The List: Things to bring to WDWCP!

AliceInWonderland89

⭐A Dream is a Wish your heart makes⭐
I was wondering for past and new CP-ers.....what all would you suggest to bring with you? Just wondering! Thanks!:mickeybar :earsboy:

Well definitely bring your clothing!!! If you're driving go ahead and bring bedding and toilitries(sp?) If you're flying bring your clothing and some toiltries(sp?) because you can get bedding, decorations, etc when you get down there.

Don't forget you are going to be going home with more stuff then what you brought. So remember that.

I'm not a person who really hangs up her clothes.. lol

But, for those of you who do.. hangers are VERY scarce the first couple weeks when you get to Orlando. Well, they were when I was there anyways. So, I'd definitely suggest that. Also, if you have a computer, I'd bring it.

I was wondering for past and new CP-ers.....what all would you suggest to bring with you? Just wondering! Thanks!:mickeybar :earsboy:

-Bed risers! They'll raise your bed 6-8 inches or something...It adds a lot of storage room. I was able to put all of my suitcases and my laundry basket all under my bed.

I also would suggest pre-ordering things that you are going to buy once you're down moving in. You can order things on the Walmart website and then pick them up at the store in Orlando. This makes it muuuch easier. With so many people moving in at the same time a lot of things you may want will be gone. My mom and I went to Walmart, Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, and Linens and Things before we got everyhting I'd need! "Site-to Store" will make sure you have everything you need all at once!!

-You'll want things like extra cooking pans and pots and baking sheets and stirring things. What they give you isn't all that great.
-Padding for your bed. They aren't very comfortable
-A t.v./dvd.vcr player
-laptop
-wireless router
-lots of hangers
-I had a hanging shoe rack in the closet for my shoes
-bulletin board/dry erase board (my roommates and I would write our schedules down every week so we'd know when everyone was working)
-pictures/decorations. Those apartments walls are very blank and bare.
-bathroom rug
-vacuum. You may not want to trudge all the way to the front desk to borrow one
-broom/swiffer
-a storage cart thing (like rubbermaid three drawer plastic thing) I had extra room in my room so I got one of these for extra drawer space. It was great.

That's all I can think of for now :)

bring a roll of toilet paper with you in your luggage. you can buy more, but it can be a bad situation to move in, need it, and not have it.

i don't think it's necessary to bring extra pots and pans. the ones we had were fine. that's just one more thing you have to take down there with you and one more thing you have to bring back... and if you're flying it can get quite expensive.

my brother had to buy extra pots and pans
they only give you a few
but im going to wait till i get down there to see whats available first
and bringing toilet paper cant hurt
your gonna use it eventually

The walmart near the vista way or w.e apartsments...the one the bus goes to...does anyone know the zip for that? if accepted...im gunna drive and ill use site-to-store, you just order the stuff you need online and it ships it to the walmart location..rather convienent eh.

adding to the list id say....

rugs -bathroom
ipod dock/alarm clock if you like to have music like i do
b/r shower caddy for your shampoos and such
door hanging towel rack
ive heard bed risers are useful too so you can put some things under your bed as space in the room is limited.

I'm curious as to how many clothes you should bring. How many shirts, jeans, dress pants for classes, etc.

M O N E Y!!!!! Ok, let me explain. If you are a college student who has no monthly bills (i.e. credit cards to pay on, insurance of any kind, cell phone bill) you will do just fine money-wise. If you have several bills to pay every month, it may be very hard for you to have extra money to go out and actually do anything in Orlando. This was part of my experience anyway. I even had to borrow extra money from my parents during my CP program so that I could stay affloat and I came back in even more debt than when I had left. I'm not trying to scare anyone. However, I also worked in DAK which has the least amount of hours available of the 4 parks and we also had a LOT of CPs at Everest where I worked so hours were just above the 30 hour mark a week which is what they are required to give you. Do NOT misunderstand what I am saying.... I LOVED THE DISNEY CP and I do not regret doing it at all.. however, I don't think I am financially able to do it again.. haha. I did stay seasonal though and am going back next weekend to work a couple days and have a reunion with a couple of my roommates. So in summary, I suggest you save up around $600 to take with you to get you started and then just use your money wisely. :)

Thanks for all of the responses!:goodvibes My arrival date is May 20th so I better start packing and getting ready realll soon!

I havent been there yet but I think I'll most definatly be bringing a toaster oven. I use that thing more than a microwave! I hate weird soggy tasting foods that I feel microwaves do. Eww...gimmie some hot crunchy food!

Thanks for all of the responses!:goodvibes My arrival date is May 20th so I better start packing and getting ready realll soon!

Congrats on getting accepted!!!:cheer2: I wish I can get a response soon! But since I'm trying to go for Character Performer...I wouldn't know until the middle of April! and its KILLING me!!! lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter