The MAGIC is Back!!! ~ WBTA 2014 ~ Come & join the fun!

What is your favourite name for the cruise?

• The MAGIC is Back! ~ WBTA 2014

• From Sangrias to Pina Colada's ~ WBTA 2014

• Cruisin la Vida Loca ~ WBTA 2014

• WBTA 2014 ~ We're Bringin' the Adventure

• We're Back in the Atlantic 2014 (WBTA)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember if it was the Med. cruise or the WBTA 2011, but one night at 10:00 pm (towards the end of the cruise) there was a "chocolate lover's delight" buffet. :scared: It was in Lumiere's. Chocolate as far as the eye could see. I've never seen anything like it. White chocolate, dark chocolate, Mickey Mouse chocolate statues, mousse, cakes, tarts, etc. A whole separate table of delicious-looking sugar-free (is there such a thing??? :goodvibes) chocolate desserts.If I can remember tonight, I'll get some of my pictures and post them. Ga-yaya......can you remember which one it was?

So they do have a chocolate buffet on one of their cruises. I'm in if they another one!!!! :cool1:

Was that the midnight Dessert Buffett? I do remember that, but was still too full from dinner to participate. Next time I would be sure to eat a small dinner so I could enjoy it :)

Here are some photo's of the "desert" buffet on the WBTA 2011. I have tasted some of it, but as Annemarie said we had late dining and are still full of diner that night.
We missed it on our Hawaii cruise. Our server didn't mentioned it and I saw it later on the navigator on evening snacks.

316040_303786686305586_642088344_n.jpg

308310_303786966305558_1294537186_n.jpg

314704_303787019638886_1711889977_n.jpg

I am not a fan of getting up early either ... but at least for me being European this will REALLY be 8.30 am, while for you freshly arrived from the States and still on your own internal clock, it will be 2.30 am :crazy2:

That would be 12:30 Am for us in the PNW, Go to bed time.

Kevin

Is that the extent of your introduction!!??!! Nice to see you joining us!! Now just need to get TheDisneyGirl02 on here!!![/QUOTE]

Yep, I am a man of few words.

Hi Debs

There's usually one on most cruises, it's for the Teen Club graduation party, they get to have a dessert party and then, when they are finished, they let us all in. We went to it on WBTA 2010, but felt completely sick after it, but can't remember being in the vicinity on WBTA 2011

Thats because we were always in the bar! :rotfl2:

So any volunteers to arrange the Chocolate Tasting event as it seems so popular???? :rolleyes1

Hi everyone! If you are on the hotel list I need a note from you confirming that you are indeed interested, or that you want to drop.

IF you are interested please let me know ASAP so that I can keep the list updated.

You do not need to pay now! You just need to confirm that you want a room.

Thanks!

Hi Sue,

I sent you an e-mail and also wanted to confirm here that we definitely want to book a room for three at Hotel Praktik Rambla and also sign up for the bus to the port.

Thanks a lot.
Carole, Mike and Jenny

Here's our intro.

I'm Anja, married to Bruce for 15 years. We have 5 kids, at cruise time boys age 15 and 13, and girls age 11, 8 and 5. We live near Lawrence, KS, about half an hour from Kansas City.

We've gone to WDW several times as a family, and took our first cruise on the Magic in 2012. Bruce and I snuck away for our 15th anniversary and took a 4 night cruise on the Dream last October. We took a Royal Caribbean cruise earlier this month, and had a blast....but agree "it wasn't Disney".

I'm a little overwhelmed trying to figure out pre-cruise hotel, since most rooms hold two people. Hopefully we can squeeze into two triples somewhere. I don't want to have two of our kids sleeping alone in a hotel room in a foreign country. Also, keeping fingers crossed that we will find a decently priced flight. Iceland air, Aer Lingus, what else? I guess it's still too soon.

So glad that there are other obsessive planners our there!!!

Looking forward to meeting all of you.

Here's a quick intro for our family.

We are the Hennen's from Red Wing, MN (famous for Red Wing Boots and Red Wing Pottery!)

Adults are: Andrea (cruisinmom) 43 (celebrating 45th on cruise) and Andrew 42
Kids: Noah 18, Rachel 9, Sarah 9, and Emma 7. (Son Zachary 19 and Mathew 20 are in college and not cruising with us this time)

If you noticed we had two sets of kids....yep, I got itchy in my thirties for more and because DH had a vasectomy we adopted three beauties from China.

We aren't as big of Disney fans as some of you, not that we don't want to be, but MN is a long way from Florida and California! However, we do have the Disney Store in the Mall of America.....does that give us any points???

My first time at Disney World was when I was 16 and since then I think I've done DW about 4 times and Disney Cruise twice (once with the three boys and once with the three girls). I can't wait to bring the girls to Disney World but we don't have plans for that yet. Maybe before our B2B on the Dream in Jan. 2014?

We have sailed three other cruise lines besides Disney and found Disney to be the best! Our goal is to become part of the regulars on the TA cruises.....is there room for us?

Learning so much from the BTDT's so keep the advice, stories, and info. Coming!

cruisinmom said:
Here's a quick intro for our family.

We have sailed three other cruise lines besides Disney and found Disney to be the best! Our goal is to become part of the regulars on the TA cruises.....is there room for us?

Learning so much from the BTDT's so keep the advice, stories, and info. Coming!

This group is an ever growing family :) Welcome x

Copied from the facebook group...

BARCELONA BUS TO PORT...
In addition to the Hotel Praktik Rambla I have been in touch with a bus provider......

..... both buses will pick up at the Hotel Praktik Rambla. I have not set a time as yet, but I would think that we did a 8:30 bus arrival last time and that worked great! We took 30-45 minutes to load the bus, and then is was a short drive to the port. We unloaded luggage to the porters from the bus, and then got in line to board the Magic!.....

Thanks so very much for arranging this! Although it sounds early, I remember last time we were so excited that it didn't seem to matter! I also thought the timing was perfect, and with an even larger group this time, that will be a good thing.

In 2010, we had a Praktik Rambla DIS photo taken in the lounge on the 2nd floor 8:30 and went right from there to wait for the bus to arrive around 8:45. I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem like we waited very long after getting dropped off before we got inside the terminal. I do remember that we were amongst the first inside, which meant that we were under cover as we waited for the doors to open. This will be much appreciated should the weather be wet and rainy like it was when we were waiting for the bus on embarkation morning.

I'll also must stay that the price of US$10 is excellent! I looked and found that we paid US$14 per person in 2010. Way to go Susan! :cheer2:

Intro :wave2:

We are Ed & Karen and we are Disneyaholics, Disney-crazy, we live and breathe Disney ... you get the picture

I (Karen) am a Braustralian-American! What's that? I was born in Britain, raised in Australia, and living my married life in the US. My accent is a mixture of all three countries, but people outside of the US would definitely class me as American - my mother certainly does ;)

Ed was born and raised in Seattle and during my vacation to America, I visited with him and 3 weeks later he proposed. We will be celebrating our 33rd anniversary in Barcelona just before this cruise.

We own a Janitorial company in Portland Oregon, which has paid for our Disney obsessions since 1987. Disneyland is our first love, but on our 10th anniversary our hearts opened to embrace Disney World. On our 25th anniversary we took our first Disney cruise, which had us wondering what had taken us so long to discover this new joy. For our 30th anniversary our goal was to spend 30 nights on a Disney ship which we completed on the first night of our Alaskan cruise last year for a total of 36 nights of Disney cruising in one year. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves as the extra 10 lbs we carry around can attest to.

We're looking forward to meeting up with friends old and new on this cruise, and making more Disney memories to cherish :goodvibes

Kimberly, we had the most gorgeous weather for the TA in 2011 it was mid September and not a drop of rain in sight in Barcelona, what time of year was the cruise in 2010?

Intro :wave2:

We are Ed & Karen and we are Disneyaholics, Disney-crazy, we live and breathe Disney ... you get the picture

I (Karen) am a Braustralian-American! What's that? I was born in Britain, raised in Australia, and living my married life in the US....

Ed was born and raised in Seattle and during my vacation to America, I visited with him and 3 weeks later he proposed. We will be celebrating our 33rd anniversary in Barcelona just before this cruise.....

I love the term Braustralian-American! You absolutely raised my eyebrow on that one! I'm anxious to hear this Braustralian-American accent now!

Your story of meeting Ed to being blissfully married 31 years is fantastic! :lovestruc

Kimberly, we had the most gorgeous weather for the TA in 2011 it was mid September and not a drop of rain in sight in Barcelona, what time of year was the cruise in 2010?

The ship left Barcelona on Sept 18, 2010. Our weather on the WBTA in 2010 cruise itself was AMAZING!!! Like your voyage (so I hear), the ocean was like glass. In fact, there was one day that the clouds perfectly reflected on the ocean's surface! It was unbelievable! There was only one day that it rained for a very brief amount of time.

As for the 2 full days I was in Barcelona prior to the cruise, and we did have some downpours there a few times.

Hi everyone! If you are on the hotel list I need a note from you confirming that you are indeed interested, or that you want to drop.

IF you are interested please let me know ASAP so that I can keep the list updated.

You do not need to pay now! You just need to confirm that you want a room.

Thanks!

Sue, definitely in for the hotel (at least as definitely as we can be a year-and-a-half away!!!). I seriously question whether I can drag Michele out of bed for an 8:30 bus. [Jodie, you may have an Angry Mike but you don't want to see an Angry Michele! :scared: ] In 2010, the ship didn't leave port until 8 or 9. Was it the same in 2011?

Michael

mdwoodman said:
Sue, definitely in for the hotel (at least as definitely as we can be a year-and-a-half away!!!). I seriously question whether I can drag Michele out of bed for an 8:30 bus. [Jodie, you may have an Angry Mike but you don't want to see an Angry Michele! :scared: ] In 2010, the ship didn't leave port until 8 or 9. Was it the same in 2011?

Michael

Yes We had a non sailaway party at about 4pm but didn't sail until around 9:30pm

JustAnnieNotHazel said:
Yes We had a non sailaway party at about 4pm but didn't sail until around 9:30pm

Yeah I remember we didn't leave until we were at dinner...that's when we felt the thrusters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter