The Most Magical Time of Year in the Most Magical Place on Earth! Nov. 2010 NEW 4/5!

Isn't TSM so much fun? We went on it for the first time in November also, and I have to say, it definitely lives up to the hype, I wasn't really sure it would! I just don't like how you have to get there as soon as the park opens, or you can forget about riding! :confused3 I wish they would figure out a different system for that ride.

Can't wait to see if you tried RnRC! It's awesome! :banana:

I can't wait to get there! Every time I look at pictures I just get more and more excited. :cloud9:

:welcome: Thank you so much for joining in - glad you're enjoying the report! :goodvibes

We love 'Ohana - it's definitely a favorite of ours! We haven't tried the breakfast there yet. I'm thinking of maybe making an ADR there for our departure breakfast on the honeymoon.

I hope you'll check out my disneymoon PTR (the link is in my sig). I'd love to have you join in over there! :goodvibes

yes i will totally check it out!!:cool1::rotfl:

How did your TR get moved to the completed TR section?

That pineapple drink looks soooooooooo goooooood!!!!!!! I will have to put that down to get in the future.

I'm glad you were able to ride TSM & get fastpasses! It is so crazy in the morning at DHS to get to the ride & those coveted fastpasses!

TSMM is really fun-- definitely worth a 35 minute wait, but not worth nearly being trampled at park opening for! People get too crazy! I would never wait in such a long FP line!

Great update! I haven't been on the Dis in weeks so your updates were perfect timing for me!

I'm glad to hear that you Ohana dinner was good. I feel like I have heard bad things about it lately, which worries me, because I really wanted to eat there again on my next trip.

Glad you liked TSMM! It is sooooo much fun. I could ride it all day :)

I wanted to ask -- how was the weather?

AH I am so glad that you loved TSM!!!!!! It's one of my favorite rides and we even have the game for our Wii! LOL The wait line always SEEMS long, but you generally get through it faster than the posted time. We always make sure we ride that ride atleast twice, if not more while we are there.

TSM is so much fun - way better than I expected! The line wasn't bad at all. It moved pretty fast and there was so much to look at it kept us occupied. :thumbsup2

Isn't TSM so much fun? We went on it for the first time in November also, and I have to say, it definitely lives up to the hype, I wasn't really sure it would! I just don't like how you have to get there as soon as the park opens, or you can forget about riding! :confused3 I wish they would figure out a different system for that ride.

Can't wait to see if you tried RnRC! It's awesome! :banana:

It's tons of fun! I can't wait to ride it again!:yay:

yes i will totally check it out!!:cool1::rotfl:

Yay! :goodvibes

How did your TR get moved to the completed TR section?

That pineapple drink looks soooooooooo goooooood!!!!!!! I will have to put that down to get in the future.

I'm glad you were able to ride TSM & get fastpasses! It is so crazy in the morning at DHS to get to the ride & those coveted fastpasses!

I have no idea why my TR got moved. :confused3 It had only been about a week since I last updated, so it's not like it had set forever without activity. I'm glad it's back though!

The Lapu Lapu's are great! It's so much fun to drink out of the big pineapple! :laughing:

TSMM is really fun-- definitely worth a 35 minute wait, but not worth nearly being trampled at park opening for! People get too crazy! I would never wait in such a long FP line!

It's crazy how some people are over TSM! I agree that it's worth a little wait, but it's still not our favorite attraction. I can't believe the amount of time that people are willing to wait. :eek:

Great update! I haven't been on the Dis in weeks so your updates were perfect timing for me!

I'm glad to hear that you Ohana dinner was good. I feel like I have heard bad things about it lately, which worries me, because I really wanted to eat there again on my next trip.

Glad you liked TSMM! It is sooooo much fun. I could ride it all day :)

I wanted to ask -- how was the weather?

Thank you! It's good to see you back! :goodvibes We've had nothing but good experiences with 'OHana. We can't wait to eat there again on the honeymoon. :thumbsup2

The weather was great! It was a little chilly at night (I needed a light jacket) but during the day it was really nice. It wasn't hot at all and there was a nice breeze.

DAY 4 – Pt. 2

As we walked over to get in line for RnRC, I was positive that I would be ridding this time. Nothing would be stopping me!
945ad5bf.jpg

Except for maybe the wait time. It was 40 minutes! Neither of us wanted to wait, so we walked away. We did however, make plans to return for FP’s when our window opened up. My hopes were still alive!

A little unsure about what we should do while we waited for FP’s to become available, we wandered back towards the front of the park.
068dd411.jpg

ee1ed832.jpg

6ed6996b.jpg

cab341b3.jpg

DHS is our least favorite of the parks and we always find it hard to fill our time here. I definitely think this park needs some more attractions that aren’t shows. I had remembered reading about lots of DISers doing the drawing classes here, so I suggested we head over there to kill some time.
e9dd3455.jpg

12c689eb.jpg

78c001ae.jpg

First we watched the little show in the theatre, which was funny and informative, but another thing that once it’s done there’s really no need to do it again. Unfortuatnely, we just missed the drawing class and decided not to wait for the next round.

Miguel said he was hungry at this point, and since most of my breakfast went in the trash, I was a little hungry myself. We decided to check out Starring Rolls since it gets such rave reviews.
29123ae3.jpg

Miguel and I both got the turkey sandwich, and a butterfinger cupcake to share.
bb34ca81.jpg

3aafb53d.jpg

19581de4.jpg

Everythings was very tasty, except for the new Disney potato chips. Those things were kind of tastless and gross. I really wish they hadn't of come up with that idea. :sad2:

By this time, we were able to get our RnRC FP’s. Since we knew that we would be returning to the park later for dinner at Sci-Fi and the Osborne Lights, we decided to head back to POR to relax and hopefully get in some pool time. On the way out of the park, we stopped to watch some of the street performers. They were great! The skit was hilarious and the actors did a great job.
1852d08f.jpg

1f79cb97.jpg

ef6e9088.jpg

Soon enough we made it back to the car and back to POR for a relaxing afternoon.

I completely agree with you- it is hard to fill your time at DHS. Too many shows! That butterfinger cupcake looks amazing!

And this is why DHS is my least favorite park. Too many shows, not enough to do in between the shows. And I always feel like you are zig zagging around to get to the shows on time. At this point, we've seen all the shows so we tend to do the rides and get out of there. Although I have assured Aisling that we will return for Fantasmic this year (she still hasn't seen it)

I agree that DHS needs some more rides/attractions. Some of the shows are great, but it'd be nice to fill the time between them with more rides!

I totally agree with DHS needs some more attractions. It stinks having to fight everyone to just ride TSM.
That butterfinger cupcake looks soooooooo goooooood!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love DHS, but I agree, it needs a few more attractions and less shows! I'm not a big show person, I always plan to see them, then can't bring myself to waste all that time when I'm actually there! :confused3

I hope you used those RnRC FP's sooner or later!

Starring Roles looks yummy, those giant cupcakes look SO amazing! :thumbsup2

Hollywood Studios was my least favorite park, but I'm willing to give it a second chance this time. I haven't seen any shows yet, so at least these will all be new to me. Plus, I really want to try Tower of Terror and I enjoy RnR and TSM. Ron, however, is super excited for this park because the new Star Tours will be opened. ;)

have you been to Hoopdy Doo review at Fort wilderness campground?

We have not - I think we would really like it though. I've heard it's a lot of fun!

I completely agree with you- it is hard to fill your time at DHS. Too many shows! That butterfinger cupcake looks amazing!

Yes, way to many shows! :sad2: The cupcake was so good - it's huge!

And this is why DHS is my least favorite park. Too many shows, not enough to do in between the shows. And I always feel like you are zig zagging around to get to the shows on time. At this point, we've seen all the shows so we tend to do the rides and get out of there. Although I have assured Aisling that we will return for Fantasmic this year (she still hasn't seen it)

I feel like I'm constantly going back and forth there, and standing around just trying to figure out what to do! :sad2:

I agree that DHS needs some more rides/attractions. Some of the shows are great, but it'd be nice to fill the time between them with more rides!

I wish there were more attractions there. I used to love DHS when I was a kid (as MGM). I wish I felt the same now. :sad1:

I totally agree with DHS needs some more attractions. It stinks having to fight everyone to just ride TSM.
That butterfinger cupcake looks soooooooo goooooood!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was! I could definitely go for another one right now! ;)

I love DHS, but I agree, it needs a few more attractions and less shows! I'm not a big show person, I always plan to see them, then can't bring myself to waste all that time when I'm actually there! :confused3

I hope you used those RnRC FP's sooner or later!

Starring Roles looks yummy, those giant cupcakes look SO amazing! :thumbsup2

My RnRC fate should be coming up soon! ;) SR was really good. I think that will definitely be our go-to CS place at DHS now, although it would have been so much better without those gross Disney chips! :headache:

I'm enjoying your trip report. Great pictures. Thanks for posting.

Thank you so much! :goodvibes

Hollywood Studios was my least favorite park, but I'm willing to give it a second chance this time. I haven't seen any shows yet, so at least these will all be new to me. Plus, I really want to try Tower of Terror and I enjoy RnR and TSM. Ron, however, is super excited for this park because the new Star Tours will be opened. ;)

I will say that this trip did help me feel better about DHS (mostly because of the evening we had there - which is coming up next). I've mostly scheduled my DHS days for the disneymoon that way (as nights) because I've found out that's the only time we really enjoy the park as a whole. Of course that kind of prevents us from doing TSM. :sad2:

DAY 4 - Pt. 3

We made it back to POR after our morning at DHS and were excited that the weather was finally warm enough to swim! We had been wanting to check out the pool area the past couple of days but it just wasn’t warm enough.

After resting in our room for a few minutes, we changed into our suits and headed out to ‘Ol Man Island.
46401076.jpg

Along the way, we admired the beauty of POR.
fd00e791.jpg

55da730d.jpg

0ee8a54f.jpg

02141b0b.jpg

32aabf35.jpg

088422cc.jpg

0aa7db7c.jpg

dd6770d6.jpg

It really is a lovely resort! Finally, we made it to the pool area.
f24a2bd8.jpg

ca204744.jpg

Thankfully, it wasn’t too busy so we were able to find a place to sit fairly easily. Even though it was pretty warm outside, the water had not really gotten a chance to heat up – it was really cold! I stayed in the pool for maybe 20 minutes, while Miguel stayed a little longer. We also tried out the hot tub, which was a nice departure from the cold pool!

After about an hour we had our fill and headed back to the room for some more relaxing. Miguel napped and I worked on some things on my laptop until it was time to get ready for the rest of our evening at DHS.

Right on time, we left for the park at 4:45. We were planning on using our RnRC FP’s that we had gotten earlier in the day before our dinner ADR at Sci-Fi at 6:00.
fd9ae9fe.jpg

Just like earlier in the day, my attempts to conquer RnRC were foiled! The FP line was pretty long at this point, but we hopped in anyway. Surely we could make it through the line in the 45 minutes that we had before dinner. After about 5 minutes, though, and announcement came over the speaker that the ride was experiencing technical difficulties and they were not sure when it would be up and running again.

Not wanting to miss our ADR, we got out of line and tucked the FP’s away to use later.

We slowly made our way through the streets of DHS, stopping to watch another one of the street performer’s skits – which was excellent as well! We’ve never stopped for these, but now they are a must do! In a park where we find it hard to spend a lot of time, they help to pass the day by!

We decided to get checked in to Sci-Fi early, hoping maybe be could be seated before our ADR, because we were both really hungry!
95ef55e5.jpg

Unfortuantly, that would not be happening. The waiting area was packed with people and the hosts were letting people know that they were running about 20 minutes behind. So, we plopped ourselves down for a nice little wait.
1e409a28.jpg

With the mixed reviews that this restaurant receives, would the extra wait for Sci-Fi be worth it?

Love your photos of POR!

I've never visited that resort but it looks amazing! :goodvibes

I've never been to Sci Fi.. looking forward to reading what you guys thought :)

Emma princess: x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter