The "Minnie's Holiday dine" / Fantasmic Issue

Totally agree, and was not my intent to argue with RS either --- the main problem is that this was a DiSNEY error, mistake, oversight--- whatever term you want to use--- and they should be the ones to attempt to correct it --
CMs telling people that you will easily make it for the 7pm show, when they have an ADR from 5:30-6pm, is not helping matters --- and while there are options -- none of them seem to be that great
I wonder...what are they telling people with the 6:30 or later reservations? They can't be possibly telling them they will make it to the 7:09 when they call.

I wonder...what are they telling people with the 6:30 or later reservations? They can't be possibly telling them they will make it to the 7:09 when they call.

Certain CMs ( don't want to speak for all of them) were telling guests that had 6:00pm Adrs that they could make the 7PM show !! Not sure what they were telling ppl with later dinners ---- the supervisor I spoke with this morning was so sweet---- she looked into the system, and said "wow, so we have been getting complaints")

When I explained that i had a 5:30 ADR, and didn't want to feel rushed (especially given that it's a character meal) , she totally understood -- she then transferred me to Disney dining, and their supervisor---- she said that it was definitely an oversight by Disney, and that our Adrs never should have said "first show" ---

Ok---just to ease minds--- just got off the phone with Disney Guest relations, and a Disney Dining Supervisor--- she pulled up my ADR, and on THEIR end, it no longer shows
"first show"---

1) Glad it shows that on THEIR screen.
2) Maybe they got the hint and are accommodating people.
3 I just entered the dining system and it reads . . .
. . . Minnie's Holiday Dine at Hollywood & Vine Dinner Fantasmic! 1st Show

Stop killing the dream RS! I still have faith WDW will fix this problem when the conflicts arise.

i don't see how sharing what the actual Disney system is showing is killing the dream

Much better to be prepared than surprised, No?

Mine reads the same--- I did explain that to the supervisor, and she said that it would remain as "1st Show" on our mde, however, a memo/note is in the system for the restaurant to make sure that ppl dining at this time period---
( I was told from 4:15-6:30) would be given passes for the 8:30 (2nd) show

Minnie Mum thanks for giving the email address that I was hoping to find. I now have hope they might fix this issue. I did email them because I have 5:30 time and just wanted to see what they say. I must also add you are one of my favorite members here. You often have the voice of reason and so much knowledge about Disney. I appreciate your help. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they come up with a solution for us all. I was so surprised at an earlier time because I expected a later one to be added.

Still see that I'm going to the first F! even though our reservation for Minnie is at 6:10. No calendar update either. Hope they resolve this soon.

I just entered the dining system and it reads . . .
It wouldn't be the first time there was incorrect information available for the public to read. "Minnie's Holiday Dine" for next year? or this year? shows incorrect dates when you look under Hollywood & Vine "Minnie's Seasonal Dine". Does it start on 11/7/15 as we presumed or on 11/4/15 according to what the "dining system" reads (or are these dates for next year which are totally incorrect)? This is obviously an oversight on someone's part. Doesn't someone proof read this information before releasing it to the public?

What dates have the earlier Fantasmic? On both the Disney website and calendar for travel agents I am only seeing a 8:30 Fantasmic.

Have not looked at any other dates but we are there Nov 28 and they added a 7pm show. I'm sure they did the same many other days too

got off the phone with Disney Guest relations, and a Disney Dining Supervisor--- she pulled up my ADR, and on THEIR end, it no longer shows "first show"--- A note has been placed on ALL of the ADRS for this dining experience, stating that we will be given passes for the 8:30 PM F! show
the dining supervisor--- she advised me of the passes for 8:30 and said we are all good !!
1) You might want that in writing.
2) Phone ressie people are notorious
. . . for giving wrong info
. . . for making promises they cannot keep
. . . as many people have found out and commented
3) I looked up several ressies, and did not see such notes.
4) Obviously, they may honor it at the 2nd show, but things re always Subject to Change.

i don't see how sharing what the actual Disney system is showing is killing the dream

Much better to be prepared than surprised, No?

When are you people going to learn to say "Yes, RS! You are right RS!" or else get a note from the "moderator"?

LOL - this will probably be censored too, oops - I mean "moderated".

I actually do think Rusty is correct. I am awaiting a reply from my email but I honestly don't trust that it will be fixed. I think they messed up and should fix it but have only a bit of hope they will fix it. I am not going into this with blind faith at all. Even with an email saying they will offer the later show -if I get such a reply- no guarantee. I think the point made previously in this thread or another thread about the staffing required to use the dining section is valid - it will not be such an easy thing to have a dining section in the second show. Just waiting to see what happens and may have to figure out another plan. It is very disappointing but not end of the world. My perfect plan may well have gone up on a poof of smoke...

I am awaiting a reply from my email but I honestly don't trust that it will be fixed.

1) The way I look at it.
. . . it would be resolved by Disney, or,
. . . it would not be resolved by Disney
2) Either way, you are in the Happiest Place in the World, at the Happiest Time of the Year.
3) Even with minor disappointments, it should be a great time.
4) After all,
. . . you could be at work
. . . you could be in the snow up North
. . . you could be at your Brother-in-Law's
. . . the way I look at it
. . . . . . as long as I wake up and can look DOWN to see the green color of the grass
. . . . . . as long as I am at Disney for the holidays
. . . . . . all is good

When are you people going to learn to say "Yes, RS! You are right RS!" or else get a note from the "moderator"?

LOL - this will probably be censored too, oops - I mean "moderated".

The advice is there to accept or not. This would not be the first time DIsney makes a change and expects guests to rolll with it.I think that it is bette to be repared because you listened to feedback from people who have a decent idea f how the system works, and then be happy if those folks were proven to be wrong, then to walk in expecting that all will be the way others say it will be and then be upset if it is not.

It makes no difference to me how this works out, my ADR is early enough t manage a 7PM show if there is a change in my week, and I would welcome it. If my ADR was 25 minutes fromt eh fist show, and there was a chance I was going to lose those vouchers, I would want to be prepared. I would still keep my ADR, but my stratefy for getting to the 8:30 show would be changing right quick.

1) You might want that in writing.
2) Phone ressie people are notorious
. . . for giving wrong info
. . . for making promises they cannot keep
. . . as many people have found out and commented
3) I looked up several ressies, and did not see such notes.
4) Obviously, they may honor it at the 2nd show, but things re always Subject to Change.

If it changes, I guess I will have to deal with it--- I could ask for something in writing, and then be told that "we don't know why someone wrote this to you"

I spoke with two different supervisors --- both told me the same thing --- if we don't get the 8:30 show, I will deal with it ---

If it changes, I guess I will have to deal with it--- I could ask for something in writing, and then be told that "we don't know why someone wrote this to you" I spoke with two different supervisors --- both told me the same thing --- if we don't get the 8:30 show, I will deal with it ---
1) It will be nice to know how it works out for future reference, so please follow-up with us.
2) I would check it out, myself, but I am in Cleveland at the moment.
NOTE:
Yes, I know there are very few reasons to visit Cleveland.
. . . Watching The Browns is like seeing the Titanic every Sunday, and rooting for the ship to finally win.
. . . But, was a chance to visit the new Great-Grand-Daughter and perform the Christening.
. . . PLUS, we go to go to the 40th Anniversary midnight performance of The Rocky Horror Picture Show. (Brings back old memories/times.)

Hi all
Any idea if Minnie holiday dine can now be booked at 180 days as per other adr?
Or will they release the seasons and then open booking?
Thanks

Just got a call from Disney that went to voice mail that she agrees that it would be impossible to get dinner at 5:30 and make it to 7pm show since you are recommended to arrive early. She said we would be accommodated with passes for 8:30 pm show. Not sure if it is like a fast pass or what but hopefully this works out for everyone. I am curious to see how they do it but it doesn't matter - we will be in our happy place. We have seen Fantasmic many times and have the dining plan (for a change) so it really isn't costing us much extra. So if it works -great - if not - more time for Osborn lights which we haven't seen!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter