The MURPHYS are LIVE from the Animal Kingdom Lodge & Yacht Club 5/30-6/8

Loving the report so far! Thank you so much for posting the picture of the sign stating that Africa closed at 6:00. We'll be at AK on a Harambe Nights day, but won't be attending the event, so it's good to know we won't be able to get into the Lion King show after a certain time. I was wondering why the last show time showing up on wdw.com was 4:00. Duh, this is probably why!

The show was really epic! A mixture of music, dancing, narration, movie clips, orchestra, dialogue, sound, color, lights, I loved it! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

DSCN4599_zps99aa5a72.jpg

DSCN4598_zpsb76b8e54.jpg

DSCN4601_zpsd878fdb1.jpg

DSCN4605_zpsa5f8909c.jpg

DSCN4604_zps51d2a2e9.jpg

We were basically two rows off the floor level and you can see even from our view we had heads blocking some areas of the stage. The people in the back floor seats wouldn't have been able to see half of what we saw. And there were a LOT of tall people in those chairs, and I even saw one woman wearing Mickey ears the WHOLE SHOW! :sad2: If I would have been the people behind her I would have asked her to take them off.

ears_zpsa7f00955.jpg

Seriously, isn't that insanely rude???? :rolleyes:

Back to the show! :) :thumbsup2

DSCN4614_zpsc2a4001c.jpg

DSCN4612_zpsa8f9ba9a.jpg

DSCN4620_zpsc246cf33.jpg

DSCN4627_zps23dc0724.jpg

Thank you so much for this wonderful report. Looks amazing! You were so lucky to get Viola Davis!! My daughter and I LOVE her and we really wish we could have seen her live! We have Michael Beach on July 5th and while I'm happy to have a celebrity narrator, he will always be Bernadine's not-so-kind husband to me in the movie Waiting to Exhale...LOL.

Thanks for the wonderful insight on the premium seats. I know now that I have to line up early so that we get a good view. What time did you get in line? My daughter and I have FP+ for the safari from 5-6. We might have to skip the appetizers and settle for the Lion Chow. A good view is more important to me as I am like you and don't eat much when it is sooo hot! My daughter is a big Lion King fan so the show is much more important to us.

As we exited the theater we followed a group of drummers and dancers back into Harambe for dinner. Notice the crazy woman who started running and almost knocked me down. I'm surprised she stopped and didn't trample the performers. :sad2: :headache: :rolleyes: HEY LADY, nobody else is running you freak! :rotfl: Later I saw her in the shop trying to buy about a dozen of the LE pins and arguing with the CMs about why she couldn't buy more than 2. At this point she just needed to be punched. :lmao:

http://s59.photobucket.com/user/ekmurphy12/media/Disney World May 2014/DSCN4637_zps9084adaf.mp4.html

Mickey and Minnie were the first characters to greet us! :)

DSCN4644_zpse55c021a.jpg

As we continued past the stage and Mickey and Minnie walking back towards the Safari ride you could see multiple food tables and seating for dinner:

DSCN4645_zpsb09e2b73.jpg

DSCN4646_zpsb2374d68.jpg

DSCN4647_zps4443bee5.jpg

DSCN4649_zps6aa7227d.jpg

DSCN4650_zpsbdce3d5c.jpg

Tons of characters walked around... Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Timon, Rafiki. Also there were cultural exhibits and representatives you could talk to.

DSCN4652_zps769332e0.jpg

Lots of people dancing in front of the live music....

DSCN4656_zps5db6c8b7.jpg

DSCN4657_zps92bcde46.jpg

DSCN4661_zpsd87cd4d7.jpg

DSCN4662_zpsb95ad531.jpg

DE8E154C-63E9-48B3-AAEA-880E7407F2B8_zpscw8r8zy3.jpg

DSCN4667_zps28cfa4ae.jpg

DSCN4671_zps5f651e99.jpg

I finally talked one of my kids into taking a picture! They were more interested in eating LOL :lmao:

DSCN4673_zps8f6e89e0.jpg

The birthday boy! :) He enjoyed the show and the whole evening but he said he thinks I picked what I wanted to do on his birthday! :rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

DSCN4675_zps8177fec7.jpg

We didn't make it to 10:30. It was so hot, and we were really tired, plus we had to get up the next morning at 4:30 to make an early flight. So we headed out around 10:00. The exit was really awesome!!!

The Tree of Life was alive! :)

FA64C6DF-B6FC-4DAE-A6CD-C095BE46D0A9_zps330r9xu6.jpg

And as we walked out there were tons of animals and castmembers telling us goodbye :)

75D9AB13-AB95-45F9-817D-25FB38EB4D7A_zpsd3bo0nif.jpg

B5058E59-85D9-409F-AD6C-8B850D611612_zpsrp3twtnp.jpg

DSCN4686_zpsd28d6db5.jpg

Such a great night!!!!!!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Oh! I just found one more video... here's a clip of the dancing:

http://s59.photobucket.com/user/ekmurphy12/media/Disney World May 2014/DSCN4655_zps2b12f54f.mp4.html

Thank you so much for this wonderful report. Looks amazing! You were so lucky to get Viola Davis!! My daughter and I LOVE her and we really wish we could have seen her live! We have Michael Beach on July 5th and while I'm happy to have a celebrity narrator, he will always be Bernadine's not-so-kind husband to me in the movie Waiting to Exhale...LOL.

Thanks for the wonderful insight on the premium seats. I know now that I have to line up early so that we get a good view. What time did you get in line? My daughter and I have FP+ for the safari from 5-6. We might have to skip the appetizers and settle for the Lion Chow. A good view is more important to me as I am like you and don't eat much when it is sooo hot! My daughter is a big Lion King fan so the show is much more important to us.

They let us in at 6:30 and I'd say we lined up around 7:00. There was plenty of time to sample the apps and have a drink. Especially if you stick to the food and drink area that is right next to the exit doors of the theater. :thumbsup2 I think doors opened into the theater at 7:15. The Lion Chow is on a table near the theater entrance. It was pretty good. :)

They let us in at 6:30 and I'd say we lined up around 7:00. There was plenty of time to sample the apps and have a drink. Especially if you stick to the food and drink area that is right next to the exit doors of the theater. :thumbsup2 I think doors opened into the theater at 7:15. The Lion Chow is on a table near the theater entrance. It was pretty good. :)

Thanks so much, Erika. My name is Erika with a k, too! Awesome report! I'm so excited!

Thanks so much, Erika. My name is Erika with a k, too! Awesome report! I'm so excited!

It was a fun night! :)

If you are interested in buying merchandise you can only get it after the show. I went over and did my shopping first and then ate. We got the tshirts, cd and lithograph, and I bought a print to get the artist's signature. He personalized also. :)

Erika: I'm so sad that your leaving! I've had such a "Fantastic Disney Trip" with you :)

Can't wait to hear about the HNights!!! Wonder if there are any plans on extending the timeframe longer?

Safe Travels!

I haven't heard any mention of extending. But I'm wondering if the creation of the new night time show on the water at AK "Rivers of Light" will result in more evening and night time events and things to do. I think they said that show is slated to start in 2016.

I'm so curious to hear about your conversation with the president of Disney :) That would've been SO cool!!!

Thanks so much for the great recap of Harambe Nights! Really enjoyed your pics and videos. Seems like such a fun time!

I'd also like to get your opinion on your CL experiences this time. How were the CM's? Did you feel ok with the changes at YC CL?

We might take a quick trip later this summer, and I want to do CL if we do

I'm so curious to hear about your conversation with the president of Disney :) That would've been SO cool!!!

I wish I could have secretly recorded it! Or had the nerve to ask him for a selfie! :lmao: I was star struck for sure! :goodvibes

Thanks so much for the great recap of Harambe Nights! Really enjoyed your pics and videos. Seems like such a fun time!

I'd also like to get your opinion on your CL experiences this time. How were the CM's? Did you feel ok with the changes at YC CL?

We might take a quick trip later this summer, and I want to do CL if we do

We've stayed CL at the YC before and it was nice to see familiar faces. :) Shakira in the lounge is always a pleasure to talk to, she takes really good care of our family and always checks to see if we need anything. LOVE HER! :thumbsup2 Betty was working the desk and I almost didn't recognize her because she's gone from red hair to white! It looks really pretty on her. She's so friendly too. :) That's the best part of staying CL, you get to know the people and they feel like extended family welcoming you back home.

The beer and wine cart is sort of odd and it does feel a bit awkward, but we were so busy most days we didn't spend a ton of time in the lounge anyway. I thought the food offerings were good, I never noticed them running out of anything, everything was fresh, and we took advantage of the large Dasani water bottles every day when we returned hot and parched from the day. We loved our room, it is our new favorite! Previously we had been closer to the lounge and overlooking the lake but the SAB view was way more fun and entertaining to watch! We will definitely be requesting this room from now on! :thumbsup2

Choosing a CL can be difficult because there are so many good ones! I would highly recommend YC or the CR as fantastic club level experiences. Poly CL would normally be high on my list too, but I'm not advising anyone to stay there at this time. Not until the construction is over. Since you're going at the end of the summer the YC CL would probably be my first choice because SAB is so nice to have in hot weather. :beach:

Hi Erika,

I appreciate your informative updates. My question relates to the dinner after Harambe Nights and the street party. Is there any seating? Do they leave the tables and chairs at least for the food area? I see one tired man sitting on a stage, leading me to believe the party (at least) is standing-only. Thanks!

Hi Erika,

I appreciate your informative updates. My question relates to the dinner after Harambe Nights and the street party. Is there any seating? Do they leave the tables and chairs at least for the food area? I see one tired man sitting on a stage, leading me to believe the party (at least) is standing-only. Thanks!

Yes :) There are tables and chairs scattered all throughout Africa.

DSCN4648_zps38d5753d.jpg

We found the back corner near the Safari exit to be a nice place :)

Hi Erika,

Also, Tusker House was completely open and available for seating. No problems finding a seat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter