reasons, I really need my sleep! Looking forward to more news of the little guy!

Congratulations!! Seth is so adorable!
I love that picture of the two of you looking at Seth! Anyone can really see the love you have for him and I think that's really sweet.:goodvibes

Dawn and Ray - I remember being over the moon with every one of my kids births and it never goes away :goodvibes

Next week, you will love him even more than you do right now.
And the next week, the same thing happens again.
It's the craziest thing! ;) :love:

Sometimes, you will just hold him or watch him sleep and tears will stream down your face. You just think you might explode with happiness and love. It's not anything you can explain to people - you just have to live it to comprehend it.

So true, MeMom. So true. :lovestruc

Dawn that's just the sweetest picture ever! :goodvibes

I knew it would be soon. That picture is what pure joy looks like.:love:

Just got home and I find great news!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS DAWN and RAY ! WELCOME BABY SETH

Congratulations!!!!! Seth is adorable and I love that last picture you posted of the three of you with the nurse in the background. My Ellie was 5 lbs, 15 oz at birth and 19.5 inches so very close in size. We were in Newborn clothes for a good 6-8 weeks, then started the 0-3 months and was quickly in 3 months clothes after that. Just thought I would let you know - we ended up needing to borrow a few Newborn items from friends. She did wear Preemie clothes for about 2 weeks, too, that we borrowed from a friend.

You all are such a cute family:goodvibes

PS - that was a very quick labor for your first! It was almost the same as my labor with Ellie, I was 5 cent when I got to the hospital, but water broke at the hospital right after checking in, then she was born 2 hours later. It is so funny how many similarities there are.

My DD was also 6lbs even and 18.5 inches. We stayed in newborns for a full 3 months and then really got some wear from baby clothes. 3 hours from my water breaking to delivery. Glad I was already at the hospital when it happened.:laughing:

sorry it's taken me so long to get back here and post these pictures. new mommy duties have been keeping me busy. i will go back and read any specific questions and try to get back but i'm not gonna respond to every post....i'd never get to post the pictures! but thank you all so much for all your words of kindness. i'm not overwhelmed but it just seems there's always something to be done! and can i just say i have the best husband ever? he's been so great. he goes back to work tomorrow and i figured he'd be so happy to return and get a break from us but he's really having a harder time with returning than i am! i'm gonna miss him being around all day. we've really enjoyed our time together this past week. :goodvibes

anyway, on to the pictures! i pretty much told you the story of what happened last saturday. woke up, water breaking. i called erica first and she was like, "um....i bet you're having a baby today." i just wasn't sure what was happening because it wasn't like in the movies where there's this huge gush of water. i called my midwife and she told me to watch for a couple things (not getting into details as i don't want to gross anyone out) and call her back if they happened. well, not too long after that i started cramping and they cramps were about 6 minutes apart. i called her back and she suggested i come on in. when i told ray he was like, "yeah, right....you aren't in labor!" boy, did he feel dumb about an hour later! :rotfl: we got to the hospital around noon and the whole way there the cramps got worse. they checked me in triage and it was for sure amniotic fluid and then the nurse told me i was dilated to a 5!!!! i couldn't believe it! i started crying and said, "am i gonna be able to get an epidural???" :lmao: they got me in a room pretty quickly and thank goodness they were able to do my epidural shortly after. i did have to take a bag of IV fluids first and that bag seemed to drip soooooo slow! the last few contractions before the epidural were horrible! ray took this right after the epidural kicked in....

1003087702_w4Pr5-L.jpg

:rotfl2: i was being silly. it helped to relieve the anxiety!

i had the BEST birthing team ever. my nurse, tyra, was awesome. and ray and sara, my doula, were both soooooo great. my midwife was cracking me up with the stuff she was saying. i won't say because it's kinda graphic but she was hilarious. we were joking around between contractions. :laughing: i was exhausted by the time he was born but i only pushed for 1.5 hours - i've heard of WAY worse!

i won't get all mushy on you guys but it's amazing how much my view of the world and everything in it changed seth was born. ray says he considers everything in his life either B.S. or A.S. now.....before seth and after seth. :)

meeting him for the first time....

1003091455_QDwev-L.jpg

1003092759_H58Rc-L.jpg

leave me alone....i wanna go back where i came from!!!!

1003095755_YFi5H-L.jpg

his weight...

1003097681_2GKTe-L.jpg

look at those toesies!

1003101235_Nemnj-L.jpg

so glad it's over!

1003104098_7MYi5-L.jpg

1003107306_79EEu-L.jpg

meeting again after he was all cozy and bundled up. it was so awesome!

1003109557_FWsBj-M.jpg

1003111078_8hctP-L.jpg

so, so happy!

1003113355_CDWHF-L.jpg

continued in next post: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=38196971&postcount=2513

ray's mom meeting seth. he's sticking his tongue out at her! :laughing:

1003116956_PKNRs-L.jpg

getting his first shampoo. he had somewhat of a cone head but it went down to normal within a day.

1003120157_dzTAH-L.jpg

seth and sara, who was my doula. i don't know if i told you guys but she did this for free. she's actually still in training and needed to do some observation work. she's a massage therapist now and i didn't see how i could go wrong with letting her help us! although everything happened so quickly she really couldn't do anything. i was just planning on a 24-hour labor! :laughing:

1003122875_osMeK-L.jpg

seth and daddy...

1003124947_rFKiJ-L.jpg

we had called mom when we checked into the hospital around noon and she hit the road to head down here but she didn't make it in time. i think she got there right around 6:30 or so. i'm just glad she got to come!

1003126751_kzjjT-L.jpg

ray took these later that night in our room.

1003130361_tiXJS-L.jpg

1003131669_2R9Lx-L.jpg

at one point late that night one of the nurses came by to take seth to weigh him or something (i can't remember) and when he came back they had wrapped him up like this. it was soooooo cute! i took these from my bed with him laying next to me. he was just so calm and laid there staring at me.

1003135578_56i5a-L.jpg

1003136442_2Nv2p-L.jpg

ray took this on sunday as we were laying around the hospital room. i love it! watch for the sneeze near the end.

on monday before we were released from the hospital the photography chick came by to take some pictures. ray snapped a few behind her. i ordered a couple that she took and will post them once i get them scanned into the computer.

1003141363_hPaLu-L.jpg

1003142546_bnwvj-L.jpg

1003144021_3Aubd-L.jpg

how cute is he?

1003146185_Eu6as-L.jpg

we all were SO ready to go by the time they released us from the hospital. we had been ready since that morning but were waiting for seth's birth certificate paperwork to be returned. anyway, here we go!

1003155039_sKZDZ-L.jpg

1003154336_T2MsT-L.jpg

let's go, daddy!

1003157480_hDNXK-L.jpg

continued in next post: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=38196981&postcount=2514

his first car ride!

1003158211_ZgZww-L.jpg

look what anna had done to our mailbox....

1003171851_LgpiW-L.jpg

sherman and eli were anxious to meet their new brother....

1003160083_ESHex-L.jpg

1003162399_mu4KM-L.jpg

1003164865_foGXB-L.jpg

we've had lots of visitors, most of whom you don't know. but some of you remember anna and luke from my december 2008 TR. luke was just taken by seth and wanted to hold him so badly, but anna said he'd have to wait until seth was a little bit older and his immune system was stronger (in case luke was carrying any germs).

1003180842_zaTqk-L.jpg

enjoying his swing....

1003186779_mhpQk-L.jpg

i took this of mom trying to steal my child before she left to go back home on tuesday. :rotfl:

these are some of my favorites....daddy and seth cuddling in bed!

1003189488_8hica-L.jpg

and sherman joined them at one point....

1003193250_bN4tD-L.jpg

this was yesterday....ready for his first day of college football! i allowed the orange and white but next saturday it will be black and/or gold. all his vandy/UT onesies are too big for him right now!

IMG_0145.jpg

i got these stickers you put on a white onesie that say 1 month, 2 months, etc., and that way you can watch them grow. here are the ones with the zero on them.....

DSC05111.jpg

DSC05113.jpg

DSC05114.jpg

and last but not least, meeting mickey for the first time! :goodvibes

DSC05122.jpg

thanks again for all your kind words. i will go back and do responses where i need to at some point. and i will continue to post pictures, of course!

now begins the countdown to seth's first WDW trip in october 2011....we book the room in november so that's just around the corner. so excited!!! :woohoo:

SUCH AWESOME PICTURES OF YOU AND RAY AND BABY SETH!
Again, congrats.
he is soooo sweet!:goodvibes

KIM

Love the new pictures Dawn! He is growing so quickly already, it's amazing! It must be horrible for Ray to have to go back to work and leave you two lovelies at home. :guilty:

All the pictures are just adorable! Seth is a precious, precious little boy!

I laughed about how he was allowed to wear orange and white on Saturday! I know you are just dying for him to fit into his Vandy onesies!

So glad he has met Mickey! Just think -- this year is bound to fly by and then he will be meeting him for real! :banana:

Oh he's sooooooooo cute! I'm so glad you had a quick delivery and you were able to get the epidural. You were surprised that you were dilated to a 5...imagine my surprise when I got to the hospital and they told me I was almost at 9!!! The doctor made me nervous because when he was checking, he was muttering something then clearly I heard "holy crap." You don't say that to a first time mom who has no idea what is going on besides being in pain! I guess he was just as shocked as I was! Anyway, I LOVE all the pictures of Seth. I laughed when I saw him sticking his tongue out - Giada did that so much her first day! Love the video! It's so fun to watch your baby, isn't it? I would just sit and hold Giada and look at her for hours!

Hi Dawn,
The pictures of Seth are great. What beautiful baby you have. I know you are enjoying him so much. Hopefully you are getting some rest too. Those early weeks and adjusting to motherhood are pretty exhausting.

Also, I wanted to let you know that I missed you at the Dis meet this past Sat. I totally understand and would not have taken my baby out either. I do hope we get to meet up one day soon since we are practically neighbors.

Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures. Will be looking for more....:goodvibes

TTFN,
Darlene

I love the pictures! It's amazing to see the changes in him already from birth to now. I hope you are getting rest and feeling good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter