The Most Magical Time of Year in the Most Magical Place on Earth! Nov. 2010 NEW 4/5!

I have to agree with you, when I ate at the Sci-Fi my last trip, it was one of the best cheeseburgers I've ever had.

They sat us in almost the same car you were in, and I couldn't agree that it was a little weird being so close to all of the hustle and bustle coming in and out.

I have been craving one of those cheeseburgers since November! I can't wait to eat there again. Being so close to the entrance was a little distracting, but it was fun watching everyone ooohhh and ahhhh over the place. :thumbsup2

yah do u have a fav dinning experience?

Oh gosh, it would be so hard to pick a favorite! 'OHana is always a favorite of ours. We love Cape May Cafe, too!

I'm so glad you guys had a great dinner/night! I feel like some people who fault Disney food a lot are expecting too much.

I agree that people expect too much. I feel like for the most part, food at Disney is of good quality. I think people need to remember that it is a theme park that has to serve thousands of guests, you know? :confused3

DHS is one of my favorite parks!!! I love the shops and the shows and being there during the day and at night are two different experiences :) It is great!!!

Glad to hear you made it onto RnRC!!! It is a fun coaster, but not one of my favorites.

I have been wondering if SciFi would be yummy and fun place to dine, and I now know that it is!!!! That burger looked so delicious!!!!!

I like DHS so much more now than I used to. It is so much fun at night, which kind of surprised me! I'm glad that I finally faced my fears and tried RnRC. I bet your DS would love Sci-Fi! It is so much fun. The atmosphere is actually neater than I expected. And the food is great! :thumbsup2

What a great update! You can tell that you had such an amazing time!!

I also completely agree with you in regards to DHS at night. Day time = no thank you. Nighttime = awesome. The lights and atmosphere just make it feel like a completely different park!

Thank you! :goodvibes It was a really fun night. And yes, DHS at night is so much fun! During the day I just can't get into it. :confused3

I'm so glad you two had a great time at Sci-Fi... I'm obsessed with the place! :rotfl: The atmosphere is just incredible. Happy to hear you had such a great night at DHS and I can't believe you finally went on RnRc!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!! :thumbsup2

I'm a little obsessed, too! And so is Miguel and he normally doesn't get super excited about any restaurant but he's been begging to go back to Sci-Fi! :lmao:

Glad you guys loved Sci Fi! I liked it too, but not quite as much as you guys! You didn't try the milkshakes? They're were SO good! :cool1: I love the pictures you guys got there, I wish we thought to do that!

Aren't the Osborne lights amazing? I really want to see them again this year! The PP lines are crazy over there!

Yay you finally went on RnRC! I hope you try it again, maybe you will like it a little better! It's one of my favorites! Now, when you hear an Aerosmith song on the radio, are you reminded of Disney? I love that! :laughing:

Can't believe we're both coming up on the last day of our trips! :(

I can't believe we didn't try a milkshake! We were so full from all of the food, though. I am going to try to remember to get one while we're there on the Disneymoon. I've heard the oreo one is really good. :thumbsup2

I do think of Disney every time I hear Aerosmith! :lmao:

I am LOLing about your RnRC picture!!!! :lmao: Miguel looks as though he is getting a little too much enjoyment out of your misery. :rotfl: Although, my DH would be the exact same way! :laughing: Oh man! Poor Courtney!

I was miserable! I hated every second of it. And yes, Miguel was enjoying it way to much! :laughing:

Sci-Fi was great wasn't it? We thought it was too awesome!
I would love to go to DHS during Christmas time & see all of those lights. Too bad you didn't get a picture for your Christmas card.
Your RNRC picture was hilarious, you look scared to death!

Sci-Fi is definitely on our list of favorites, now! I can't wait to go back.

I was so scared on RnRC! I should have bought that picture because it is so funny! :lmao:

Yay! I'm so glad you enjoyed Sci Fi! That is definitely one of our favorites! We usually eat there every trip!

*Sigh* I just love DHS, especially at night! :lovestruc It's so magical!

I'm proud of you for not chickening out on RnRC! That is my favorite ride on earth! I love the beginning when it takes off like a bullet, and I loooove Steven Tyler! :rotfl:

Great hat pics! :thumbsup2

Oh no! I'm not looking forward to reading about the disappointment! :sad1:

DAY 5 – Pt. 1

Sadly, today we woke up knowing it was our last full day at Disney, since the following day we would be heading home early in the morning. We did have an exciting day planned, though! First we were headed to AKL for breakfast, and then it would be on to the Animal Kingdom!

It was fun returning to AKL since we stayed here on our January 2010 engagement trip. For me, I really appreciated this hotel more after we left than I did when we stayed there. It really is a beautiful place!
ea996910.jpg

81841b97.jpg

07ac173d.jpg

d0639829.jpg

We again took advantage of the free valet parking with our TiW card, and then we made our way into the lodge.
6d2dccdd.jpg

Since we had called this home before, we knew exactly how to get to our destination: Boma!
bdc52f6a.jpg

640364ef.jpg

c9a97275.jpg

I was so excited to try Boma since everyone here raves about it. I was looking forward to this meal the entire trip! Sadly, we got off to a bit of a bad start with our waitress. She just wasn’t very friendly at all. The juice she brought us was great though!

This is definitely a huge buffet! Here is my plate:
9e883311.jpg

And Miguel’s:
3aa58b23.jpg

fe4d988c.jpg

Miguel seemed pretty pleased with his food, but unfortunately, I really disliked mine. And I do mean really – I was almost at the point of being discusted. The goat cheese eggs that everyone raved about were gross (I do like goat cheese, so that isn’t why) and the African biscuit and gravy thing was enough to make me completely lose my appitite. When we left I had a sort of sick feeling to my stomach. As much as everyone loves this place, I guess it just isn’t for me. Maybe if Miguel really loved it I would come back for him but while he liked his food more than me, it still wasn’t a favorite for him.

So sadly, our time at Boma didn’t exactly turn out as planned, but I quickly got in a better mood since we were on our way to Animal Kingdom!
d524315a.jpg

2e89d4ed.jpg

We just love this park. Expedition Everest is our favorite thrill ride in all of Disney World, and we like to ride it as many times as we can. Of course, that is the first place we went!
91918a0b.jpg

9d2b1a12.jpg

5952f1e6.jpg

eaf58886.jpg

After a couple rides and some FP’s for later, we decided to take a few pictures.
0f3e42ba.jpg

dd7afa92.jpg

f343a389.jpg

Animal Kingdom is so picturesque! I just love taking pictures of this park.
a5723123.jpg

d53ff06e.jpg

ef23c77e.jpg

Up Next: More AK fun and a new experience!

Yay! I'm so glad you enjoyed Sci Fi! That is definitely one of our favorites! We usually eat there every trip!

*Sigh* I just love DHS, especially at night! :lovestruc It's so magical!

I'm proud of you for not chickening out on RnRC! That is my favorite ride on earth! I love the beginning when it takes off like a bullet, and I loooove Steven Tyler! :rotfl:

Great hat pics! :thumbsup2

Oh no! I'm not looking forward to reading about the disappointment! :sad1:

I think Sci-Fi is going to be a regular for us to. :thumbsup2 I can't wait to go back!

Ugh, the "take off" is what I hated the most! :lmao: I knew it was coming but I had no idea it would feel like it did! It took my breath away! And not in a good way! :scared1:

I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your breakfast at Boma. Glad that you liked the juice though, it is really good there.

I also love taking pictures at the Animal Kingdom. It is such a great place to take pictures.

That stinks that you didn't enjoy Boma, especially since you were looking so forward to it :(

I agree about Animal Kingdom. It is just so pretty!

I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your breakfast at Boma. Glad that you liked the juice though, it is really good there.

I also love taking pictures at the Animal Kingdom. It is such a great place to take pictures.

I was so hoping to enjoy Boma. Oh well - you can't like them all I guess! :confused3

AK has so many great photo spots! :thumbsup2

That stinks that you didn't enjoy Boma, especially since you were looking so forward to it :(

I agree about Animal Kingdom. It is just so pretty!

I know. I was so sad that I didn't like Boma. :sad1: I think from now on I'll stick to the Tusker House breakfast on my AK days. That is always really good!

Ahhh, that sucks that you didn't enjoy Boma. I hpe I have a better experience than you had when I try it next summer!

I do agree that Animal Kingdom is a beautiful park.
I'm glad you got the courage to try RnR coaster. I actually like it better than Expedition Everest, as EE makes me feel queasy (the backward part in the dark). My fiance is like you guys though, wanting to do it over and over!

Great AK pictures!
Sorry that your Boma breakfast was not good.
The food may have not taste good, but in your pictures, it sure does look good! I'm hungry now after looking at those pics! :goodvibes

I'm sad that you didn't enjoy your meal at Boma! We love it there! Though, we always go for dinner, so there is different food. Maybe next time you can try dinner there instead of breakfast? Different selection of foods and it has always been great food for us!

Animal Kingdom is an awesome place to take pictures. Truly IS picturesque :)

Aww, sorry Boma wasn't great for you guys! It always sounded a little "odd" for us. DBF especially is NOT adventurous with food. We'll stick with Kona for breakfast!!

I'm sorry you guys didn't like Boma, we loved it! Brandon still talks about those goat cheese scrambled eggs, he always thinks about making some!

AK is a really pretty park, especially the Asia part! I love EE, I could ride that for hours! :)

I have been craving one of those cheeseburgers since November! I can't wait to eat there again. Being so close to the entrance was a little distracting, but it was fun watching everyone ooohhh and ahhhh over the place. :thumbsup2

Oh gosh, it would be so hard to pick a favorite! 'OHana is always a favorite of ours. We love Cape May Cafe, too!

I agree that people expect too much. I feel like for the most part, food at Disney is of good quality. I think people need to remember that it is a theme park that has to serve thousands of guests, you know? :confused3

oh, i love the prime time cafe and the fantasmic buffet plus with Boma, i prefer the dinner much better than the breakfast.

Food wasn't good at Boma :scared1: That is so sad :sad2: That being said, I've never had breakfast there but I'm so bummed for you that it was bad enough to make you sick :sad2:

For the record, Jen (Jennifer48) and I went to dinner last week and discussed your clothing. We both decided that we were super envious of your ability to pull off cute clothes and still be comfy on vaca (both of us are Disney Tshirt gals through and through I guess) :thumbsup:worship::thumbsup2

Great AK pictures!
Sorry that your Boma breakfast was not good.
The food may have not taste good, but in your pictures, it sure does look good! I'm hungry now after looking at those pics! :goodvibes

Thank you! :goodvibes Yeah, I'm sad Boma was disappointing. Looks can be deceiving! :lmao:

Ahhh, that sucks that you didn't enjoy Boma. I hpe I have a better experience than you had when I try it next summer!

I do agree that Animal Kingdom is a beautiful park.
I'm glad you got the courage to try RnR coaster. I actually like it better than Expedition Everest, as EE makes me feel queasy (the backward part in the dark). My fiance is like you guys though, wanting to do it over and over!

I think Boma is all about your personal preference. I'm not really a picky eater, but I've never been fond of Middle Eastern or African cuisine, so that probably explains why Boma didn't sit well with me. It's the spices I'm not crazy about.

I'm sad that you didn't enjoy your meal at Boma! We love it there! Though, we always go for dinner, so there is different food. Maybe next time you can try dinner there instead of breakfast? Different selection of foods and it has always been great food for us!

Animal Kingdom is an awesome place to take pictures. Truly IS picturesque :)

I was really expecting to love it - so many people do! :sad2: I think it just wasn't my type of food. I would be open to trying dinner sometime maybe in a few trips. I try not to count any restaurant out unless it's just always bad.

Aww, sorry Boma wasn't great for you guys! It always sounded a little "odd" for us. DBF especially is NOT adventurous with food. We'll stick with Kona for breakfast!!

Odd is a good way to describe it! Those spices just aren't for me. I think Kona would be more my speed. :thumbsup2

I'm sorry you guys didn't like Boma, we loved it! Brandon still talks about those goat cheese scrambled eggs, he always thinks about making some!

AK is a really pretty park, especially the Asia part! I love EE, I could ride that for hours! :)

Thinking of those eggs makes me so queasy! Haha! Although the fact that I don't like eggs might have something to do with that...:sick:

oh, i love the prime time cafe and the fantasmic buffet plus with Boma, i prefer the dinner much better than the breakfast.

I would like to try Prime Time, but I'm a little worried I'd be embarrassed! The food sounds really good but I don't think I would like my waiter scolding me. :laughing: I'm really shy and sensitive!

Food wasn't good at Boma :scared1: That is so sad :sad2: That being said, I've never had breakfast there but I'm so bummed for you that it was bad enough to make you sick :sad2:

For the record, Jen (Jennifer48) and I went to dinner last week and discussed your clothing. We both decided that we were super envious of your ability to pull off cute clothes and still be comfy on vaca (both of us are Disney Tshirt gals through and through I guess) :thumbsup:worship::thumbsup2

I feel so special! :goodvibes I am so excited to post my outfits for this trip! I have already started shopping for them and I think I'm about 3/4's of the way there. I'm going to wait until I have them all to show them. There's going to be tons of outfits for this trip! :laughing:

Just read through your entire TR (and PTR) in one sitting! You're a great storyteller! I especially love all of the hat pictures! :thumbsup2 Looking forward to more!

I would like to try Prime Time, but I'm a little worried I'd be embarrassed! The food sounds really good but I don't think I would like my waiter scolding me. :laughing: I'm really shy and sensitive!

well then i would be careful but it isn't that bad it is just fun to be there. plus you can have a milkshake your normal drink instead of just dessert. they are huge too. but i do see why you are kind of avioding it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter