• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The KINDEST thing that you've seen/experienced at WDW???

Who misses the days when you could give away an unused fast pass as you left? I probably gave away as many as I received and whichever way round, it made me smile.

I miss those days!!! We had a few Soarin FPs leftover one afternoon when I saw a mom and son just about to get in 90+ minute standby line. I asked them if they wanted to skip the line and they looked confused by my offer. I was able to convince them of my intentions and we got in the FP line together. We had a nice talk. I found out this was their first WDW trip and they were confused. I gave them the short version of how to use FPs. They were very appreciative of everything.

I was on the monorail after a long day at the parks with my then 12 year old autistic daughter. She does not look disabled and physically is ok but standing and holding on in a crowded monorail is a challenge. A nice woman sitting said my daughter could sit on her lap and she too had an autistic child.

My son loves Chip and Dale, his very favourite characters. There are a lot of opportunities for M&G with them in all the parks and we tend to hit them all up. Last year on our first Epcot day, we did the M&G with C&D, as we usually do. They got a real kick out of the C&D cover on my son's autograph book. Three days later, we were back at Epcot and at Garden Grill for dinner and my son had his autograph book out on the table waiting and from 2 tables over, Chip comes running toward him jumping up and down and all excited and flipped through the book to find his signature and pointed to himself. I was floored that he remembered and my son was so happy! He tried to "remind" Dale, but his memory wasn't quite as good. :rolleyes1

On the trip before this last one, there was a group of three of us trying to get from Boardwalk back to Old Key West after a night at Jellyrolls. We knew we'd connect at Downtown Disney to get there. When the bus pulled up, the driver asked if we were picking up a car at DTD or making a connection to get to a resort. When we told him, he told us he was going to call his boss, Mickey, and ask him a question. He got on his walkie talkie, and then told us that he was cleared to take us right "home"! It shaved so much time off of our travel plans, we didn't have to worry about missing another bus, and I was able to get another good hour of sleep before getting up the next morning to head to a park! Lifesaver!

This happened to my mom and I coming from DHS last year. We were both happy to be in WDW but tired from a long day (as we were also at a conference). It was so nice of the driver to just take us "home"! I Love WDW and the kindness it seems to bring out of everyone.

A couple of years ago, we had a girls only trip and were staying at the THV. We decided to walk over to the main building at SSR for our dinner ressie. The CM that dropped us off at our THV told us the path to take. Needless to say, we got lost. I spotted a bus pulled over on the road and we all walked over. There were 2 CMs in the bus so I knocked on the door and asked the one CM how to get to the main building. He said to hop on in and they would drive us over as he was training a new driver. Saved us a lot of wandering around in the dark LOL!!

This was one of our favorite things to do. I loved seeing the looks on people's faces. Some of them just seemed so overwhelmed with joy. I will really miss being able to do that for others.

I will miss this so much. It was so awesome to just walk up to someone and hand them a FP!!

We had so many kind moments from both guests and CMs on our last trip that my husband created a new slogan for them. "Disney. They make that s**t magic." ;)

1. A family at MK offered us two rider swap passes-one for 7D and one for Space Mountain. We passed on the favor later with two different ones we didn't end up using.

2. When my daughter lost her prized Tinkerbell Sorcerers card she was devastated. We backtracked and asked at the stand behind the Christmas shop if someone had turned it in (they had been sorting cards nearby while I shopped). The CM at the sorcerer stand offered her a replacement pack for the card. It didn't have the favored card in it, but it was kind of her to try. :)

3. Disney randomly replaced a FP for MSEP with a 'ride any of these crappy options' FP. I went to guest relations and a CM there worked very hard to get our fastpass back. It took some doing, but she succeeded.

There were more. Awesome waiters, awesome characters, awesome CMs. We absolutely did have a magical trip, mostly because of the kindness of others!

My son was young when we took him to Disney for the first time, he was around five. At that time the characters walked around the park and he was terrified of all of them which made going through the parks really interesting the first couple of days. His favorite Disney movie was Pocahontas with Mieko and John Smith and we planned a breakfast with them at the Wilderness lodge. When John Smith came to the table my son dived behind me and I explained to John Smith that he was afraid of the character's. Well he sat down at our table and just started talking to him and within a few minutes my son was sitting beside him talking like they were old friends. John then asked my son who has favorite character was and when he said Mecko (the raccoon) he waived him over and introduced them to each other. It's amazing that when mom says the character's are friendly and wont hurt you my son wouldn't listen but when John Smith tells him it must be true! Even now I'm tearing up thinking about how nice the young man playing John Smith was to my son and how much time he spent with him. True Disney magic!

During the same trip, my daughter wet her pants. A cast member noticed and gave us a voucher to purchase some pants from the gift shop so that we wouldn't have to leave the park

It's funny that you mention this -a month or so ago there was a thread by a woman whose child vomited all over her and she couldn't find a cast member help her ...there was more to the story but basically no one even offered her a T-Shirt to change into and she either had to leave the park or have her parents go back to the room. Something to that effect. There were many people on these boards that thought it was her problem and that Disney shouldn't be faulted for not helping her out in any way.

But I'm glad to hear someone did the right thing in your case. Hopefully the woman is reading this thread -but I doubt it, as she was pretty much run off like a common criminal.

Last trip we on line for Prince Charming's carousel and we were first in line. When the CM opened the gate my 5 year old Daughter and I turned right and a woman making a run for some horse she wanted for her child side checked my daughter against the gate and her foot got stuck in the gate stopper. She was crying, stuck and in pain. I quickly got her foot out of the gate with the CM's help. Neither the CM or I saw which woman did it because it was a blur. I was beside myself that someone could be so crazy as to getting first choice of a horse at the expense of trampling over a little girl.

The CM stopped the line from progressing..bent down to my daughter as she was crying and asked if she liked Anna and Elsa? My Daughter said yes. He stood up and gestured to the CM at the Anna Elsa Meet and greet and told us my daughter to go straight over there. He then said when you are done come right back here and give a wave and I will put you to the front of the line for the carousel. We thanked him over and over. That CM took a really bad situation and turned into such a wonderful experience. We have nothing but good experiences with CMS. If we have a less than good experience with a CM we chalk it up to a person having a bad day.

We were in AK one morning for breakfast at Tusker House. My daughter was around 4. She was wearing a Tiana shirt and a pin lanyard. We stopped to look at the pin cart, but needed to go check in for breakfast. I told her we would come back to the cart after breakfast and look some more. No worries and no qualms we walk off to check in. A few minutes later we're waiting outside and the gentleman who was working the cart motioned for me to come over. I walked over and he discreetly gave me a brand new, sparkly Tiana pin and told me to tell my daughter that it was a special gift from Tinkerbell. To this day she claims that is her pin from Tinkerbell. I wanted so badly to go back and thank him again, but of course haven't seen him. If he happens to be reading this - THANK YOU!!! Tiana is one of her favorites and that pin is proudly displayed at home!

We always try to spread some kindness by giving away our ponchos when leaving Kali River Rapids. It's funny to see the horrified faces of those waiting in line when folks walk off soaking wet and then offering them your poncho makes them so happy. It was just me and DH this last trip and we had a table in AK in Asia along the sidewalk and a British family of 3 had nowhere to sit so we shared our table with them and gave them hints to the parks as it was their first visit. To me alot of this is just common courtesy but we love meeting new people and let's be honest there really isn't enough kindness in the world so spread it when you can! :flower1:

Loved giving FP- to strangers. They looked perplexed, then so pleased and grateful. Got some at least once. Good times.

I also miss this easy way to give others a little smile. Does that make me weird?

A little boy had climbed into the maze thing at the exit to Mission Space and had gotten scared. His parents were trying to coax him out but he was crying and very upset and they were starting to get a little frantic. My niece (about 7 or 8 at the time), with no prompting, climbed in and talked to the little boy and managed to calm him him down and get him to follow her out. It was so sweet. Such a good kid.

These are such beautiful stories, they make me so happy to read! I'm tearing up! :goodvibes

Last summer I was 17 on a trip with my grandparents. When I was checking out at the gift shop in GF a young cast member commented on my hair and we started talking about the Disney College Program and the possibility of me being a character - Merida or Ariel based on my hair. I told her I never really considered playing a character but would love to do the DCP. She said I would be perfect for it and should look into trying out. I was flattered. After checking out another CM in the same store gave me a bunch of Ariel stickers. It made me so happy!

During the same trip while in one of the Contemporary while checking out, the CM saw the DVC slider on my magic band. I did not have a DVC card with me because y grandparents are DVC and they were not with me. She gladly gave me the discount for my pooh bear and pins right away! :goodvibes

I also had some great character interactions that same trip. Talking Mickey did a magic trick with me and Ariel talked about other redheads in Disney.

I love Disney magic so much.

We had just arrived at the WL after a long travel day, we were waiting by the bell services to pick up of stroller. DS2 was being his ornery self, DD5 was happy to be there. One of the CMs came over and made a big deal of us being there, DS wasn't interested. CM came back a few minutes later with a stuffed Perry for DS- that got him out of his funk! Another CM was watching and a minute later came over with a second Perry for DD. She said that they could just give to one kid and not the other! What a great start to our trip (and our first time to WL!)

I helped out another family the last time we were there-- both my family and another family were waiting for our lunch reservations at H&V, i'm not sure what time their reservation was for, but i know they had arrived before we did. I feel like that place is notorious for running very behind, but it was nearing an hour of waiting, which i thought was excessive. I went up to speak to the CMs at the check in, they weren't very helpful, so I asked for a manager. I wanted to make sure that we got seated, but i didn't want to jump that other family in line, so i called the mom of the other family over to join the conversation. The end of it was, i got both of our families seated pretty much right away, and i got both of our families a golden FP. They were really happy-- they had no idea that the golden FP existed and they actually hadn't been able to get a FP+ for TSMM for that day, and had resigned themselves to not riding it on that trip.

Gosh I've definitely got a bunch. Probably the top one that stands out for me is when we were at HS with the kids last year. It was later in our trip and one of my 2 year old twins was having a meltdown. He had a short nap that day but I wasn't really expecting it, but he just started losing it over everything. We had a FP for LM but stopped to buy him a set of bath toys so he could play with them while we were in the show and we missed our FP window. DH was getting super cranky at this point because of our son's crying and hysterics and I was for the first time feeling a little overwhelmed myself trying to decide where to head to wait out his breakdown. I saw a CM sweeping a walkway and stopped to ask him directions to something. He immediately noticed my 2 year old crying nearby and pulled out some stickers from his pocket. Another CM nearby also stepped over and offered stickers and tried to cheer him up.

Next thing I know a guest stopped over as well and started chatting with my kids. She had clown tattoos and offered them to them and she told us that she is a professional clown. She took some time with them talking and trying to cheer up YDS and it really worked. I found it so touching that they all took the time to try and make him happy instead of being judgmental or irritated by his crying.

I will randomly give FP's to a small family for Anna and Elsa when I'm in MK for a quick weekend. I will stand at the entrance with my fiancé and we will pick a random family who is about to get in the stand by line. I have to give them bands obviously (I have multiple bands/tickets) so I just ask them to text me when their done to give them back. I've been doing this since last year w/o anyone keeping the bands.

We took our kids to WDW in 2011 for their Bdays (a surprise trip), they were turning 6 and 8 on the trip. My son (turning 8) was sick with what the Dr. assured us was a 24 hour stomach bug (the day before we left home). Well he woke up feeling much better our first day of the parks, but went down hill quickly and was feeling sick at lunch time. He wanted to try to eat something, so we were in Pecos Bill's, and trying to decide what he wants. He felt very sick to his stomach and sat down in the middle of the floor crying (I was getting ready to take him back to the hotel, but he really wanted to eat something). A cm and the manager came over to see the problem, and I explained he just wasn't feeling well, but all was ok. The manager asked what DS wanted to eat, and he said Chicken Noodle Soup. Well of course Pecos Bills doesn't have that. I told him I would take him somewhere else to get soup. The manager told me to please have a seat with him, and he would get soup. He instructed the sweet CM with him to get my DS anything else that he wanted free of charge, if there was anything he thought he could eat or drink. The manager went over to a restaurant on Main St. and brought back a large thing of chicken noodle soup and wouldn't let us pay for anything. This manager going above and beyond for a sick kid really touched me and is a kindness I will always remember.

Our trip in November, my great aunt was traveling with us. She had promised her grand daughter that when she was cancer free they would go to Disney to celebrate. The CM at the front desk of the resort wrote "I beat cancer" on my aunt's celebration button and she wore it at the parks a few days. Apparently one of the MK days, she was in a gift shop and a CM came to her in tears and asked her about her button. She and my aunt talked for a few moments, I believe the CM had a parent who was fighting cancer at the time. As my aunt was about to check out and leave the CM came back with her manager and a Mickey Mouse stuffed animal for my aunt and thanked her for being so inspiring.

I didn't actually witness it, but I did see the happiness on my aunt's face when she showed me the Mickey and told me the story.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter