The Most Expensive Free Trip Ever - TR Link is Up! Pg. 164

Can I get one of those in August???

Most definitely! But Nuremberg has its own very special variety, they don't use coarse salt, but "powder salt". And they are softer and less crunchier than in the rest of Bavaria. But then they have lots of little stands all over the city selling prezels which other cities don't have. These stand even sell the buttered ones... :cloud9:

Most definitely! But Nuremberg has its own very special variety, they don't use coarse salt, but "powder salt". And they are softer and less crunchier than in the rest of Bavaria. But then they have lots of little stands all over the city selling prezels which other cities don't have. These stand even sell the buttered ones... :cloud9:

Softer is most definitely better. And I think the powder salt actually sounds better too. I think I"m going to like these!! :thumbsup2

I know.... I"m completely late for the party! YOu guys have been busy!!! Phew!

We have a saying in our home, that I'll unashamedly take credit for coining:

Bread is merely a vehicle for what is put upon it.

Plain bread: Ew! it needs meat, jam, cheese, or other ANYTHING to make it worth the effort of chewing. And that's how I really feel.

I have no idea why I went with Lemonade as top pick. WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?

:lmao: Because I dont' remember that story at all. :rotfl2:

nah, nah, nah, nah, nuh!!! I get real sausages in Germany... :rolleyes1 Glennbo, I'll have a streudel just for you. :thumbsup2:rotfl2:

I think you've told me that family saying before. I'd agree, but I was also known to just grab a slice of bread and eat it plain, on occasion.

You're mean, with that streudel taunt. :laughing:

There is a German saying (or is it common just in our family? Flossbolna help me out): In der allergroessten Not, schmeckt die Wurst auch ohne Brot. In English: In the biggest distress, sausage tastes even without bread.

Of course it rhymes in German...

But no further comment from me, being German and furthermore from Bavaria I have a very strict opinion of what you are allowed to eat with a pretzel and different kinds of sausages ;)

nodnol (Katharina) :welcome:

I believe this is your first post here? Welcome to the party!

I recognize the words "wurst" and "brot", but that's about it. Help me with the meaning. Is it like, if you have to, you'll eat sausage without bread?

Yes, I was rather impressed with the pictures of the selection of sausages I have seen of Biergarten. One day I will have to make it there...

It's probably tough going there when you are thinking that you could get this type of food and atmosphere anytime back home.

They are made from veal, therefore the whit colour. They have a rather mild taste and are a bit softer than the normal sausage. I would love to have some right now - it would be the perfect time for them since they really are a morning food! we have something we call "second breakfast" here in Germany and that's when you would eat white sausages. They are supposed to be eaten before you hear the bells chime noon. In the days of refridgeration this rule can be bend however...

Interesting. Our breakfast sausages are completely different.

I had no idea wether this is a common saying, but google knows it, so I guess it must be common.

Google knows!

But on the note of prezel purism, anyone in Bavaria will tell you that the corrct term is Breze not Brezel in German. (the German z is pronounced like the tz in pretzel)....

I wonder where along the line it changed?

Ah crap. I leave the Internet for a few days and I miss EVERYTHING. Crap crap crap.

Congratulations, Tribilín! I would have given ANYTHING to get a shout-out in Glenn's PTR. :sad1:

We did miss you Hucifer.

Can I get one of those in August???

No. Absolutely not. Brot and water (however you say water in German).

Mmmmm. Different kinds of pretzels (breze) to try throughout Bavaria.

Softer is most definitely better. And I think the powder salt actually sounds better too. I think I"m going to like these!! :thumbsup2

Oh that sounds GOOD!

You're mean, with that streudel taunt. :laughing:

That was mean of her. I think she needs to ship some to you as penalty.

and me too...just because!

Though I did manage to master the apple tart a couple of weeks ago and make a mean apple pie, it's just not the same as streudel (which looks like a LOT more work).

OK, I admit, that wasn't nice. In fact, I think he's mad at me anyway. :confused3 But, what if I ate one, and promised to take lots of struedelly yummy pictures to post?? :flower3::flower3::flower3:

Or better yet, if he makes it to the DC Meet, dessert's on me. :flower3:

I just wanted to mention that it is Strudel - no Es involved anywhere in the word!! :goodvibes Will research a good strudel recipe tonight, it is not at all difficult to make!

I just wanted to mention that it is Strudel - no Es involved anywhere in the word!! :goodvibes Will research a good strudel recipe tonight, it is not at all difficult to make!

Thanks for making sure we stay true to the correct spelling! Why does it look more right WITH the e, though?? :confused3 Hmmmm.....

I'm going to book our tickets right now! :banana: I better bone up on the 3 words I know. THanks to Glennbo and you, we now know what fahrte (sp?) means!! :thumbsup2:rotfl2:

EDITED: I think I got it... I just googled and came up with the possibility that I/we are thinking of struesel. Is that possible??

OK, I admit, that wasn't nice. In fact, I think he's mad at me anyway. :confused3 But, what if I ate one, and promised to take lots of struedelly yummy pictures to post?? :flower3::flower3::flower3:

I think you owe him dessert for that.

:rotfl:

Oh oh that would be fantabulous! Not a real word either but I rather like it and as a result, use it liberally.

I'd make it this weekend! I was pleasantly surprised at how easy the apple tart was, perhaps I've been intimidated by things I need not be? My pie is a bazillion times more work.

Anything with apple and pastry....:cloud9:

Followed by anything with northwest berries and pastry....:love:

Thanks for making sure we stay true to the correct spelling! Why does it look more right WITH the e, though?? :confused3 Hmmmm.....

I'm going to book our tickets right now! :banana: I better bone up on the 3 words I know. THanks to Glennbo and you, we now know what fahrte (sp?) means!! :thumbsup2:rotfl2:

EDITED: I think I got it... I just googled and came up with the possibility that I/we are thinking of struesel. Is that possible??

That would be Streusel! :lmao:

I think you like the "e" in there because the "u" is ronounced like an English "oo". And a plain "u" in an English word isn't pronounced this way. So you want to add something to it.

Same thing happens all the time with "Siemens", the sponsor of Spaceship Earth. I would be a rich person if I had a cent for every time this is spelled "Seimens" on the boards. :rolleyes1 Because that spelling would be pronounced like we pronounce "Siemens".

I think you like the "e" in there because the "u" is ronounced like an English "oo". And a plain "u" in an English word isn't pronounced this way. So you want to add something to it.

that's a topping right? streusel?

A game and Food! I missed it all, I guess that is what I get for putting my life before the DIS! Sheesh! :laughing:

Now if I typeed that I'd get BLEEPED !!!! There is no justice and NO TAG !!!!:lmao::lmao:

Maybe it's the context? The boards know that anyone called Englishrose must talk like a sailor? :rotfl2:

Oh that sounds GOOD!

I like the way you think.

Now don't get carried away.

Though I did manage to master the apple tart a couple of weeks ago and make a mean apple pie, it's just not the same as streudel (which looks like a LOT more work).

Mmmm.

Oh yeah, I'm mad. :mad: :rotfl2: I forgot.

Looking forward to the recipe. Thanks for the spelling. Wee du tri too spel korectly ovr her.

You're trying too hard.

New readers better go back and look at the European TR (in the table of contents) to understand this reference! This post to be exact. And Liesa, again no "e" is necessary on the end of that word. You're getting mighty liberal with those "e"'s.

Possible? I think it's probable.

I think you owe him dessert for that.

:rotfl:

I agree.

Oh oh that would be fantabulous! Not a real word either but I rather like it and as a result, use it liberally.

I'd make it this weekend! I was pleasantly surprised at how easy the apple tart was, perhaps I've been intimidated by things I need not be? My pie is a bazillion times more work.

Anything with apple and pastry....:cloud9:

Followed by anything with northwest berries and pastry....:love:

Dang. Too bad you're not the one who owes me a dessert.

Uh huh....just what I was thinkin'. :rolleyes:

Same thing happens all the time with "Siemens", the sponsor of Spaceship Earth. I would be a rich person if I had a cent for every time this is spelled "Seimens" on the boards. :rolleyes1 Because that spelling would be pronounced like we pronounce "Siemens".

I'd spell that right. But it is a harder name to spell than another German company: SAP.

that's a topping right? streusel?

I think so. I only know it because there used to be some kind of Pop-Tart knock-off called Streusel Swirl or something. Get real people. Nothing can compare to Pop-Tarts! Or Ho-ho's. <sweeping music> These are a few of my favorite things.....

Answers verrrrry similar to yours came up a lot! Either you were right on the pulse of everybody else's thinking or your confidence was very convincing.

Ataboy Faunt!
Im going with since i was first everyone copied.
:goodvibes

and thanks for my ataboy

I cant wait to try beirgarten again, i will tell you all about the buffet when i meet you fro drinks at POR.

Well, I missed the game entirely, but enjoyed the banter anyway! All your snack favorites sound mighty tasty.

I think so. I only know it because there used to be some kind of Pop-Tart knock-off called Streusel Swirl or something. Get real people. Nothing can compare to Pop-Tarts! Or Ho-ho's. <sweeping music> These are a few of my favorite things.....

Pop Tarts rock. Cinnamon ones at any rate.

Ding Dong's beat Ho-Ho's any day. Though a blackberry fruit pie is right up there!

My daily diet as a teenager. Bagel with 2 cream cheeses, milk. Cheeseburger and fries. Blackberry fruit pie and mountain dew. Whatever my folks made for dinner followed by 3 PB&J sandwiches before bed.

My dad thought I had tapeworms.

And just so you can be REALLY jealous...I've toured the hostess factory to see how they make everything because you know....my grandpa was a Twinkie (he made them) and his best friend George...was a Ding Dong.

Jeesh I'm on a junk food tangent here between Jack in the Box with Jordan and Hostess over here.

For the record I just ate a Garden Burger and some lemon yogurt so I'm really all talk. Most of the time.

Check in often!

You are not kidding... I visited the PTR yesterday in the afternoon and by today in the morning the thread was like 2 pages longer... WOW! :eek:

Ding Dong's beat Ho-Ho's any day. Though a blackberry fruit pie is right up there!

My daily diet as a teenager. Bagel with 2 cream cheeses, milk. Cheeseburger and fries. Blackberry fruit pie and mountain dew. Whatever my folks made for dinner followed by 3 PB&J sandwiches before bed.

And just so you can be REALLY jealous...I've toured the hostess factory to see how they make everything because you know....my grandpa was a Twinkie (he made them) and his best friend George...was a Ding Dong.

After eating a scrumptious lunch of salad, tuna and rice your post almost made me drown in my on drool :rotfl: Good thing I've already eaten! LOL!

So is this going to be on the next quiz?:lmao:

Im going with since i was first everyone copied.
:goodvibes

I thought you might.

and thanks for my ataboy

No problem.

I cant wait to try beirgarten again, i will tell you all about the buffet when i meet you fro drinks at POR.

We ate there at lunchtime last year. I think the dinner menu is basically the same, except for an improved (for Disney) price. ;)

Still, I look forward to hearing what you had.

Well, I missed the game entirely, but enjoyed the banter anyway! All your snack favorites sound mighty tasty.

It was a pretty quick game....just something to steer conversation in a wholesome direction.

Completely agree! :thumbsup2

Are Ding Dong's like a Twinkie, but chocolate? I think the filling-to-cake-to chocolate icing ratio in a Ho-Ho is perfect.

Sounds like me. My lunch in high school was 2 1/2 PB&J sandwiches, carrot sticks, potato chips, a piece of cake, a banana, and probably anything else that was available. I carried it in a brown paper bag and food would be sticking out of the top -- it couldn't be folded shut like you normally would do.

Jeesh I'm on a junk food tangent here between Jack in the Box with Jordan and Hostess over here.

For the record I just ate a Garden Burger and some lemon yogurt so I'm really all talk. Most of the time.

Okay, I am jealous! Where is the Hostess factory?

Tribilín;35855997 said:
You are not kidding... I visited the PTR yesterday in the afternoon and by today in the morning the thread was like 2 pages longer... WOW! :eek:

Hey, we can get a little chatty.

Tribilín;35855997 said:
After eating a scrumptious lunch of salad, tuna and rice your post almost made me drown in my on drool :rotfl: Good thing I've already eaten! LOL!

Now there's a picture.
droolingsmiley.gif

So is this going to be on the next quiz?:lmao:

I don't know, but I'm glad to see you're taking notes! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter