The MAGIC is Back!!! ~ WBTA 2014 ~ Come & join the fun!

What is your favourite name for the cruise?

• The MAGIC is Back! ~ WBTA 2014

• From Sangrias to Pina Colada's ~ WBTA 2014

• Cruisin la Vida Loca ~ WBTA 2014

• WBTA 2014 ~ We're Bringin' the Adventure

• We're Back in the Atlantic 2014 (WBTA)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we update , we are in 2066 on the transatlantic and then 6150 on the first purto Rico

We'll try not to trash the place too badly coming across the pond! ;)

(We're in 6150 for the WBTA.)

We were actually thinking about staying for the PR cruise, too, but I guess now we have to get out!

We were actually thinking about staying for the PR cruise, too, but I guess now we have to get out!

We added the 1st PR cruise too to make a B2B but didn't decided to add it on until just a few weeks ago. We couldn't get the same cabin but got the one next door....we just have to pack our cases and leave them in the cabin and the stateroom host will move them for us...

Go for it and join us in the B2B! :cheer2:

:wave2:

Hi all, hope everyone has had a good Easter. I've been away this week so will catch up with this thread over the next day or two.

The vote for the lanyard colour has now finished and with over 52% of the vote we have a winner.....

Lime green with black lettering. :goodvibes

Hi all, hope everyone has had a good Easter. I've been away this week so will catch up with this thread over the next day or two.

The vote for the lanyard colour has now finished and with over 52% of the vote we have a winner.....

Lime green with black lettering. :goodvibes

Hope you had a great time:goodvibes

:thumbsup2 glad the lanyard's colour has been sorted.

Hello everyone

I hope everyone is well and has had a lovely Easter weekend?

I have a couple questions regarding flights with connections. I have only been on direct flights in the past, so I want to be a prepared as what to do with changing airlines. The questions are probably silly to those who have experiance in this but it will stop my mind thinking silly things. So here we go.

1, What happens if our flight is delayed and we miss our connecting flight? (not our fault) Is it up to the airline to get you on the next flight and find you accomodation if there is not one until the next day?

2, Do you have to collect your luggage from the carousel and check it in again for the connecting flight? Or does it go straight to the connecting flight?

I apologise if these are silly questions and the answers are obvious but I just want to know what to expect.

Generally, if you miss a connecting flight due to the airlines delay, they put you on the next flight. If there are several people on your flight with connecting flights they might even hold the connecting flight for a few minutes if that will get you on it. If you are booking 2 different flights with 2 different airlines (which I have done before, especially for international) then the 1st airline is not responsible for you missing the flight on the 2nd airline.

Generally, again, you don't need to get your luggage - the airline transfers it from one of their planes to another. Again, if 2 different airlines, then you need to get your luggage.

However, if you are flying internationally, and your first leg gets you to a different country, and then you move on from there (fly into NYC, for example, then connecting flight to Orlando), I seem to recall you have to get your luggage and go through customs before you can board the other flight? NOt sure about this though.

Hello everyone

I hope everyone is well and has had a lovely Easter weekend?

I have a couple questions regarding flights with connections. I have only been on direct flights in the past, so I want to be a prepared as what to do with changing airlines. The questions are probably silly to those who have experiance in this but it will stop my mind thinking silly things. So here we go.

1, What happens if our flight is delayed and we miss our connecting flight? (not our fault) Is it up to the airline to get you on the next flight and find you accomodation if there is not one until the next day?

2, Do you have to collect your luggage from the carousel and check it in again for the connecting flight? Or does it go straight to the connecting flight?

I apologise if these are silly questions and the answers are obvious but I just want to know what to expect.

Generally, if you miss a connecting flight due to the airlines delay, they put you on the next flight. If there are several people on your flight with connecting flights they might even hold the connecting flight for a few minutes if that will get you on it. If you are booking 2 different flights with 2 different airlines (which I have done before, especially for international) then the 1st airline is not responsible for you missing the flight on the 2nd airline.

Generally, again, you don't need to get your luggage - the airline transfers it from one of their planes to another. Again, if 2 different airlines, then you need to get your luggage.

However, if you are flying internationally, and your first leg gets you to a different country, and then you move on from there (fly into NYC, for example, then connecting flight to Orlando), I seem to recall you have to get your luggage and go through customs before you can board the other flight? NOt sure about this though.

Basically what is posted here is correct, as far as from what I have encountered. When I used to fly from Canada to the US and had a connecting flight (usually in Atlanta), we had to get our luggage, and then clear customs, and then go to the new gate. I'm going to assume, that coming from an international flight into the US, or back home from the US, would be the same. I'm about to find out for this cruise though.

As well, if you happen to be delayed getting to your connecting flight, and it is infact the airlines fault/problem, then they have to get you on the next 'available' flight. That may not be the actual next flight. But they generally will do their best to get you flying....even if it's on another airline. Having said that, they don't always tend to put you up in a hotel for the night. You will be waiting at the airport...depending on the airport.

Just hope and keep your fingers crossed that things go smoothly and not of this will be an issue. As well, I try to find flights, that if I have to connect somewhere, I have time between them. I had a 40 min layover for one flight, and that is just not enough time. Your running. If it's an international layover, look for a good window of time, just in case:goodvibes

It looks like we might be flying Jet Blue from San Juan - New York, then Aer Lingus from New York - Shannon, then same airline Shannon - Manchester.

Who knows there might be some changes when the actually dates are released.

It looks like we might be flying Jet Blue from San Juan - New York, then Aer Lingus from New York - Shannon, then same airline Shannon - Manchester.

Who knows there might be some changes when the actually dates are released.

Hi Emma

I have been searching around for flight from San Juan to Edinburgh.. seem like Jet Blue to New York then NY to Edinburgh same name flight Aer Lingus.

I see one cheaper from San Jan to Edinburgh but my friend told me that Lufthansa, it was nightmare last year that put me off. That flight go to Germany oh dear.

Not easy... I am not sure if luggages will go through both flight or you pick it up at NY? If you book together with ebookers another company. I think luggages will go through without pick it up.

If you book separate then you have to pick the luggages up at NY.

Two years ago we booked Florida with three different stopover and we didn't pick our luggages as it went through all the way to Florida.

I still searching about the flights:surfweb: Not sure stay overnight at San Juan or flight home depend on my daughter school.

Scottishwee35

Hi Emma

I have been searching around for flight from San Juan to Edinburgh.. seem like Jet Blue to New York then NY to Edinburgh same name flight Aer Lingus.

I see one cheaper from San Jan to Edinburgh but my friend told me that Lufthansa, it was nightmare last year that put me off. That flight go to Germany oh dear.

Not easy... I am not sure if luggages will go through both flight or you pick it up at NY? If you book together with ebookers another company. I think luggages will go through without pick it up.

If you book separate then you have to pick the luggages up at NY.

Two years ago we booked Florida with three different stopover and we didn't pick our luggages as it went through all the way to Florida.

I still searching about the flights:surfweb: Not sure stay overnight at San Juan or flight home depend on my daughter school.

Scottishwee35

Hi,

I have the same problem with my son and school. I would like to stay overnight in NY and see if I can get a day flight back on the Sunday but there does not seem to be any day flights.

Anyway I will still carry on searching at least we still have enough time to sort things out.

We added the 1st PR cruise too to make a B2B but didn't decided to add it on until just a few weeks ago. We couldn't get the same cabin but got the one next door....we just have to pack our cases and leave them in the cabin and the stateroom host will move them for us...

Go for it and join us in the B2B! :cheer2:

:wave2:

There is a positive in this. Most of your packing will be done. That Southern is not onoly port intensive, there is no sea day or Castaway Cay day right before disembarkation. Packing up as much as you can on the previous cruise will be very helpful.

Hi all. What a fun group you all are and so organized -- love that. We are very excited to be on the WBTA in 2014 with all of you. I'm Judy and my DH is Jeff (Jeff T on the boards) and we are in stateroom 6130. We are from the Pittsburgh PA area and love all things Disney, including cruising. The WBTA will be my 5th Disney cruise and Jeff's 4th. We are also on the Magic for the June 1, 2013, Med cruise.

With all those sea days, we would love to find people who like to play cards. We play pinochle, euchre, cribbage, rummy and many more. Looking forward to meeting everyone and making lots of new friends.

Hi all. What a fun group you all are and so organized -- love that. We are very excited to be on the WBTA in 2014 with all of you. I'm Judy and my DH is Jeff (Jeff T on the boards) and we are in stateroom 6130. We are from the Pittsburgh PA area and love all things Disney, including cruising. The WBTA will be my 5th Disney cruise and Jeff's 4th. We are also on the Magic for the June 1, 2013, Med cruise.

With all those sea days, we would love to find people who like to play cards. We play pinochle, euchre, cribbage, rummy and many more. Looking forward to meeting everyone and making lots of new friends.

DW, MWMom(Skye) and I play cards also. Have never played cribbage, but have played all the rest. A little out of practice though as no one plays pinochle here in Washington State.

Kevin

DW, MWMom(Skye) and I play cards also. Have never played cribbage, but have played all the rest. A little out of practice though as no one plays pinochle here in Washington State.

Kevin
I'm not the best card player, but I enjoy it a lot. I really didn't play much until we moved from Arizona to Pennsylvania -- people in AZ don't play a lot of cards either.

We are also on the June 1st Med cruise :) :) can't wait!

We are also on the June 1st Med cruise :) :) can't wait!
So we're on both together -- awesome! We are late dining for the Med cruise in June (all those excursions--don't want to rush back) and the early dining for the WBTA. I'm so excited. I've never been to Europe, so this is all new to me. Our cruises have all been in the Bahamas or Caribbean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter