The March 2014 Thread!!!!

Not everyone knows that though... The schedule that just came out has the 3:00 celebrate parade and the Pixar parade on it! I'm sure it will change but it is confusing to those who don't know. The electrical parade is only 2 nights the week we are going... Hoping that changes too.

my 2 daughters and I will be at port Orleans French Quarter march 18-21 it is for my 40th birthday ugh.

Has anyone eaten at Raglan Road? If so, how is it? Thinking about eating there one of our down days. Thanks in advance for any advice. :thumbsup2

melliemelo said:
Not everyone knows that though... The schedule that just came out has the 3:00 celebrate parade and the Pixar parade on it! I'm sure it will change but it is confusing to those who don't know. The electrical parade is only 2 nights the week we are going... Hoping that changes too.

Me too! We want to see one parade at least!

Sent from my Samsung S3 using DISBoards

Has anyone eaten at Raglan Road? If so, how is it? Thinking about eating there one of our down days. Thanks in advance for any advice. :thumbsup2

Yes! Finally tried it last trip and we are planning it for our March trip. Everything we ordered was amazing as was the entertainment. Do not miss the bread pudding for dessert!

I will be in Orlando from February 23rd to March 9th. It will be my second Solotrip and this time I will plan much more activities in advance like visit Cirque du Soleil and a trip to the Kennedy Space Center and take some tours like Behind the seeds. I really can't hardly wait. I haven't been in the USA since 2010 and I love the country.

I don't want to spent all the time alone, maybe I find some people to join which are also going solo.

I'm really looking foward to the start of the Flower and Garden Festival.

Don't plan on parades... they have been cancelled except MSEP in March according to other threads

We are driving down from the Houston area. Leaving March 7th and getting there on March 8th. Staying until the 14th.

just switched our ressie from POR to BC! I hope we made a good move. We saw the pool and beaches and cream and couldnt resist switching.

BC is one of our favorite resorts!! I don't think you will be disappointed with the switch.

Me too! We want to see one parade at least!

I have had problems with the disney site - it won't let me see anything ( schedule) in march?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards ... 09/2010 CBR Pirate Room ; 11/2012 POR Royal Room ; Early 2014 CS in planning process'

We're going March 2-7, staying at All-Star Sports. We're celebrating our third anniversary and our baby boy's first birthday! My inlaws are also coming - should be interesting as I'm the only one who's ever been to WDW and they're pretty clueless. (No really, my MIL assumed we were staying at the Disney hotel - like there was only one.) :) Luckily my sister and brother-in-law live in Orlando and will be joining us a few days. I'm thinking about ADR at Le Cellier for our anniversary. I really want to do CRT, but have no idea how DS will react to characters. Also hoping for a spring training game at WWoS, for my DH and FIL. I'm really excited and starting to look through crowd calendars and park hours - time to start seriously planning! I also sent a request to join the FB group!

BC is one of our favorite resorts!! I don't think you will be disappointed with the switch.

Thanks! :cool1: Its just the price thats making me choke up a bit. We stayed at a delux at US 2 years ago. Such lovely bed at the hard rock hotel. I just couldnt do a mod after that. This will be our first time to disney! :cheer2:

Southwest flights are out for March 8th and they are expensive. I was flip flopping between times and when the screen refreshed, the price jumped for one particular flight by $40 per person. What a freaking racket. Our return flight is almost double our departure flight....

Southwest flights are out for March 8th and they are expensive. I was flip flopping between times and when the screen refreshed, the price jumped for one particular flight by $40 per person. What a freaking racket. Our return flight is almost double our departure flight....

I was up at 5am to book ours on SW, definitely hoped they would be cheaper. But I was able to get 3/4 of our departure flights on points. For our return flight (out of Ft. Myers, after we visit family), United was a little cheaper and had a direct flight. I had already bought DH's return flight on United with points (he's coming home a few days earlier).

So total OOP, I spent about $1000 on airfare, and depleted all of our miles in both United and SW. Sigh. But it feels totally official now, we are really going!!!

I decided to take Friday off and fly out that morning, so we'll have a little more time. I think we'll end up doing 2 park days instead of just one since we won't be getting in at midnight. I guess I'll go ahead and get us all a set of 10-day non-exp tickets, then at least we'll be set for a few years :)

Airfare was $2400 for the 4 of us. Sigh. I talked to a few TA's and all said it likely wasn't going to get better since there is a mass exodus for Mardi Gras!! Last year it was $2200, the year before around $2000. Last year we waited until Oct to book flights for Feb. and the Saturday was completely sold out!! We had to change our dates and leave on Friday, and the kids missed a day of school.

melliemelo said:
Airfare was $2400 for the 4 of us. Sigh. I talked to a few TA's and all said it likely wasn't going to get better since there is a mass exodus for Mardi Gras!! Last year it was $2200, the year before around $2000. Last year we waited until Oct to book flights for Feb. and the Saturday was completely sold out!! We had to change our dates and leave on Friday, and the kids missed a day of school.

Wow what are your dates?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter