The KINDEST thing that you've seen/experienced at WDW???

Love this thread! I've shared these before on another level thread, but they're my favs.

We were leaving MNSSHP and my son wiped out leaving MK, it has rained and was really slick. It was also midnight and he was 3...haha, so needless to say it was dramatic. Two CMs came over and gave him bags of candy and filled his bag that he had been trick or treating with. He smiled really big and we left. As we were walking away someone was yelling for The Big Bad Wolf (my son's costume). We turned around to see a CM running towards us with a balloon. He said his friends told him he fell, and he thought a balloon would cheer him up...even more than candy. It was so cute and they totally went out of their way to make my little dude smile.

And, my son loves Star Wars, even had a SW themed room. When he was three he really wanted to ride star tours, then he saw the in-room park video that showed the ride. He then was convinced it wasn't a screen image, and darth Vader was really there. He was terrified. We were outside the ride explaining that Vader isn't real and it's just a movie. Then, here comes Vader walking towards us (about to go on stage for Jedi training). Great timing. He was pretty upset and a cm who had heard the convo came over and talked him down and gave him a pin, leading to pin trading on EVERY visit :) it was just a super sweet thing to do!

Sorry so long winded!

Our trip in November, my great aunt was traveling with us. She had promised her grand daughter that when she was cancer free they would go to Disney to celebrate. The CM at the front desk of the resort wrote "I beat cancer" on my aunt's celebration button and she wore it at the parks a few days. Apparently one of the MK days, she was in a gift shop and a CM came to her in tears and asked her about her button. She and my aunt talked for a few moments, I believe the CM had a parent who was fighting cancer at the time. As my aunt was about to check out and leave the CM came back with her manager and a Mickey Mouse stuffed animal for my aunt and thanked her for being so inspiring.

I didn't actually witness it, but I did see the happiness on my aunt's face when she showed me the Mickey and told me the story.

That is so nice.

In 2007 DH and I were at AK riding Kali River Rapids and a couple of young Asian ladies that didn't speak much English were behind us. DH in his humorous way kept teasing the young ladies and telling them they were about to get wet; we got on the same raft together and had a lot of fun and laughter. On our way out, one of the ladies turned to me and said "for you" and gave me a very cool Tinkerbell light-up pin. I pinned it on my purse and a lot of people were asking me where I got it, wanting to know where they could get one. A CM recognized it and told me that it can only be found at Tokyo Disney. I take the pin with me every time we go to Disney World. I'll never get to Tokyo Disney so it's pretty special to have something from there.
I love the interactions I have had with other guests on Kali River Rapids. My son and I have ridden probably 30 times and have always enjoyed the other guests.

You would never know that these people see thousands of little ones a day, the way that they manage to make each one feel like royalty is astounding.
That's what makes Disney so special!

My husband and I recently returned from DisneyWorld and had 5 days of pixie dust. We wore our Happy 20th Anniversary pins and we had hundreds of strangers from kids to adults to cast members, everywhere we went people would simply wish us a Happy Anniversary with a smile. It was so very special. It made our trip magical and we loved every minute of it. We loved the experience and will now pay it forward for others celebrating something special.
Our very first day ever at Disney World was my son's 10th birthday. I got him the birthday and first visit pins. He had tons of CMs and other guests telling him happy birthday all day, which made him feel like a rock star. Now he always makes a point to tell other guests happy birthday/anniversary/etc.

I think I might have told this story before. My son and I were walking through the line for Kali River Rapids. The park was close to closing, so there were no other guests we could see in line. There was a CM sweeping, and a gust of wind blew her hat off. My son went running for it and gave it back to her. She was so grateful. She asked if we had a second and if we collected pins. She pulled a special lanyard out and had my son pick a pin that he could have without trading. We had a lovely conversation with her, and it made my son's day. We've actually had a lot of really great conversations with custodial CMs.

I have celebrated my birthday in Disney a couple times. The first time was on my DCP. I made sure I had the day off so I could go to MK. I wore my Birthday Button and during lunch at Peco's Bills I got a free brownie.

I have made some magic as a CM. Gave out stickers to kids that were having a tough time. And the best was giving stickers to a little boy about 3 who loved Mickey. We talked for about an hour about Mickey, Donald and Goofy. His parents were ready to check out and head over to Illuminations. But this boy wanted to keep talking to his new friend. I somehow convinced him that Illuminations was made special for him by Mickey. He then told me that Illuminations was by Mickey and in Tick Tock's Lagoon. I went to my manager that night in our meeting and to see if we can change World Showcase Lagoon to Tick Tock's Lagoon.

Another kind thing we did in our store was have a renewal of wedding vows. A little weird but quite magical for the guests.

On our 2009 trip, my DD was 8 and dressed like Tinker Bell. We went to get an ice cream, and a CM said that the ice cream was on Disney, since she was a beautiful princess. Her eyes lit up and she was so excited. It made her day and she kept talking about it. I heard that little things like that happen, but actually experiencing it was magical. Even a small thing like an ice cream.

Celebrate your birthday at one of the parks sometime and you will find out how sweet both CMs and other guests can be! My experience was at DL in October 2013.

The greetings and good wishes were constant! and I probably grinned all day 'til my cheeks hurt!

I've had many great moments where other guests have been helpful, especially while waiting for parades, offering dry ponchos to sit on the wet ground or help saving a space while my kids go grab a snack but my favorite moment was after leaving Ohana. It was just my DH and I and we had a very bad experience at Ohana (party of two, server kept forgetting us) but at the end I was given 2 leis. So we boarded the monorail back to MK and were joined by a family with their 4 year old daughter. She was the most outgoing child and was singing for us and so friendly. With her parents permission I gave her one of the leis because she was so special. She was so appreciative that when we all got off the monorail and she actually grabbed my hand and walked with us all the way to the entrance...so sweet. We were having a bad night and she just brightened our day!

I LOVE this thread! I have a few stories to share.

Way back in 1995 we stayed onsite at Dixie Landings (now POR) for the first time. The resort is huge and we were lost trying to find our room late at night. My sister was five and crashed, my dad was carrying her. We wandered for what seemed like hours (but was probably more like 10 minutes) when a CM drove up in a golf cart. Rather than just giving directions, he offered us a ride back to our room. I'm sure my parents, toting around three tired kids, were very appreciative. He also gave us a map of the resort with a highlighted path to our room, which made the rest of the trip much easier. The map is in our scrapbook!

Last March we visited for our 3rd anniversary (the trip was also our long awaited honeymoon). We got buttons at check-in with our names already written on them, upgraded to a preferred room, and the CM gave us a wooden picture frame from Mickey so we could remember our trip at home. It was so nice, and such a great way to start the trip. We also got a special printed menu and free dessert at the Yachtsman.

In October, I was standing in line at DHS to get dinner for my DS1.5 - and he was not happy at all. I ordered and was waiting to pick up our food, trying to calm him down, when a CM tried to hand me a bottle of water and turkey leg. I told her that wasn't ours, but she insisted I take it and said, "for your little prince." It was so nice of her, and my DS loved eating that ridiculous turkey leg.

On that same trip, I was on the Magical Express and overheard the couple in front of me talking about their trip. It was pretty obvious they hadn't planned a thing and didn't really understand how a lot of things worked. I asked if I could answer any questions or help, they first looked pretty skeptical and maybe even thought I was being rude - but we chatted a bit and I gave them some advice, told them about FP+, and then basically helped them plan their whole trip on the bus ride - even made FPs on their phone. The wife even took notes, lol. They thanked me for all the help, and being such a Disney dork I actually enjoyed the experience because I got to share all the useless Disney knowledge I possess :rolleyes: I saw them at the food court a couple of days later and they bought ice cream for both me and my DS. They were so grateful for all my help, and said they couldn't believe how unprepared they were and how lost they would have been. While I was chatting with the wife, the husband disappeared and came back with a stuffed Mickey for my DS. They were so nice, and I'm so glad I got to help them enjoy their trip (turns out, honeymoon).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter