The Magic The Memories and THOSE people! An Aug PTR **GOING EARLY!!!**

And now the Tropical Storm Irene is predicted to arrive in Orlando as a Cat 1 Hurricane on Friday morning...right about when we are due to land. Lovely. I don't care about the rain and I wouldn't even care if we were stuck in the hotel for a few hours or all day...but I will care if the flight is cancelled because it can't land or is diverted or we're stuck in an airport somewhere for hours or days trying to get there. Ugh. Debating flying out Thursday night instead so we're sure to arrive at least.

And now the Tropical Storm Irene is predicted to arrive in Orlando as a Cat 1 Hurricane on Friday morning...right about when we are due to land. Lovely. I don't care about the rain and I wouldn't even care if we were stuck in the hotel for a few hours or all day...but I will care if the flight is cancelled because it can't land or is diverted or we're stuck in an airport somewhere for hours or days trying to get there. Ugh. Debating flying out Thursday night instead so we're sure to arrive at least.

[Fingers in ears] La-la-la-la-la-la ;)

Well...we'll be driving down on Friday - so maybe we'll have sunny skies for the rest of our time :thumbsup2

How difficult would it be to change your flight at this point - to move it to Thursday night?

No change fees on Southwest and all the flights are available on Thursday, we're within 7 days though so I can't get the lowest fare anymore, but between the credit I have from changing the flights originally and the points I have from getting the Southwest credit card, it shouldn't cost us anything. Hotel is available in every room category as well so I don't think adding a night would be a problem. I hope since we're adding a night I would hope that there would not be a change fee. I booked hotel only so I think we have till 5 days before to make changes which is today, but I doubt we'll decide till tomorrow or Tuesday, see how it's tracking, if anything changes.

Sounds like you have a good alternative. We're flying into Orlando on Saturday so I'm hoping it works out ok for us!

Amanda

Sounds like you have a good alternative. We're flying into Orlando on Saturday so I'm hoping it works out ok for us!

Amanda

Saturday should be fine, looks clear and nice, Irene should be passed by then. I called Southwest this morning to change and even with my credit (can't use the points, don't have enough for the full fare flights) it's gonna cost $600 to change the flights. Ugh. She seriously advised me to wait a bit longer, said that in the next 24 hours they might put out a weather advisory for the flights on Friday and allow people to change the flights at no charge just to get people off those flights and not have to deal with the cancellation hassles that day. She said the flights were open Thursday and there is another late afternoon flight after the one I want, it's not direct, but I don't care. So I'm holding out a bit longer. DH is on the fence, he just wants to be sure and almost was saying just book it and pay. I suppose a few more hours will be okay. I hope. I'll be watching their website all day now for news.

AHH so we bit the bullet and changed our flights last night to Thursday morning. We'll have most of the day Thursday now, we're on the same flight we were taking Friday morning. Cost a small fortune, but at least we know we'll get there. Hotel wasn't a problem. Although, not sure what to make of this, or if I ruined my upgraded chances, but when I talked to her about adding the night, she said. " Okay, so your booked in a Tower MK view room?" Umm, no, Garden Wing Garden View. I didn't know what to say, but I wasn't paying the upgrade and the tower wasn't available on my pin I knew that, have asked several times. Even if it was, at this point we're not spending anymore. So she just said, "oh I see okay, yup Garden Wing, it's available" and added the night. Not sure if she was just looking wrong or if our room category was already upgraded and she made the mistake of saying it. ???!??!:confused3

Whatever, had no choice in the matter. Probably changing the res wiped out whatever was already assigned though. Blah if it was an upgrade, but such is life. I probably need to re-do my online check-in, better do that now.

That's great that you were able to change your flight... sorry it cost an arm & a leg! Looks like the storm isn't going to make a direct hit so hopefully you'll just have a rainy day. But now you'll have the extra day to make up for it. :thumbsup2

So glad that you are getting on the Thursday flight. I agree that it wasn't worth the risk to wait for SW to give you the option of a freebie.

So. Um. With your extra day - and things shifting about - will our paths cross now? ;)

So glad that you are getting on the Thursday flight. I agree that it wasn't worth the risk to wait for SW to give you the option of a freebie.

So. Um. With your extra day - and things shifting about - will our paths cross now? ;)

I don't think so. :sad1: I am not changing any of the itinerary really. We will probably go to Epcot Friday morning now for morning EMH and since if it's pouring rain I think Epcot in the Pavillions is the best place to be. Indoor rides and all. We'll go to MK after we arrive as planned, but Thursday now. I'm looking at Dining now to see if I should book something for Thursday or not. Not sure I'll keep Tony's for Friday. Need to show DH the menu again and make that call tonight. Was grabbing Coral Reef for 6pm Thursday since the kids did like that place, but it disappeared as I was trying to book it apparently. Blah.

Whew! At least that's one less thing to worry about, right? Sorry it had to cost you, though... that's a bummer!

The time has come, a little earlier than planned!!!! In 24 hours we'll be somewhere above the East Coast by now...on our way! :yay: Looking like the storm isn't gonna impact Orlando much at all which is good, but here at home might get hammered pretty good. And let's throw in the earthquake yesterday for good measure. Someone seems to have forgotten that the Northeast isn't supposed to get earthquakes and hurricanes, but we're getting both in one week!

That was a strange feeling. I was sitting there and started feeling very strange and was thinking, why am I dizzy, shaking, but I felt fine, it was the strangest sensation then a picture on the wall started rattling and I thought, it's not me, it's the ground shaking. OMG earthquake. It wasn't strong up here, we're pretty far from Virginia, but it rocked steadily for over 30 seconds, it was long. The fish was perturbed.

I'm glad we'll be getting out a day early ahead of everything, travel will be disrupted Friday and Saturday for sure somewhere and I'm glad I don't have to worry about it affecting us. I'll bet it doesn't now that we changed, but if we hadn't, it would have. Never fails. And we get an extra day!

So, boarding passes are issued, we got B boarding in various places and I can't get the kids passes until we get to the airport for the outbound since I got them child fares when I re-booked at the more expensive fare the other day. They have to be age verified before getting their boarding pass. I have stuff all over my room right now, just need to start putting it INTO the suitcases. One more laundry load and run to the store for a few things and we're done. :goodvibes

We're here and having fun! Some rain storms yesterday, but been mostly nice. Saw the parade and the Eric on the castle during Memories last night. Then watched Wishes, but view from in front of the castle sucks! I think I got some great pictures though. I hope. I lost my waist/fanny pack with my rx sunglasses and the Epcot passports on Nemo Friday. Hoping to it back today.

Home is getting slammed by Irene right now. Fingers crossed our basement holds out.

Glad you're having a good time!

Oh, no... hope you get your pack back! My oldest DD lost hers once... I think it was on the Pooh ride. She had a habit of taking her fanny pack off when she got in the rides, especially if the ride had a lap bar that came down. She got off the ride and totally forgot about her pack! We were able to pick it up the next day at the lost & found at the TTC. Whew!

We're at the airport now sitting at the gate waiting for our flight. The long awaited trip is over. :( We had fun though and I can't wait to start my first trip report full of earthquakes, hurricanes, thunderstorms, bathroom leaks, changing rooms, pool closures, ride malfunctions, and more...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter