The MAXI dress... not for me!

Forevermarypoppins

DIS Veteran
It appears the MAXI dress isn't just a fad, it's here to stay! Must of them are really cute. But I'll never own one.
WHY?
The fabric used is too clingy for me. I have lumps and bumps that I am not proud of. Some call them "curves", just another word for fat to me.

Spanx and warmer temps don't appeal to me.

I'll just have to enjoy seeing everyone else wear their cute MAXI dress.

It appears the MAXI dress isn't just a fad, it's here to stay! Must of them are really cute. But I'll never own one.
WHY?
The fabric used is too clingy for me. I have lumps and bumps that I am not proud of. Some call them "curves", just another word for fat to me.

I wish I could wear them too. I'm short and even just hanging on the racks they tower over me.

WHY?

You can get them in all types of fabric now. Also maybe try the long skirts and a separate top? I love that because I can usually pair them up with a regular old cotton sleveless top and go.

Truthfully I think the flatter the "pooh size" gal much better than shorts or capri's.
shorts tend to be made out of very "restrictive" fabric such as denim or khaki. I have thick thighs, I look like a rolled sausage in shorts because the thighs are cut so small, my seams start to scream for release.

I love the maxi dresses for a few reasons, they are cool and comfortable. I don't have to iron them usually like I do with shorts and they really do go from afternoon to evening easily and they flow nicely

I do empathize for my vertically challenged folks. you do have to be a certain height to carry it.

I have problems with them because of my saddlebag thighs, but I love them for their ease and comfort. I've really been making an effort to stay longer at the gym and cut out bad foods specifically because I want to be able to wear clothing like this without spanx or assets

I wish I could wear them too. I'm short and even just hanging on the racks they tower over me.

Me too. You'd think they would have Petite Maxis or Mini Maxis. LOL
Maybe they do - I've never really looked. That would be nice.

I have problems with them because of my saddlebag thighs, but I love them for their ease and comfort. I've really been making an effort to stay longer at the gym and cut out bad foods specifically because I want to be able to wear clothing like this without spanx or assets

That's so interesting Miskey because I love them for my thunder thighs
I picked this up a couple of weeks ago for the summer, it covers and hides my thighs so well and it's not clinging.

4120342380008_070_b

Last edited:
You know...I used to think that too.

I am pretty short and I thought they would make me look even shorter, but with the right cut and fabric they can be really flattering. I love them now that I can find the right ones for me.

I've thought about hemming them but it just seems like too much effort. I guess I just see cute ones in stores and just wish I could buy one and throw it on without effort.

WHY?

Maxi dresses are made out of many different fabrics. Find one you like. :) I love my maxi dresses. They are so comfortable. Oh, and I'm short, too. :)

I'm short and fluffy, but I love my maxis. But you need to find the right combo of cut and fabric. Thankfully the selection seems to have gotten better over the last few years.

I'm short and I managed to come up with several nice ones I could wear with sandals for the evenings on our Vegas trip last summer. I knew heels were out of the question because of all the walking involved and the dresses allowed me to look polished enough for evening and covered up my more casual looking footwear.

I've thought about hemming them but it just seems like too much effort. I guess I just see cute ones in stores and just wish I could buy one and throw it on without effort.
I've gotten mine at the cheapy teen stores like DEB :)
I'm only 5'2. Maybe because those stores are geared toward teens the dresses are shorter? I have no luck at other stores like Target or Macy's.

The Ross near me has a pretty good petite section and I have found maxi dresses there. The long skirts are easy to wear and pair with a shirt you like.

I don't wear maxi dresses (just not a big dress fan, my waist is in a funny place so they look odd) but I love Maxi skirts. They are awesome even though I'm only 5'1". I always say they are one step above yoga pants. So comfortable!

I love them, in fact I just had commercials on here that are showing some really nice that look like they are fuller at the bottom and move. If I see it again I will let you know. Some of them are skirts. And it was not a bad price on some of them.

I'm only 5'2. Maybe because those stores are geared toward teens the dresses are shorter? I have no luck at other stores like Target or Macy's.

I'm 5'2" and I picked up mine at Macy's, along with Nordstrom and Lord & Taylor. I don't think we have DEB store here.

Belk has a selection of maxi dresses in their petite section as well - not as varied as the regular section, however, but there were several from which to choose.

Thanks. I don't know if we have a DEB store around here. Maybe I'll check it out if I see one. I'm 5' and busty so I don't know if a store like that would work but there's no harm in trying.

I'm 5'2" and I picked up mine at Macy's, along with Nordstrom and Lord & Taylor. I don't think we have DEB store here.
I will have to check out the Macy's again at "The big mall" next time I'm there. The one in the mall down the road here kind of stinks. :) Thanks.

I don't even remember if I've actually gotten one at a DEB store, but I know I've gotten a few from stores LIKE DEB like Wet Seal, Forever 21 etc...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter