• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The MAGIC is Back!!! ~ WBTA 2014 ~ Come & join the fun!

What is your favourite name for the cruise?

• The MAGIC is Back! ~ WBTA 2014

• From Sangrias to Pina Colada's ~ WBTA 2014

• Cruisin la Vida Loca ~ WBTA 2014

• WBTA 2014 ~ We're Bringin' the Adventure

• We're Back in the Atlantic 2014 (WBTA)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember if it was the Med. cruise or the WBTA 2011, but one night at 10:00 pm (towards the end of the cruise) there was a "chocolate lover's delight" buffet. :scared: It was in Lumiere's. Chocolate as far as the eye could see. I've never seen anything like it. White chocolate, dark chocolate, Mickey Mouse chocolate statues, mousse, cakes, tarts, etc. A whole separate table of delicious-looking sugar-free (is there such a thing??? :goodvibes) chocolate desserts.If I can remember tonight, I'll get some of my pictures and post them. Ga-yaya......can you remember which one it was?

So they do have a chocolate buffet on one of their cruises. I'm in if they another one!!!! :cool1:

We had a dessert buffet on the 2010 WBTA. Problem was it was the same night as John Charles' adult show which with a lot of prompting from the audience - ran long. We got to the dessert buffet within the timeframe but they had already started packing up! Not that I was hungry but I do like going to grab pictures!!!

Thanks so very much for arranging this! Although it sounds early, I remember last time we were so excited that it didn't seem to matter! I also thought the timing was perfect, and with an even larger group this time, that will be a good thing.

In 2010, we had a Praktik Rambla DIS photo taken in the lounge on the 2nd floor 8:30 and went right from there to wait for the bus to arrive around 8:45. I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem like we waited very long after getting dropped off before we got inside the terminal. I do remember that we were amongst the first inside, which meant that we were under cover as we waited for the doors to open. This will be much appreciated should the weather be wet and rainy like it was when we were waiting for the bus on embarkation morning.

I'll also must stay that the price of US$10 is excellent! I looked and found that we paid US$14 per person in 2010. Way to go Susan! :cheer2:

Some people got in earlier than others (not saying who -Amy) I think it was only like 30-40 minutes.

Intro :wave2:

We are Ed & Karen and we are Disneyaholics, Disney-crazy, we live and breathe Disney ... you get the picture

I (Karen) am a Braustralian-American! What's that? I was born in Britain, raised in Australia, and living my married life in the US. My accent is a mixture of all three countries, but people outside of the US would definitely class me as American - my mother certainly does ;)

Ed was born and raised in Seattle and during my vacation to America, I visited with him and 3 weeks later he proposed. We will be celebrating our 33rd anniversary in Barcelona just before this cruise.

We own a Janitorial company in Portland Oregon, which has paid for our Disney obsessions since 1987. Disneyland is our first love, but on our 10th anniversary our hearts opened to embrace Disney World. On our 25th anniversary we took our first Disney cruise, which had us wondering what had taken us so long to discover this new joy. For our 30th anniversary our goal was to spend 30 nights on a Disney ship which we completed on the first night of our Alaskan cruise last year for a total of 36 nights of Disney cruising in one year. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves as the extra 10 lbs we carry around can attest to.

We're looking forward to meeting up with friends old and new on this cruise, and making more Disney memories to cherish :goodvibes

36 days and only 10 pounds????

Buckeye Gal said:
The ship left Barcelona on Sept 18, 2010. Our weather on the WBTA in 2010 cruise itself was AMAZING!!! Like your voyage (so I hear), the ocean was like glass. In fact, there was one day that the clouds perfectly reflected on the ocean's surface! It was unbelievable! There was only one day that it rained for a very brief amount of time.

As for the 2 full days I was in Barcelona prior to the cruise, and we did have some downpours there a few times.

The ocean was like glass except maybe the 2nd or third days when we were leaving the Med into the Atlantic. They told us that the mixing of the waters always make that choppy due to the temperature differences.

Shaken, not Stirred

I'll be coordinating the DIS private martini tasting. We should have a fair amount of leeway regarding which martinis we want to sample. I suggest starting with a traditional martini as part of the learning experience. After that, what's your favorite? Cosmopolitan? Lemon Drop? Wedding Cake? Chocolate? (I bet I got some smiles on that last one!)

Let me know!

If you are interested, please PM me with the information stated in the Rules (more like guidelines, really) on page 1.

Here is the list so far:

mdwoodman 6650 Michael & Michele Woodman 2
MedicGoofy 6611 Jenn Green 1
liesbeth1012 6642 Elisabeth Bakker 1
pharmjenn 1037 Jenn & Jim 2
pharmjenn 1039 Bob 1
su_kraft Sue & Glenn 2
su_kraft Mark & Juanita 2
su_kraft Michelle & Ryan 2
Pflamingo 5622 Pat & Dennis 2

Michael

....Some people got in earlier than others (not saying who -Amy) I think it was only like 30-40 minutes....

Oh. We don't need a repeat of that, and I KNOW she doesn't! :sick: I've never been so scared that we were going to have to leave someone behind in another country.

I love the term Braustralian-American! You absolutely raised my eyebrow on that one! I'm anxious to hear this Braustralian-American accent now!

Your story of meeting Ed to being blissfully married 31 years is fantastic! :lovestruc

Kimberly, you must be very intuitive ... you are right our marriage has been blissful :goodvibes

I would love to talk with you, and we would have lots to talk about as i too love to craft, scrapook, bake, learn about my DSLR and I'm addicted to pinterest :) I just love the idea of your twins going on people's adventures .. too cute

My Secret Mickey on Hawaii cruise didn't gift so I was really disappointed.

Sorry to hear that Noel, you are always so generous with your gifts it's sad it wasn't reciprocated.

Karen......ain't it the truth!!!!!:rotfl:

It will be so much fun sailing with you and Ed again. Don't forget to pack that cute tee-shirt with the ruffles :thumbsup2

We look forward to seeing you too, we have such fond memories of the boat trip across to Virgin Gorda with you guys. I think of you when I wear my shirt, so many people have complimented me on it, I can't believe I left the ship without purchasing it!

We had a dessert buffet on the 2010 WBTA. Problem was it was the same night as John Charles' adult show which with a lot of prompting from the audience - ran long. We got to the dessert buffet within the timeframe but they had already started packing up! Not that I was hungry but I do like going to grab pictures!!!

That was quite disappointing if I remember rightly as we had been looking forward to that even if all I would have been able to eat was a choccy dipped strawberry ! I don't even remember there being a dessert buffet offered on WBTA 2011 :confused3 :confused3

We took a Royal Caribbean cruise earlier this month, and had a blast....but agree "it wasn't Disney

That what I felt when my family and I were on Freedom of the Seas.. we had a great times but I like Magic best :flower3: We are going to Splendour of the Seas on July with deaf groups and I have been told that Splendour is small than Magic

I cannot wait to go on Magic next year :cool1:

TotallyAngelic said:
That was quite disappointing if I remember rightly as we had been looking forward to that even if all I would have been able to eat was a choccy dipped strawberry ! I don't even remember there being a dessert buffet offered on WBTA 2011 :confused3 :confused3

We found it in very small writing on the bak of the navigator, but all I managed to take was photos rather than participate in eating any due to being so full from dinner!

Just curious - with all the initial activity, I don't know if I missed it or if no one has taken ownership yet so I thought I would just ask...

Is anyone coordinating a MIXOLOGY tasting?

Thanks,
Mel

Shaken, not Stirred

I'll be coordinating the DIS private martini tasting. We should have a fair amount of leeway regarding which martinis we want to sample. I suggest starting with a traditional martini as part of the learning experience. After that, what's your favorite? Cosmopolitan? Lemon Drop? Wedding Cake? Chocolate? (I bet I got some smiles on that last one!)

Let me know!

If you are interested, please PM me with the information stated in the Rules (more like guidelines, really) on page 1.

Here is the list so far:

mdwoodman 6650 Michael & Michele Woodman 2
MedicGoofy 6611 Jenn Green 1
liesbeth1012 6642 Elisabeth Bakker 1
pharmjenn 1037 Jenn & Jim 2
pharmjenn 1039 Bob 1
su_kraft Sue & Glenn 2
su_kraft Mark & Juanita 2
su_kraft Michelle & Ryan 2
Pflamingo 5622 Pat & Dennis 2

Michael

Michael - I have updated the first page with your list. :thumbsup2

Just curious - with all the initial activity, I don't know if I missed it or if no one has taken ownership yet so I thought I would just ask...

Is anyone coordinating a MIXOLOGY tasting?

Thanks,
Mel

Nope not yet, we have Rum Cocktails but no Mixology.......ANY TAKERS?????

Dgentrysim said:
Also.....any takers for the beer tastings????!!!! My husband is wearing me out asking if anyone has started a list for it. :drinking1

And if someone wants to take on Chocolate tasting, I'd be their friend forever!!,!,

Also.....any takers for the beer tastings????!!!! My husband is wearing me out asking if anyone has started a list for it. :drinking1

Deb, we'll take that on, well, my DH, Roy will. ;) Could someone send me a pm on how coordinating the tastings with Disney works? How much it cost? He has done the wine tastings previously when we've been on the Magic so he has a feel of how Disney conducts tastings.

So whoever is interested in the beer tasting, please pm me your Dis board name, your name, and your cabin number. Also if you can indicate a preference to ales, lager, etc.

This should be fun.

As Claire quite rightly stated, we missed it because we were all probably in the bar or terrorising the Kids Club staff with our antics :lmao::lmao:

Deb, we'll take that on, well, my DH, Roy will. ;) Could someone send me a pm on how coordinating the tastings with Disney works? How much it cost? He has done the wine tastings previously when we've been on the Magic so he has a feel of how Disney conducts tastings.

So whoever is interested in the beer tasting, please pm me your Dis board name, your name, and your cabin number. Also if you can indicate a preference to ales or dark beers.

This should be fun.

Bless you my child!! :worship::worship: Now my DH will be happy.....and you know if DH is happy......EVERYONE is happy! I guess I should be blessing your husband!!! ;)! I'll be sending you a pm with my husband's name (the only beer I've ever had contact with was when I use to put it on my hair after washing it.....suppose to make it shine. Couldn't prove it by me....so I stopped cold turkey! :confused3). Please let Claire (Pinky 166) know that your husband will be heading up the beer tasting so she can set it up on the 1st page of this thread.

So whoever is interested in the beer tasting, please pm me your Dis board name, your name, and your cabin number. Also if you can indicate a preference to ales or dark beers.

This should be fun.

Thanks for volunteering Lisa / Roy. I will PM you shortly with some info and i'll also add the event to the 1st page. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter