The Mauro's Magical Disney Vacation on Food Network

Oh please, obviously, they scanned their cards because the magic bands weren't working... :)

The show did show me that I like the green magic band and I am glad I have chosen that color :) (to bad purple isn't available)

I am also happy I picked green and...I would have chosen purple if it were available.

Oh I totally understood that but I couldn't help but think about how much "My side" there was and not much "family time".

They may not have wanted their child to be on screen very much just for personal reasons. I don't think the lack of seeing the child on screen means the family didn't do much together while they were there. I'm sure they had more time off camera to experience things as a family.

They may not have wanted their child to be on screen very much just for personal reasons. I don't think the lack of seeing the child on screen means the family didn't do much together while they were there. I'm sure they had more time off camera to experience things as a family.

If you've ever seen The Sandwich King, he TV Show, the little guy is on there a lot.

Chuckers said:
If you've ever seen The Sandwich King, he TV Show, the little guy is on there a lot.

I didn't know that...We watched the first episode or so after food network star, but we didn't like it. Comment about personal reasons retracted :) I still think it is probable that they did more family things off.camera

What struck me is that Disney isn't clear on their own marketing plan this year. Show us your 'Disney Side' to me has meant how you act like a kid when you're in Disney (based on the way its been phrased and shown in commercials,) but this show made it sound like your 'Disney Side' was picking one activity you really wanted to do which made no sense to me!

We were there when they were filming it and it was low crowds, but certainly not that low. ;) We saw Jeff Mauro and his family when we were eating at Yachtsman. We also saw him filming those segments when he's talking. He was off to the side in Epcot. He was sitting right by us in Yachtsman and we couldn't help but sneak peeks lol. DH bumped into him by the bathroom outside of Yachtsman too. Really nice guy. They did leave before eating though because his son wasn't feeling well. :(

We were there when they were filming it and it was low crowds, but certainly not that low. ;) We saw Jeff Mauro and his family when we were eating at Yachtsman. We also saw him filming those segments when he's talking. He was off to the side in Epcot. He was sitting right by us in Yachtsman and we couldn't help but sneak peeks lol. DH bumped into him by the bathroom outside of Yachtsman too. Really nice guy. They did leave before eating though because his son wasn't feeling well. :(

Just curious, when was it filmed?

I would think it was in the morning or early afternoon, definitely well before they open. I suspect it was very shortly after the segment where he was in the kitchen since it was obvious that was not a full staff in the kitchen and when they were eating the camera was positioned where you could not see the food preparation area except reflected in the window/mirror. They probably only prepared the two dishes that they showed being served. I seriously doubt that V&A would let a camera crew interfere with their service.

I think they also taped the meal at CG before it re-opened. It was way too quiet while they were eating there and the people at the bar and walking around looked too much like staff members than people actually eating there. ;)

I think you are definitely right. When these TV shows film they don't get the whole experience and just show a part- they get the part that is filmed. I remember Samantha Brown saying people were always envious of her massages on Great Hotels (almost every show!)- but really, she had to get half naked, lay on a table, and get about 2 minutes of a massage, then reposition lights, try another angle, get 2 minutes of a massage, and then leave.

This wasn't really a vacation- it was work. Even for the ancillary members of the family. They likely had other days where they had a fun time at Disney with the family.

I noticed when they went to ride TSMM, they entered through the Standby Line and there was practically nobody in it.

Not sure if someone else mentioned this but the ride had a 15minute wait !! let me know when that's even possible lol:thumbsup2 !!! overall i thought it was great show.

What struck me is that Disney isn't clear on their own marketing plan this year. Show us your 'Disney Side' to me has meant how you act like a kid when you're in Disney (based on the way its been phrased and shown in commercials,) but this show made it sound like your 'Disney Side' was picking one activity you really wanted to do which made no sense to me!

I thought the same thing! Showing my Disney Side to me isnt picking one activity to do during your trip, thats simply just planning your days out! I didnt quite understand that part either...

We watched, as we always do with the Disney specials on Food Tv. This one was a bit cheesy for me, as I don't much like the Sandwich King...We preferred the Guy episode to this. However, it was nice to see something new and use it to amp up for our next trip. My kids were kind of bummed that all that most of the restaurants were more adult themed and there wasn't much for the kids.

We liked it. Me and my kids watched and since our trip was only 7 days from the airing of the show, it was one more thing to help us get our Disney on. But my 8yo dd and I looked at each other instantly and said together, "There's no wicked queen in Cinderella!" LOL. Sandwich King, get your characters straight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter