The "Minnie's Holiday dine" / Fantasmic Issue

I wonder if when they say "tickets" does that mean a general fastpass like they give to everyone who wants a fastpass or if it is the dinner package reserved seating?

We had a 5pm res with F! at 7pm. Waited about 15 minutes to get seated, quick (really quick) pic with Santa Goofy. Ate, saw Daisy and Minnie. Mickey and Donald were nowhere to be seen. We finally saw Mickey, and Donald had come while my daughter was in the restroom. He never came back and it is 6:30pm now. So we told the server we never saw Donald, and we really couldn't wait since we had to get to Fantasmic. She said it was our fault since my child was in the bathroom when he came. So our meal from res time to finish took 1.5 hours and we missed a character. We did make it to F! but seating in the reserved area was scarce. I'm hoping things are running smoother now, but anyone with the Fantasmic package should be marked as a priority for the characters IMO. Our only negative experience!

Unfortunately the characters go in a sequence around the restaurant and rarely ever vary so they cannot prioritize Fantasmic people though that would be nice. We learned early on to scope out the character locations and even ask servers if necessary before leaving table at all character meals

I sent an email today stating I had made my 5:15 dinner reservation back in August and at that time there was only an 8:30 Fantasmic. Figured we would do dinner, see the lights and move on to Fantasmic. Then I hear they added a 7:00 show. We are suppose to go this Saturday. I sent an email earlier and I got a response back that I needed to call dining. Just wasted almost an hour while the girl finally called Hollywood & Vine and was told we absolutely could NOT have the tickets for the 8:30 Fantasmic. I said that wasn't fair since when I booked there was only one showing. She was rude and said that all times can change and if I didn't like it then I could cancel my reservation. Umm, I don't think so. We are only coming over for this and staying one night. Already paid for the dining plan and got 2 dresses made, so no, I am not canceling. What is happening to my beloved DISNEY???

email guestservices@disney.com

I did and I received a call from a CM (with her extension number) that stated I could have my choice of either F! or I could ask the manager on duty to take it off my bill. She said they have had many calls and this was the solution. If it doesn't work next week I will be calling.

I'm not sweating it.

email guestservices@disney.com

I did and I received a call from a CM (with her extension number) that stated I could have my choice of either F! or I could ask the manager on duty to take it off my bill. She said they have had many calls and this was the solution. If it doesn't work next week I will be calling.

I'm not sweating it.

I did that - emailed guest services and received call back with her extension. This was some time ago and she agreed the timing would be impossible and I would get second show tickets. We shall see what happens. When I called dining they were not helpful at all and said I had plenty of time to see Fantasmic and you could walk up at the last minute and get great seats. Um no! That is why I emailed guest services.

Would people recommend I email and try to get a VM confirming this information too? Second shows just added for our week, and though we are eating with Fantasmic packages two different times, one at HBD and one at Minnie's, the earliest ressie we have is 5:40PM. I would love to hear updates from anyone who was actually able to get into the second show.

I have a package Saturday with dinner time at 5:30. I will post what happens after that. I have the voicemail but that really doesn't mean they will honor it. We shall see...

We go this Saturday as well but 5:15. I did email the link above
I have a package Saturday with dinner time at 5:30. I will post what happens after that. I have the voicemail but that really doesn't mean they will honor it. We shall see...
but as of yet, nobody has called me.

So I decided to skip calling guest relations, and called Hollywood and Vine myself. I was told they only have one set of tickets for Fantasmic!, and they specifically state they are for the first show. The person I spoke to said there isn't even a reserved seating section in the second show for the dining package, and that if you did end up with tickets to the second one, it would just be in the regular FP section. So now I'm not sure what to do. Even if I have some sort of confirmation that I can attend the second show, if they don't have tickets for the second show (or a designated place to put dining package guests) it won't do me a lot of good.

You may be faster eaters than us. Haha! We are a party of 4. How about you? We have my husband, my self, my 13 year old daughter, and 4 year old grand daughter.
It took her a couple days to call. I guess you will find out before me.

Does anyone know how long the diner takes ? There must be some type of entrainment at diner. Does the entrainment go on as you are eating or is in some time like befor the meal starts between diner and dessert? 6:30 can't work at all. 4:30 done by 6:15 works. May not get first row. But should have good seats since it rope off

You may be faster eaters than us. Haha! We are a party of 4. How about you? We have my husband, my self, my 13 year old daughter, and 4 year old grand daughter.
We are a party of two - me and 12 yr old daughter. We eat very fast (I'm a nurse and some days you have little lunch time). We should just stand up and yell "hey fellow dissers" if one of us has trouble getting later times lol

I just wanted to report that we had a 6:15 reservation tonight 11/26. We were given our fantasmic tickets at the beginning of the meal and they were for the 8:30 show!!!!! They had added a 7pm show after the reservation was made. We had a return time of 7:55 to 8:15. So there is hope for all of you with later dinner times.

So I decided to skip calling guest relations, and called Hollywood and Vine myself. I was told they only have one set of tickets for Fantasmic!, and they specifically state they are for the first show. The person I spoke to said there isn't even a reserved seating section in the second show for the dining package, and that if you did end up with tickets to the second one, it would just be in the regular FP section. So now I'm not sure what to do. Even if I have some sort of confirmation that I can attend the second show, if they don't have tickets for the second show (or a designated place to put dining package guests) it won't do me a lot of good.

Just got back to POP --- did the dinner tonight with the F! Package --- we had an ADR for 5:30 --- we checked in at 5:10 and we were seated 5 mins later and given a VIP ticket ( it said First Show on it, but the time stamp said to return from 7:55-8:15 for the 2nd show--- there WAS a reserved VIP dining package section--- we were dead smack in the middle of the theatre --- perfect seats !!

Thoughts on the dinner --- the kids loved it !! 4 and 9--- loved the character interaction and the outfits they wore were adorable !! The Goofy photo op was very nice !! Had no problem that the characters didn't sign ,as we are not really autograph people, so the pre-signed card was fine !! The food was plentiful and very good --- the desserts were amazing, but we were stuffed by that time !! I do agree that they definitely need to spruce it up a bit with more decorations , and the holiday songs were a bit cheesy --- would we do it again ? Maybe -- it was very pricey - we are from NYC--- used to expensive eateries, but it was a bit much.

Our DD9 wanted to go back tmw !! So, seeing how happy it made the kids, would probably do it again .

I just wanted to report that we had a 6:15 reservation tonight 11/26. We were given our fantasmic tickets at the beginning of the meal and they were for the 8:30 show!!!!! They had added a 7pm show after the reservation was made. We had a return time of 7:55 to 8:15. So there is hope for all of you with later dinner times.

Thank you thank you thank you!

Just got back to POP --- did the dinner tonight with the F! Package --- we had an ADR for 5:30 --- we checked in at 5:10 and we were seated 5 mins later and given a VIP ticket ( it said First Show on it, but the time stamp said to return from 7:55-8:15 for the 2nd show--- there WAS a reserved VIP dining package section--- we were dead smack in the middle of the theatre --- perfect seats !!

Thoughts on the dinner --- the kids loved it !! 4 and 9--- loved the character interaction and the outfits they wore were adorable !! The Goofy photo op was very nice !! Had no problem that the characters didn't sign ,as we are not really autograph people, so the pre-signed card was fine !! The food was plentiful and very good --- the desserts were amazing, but we were stuffed by that time !! I do agree that they definitely need to spruce it up a bit with more decorations , and the holiday songs were a bit cheesy --- would we do it again ? Maybe -- it was very pricey - we are from NYC--- used to expensive eateries, but it was a bit much.

Our DD9 wanted to go back tmw !! So, seeing how happy it made the kids, would probably do it again .
Thank you from the bottom of my heart - I wasn't going to get worked up about it but now I don't have to worry at all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter