• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Moist Exhausting Free Trip Ever - Link to Part II Thread pg. 244

Well.....I need help again.....I have Installment #1 up of my....whatever it is....but how do you make a link to it in your signature? I did a "copy link location" and pasted that into my signature - but it shows the thread number and all that stuff instead of the title. :confused3 I am so confused...maybe this is why my previous attempts all died in infancy :idea:

Glenn,

Sounds like the girls had a good time despite the heartbreak and heartache. Did you ever find out if the video of your daughter was shown?

Speaking of the shrimp, the only seafood I can tolerate is deep fried breaded shrimp. All other seafood tastes :sick: to me.

Fried: usually
Peel and eat: always
Don't worry Dan. Fried or Peel and Eat are both easily deveined using a single tine of your fork in most cases. I have also taken my knife when needed and cut a shallow slit along the back of the shrimp and then scraped the vein away.
We're becoming more fluent in reading "Dan". Or is it "Faunt font".
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
How long you been holding that one back waiting for just the right moment to use it? One of your better efforts!
Hi Kathy! I know, I saw you rubbing it in on Marv's thread. Sorry, it's been a little hectic.
BTW, when Kathy leaves in two days she will be out of touch pretty much for 4-5 days. Plenty of time for us to take over her thread and spice it up for her. :banana: Hope to see you there Friday bright and early!:woohoo:

Well.....I need help again.....I have Installment #1 up of my....whatever it is....but how do you make a link to it in your signature? I did a "copy link location" and pasted that into my signature - but it shows the thread number and all that stuff instead of the title. :confused3 I am so confused...maybe this is why my previous attempts all died in infancy :idea:

Go into your control panel and click on Edit Signature. It should be along the left side of the screen. The link in your signature should be a bracket, followed by "URL" and then a bunch of gobbledygook pointing to your thread. If you look closely, the gobbledygook is listed twice. The first entry is doing the actual "pointing", and the second one is the label. Just delete the second batch of gobbledygook and type in your title. You can also adjust the size and color of this second one to make it appear the way you want.

Hope that helps!

Glenn,

Sounds like the girls had a good time despite the heartbreak and heartache. Did you ever find out if the video of your daughter was shown?

Speaking of the shrimp, the only seafood I can tolerate is deep fried breaded shrimp. All other seafood tastes :sick: to me.

Hey D.Jay! Yes, we found out the next evening. I'll probably forget to put it in my post, when I get there so I'll save you the suspense....she wasn't in it, but it didn't bother her.

I wouldn't eat fish growing up, it was too "exotic" for me. :laughing: But now I pretty much will eat just about anything.

Don't worry Dan. Fried or Peel and Eat are both easily deveined using a single tine of your fork in most cases. I have also taken my knife when needed and cut a shallow slit along the back of the shrimp and then scraped the vein away.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Oh, just toss it back and move on!

How long you been holding that one back waiting for just the right moment to use it? One of your better efforts!

Nope, I didn't have that one in reserve. I was originally just going with the "Dan" thing, but it came to me as I finished typing.

BTW, when Kathy leaves in two days she will be out of touch pretty much for 4-5 days. Plenty of time for us to take over her thread and spice it up for her. :banana: Hope to see you there Friday bright and early!:woohoo:

Oh, I'll be there!

Go into your control panel and click on Edit Signature. It should be along the left side of the screen. The link in your signature should be a bracket, followed by "URL" and then a bunch of gobbledygook pointing to your thread. If you look closely, the gobbledygook is listed twice. The first entry is doing the actual "pointing", and the second one is the label. Just delete the second batch of gobbledygook and type in your title. You can also adjust the size and color of this second one to make it appear the way you want.

Hope that helps!

Glenn's explanation works very well, but there even is an easier way to do it:

write the text as you want to appear it in the DIS editor window, as Glenn said you can format it any way you want.

Then open another window in your browser with the page you want to link to.

Copy the link from the browser with "Ctrl C" (or if you are using an old mac like me: "apple C")

go back to your DIS editor and highlight the text which will be the link.

Then go to the tiny button above the editor which has a globe together with a yellow chain link

a window will open into which you can add the link adress you have copied before using "Ctrl V"

Then press ok in that window and in the editor window you will have the [URL... with the adress as well as the text just as Glenn described it. I just find it more user friendly and less nerdy if I do it my way (which I discovered one day by accident when I wanted to add a link and still had some other text highlighted in the editor).

Day 4 - Part 1

On the fourth day of our trip, June 15th, I got up at 6:30 am, got dressed and went out to take some pictures around Coronado Springs. I snuck out while the others slept for a while longer. After I walked down the steps of my building, I took the lens cap off of the camera to take a picture of the fountain which I had taken a picture of a couple of nights earlier. As soon as the lens cap was off I watched the lens immediately fog up as a result of stepping out of the air conditioned hotel room to the warm, humid air outside. So, I sat at the quiet pool with the lens pointed toward the sun for about 20 minutes, waiting for the lens to clear.

I was finally able to take a picture of the fountains. (The picture from the other night was taken from the other direction.) I think I like the night photo better.

IMG_3004.jpg

The quiet pool; where I heard all about the American Idol auditions the night before.

IMG_3005.jpg

And we’re walking, and we’re walking, and we’re stopping.

IMG_3023.jpg

IMG_3024.jpg

IMG_3026.jpg

I attempted a “stitched photo” as inspired by GreatBiscuit. (The process uses free software from Microsoft called Windows Live Photo Gallery.) This particular picture is made up of 12 photos.

IMG_3029Stitch.jpg

The Dig Site.

IMG_3039.jpg

IMG_3041.jpg

The porte cochere of El Centro building.

IMG_3042.jpg

This is the fountain inside the entryway of El Centro. I’m not sure what was going on with my composition of this photo. I think I was trying to get both the fountain and the settee in the picture, but it’s not arranged very well.

IMG_3043.jpg

IMG_3045.jpg

I think it’s interesting how the Mods, (well at least Port Orleans Riverside and Coronado Springs that I’ve seen), are laid-out very similarly regarding where the front desk is in relation to the gift shop and food courts. There are big differences in theming, but the layout is similar.

IMG_3046.jpg

IMG_3048.jpg

When I got back to the room, everyone was awake and getting ready for the day. For breakfast, we shared a couple of apple turnovers and a big cinnamon roll that I bought while I was in El Centro, at Café Rix. I could have sworn that I took a picture of them, but I can’t find one, so either I deleted it or it didn’t get uploaded or I just plain never took one. Two of the kids split the cinnamon roll, which I kind of had my eye on, so I had some of the apple turnover and was pleasantly surprised at how good they were.

I realize that this chapter is kind of sedate. But, I suppose that’s a good representation of how the morning had been, so far.

Up next: Humunga Wedgiebunga
Link to next chapter

Hope that helps!
I was about to answer this for her too. Just a little further bit of clarification. The gobbledygook Glenn is talking about shows up twice. The first time it is inside " " marks. This is the actual link that it will go to. The TITLE part is the second time you see the gobbledygook, which immediately follows a ] and is NOT inside of any " " marks. Just highlight that second bunch of gobbledygook, and then type what you want it to say. As Glenn said, you can make it a different size, color, etc.

Before you blow anything away, use the preview button at the bottom to see if it did what you wanted, then save it after you are satisfied.

Zero - going back to read the update!! :goodvibes

ETA: I love your morning pictures! CSR is very pretty, but it looks soo spread out in your pics.

The stitched picture is really great, very good job! I love the flowers in the front.

Well that's just mean. You go and post pictures of CSR, and then I get to read about how Kathy is going to be there in two days. I'm happy that Mr. Arb and I are trying a different hotel this time, but CSR was so pretty.

Glenn's explanation works very well, but there even is an easier way to do it:

write the text as you want to appear it in the DIS editor window, as Glenn said you can format it any way you want.

Then open another window in your browser with the page you want to link to.

Copy the link from the browser with "Ctrl C" (or if you are using an old mac like me: "apple C")

go back to your DIS editor and highlight the text which will be the link.

Then go to the tiny button above the editor which has a globe together with a yellow chain link

a window will open into which you can add the link adress you have copied before using "Ctrl V"

Then press ok in that window and in the editor window you will have the [URL... with the adress as well as the text just as Glenn described it. I just find it more user friendly and less nerdy if I do it my way (which I discovered one day by accident when I wanted to add a link and still had some other text highlighted in the editor).

I was about to answer this for her too. Just a little further bit of clarification. The gobbledygook Glenn is talking about shows up twice. The first time it is inside " " marks. This is the actual link that it will go to. The TITLE part is the second time you see the gobbledygook, which immediately follows a ] and is NOT inside of any " " marks. Just highlight that second bunch of gobbledygook, and then type what you want it to say. As Glenn said, you can make it a different size, color, etc.

Before you blow anything away, use the preview button at the bottom to see if it did what you wanted, then save it after you are satisfied.

If the 3 of us can't confuse her, I don't know who can! :rotfl2:

Thanks for chiming in.

Zero - going back to read the update!! :goodvibes

Good for you Magdalene!

ETA: I love your morning pictures! CSR is very pretty, but it looks soo spread out in your pics.

The stitched picture is really great, very good job! I love the flowers in the front.

Thank you. I thought that the stitched picture turned out pretty well. I would have liked less emphasis on the foreground, but it's not too bad.

Nice pictures....no Judy's.

Correct, but second.

Well that's just mean. You go and post pictures of CSR, and then I get to read about how Kathy is going to be there in two days. I'm happy that Mr. Arb and I are trying a different hotel this time, but CSR was so pretty.

You can always visit while you're there. I was trying to get this posted before Kathy left, to whet her appetite.

What the %#*@^@$@ are you doing up???? :worship:

Beating you, it seems to me. :lmao:

Fried: usually
Peel and eat: always
im thinking im just going to file away all of this info in the spot of the brain where you know what you are eating but better you dont worry about it.

kinda like how i told candi one time what the casing for sausages really is and how she makes me peel all of those off when i cook brats and such now.
:laughing:

That's what I was thinking. All of a sudden he's worried about his spelling.

We're becoming more fluent in reading "Dan". Or is it "Faunt font".

im liking the faunt font.

thanks for the tip, but im thiking i will just eat it and not think about it.:thumbsup2

Nope, I didn't have that one in reserve. I was originally just going with the "Dan" thing, but it came to me as I finished typing.
hey marv he is pretty wise in his old age, and not bad trying to smoothly move the teasing over to me now.
:teacher:

Hey Glen, I just wanted to let you know that I'm here and have been here for a while, catching up on all this. SO MUCH TO CATCH UP ON.

Ok, catch ya later.

(See what I did there? *nudges*)

enjoyed the update glenn, good memories of staying there. thanks for the trip around the resort.

however, i tried the stitching thing that GB posted with a few of ours and it didnt really work for me, i think i did it wrong.

It's 10:20 pm here... And I am a grown-up, so I am allowed to stay up a bit longer than 9pm... ;)
Oh sure, now you tell me....... :rotfl:

I guess that's what I get for answering that phone call from DW before I posted! Last time THAT happens!!! :mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter