The Moist Exhausting Free Trip Ever - Link to Part II Thread pg. 244

A seriously, moist awesome update!! DIsney never misses a beat in theming or visual puns. I took a lot of phots of both this trip.

This H2O Park looks a lot like Wadi World in Dubai that we went to last year. VERY FUN stuff- but will have to say, the wienie in me keeps going back to the Lazy River stuff. No wedgies there, My Friend. ;)

Great update Glenn! We've never been to TL or BB. We even had water park tickets but didn't use them. What a waste of money! Next time we go we are definately going to do both.

When I was there in 96 I did do River Country but didn't think it was that great. That day for lunch we went to the Trail's End buffet and it was great! :thumbsup2

What a great day you all had!!

I can just imagine you waiting in anticipation to see some beautiful fish and then getting in there and high-tailing it to the other side with no regard to the scenery because you were so cold! too funny! :lmao:

You are a brave soul to have left your wallet and camera back at the chairs!! :scared1:

I love the photo of you and the girls coming down the slide.

I've been to BB with my son and we had a great day as well. Next time we'll have to try out TL.

Loved the latest update. We haven't hit a waterpark in while and I might have to try and sneak a trip in on one of the next few visits. I really liked shark reef last time I did it. Sorry you did not have a better experience. Loved the family picture with the wave.

Sounds like a fun day!

Actually, to be honest, it really doesn't, because I'm weird and don't like waterparks at all. But I'm glad you and your fam had fun. And that shot of you all in the wave pool is priceless!

This H2O Park looks a lot like Wadi World in Dubai that we went to last year. VERY FUN stuff- but will have to say, the wienie in me keeps going back to the Lazy River stuff. No wedgies there, My Friend. ;)

Wild Wadi - They belong to the World Waterpark Association. Those guys come out to the conference every year. Very cool.

Bummer about losing the key and photopass card. We lost ours last year but we were able to give them a date and time of photo and they found all our pics and linked them to the new card. I will take pic of card when we go in November. Why not, I take pic at parking garage at airport to know where we parked.

We (at least DH & I) haven't been to Typhoon Lagoon for several year. We liked it when the boys were little, but when they got a little older we preferred Blizzard Beach because they liked the Jr Training area with the floating iceburgs and stuff. Now they go without us. I think they may have gone to each one once on our last trip Either that or they did Blizzard Beach this year and Typhoon last year. :confused3 We've been buying a Premium Annual Pass thinking we would use it at the water parks but we never do..... this year I'm not getting Premiums. :thumbsup2

I agree with Marv 3 Judy's !!!!!!

Good eyes Rosie!

That is easy !!!!Winkers created that monster in me !!!:lmao:

I know, I remember. I think you posted a few cat pictures and announced that she'd created a monster.

Hi Blue !!Missed you around here !!I am going in 24 days on my FREE trip !!Check out my ptr and ignore any sly comments from Marv and Glen:rotfl2:

Hey, that doesn't leave much from us for her to read.

No guessing, that one Judy (bathing suit) parts picture jumped out at me. Just got done reading the in between stuff. The water parks is something we haven't taken the time to do yet, either. Looks like a lot of fun, though! Maybe our trip next June (doubt it will have much appeal in December). :)

I thought the bathing suit behind the food might get past some people. Good job.

Couple of picture comments. First, the one picture at the bottom of the slide with you, Lauren and Marlene. Lauren has her hand up in the air, but I'm not sure I want to know what she was about to do...... ;)

No, all of her fingers are extended, not just one.

Second, Judy in that wave pool photopass pic.......I'm sure she is reacting to the force of the wave hitting you, but it looks like she could just as easily be saying what you did at the shark reef......this water is cold, cold, cold.... :rotfl2:

Yeah, she does look like that, but it wasn't cold. Just rather forceful.

Oh, and after your Humonga Wedgiebonga ride, I'm not sure I would have selected the Banana Blaster or Coconut Crusher slides (or whatever the names were). I'm just sayin' :rolleyes1

I had recuperated by that point.

Sly comments? I'm not sure Glenn nor I have ever been THAT subtle..... :lmao:

No, not what we're known for, I suppose.

I was wrong, it was Typhoon Lagoon not Blizzard Beach.

Yep! ;) That's okay.

Beautiful setting. We did Blizzard Beach in 2007 but never made it to Typhoon Lagoon. After this report I think I'll skip the wedgie slide. Love the picture of the family at the wave pool. We couldn't stay the whole day either, you did better than us. We were back at our resort for lunch. It was pretty crowded for us too.

I would have been a lot better off if I had followed the directions on the big slide.

Thanks, we liked the picture a lot.

During the summer, with the way that afternoon storms roll through, I think it's hard to get a whole day in at the waterparks.

Looks like you had a great time in typhoon lagoon!

We did have a good time. I think we got just about all we could out of the time we spent.

The water sure is cold in shark reef!!! I did it for the first time back in 2008. Bubba got right in that freezing cold water but my older step sister and I took a little longer. At first I was going to go in with no life jacket but then got scared. I'm not the strongest swimmer and the rule is that you can't stop or hold on to the sides once you're in there. So I went back, got a life jacket, and went through the whole training process again. By this point Bubba was on her second turn. Finally after taking 5 min to get used to the freezing cold water I was in! It's a really neat experience to see all those fish and sharks swimming so close. My step sister didn't like it though. You could hear her screaming through that snorkel miles away!!!

That's a good story. I'm glad to know that someone else can relate to that cold water. I've snorkeled in the Florida Keys before and it was cold for that experience too.

Is Marlene wearing those now ever so popular "silly bands"? Bubba and I were wearing them when we came to the meet. I'm glad to see that my sister isn't crazy and other people do actually wear them!

Yep, silly bandz with a "z". All the kids wear them.

Not sure if that proves that Bubba isn't crazy. Better keep looking for proof. ;)

Well, I was going to say similar the FQ is to CSR lobby.;) I stayed at CSR first. CSR is just on a much larger scale.

I think all the Mods must follow a similar formula.

I saw the commercial the other day and thought of your trip report. :confused3

:)

Good to hear no major weather incidents.

Yep, we're in good shape weather-wise.

Aunt Flo came to mind. :confused3:rotfl2:

I guess because of my gender, that did not come to my mind.

Yes the busses to DTD in general are far and few between. From CSR BB is just across the street.

Except on the days you're not going to TL, when you see bunches of them.

:scared1: Must of been a newbie on sanitizing duty. Well at least you knew they were sanitized, right? Imagine being a germ. :faint:

Good point! The germs didn't stand a chance.

There is a Seinfeld joke in there guys. Come on Marv, your are slacking.:lmao:

I thought of that, but I figured I'd let you guys have it...I wasn't going to volunteer that!

I had to do it holding on to my DS who was maybe 7 or maybe he was 4 I cannot remember. He was not a very good swimmer at that point but not so big. Since I have the Aquatic background- which of course none of the lifeguards knew about, I held him all the way across. Talk about some nervous looking Lifeguards. We made it that time but I do not think i have ever done it again... for the same reason. I hate cold water. :snooty:

The lifeguards do keep a very close watch on the people.

Wow, a poolrat who doesn't like cold water...I feel a lot better about it now!

My DS went there in Sept and somehow the next day he was sore from something he did in the wave pool. :rolleyes: I guess the waves knocked him around pretty good.

They really pummel you. I just remembered that I think James got scraped up a little after a wipe-out due to a lost battle with a wave.

Glad to hear although you lost everyting, all was not lost.;)

Thanks. It's good to have backup systems. :thumbsup2

Improper technique can be rather cleansing if you know what I mean.:rolleyes1 Just be glad that didn't happen.

Ooooweee! Yikes. Yes, I'm thankful for that.

It is part of Disney's healthy initiative. And it provides free labor. ;) It is one of things I do not like about the waterparks.

You'd think they'd really want to distinguish themselves from the other parks. I don't get it.

Can you imagine sitting around the table thinking up names? Oh those imagineers.:upsidedow

I'd like to imagine it! ::yes:: Who doesn't want to be an Imagineer?

Again would you love to know how they stumbled onto that?

Yes!

Timed perfectly I might add.

Yeah, the photopass guy must get to practice his timing a few hundred times a day.

Great pics of Typhoon Lagoon! We really enjoyed that park but ended up leaving earlier than we wanted due to lightning too! That's the south in the summertime for ya!

Thank you. Yep, I think that's the status quo for Florida summers.

DS did many slides which shocked us!! He finished his swimming lessons right before our trip so his confidence level was still pretty high.

That's awesome! It's a lot more enjoyable when everybody's sliding.

For 1 person slides we had a system....me then DS then DH. That way one was in the pool waiting when DS got to the bottom and one was coming behind him in case he got stuck. :lmao:

Sounds like a good system. And I imagine that the one bringing up the rear makes sure he doesn't bail and start coming down the steps.

I'm still sort of bummed that I didn't swim out to the deep and do the body surfing. Just when I was about to, someone got hurt and they closed the pool down for about 45 minutes. BUMMER! I don't think we ever went back in the wave pool after that. Just tried to take in the slides. Oh and we also waited to long to do the shark reef. As we were waiting in line it started lightining and they closed the park down. :(

Whoa, bummer on 2 fronts.

We also did the chair & umbrella rental. I think it was $40-$50 and you got an umbrella, 2 layout chairs & a regular chair w/ a small table. They had these in a private section sort of off to the side so you weren't really near the pool or anything but it was worth it!! Didn't have to worry about anyone moving our belongings and taking our chairs. We will do this again next time! :thumbsup2

That sounds great. I definitely have to remember that for next time. :thumbsup2

Your update reminded me of our first trip. We got the waterparks added to our tickets so one day became BB day. DD #2 decided she wanted to go down Summit Plummit. :scared1: I waited for her at the bottom, saw her come streaking down and waited for her to cloimb out of the slide.... and waited and waited and waited. She finally came clambering out and I asked her what took so long? Did she get hurt was she ok? :confused3 She said no she didn't get hurt but she got a wedgie of all wedgies and was not getting out of the slide until it was freed! :lmao:

That's funny! Wow, I can't believe she was able to stay in the tube. In my case, I had no choice....I was out before I even knew I was out.

HOW do I keep missing your updates! :headache: I see Marv already won this time....

Okay, gotta go back and read. :laughing: Looks like a VERY fun one with an awesome PP picture!

Looks like you guys had an awesome time! Do you plan to go back to the water parks again on another trip? I've heard they are incredible, my aunt is a HUGE fan of TL - she begs us to go on every trip. :laughing: We haven't yet, but will - Joe loves that kind of stuff, I'm a scaredy cat on water slides, but I'll suck it up when Henry gets old enough to enjoy them all.

That is an EXCELLENT Photopass shot!!!! You can almost hear the screams!!

Cold. Face burning and no fish. That does not make me want to try it!

Maybe if you've never snorkeled before, but I don't plan to do it again.

that's hysterical! Though probably not at that exact moment

Not my finest moment.

Bummer on the empty pocket. I admit, I have one of those pockets and still made Jeff put the locker key in his as it's a better closure than mine.

I had always put my room key in it when we swam at the pools, and never had a problem with it. I guess I overestimated the power of velcro.

I can relate, we had a similar situation and I couldn't relax until I finally went and got a locker.

It's a shame we can't trust people.

I agree! I also think they area bit short

Yeah, you're probably right.

I totally agree, on both points. It took us FOREVER to actually find it!

I knew about where it was, from looking at the park map before we went. Then, I confirmed it when I got the locker.

Except late summer means even more lightening....Not sure how you define late summer but the place was PACKED on 8/13.

Oh yeah, I suppose there is even more lightning in August. Sorry it was packed for you.

Oh, one of your quotes got lost within a quote of mine, but I think it was about a photopass picture that wasn't on the card. If you haven't already ordered your CD, you can e-mail the photopass people and have them look for it for you. There's a form on the photopass site. You tell them the date and park and approximate time, and you need to describe what the people were wearing. If possible, they ask you to send a picture of the person(s) from that day so they know what they're looking for. I did it for one last year and they were able to retrieve it for me. And there was another picture that I didn't realize was missing until it was too late.

Sounds like you had a great time at Typhoon Lagoon. Can't wait to here about your special night at DHS.

:welcome: to the TR Sleeping*Beauty!

Yes, we had a good day...and I'm looking forward to telling you about the evening. :goodvibes

A seriously, moist awesome update!! DIsney never misses a beat in theming or visual puns. I took a lot of phots of both this trip.

Good job working "moist" into your comments. Man, I really missed an opportunity there, didn't I?

Looking forward to seeing your pictures.

Not unless you run into the kid that used to bully you in 7th grade.

"Wadi World" makes me think of "Wally World". :laughing:

Great update Glenn! We've never been to TL or BB. We even had water park tickets but didn't use them. What a waste of money! Next time we go we are definately going to do both.

Didn't use them? Oh no! I can understand it though -- there's so much to do at Disney.

When I was there in 96 I did do River Country but didn't think it was that great. That day for lunch we went to the Trail's End buffet and it was great! :thumbsup2

Hmm, never been to Trail's End yet.

What a great day you all had!!

Yes, it was pretty good!

I can just imagine you waiting in anticipation to see some beautiful fish and then getting in there and high-tailing it to the other side with no regard to the scenery because you were so cold! too funny! :lmao:

I still couldn't go very fast because of the "no splash" rule, but yeah, I'd just prefer to stay warm.

You are a brave soul to have left your wallet and camera back at the chairs!! :scared1:

Too trusting, I know. After losing all of the cards, I figured I didn't want the morning completely ruined, so I'd better take steps to make sure we left happy.

I love the photo of you and the girls coming down the slide.

Thank you!

I've been to BB with my son and we had a great day as well. Next time we'll have to try out TL.

And we need to try out BB!

Loved the latest update. We haven't hit a waterpark in while and I might have to try and sneak a trip in on one of the next few visits.

Thanks! Yes, you should give it a try.

I really liked shark reef last time I did it. Sorry you did not have a better experience. Loved the family picture with the wave.

I don't know, maybe if I had known it was going to be cold I would've been mentally prepared.

Thanks, glad you liked the wave picture.

Sounds like a fun day!

Actually, to be honest, it really doesn't, because I'm weird and don't like waterparks at all. But I'm glad you and your fam had fun. And that shot of you all in the wave pool is priceless!

You're too funny Nory! I love waterslides.

Thanks, I like that picture too.

Wild Wadi - They belong to the World Waterpark Association. Those guys come out to the conference every year. Very cool.

Sounds like you need to try to get them to host it one year in Dubai.

Bummer about losing the key and photopass card. We lost ours last year but we were able to give them a date and time of photo and they found all our pics and linked them to the new card. I will take pic of card when we go in November. Why not, I take pic at parking garage at airport to know where we parked.

:welcome: hill6!! Glad to have you here.

That's great that they were able to retrieve all of your photopass pictures even without the card coding.

I've been doing that too -- taking a picture of the garage location. It helps!

We (at least DH & I) haven't been to Typhoon Lagoon for several year. We liked it when the boys were little, but when they got a little older we preferred Blizzard Beach because they liked the Jr Training area with the floating iceburgs and stuff. Now they go without us. I think they may have gone to each one once on our last trip Either that or they did Blizzard Beach this year and Typhoon last year. :confused3 We've been buying a Premium Annual Pass thinking we would use it at the water parks but we never do..... this year I'm not getting Premiums. :thumbsup2

I heard that Blizzard Beach was a little more "thrilling" so I figured I'd save that for another time. We have enough trouble getting my kids on the less-thrilling rides!

HOW do I keep missing your updates! :headache: I see Marv already won this time....

I don't know what to tell you Brook. He kind of shocked me with how quickly he responded this time. I didn't even know he was on. And then he got the right answer with his first guess...how often does that happen?

Okay, gotta go back and read. :laughing: Looks like a VERY fun one with an awesome PP picture!

Okay, I'll look for your comments. Whoa, they're already here!

Looks like you guys had an awesome time! Do you plan to go back to the water parks again on another trip?

Yeah, it was a good day.

Yes, we'd like to try Blizzard Beach next time, and then try the impossible task of figuring out which one we like better.

I've heard they are incredible, my aunt is a HUGE fan of TL - she begs us to go on every trip. :laughing: We haven't yet, but will - Joe loves that kind of stuff, I'm a scaredy cat on water slides, but I'll suck it up when Henry gets old enough to enjoy them all.

Oh yeah, you need to go. Don't deprive Joe of a waterpark!

The slides aren't scary except Humunga Kowabunga. That moment right before you plunge, and there's no turning back....is a little "exhilarating".

That is an EXCELLENT Photopass shot!!!! You can almost hear the screams!!

Oh, thanks! Don't you love pictures where you can almost hear what was happening?!

Maybe if you've never snorkeled before, but I don't plan to do it again.

I've snorkled. I'll stick to that!

Oh yeah, I suppose there is even more lightning in August. Sorry it was packed for you.
we managed lol!

Oh, one of your quotes got lost within a quote of mine, but I think it was about a photopass picture that wasn't on the card. If you haven't already ordered your CD, you can e-mail the photopass people and have them look for it for you. There's a form on the photopass site. You tell them the date and park and approximate time, and you need to describe what the people were wearing. If possible, they ask you to send a picture of the person(s) from that day so they know what they're looking for. I did it for one last year and they were able to retrieve it for me. And there was another picture that I didn't realize was missing until it was too late.

Oh rats! That didn't even occur to me. It's only 1-2 shots, 3 tops. I'm past 30 days and I've ordered the CD (actually I already have it!) but I emailed them anyway. Good to know for the future!

I guess because of my gender, that did not come to my mind.

Probably.:rolleyes:

Except on the days you're not going to TL, when you see bunches of them.
Isn't that the truth.::yes::

I thought of that, but I figured I'd let you guys have it...I wasn't going to volunteer that!

Probably because of my gender, and my occupation, I find that episode especially funny.

The lifeguards do keep a very close watch on the people.
Oh yeah, I never believe someone when they tell me that they used to guard. Usually that means a million years ago and any training is long forgotten. Not to mention doing it with you child clinging to your neck.:laughing: Even though DS was a weak swimmer at that point, I knew how to position him to keep us both safe.

Wow, a poolrat who doesn't like cold water...I feel a lot better about it now!
That stems from early morning torture, I mean practice. 6 am and 65 degree water. Nope, I will go be the hot shower tester thank you very much.

Sounds like you need to try to get them to host it one year in Dubai.
They host the Mid East conference there. Shoot, I can't get my employer to pay to go to Orlando or Texas, I can't imagine trying to slip Dubai by.:laughing:

And, this would be our first-ever visit to a Disney water park.
Get outta town - really?! :yay:

While receiving our instructions from the lifeguards, we put our masks on and made any necessary adjustments. A few moments later my face started burning and I thought that maybe it was from sunscreen or something. But just before we were to get in the water Marlene said that her face was burning too and we realized that it must have been due to the sanitizer on the masks.
Gee whiz, that's some serious sanitizer! :eek:

It was just colder than the bathwater temperatures I like to swim in. I know that they have to keep it the proper temperature for the type of fish in it, and they should, but now that I’ve done it, it’s just not an attraction I’ll need to repeat.
Yeah, I've yet to make it into Shark Reef for that very reason; if the water's not at least 85*, I'm out.

After a while, I decided to go way out in the deep area since I used to be a pretty good body-surfer when we lived near the ocean. I rode a couple of waves in, but wasn’t able to really catch one.
This is interesting to me... my ex-husband grew up on the beaches of FL and was an avid surfer/boogie border/body surfer. He surfed TL's wave pool for a solid few hours one day that we went and said he never could catch a wave "just right." Makes me wonder if they have them timed purposely, but why? :confused3

The were good waterslides, but you’d think at a Disney park they’d come up with a system to get the inner tubes up to the top without making the park guests carry them up.
:worship::worship::worship:

This is probably a great park in late-summer or early-fall, when it’s still hot, but there are fewer tourists due to school schedules.
::yes:: Also, late Spring, when school's still in session but temps have heated up down here. :thumbsup2

That's funny! Wow, I can't believe she was able to stay in the tube. In my case, I had no choice....I was out before I even knew I was out.
Well if I'm remembering correctly (and it's been a couple of years) the sides at the bottom of the slide are pretty high and she layed flat until she had everything "worked out". This is the one where they clock you coming down and she was going 57 mph on her way down. :scared1:

I've snorkled. I'll stick to that!

I still think it's a great idea for kids who haven't had an opportunity to snorkel.

Oh rats! That didn't even occur to me. It's only 1-2 shots, 3 tops. I'm past 30 days and I've ordered the CD (actually I already have it!) but I emailed them anyway. Good to know for the future!

Oh well. Yeah, they may still come through for you.

Probably because of my gender, and my occupation, I find that episode especially funny.

Oh, I'm sure you do!

Oh yeah, I never believe someone when they tell me that they used to guard. Usually that means a million years ago and any training is long forgotten. Not to mention doing it with you child clinging to your neck.:laughing: Even though DS was a weak swimmer at that point, I knew how to position him to keep us both safe.

Judy used to lifeguard back in the day. (No Marv, I didn't fake drowning in order to meet her.)

That stems from early morning torture, I mean practice. 6 am and 65 degree water. Nope, I will go be the hot shower tester thank you very much.

Yes, I have vivid memories of 8 am swimming lessons at an outdoor pool, so that may be the genesis of my issue with it too.

They host the Mid East conference there. Shoot, I can't get my employer to pay to go to Orlando or Texas, I can't imagine trying to slip Dubai by.:laughing:

Yeah, probably not.

Get outta town - really?! :yay:

Yep. Some people are lucky they're so close (as I look at you over my glasses).

Gee whiz, that's some serious sanitizer! :eek:

No sign of acne for at least a week.

Yeah, I've yet to make it into Shark Reef for that very reason; if the water's not at least 85*, I'm out.

So, I guess you've never returned to Buffalo for the "polar bear plunge" or whatever they call it.

This is interesting to me... my ex-husband grew up on the beaches of FL and was an avid surfer/boogie border/body surfer. He surfed TL's wave pool for a solid few hours one day that we went and said he never could catch a wave "just right." Makes me wonder if they have them timed purposely, but why? :confused3

Reading this makes me feel better about it, I thought I'd lost my touch!

::yes:: Also, late Spring, when school's still in session but temps have heated up down here. :thumbsup2

Durn school schedules have us locked in.

Well if I'm remembering correctly (and it's been a couple of years) the sides at the bottom of the slide are pretty high and she layed flat until she had everything "worked out". This is the one where they clock you coming down and she was going 57 mph on her way down. :scared1:

Okay, I gotcha. If they clocked us here, I didn't see it. 57 mph is pretty fast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter