• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The line cutting and shoving condundrum...

I've been to DLP & WDW & I'm sorry to say I only experience this sort of rudeness in DLP. There was even one instance where my husband and I took our place in front of the castle 4 the nighttime parade & fireworks the usual hour or so before anything started. Had no problem during the parade but once everyone turned to view the fireworks we were being shoved in every direction by ppl who couldn't be bothered to be there on time to get a good spot. We were determined to try to hold onto our spot -without any pushing or shoving only to have 1 of the latecomers who was causing all the issues to start screaming at us and accusing us of pushing and shoving everyone out of the way. I nearly died with embarrassment & all i could manage to yell back was a pathetic line something like 'we've been here since before the parade' We just about managed to hold our ground but to this day I still dread the push & shove fest 4 the parades/fireworks. I hate confrontation so tend to let everyone walk all over me but I get so mad when ppl just can't respect everyone else & wait their turn! Rant over.... :)

I'm more annoyed by the person who waits alone in the queue and then the other parent turns up with the kids and joins when they are closer to the front.

that'll be me then! i do appologise. ;)

queue jumping happens in every park ive been too. 99% of them are gangs of school kids from my personal experience. and for some reason they never understand english?? even when ive approached them in uk parks.....they always play dumb and "me non parlez vous anglais" or words to that effect........ so its the good old fashioned, grab them and shove them backwards. being 6ft 5" of hunky Welsh rugby playing muscle, i usually get my own way!

Maybe because I've gone at quieter times I haven't had so much of a problem with queue jumpers. OH gets annoyed when people run/push past on the way into BTM or POTC and adopts a kind of star shaped walk to stop them, but it doesn't bother me, they're usually rowdier teenagers so hopefully they won't end up in the same boat as me.

I remember waiting patiently for a family to put on their coats and get the kids back in their snowsuits to leave a table in Casey's Corner and then another family came along and jumped in the seats, I was on my own with the boys but the dad from the family who was leaving was amazing and told them in no uncertain terms to push off :thumbsup2

There have been 2 occasions when I've seen red, both involved incidents with children - on our first trip a rather large lady stepped back onto the pavement in front of Liam knocking him over, we were waiting for the parade to start and had been for a while, I find it incomprehensible that people think they have the right to do this and that they would even think about standing in front of a child is just unforgivable in my book - she spoke English BTW so rudeness has no borders.

I probably witnessed the worse behaviour ever from other guests during our November Christmas weekend trip, it was absolute chaos in the park. We staked out a place outside Bella Notte, a family came along grabbed some chairs from the restaurant put them up in front of us and stood on them, including mum and dad !!! mum knocking my niece in the face with her backpack in the process - we left the park and went and had cocktails in Cafe Mickey, much more civilised

Jill the "star stance" made me laugh, I also do that, with my hands on my hips and elbows sticking out haha! In PM, some kids kept weaving in and out so I leaned on the rails and stretched out. One went flying as they tried to jump (they wasn't young) and Johnny cracked up as he ended up in the doubled backed queue! It was an honest mistake which couldn't be any better if I tried!
But queue hopping is a HUGE gripe of mine, and sorry, if a family member join a the line and then the family tries to join them, you won't get past me. IMHO, if my family have to queue together, then so do they :-)

The only line-cutting we experienced on this trip was on our very last ride of the holiday when we went on POTC. Problem with POTC is that in places, the queue line gets so wide and one family decided to use this to their advantage.

They were walking in single-file along the left hand side of the queue line, literally just walking past everyone else who was queueing. The Dad and young son went first and then I stood as far to the left as I could to stop the rest of the family coming through. The woman was far from pleased and just kept literally pushing me to make me move. I managed to stand my ground until she gave up! :cheer2:

In the end the Dad and the boy went on one boat and the mother and the Daughter went on another... so not sure what they really gained there?

It infurates me more when it's families with young children, what kind of example is that to set them? :sad2:

^^that sounds familiar^^ Well done for standing your ground ;-)

I don't find line cutting a big problem at DLP. I have seen it happen at WDW just as much. But one thing that bothers me in the queue is people smoking. I don't care if people smoke on the streets, but don't do it in a queue! I Jan we were waiting in line for CC and further back was these young guys sharing a joint. I don't understand why nobody said anything. If they had been standing closer to me I would have said something.

I personally have came across this many times and not just in DLP.
I now have no problem in saying NO!.
my son now knows the do not let them get past us look :snooty:
I have a good friend who sometimes travels with me and the kids and we have a wall thing we do, we have story's we tell that start remember when we where there and that family tried to push in no way where they getting past us.:cheer2:.
Why smoke to time place etc, I am a ex smoker and would never of dreamed of smoking in front of my own children let alone someone else's.

I am a ex smoker and would never of dreamed of smoking in front of my own children let alone someone else's.

Me too and I do get extremely annoyed at people smoking queues, I was a 20/30 a day smoker and as far as I'm concerned nobody is that desperate for a cigarette, that they need to light up in a queue line.

I've also noticed the trend for people walking with their hands at their side with the cigarette sticking out and the lit cigarette is just at child face level, shows a total lack of regard for others. :(

Incidently it was after my 2nd visit to DLP that I quit, I felt so bad that I was nipping off for a ciggie, leaving OH and the kids hanging around waiting for me and missing valuable park time I decided that was it, time to give up :)

I actually noticed less smoking in me last 3 trips or so.

But then again, I really don't care if you smoke or not.
I grew up with 2 smoking parents (don't do it myself, neather do my siblings).

If I'm standing next to someone who is smoking, and I can't deal at that certain moment, I'll just walk away, or sit someplace else.

You're outside, nothing much you can do about it really.
I always wonder what people do who really can't stand it, in a big city where there are loads of cars, which personally I think smells a lot worse.
(but then again, I might be used to the smell while growing up)

Though, I do agree on NOT smoking in lines as it's just too crowded, there are signs everywhere in some lines that you can get a fine, I wonder how many have actually been fined?

I actually noticed less smoking in me last 3 trips or so.

But then again, I really don't care if you smoke or not.
I grew up with 2 smoking parents (don't do it myself, neather do my siblings).

If I'm standing next to someone who is smoking, and I can't deal at that certain moment, I'll just walk away, or sit someplace else.

You're outside, nothing much you can do about it really.
I always wonder what people do who really can't stand it, in a big city where there are loads of cars, which personally I think smells a lot worse.
(but then again, I might be used to the smell while growing up)

Though, I do agree on NOT smoking in lines as it's just too crowded, there are signs everywhere in some lines that you can get a fine, I wonder how many have actually been fined?

I pretty much agree with you, I think I'm more bothered by pollution in Paris and the burbs than a bit of smoke in the park.

No one will have been fined in Dlp as the only people who can issue a fine is the police - those signs are standard :)

Just returned from a week at the parks. We didn't encounter a lot of shoving/cutting, but it was by design. We hit rides early or late or with fastpass to avoid crowds.

That being said, what we encountered on Space Mountain was ridiculous. On our first day there we used fastpass (we arrived at the Cheyenne around 10am and our rooms were not ready so we headed straight to the park).

For those of you that know the ride queue, it happened during the last two turns (sharp turns that form almost a Z) just before the line splits left/right for loading the cars. Right at the first sharp corner everyone started shoving. We were shocked at the force of the crowd right at that point. If I were a parent with smaller kids in that line, it would not have been pretty. A small kid could get hurt there.

I have never, ever, ever, encountered ANYTHING like that at ANY amusement park (and I have visited many). We had two American women in front of us and they were as shocked as we were.

Fortunately that was the worst of it. When we did have to wait in longer lines, the wife and I took up as much room across any given queue we could. Arms always holding a railing if it was available and always keeping an eye out for "corner jumpers".

I'll have a few more comments on this in my full trip report later, but just wanted to post my quick impressions on this specific topic here.

The first and sceond trip we took we had a lot of this, but last year when we were thier we didnt have any of it, the only que 'issue' we had was in Space mountain, their was a group of over excited teenages chanting and shouting - very anoying but luckley the ride was walk on ( we were just behind them)

Seen lots but remember the incidents from our day trip..... Family with woman and video camera in parade, and the 6' + lads who thought they cud come n stand in front of us... Remember Lisa???!

I tend to have pointy elbows and quite happy to tell ppl not to shove lol. Haha

scampbunny said:
Seen lots but remember the incidents from our day trip..... Family with woman and video camera in parade, and the 6' + lads who thought they cud come n stand in front of us... Remember Lisa???!

I tend to have pointy elbows and quite happy to tell ppl not to shove lol. Haha

That woman so got photobombed!!! Don't forget the bloke who stood between us and used our shoulders to REST his elbows while holding his camera.....and said woman with video camera almost getting a slap from me for pushing her posterior against Johnny!! We were waiting ages for the parade and in they pushed grrrr!
And those guys before Dreams. Top tip is, take Nikki with you. She takes on blokes twice her height if they stand in front of her!!!! :-)

That woman so got photobombed!!! Don't forget the bloke who stood between us and used our shoulders to REST his elbows while holding his camera.....and said woman with video camera almost getting a slap from me for pushing her posterior against Johnny!! We were waiting ages for the parade and in they pushed grrrr!
And those guys before Dreams. Top tip is, take Nikki with you. She takes on blokes twice her height if they stand in front of her!!!! :-)

Pmsl I was just so tired and no sleep make nikki go mad lol oh yes, being the camera stand for that bloke haha so funny when that arm appeared inbetween us!!!

Really? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter