The "I Wasn't Going to Do a Trip Report" Trip Report!~May 2015-Update 5/10/16-New TR link!

:cheer2::cool1::dancer:party:How exciting!

I'm with you on the Grand. Its such a pretty and peaceful resort!

Thanks, I can't wait!

I love the Grand! I could live there!

Thanks for the real life update. I actually did notice your new ticker last night when I was perusing the boards and was going to ask you about it. That's so awesome that you are going back to Disney in a few months! And that you're staying at a dream resort. I fully believe if you go to Disney on your birthday then you should definitely splurge on the resort. It's not all the time that you get that kind of present on your birthday!

French Onion Soup is delicious; I can totally see why you both ordered it. But that check in process sounds crazy. Kind of like the Cast Members haven't worked out the kinks of the new ADR system yet. I can only imagine what breakfast looks like.

I love your reasoning that when you go to Basin you only buy what you're going to use on your trip. I think if that wasn't the case, so much money would be thrown at that store for their various products. It's pretty cool, though, that you found a way to rest your feet while on a trip. I might have to try that next month.

Your time on the balcony sounds really relaxing. Kind of the perfect afternoon break at Disney.

Haha, I feel the same way! I was going to be smart and stay at Pop, which with the AP discount is less than $100 a night, but then I saw how "cheap" the Boardwalk was, and I had to do it! I don't know when I'll get another opportunity to stay there, so this seemed like the perfect excuse!

Yeah the check in process was so weird...everyone just standing around, not knowing what to do. It's a good thing I have no interest in going there for breakfast, because that would annoy me first thing in the morning haha!

I know, I could buy SO much Basin stuff if I really allowed myself to! :rotfl2:

What?! I really need to catch up on Disney news. You can't just order lunch like a CS at Be Our Guest? Ugh!

I love bath bombs? Have you ever heard of Lush? They have an amazing honey bath one that leaves your skin so smooth!

Yay for a September trip! Be prepared for it to be HOT HOT HOT. And personally I don't think ME takes longer than renting the car. We almost always have a wait to pick up our car, then we have to go over and get it, etc. But I totally understand that it makes you feel like you're moving quicker. I would love to stay at the BW but the Beach Club is at the top of my list right now. The Grand was amazing too but we only got to stay there because they overbooked Coronado Springs and upgraded us for free. :)

No, you have to have an ADR now! You kind of order like a CS, you either go to a CM at a cash register and order with them, or you order yourself on a touch screen, and then you go sit down and they bring your food to you. It's pretty cool, but the whole process can be annoying when you're just trying to get in and get out!

Yeah I know, it's going to be SO hot in September! But it's only 3 days, so I think I'll be ok! I never really planned on going that early in the month, it just happened to work out so why not? :thumbsup2 The Beach Club is amazing, I love it there! Next I'll have to try the Yacht Club and then I'll have stayed at all of the Epcot resorts, I'm so excited for the Boardwalk! I still can't believe you got upgraded to the GRAND! That's so unfair, haha! :rotfl:

How exciting you get to go back to DW so soon! And getting to stay at BW sounds amazing! It looks like such a great resort!

The bath bombs and soaking your feet at the end of your day is such a great idea, and I love how you keep it special to Disney only. I love those little traditions.

I agree, the check in for BOG lunch is a bit of a cluster. You'd think they could figure out some way to keep it more organized :confused3

Love those castle pics!

I know, I can't wait! :cool1:

I love those bath bombs, and they're so nice to use to relax after a long day in the parks! I don't think they actually do anything other than smell really good, but still, I love them!

Oh good, haha, I thought I was the only one! :rotfl2:

Thanks!

Yay for a birthday trip!!! And staying at a dream resort!!! :cloud9:

DME is so easy! And longest we've ever waited was like 15/20 minutes (if that).

I LOVE the people mover!!! And Henry does too! He always knew when we were going on and got so excited!!

Haha are you hinting yo me about renting you our grand points, sometime? :rolleyes1

AHHHH I'm so excited for my dream resort!!!!

That's good to know! I've only used it once and I'm pretty sure we got right on and left almost immediately!

Aww that's so cute! :lovestruc

Haha, noooo!!! I mean, of course, I wouldn't say no to that haha, but no, no hinting! I can't even keep track of who has Grand points anymore, it seems like everyone does but me! I should buy myself some for my birthday! :rotfl:

Love the update! We just got back from the World yesterday :( I was an awesome week! We stayed at the Boardwalk and I can assure you that you will love it!!! Our room was amazing and everyone was so nice and the lobby smelled awesome. :) It was nice to be on the Boardwalk and walk to Epcot. We were there almost every day! You will love it!!!

I ate at BOG during my October trip. I did not get the French onion soup though...but I wish I had. I absolutely love French onion soup! Have you ever had Red Robin's?? It is my favorite!!! Yumm!!

I love the bath bombs from Basin! I bought some body butter from there, too. I just love that store.

I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip! Hopefully, if I have time, I will try to write a TR. I never have before, and I didn't take notes, but maybe I could do a short one! :)

Thanks! I'm so glad you loved the Boardwalk! I'm at Epcot almost every day of any trip anyway, so it will be so nice to just be able to walk over there! I'm so excited!!!

I've never had the french onion soup at Red Robin! We had a Red Robin in our mall, then it closed, and now I've heard it's opening back up, so if it does, I'll be sure to get it! I always order it when I see it on a menu, it's like my favorite thing ever! :thumbsup2

I love Basin, it just smells so good! :cool1:

You should write a TR! I took horrible notes, but I'm realizing I remember things as I go through my pictures, so don't worry about it! TR's are just supposed to be fun, they don't have to be perfect! :jumping1:

First, I just want to say hi! I've been away from the Disboards for awhile now but you were one of my favorite bloggers so I had to look you up again! It got depressing just reading and not going to Disney my self so I got off for a bit. Now back to business :cloud9: you may cover this but I am just starting to read so be patient :flower3: I've heard another review of Be Our Guest and it wasn't good. Do you really think it's worth all the bother? The food looks rather like la madeleine's restaurant, very simple French regular food. Which is great but with so many options in Disney I'm having a hard time choosing! Thanks for your help! I haven't been to Disney since Dec. 2009 and it's overwhelming because you just want to do everything!!! lol

OMG thank you, that's so nice! Glad to have you back to the DIS! :thumbsup2:goodvibes

Hmmm...see it's tough with BoG...I love it, but I love it more for the atmosphere and just feeling like I'm really in the Beast's castle and the movie rather than the food. Don't get me wrong, the food is good, but I wouldn't say it's great. The french onion soup I had was great, but the croque monsieur was kind of salty. It's good, but it's not the best. So it's up to you what's more important. You will have a good meal there, it's not like anything is awful (not that I've had, anyway) but you kind of expect it to be a little better? I'd give it a try, if anything, you will love the actual atmosphere of the restaurant. I do like the lunch menu much better than the dinner, also, if that helps! :cool1:
Hooray! What a wonderful birthday treat for you! :Pinkbounc:bounce::jumping3:

We just stayed there last month and LOVED it. And it had not been a top contender for me beforehand, but we booked it to be close to DHS for Star Wars Weekends and also Epcot for Flower & Garden. But we ended up really enjoying our stay there. The location is great, but the room (DVC studio - rented points) was wonderful and spacious and the CMs were great as well. I'd go back for sure!

At least one. You have to when it's so easy to get there (walk or boat).

I may have been very lucky, but in all our trips using ME we've almost never had any wait - just very short ones, if at all. We often walk straight down the queue, get on a bus immediately, then leave fairly soon. The ONE time I rented a car was a nightmare and I had to wait in a VERY long car rental line that went extremely slow. And then they screwed up and gave me the wrong car, etc. Not a good experience. So, I'd do ME, based on those things.

Right there with ya on that! :goodvibes

Totally agree on this too! :boat:

Thanks! I can't wait!!! :cool1:

I'm so glad everyone is saying positive things about the Boardwalk! I'm so excited to finally stay there! I just love the look of the rooms, so pretty! And you can't really get a better location!

Haha I could never skip DHS, that park has my beloved Tower of Terror! :lovestruc

Thanks, good to know about the ME! I'm thinking we will just use it, since it's such a short trip, we don't really need a car, and it's not like I love driving to MK anyway (I hate it, I try to avoid it if possible!) so why not? And IF we decide to do Animal Kingdom, I can always take a bus, that's really all I'd need a car for, so I might as well just save my money! I hate waiting in the car rental lines, they are alway SO long! It will be nice to skip them for once! :thumbsup2

Your dinner at CA Grill looks so yummy! I have yet to try it! It's on my list...along with about 45 other restaurants in WDW! LOL
I always find it hard to choose between old favorites and new places we want to go to. We always try at least one new place per trip, so on our next trip it will probably have to be CA Grill!

Nice castle pics and happy anniversary! :)
I am thinking of doing a quick trip during our anniversary this November...CA Grill seems like a nice spot to celebrate :)

It was SO yummy! I absolutely LOVE CA Grill, you have to go there! I like trying new places too, but there are some places I can't skip, and CA Grill is one of them! Every single thing there is so good! I could live on that goat cheese polenta! :cool1:

Thanks!

An anniversary trip would be so much fun, and CA Grill really is a beautiful place for an anniversary dinner! You cannot beat the views from the top of the Contemporary! :thumbsup2

The boardwalk is one of my dream resorts too! I have two, AKL and BW. I've already stayed at AKL and it was amazing! I can't wait to be able to try BW out one day.

I love AKL too, it's so beautiful! I'm am SO excited to finally stay there! :jumping1:

Congrats on being able to stay at the Boardwalk for your birthday (I love that resort and will be back there for another week in October).

I love that soup at BOG...I think it is very, very good. I'm with you...the GF is beautiful, but no real desire to stay there and Mark would NEVER stay there so I just enjoy the pictures people post. I love the Basin shop. I hit the one at DTD every trip and bring all kinds of stuff home for me and for Andy's girlfriend, Des.

Not a bad view at all for a standard room.

Thanks! I cannot wait! It's been a dream of mine for so long and it's finally happening, I kind of can't believe it! I just wish Food and Wine started that early!

I love the GF, it's so pretty! Basin is awesome, I feel like I haven't been to the one in DTD in a long time, maybe because I use it as an excuse to go to the Grand now, haha!

I know, we were really lucky with that view! :thumbsup2

Yay for your next trip and for it being at the Boardwalk!! Purchasing a Bath Bomb is completely on my Must Do List for our November Trip. I will have to keep in mind to soak my feet at night because my feet always end up killing me!

I can't wait! I'm so excited for the Boardwalk! :cool1:

Yes, buy all the bath bombs!!! :thumbsup2

I think technically, if your feet hurt, you are supposed to soak them in cold water, which I've done, and I think it helps. But if you use a bath bomb, you have to use warm water because it won't dissolve in cold. So if I use one, I'll start off with warm to let it dissolve then I'll add in the cold. Warm water feels much better on your feet obviously, but the cold water is supposed to help the inflammation go down from walking all day. :confused3 That's what I've read, anyway!

That darn welcome show... I make multiple attempts to see it every trip and always JUST miss it. :rolleyes: I love your pictures!

I also love your pictures of the hub. I never had a chance to walk around in there, so I'll have to be sure to do so on a future trip. :-)

I'm glad your ear cleared up - dealing with an ear infection on vacation would not have been fun at all! :crazy2:

I'm sorry, I just noticed this comment, you must have snuck it in as I was doing my update the other day! :rotfl2:

Aww, you have to get to the welcome show, it's so awesome!

Thanks! I didn't really spend a lot of time in the hub either, but from what I saw, it's really pretty!

Thanks, ugh, yeah I know, I'm so glad nothing happened!! :thumbsup2

Good luck! I heard they are all gone :confused3:eek:

I brought basin bath bombs home with me. LOVE :love:

I'm having disney withdrawal BAD this week...:guilty::sad:

Good luck! I heard they are all gone :confused3:eek:

I brought basin bath bombs home with me. LOVE :love:

I'm having disney withdrawal BAD this week...:guilty::sad:

Haha that's ok, it will never happen anyway! :sad:

Me too...I feel like it's forever until I'm going back. :(

To Infinity...and Beyond!

tumblr_nftxk1zR4I1rvhqlvo1_500.gif

May 4, Part 3

Hi everyone! I normally don't do 2 updates in one week, but I'm going away next week, so I won't be on the DIS very much. I thought I'd do one now while I have the time! (And no, sadly, this isn't a Disney trip next week, we're going to South Carolina to see Brandon's parents...although, Disney IS only a short 5 hour drive away, but I don't think Brandon will really go for that...:sad:)

So we just took a short nap at the WL and I got up and got ready to go back out into the parks! This was one of those days where I made FP+ reservations for the evening, so we were heading to Hollywood Studios for the first time this trip!

We drove over and went in, and it was packed! And then I remembered...it was May the 4th! So there were all sorts of crazy Star Wars people there! So many people dressed up in costumes and Disney bounding as Star Wars characters, it was pretty cool!

Our first stop was the new Starbucks, of course! Brandon was still really tired so he needed coffee, and I bought the "You are Here" Hollywood Studios Starbucks mug. I also bought the Epcot one the day before, which I think I forgot to mention, so now the only one I need is the Animal Kingdom mug! (Oh and the Disneyland mugs...ok, so my collection isn't really close to being complete...:confused3)

The new Starbucks is really cool, it's definitely the nicest one out of all 3 in the parks so far (haven't seen the Animal Kingdom one yet, since it just opened!)

IMG_8746.jpg

Brandon got his coffee and I think we had a little time until our FP's were ready to be used, so I wanted to get a little snack. What do I always get at Hollywood Studios?

IMG_8747.jpg

That's right, a turkey leg. Unfortunately, it was gross and we didn't end up eating much of it. It was really slimy and kind of watery and just not good. I like them to be dry and smoky and this one was not that. I don't know. This might be the end of my obsession with turkey legs if they don't fix this problem! Hopefully it was just a bad day for turkey legs, because normally they are SO good. Maybe I'll have to try one in another park.

Since we were so close to my beloved Tower of Terror, I went over to see how long the wait time was to see if we could ride stand by before we used an FP, but it was way too long. It was torture, just having it so close to me and not being able to go on! :faint:

IMG_8748.jpg

Since there wasn't really anything to do over here, we went over to Pixar Place to hang out until we could use our first FP.

IMG_8749.jpg

I think we had like, 4 minutes until we could go into Toy Story Mania, so we just hung out and watched people try to go through the FP line without FP's. Seriously, you would think by now people would get it, but so many people walk up and try to tell stories or play dumb, it's kind of amusing. :rotfl:

Finally, it was time to go on TSM! Annnd the only picture I took of it was this, sorry!

IMG_8750.jpg

It was so awesome having an FP here at night, not only that, but since there were only 2 of us, they let us go up those stairs on the right which basically let you bypass the whole line and get right on! I don't remember what our scores were, but I'm guessing they were terrible. Neither one of us is very good at this, we have yet to break 200,000. Brandon doesn't believe that anyone has ever scored 400,000 or over, I told him it's true, they have, but he doesn't believe it. He just does not think it's possible! :rotfl2:

When we were finished, we went back to the front of the park for some reason, no clue why...oh wait, I do remember! We walked over to a shop and saw a bunch of storm troopers walk by, so we followed them! I have no clue where they went, they just walked down the middle of the street and out of the park! It was so weird! :rotfl:I'm guessing it was some promo thing for Star Wars weekends coming up? Maybe? I really have no clue, but it was cool to see random Storm Troopers in the park!

IMG_8753.jpg

FINALLY it was time for my favorite ride of all time except for Soarin', my Tower of Terror!

IMG_8756.jpg

Again, having an FP for this at night was awesome, because we got right on! (Obviously, that's the point of FP+, but this was my first time using them at night, so humor me! :rotfl:)

IMG_8757.jpg

IMG_8758.jpg

IMG_8759.jpg

IMG_8760.jpg

Sorry for so many pictures, it's just so beautiful, and it's my favorite! Have I mentioned that, haha! It's just so fun to take pictures of it, unlike Soarin', which, as awesome as it is, it's not really that photogenic! All you basically have is a sign and a queue area to take pictures of in Soarin', with my Tower, you have this whole perfectly themed building and area! I love it so much! :lovestruc

When we got on the elevator, some girls had a selfie stick with them. The CM told her she can't use it on the ride, and she said ok, and he was like "no seriously, they're banned on rides, if we see you using it, we'll have to stop the ride" and she was just all "Ok whatever". What do you think happens 30 seconds into the ride? The elevator stops, lights come on, and a voice tells her to put her selfie stick away or we'll all have to get off the ride. She finally got the message and put her stupid selfie stick away. (I'm sorry, I really hate those things!:rotfl2:) The rest of the ride was awesome, the sun was starting to set, so the whole park looked really cool when you get to look out of the windows at the top before you drop! :thumbsup2

IMG_0745.jpg

When we got off of my Tower, we didn't really know what to do next. I think we had an FP for Star Tours, but I wasn't in the mood to ride that, so I got some popcorn (which for some reason, I did NOT take a picture of! Totally unlike me to forget to document Disney popcorn, but it's in my notes!) and we just hung out and tried to figure out what to do. Then I had an idea. I REALLY wanted to see Illuminations. It was probably 8:00, or after, by then, so I figured we wouldn't make it, but Brandon thought if we left right then and there, we would make it. So we were off to Epcot! But not before I stopped for 2 seconds to take a few pictures of the beautiful sunset:

IMG_8761.jpg

(Blurry, sorry, I was probably walking!)

IMG_8762.jpg

We ran over to the tram, which looked like it was sitting there for a while and they were about to say "no further boarding" but I think they felt bad for us and let us on! As soon as we got on, they said it and we were off! The sky looked SO amazing, but there were way too many buildings and things blocking it for me to get a good picture of it:

IMG_8763.jpg

We found our car and sped over to Epcot! We parked somewhere, I have no idea where, but I'm thinking it was probably somewhat close, because at the end of the night, no one is really telling you where to go, so you can get a pretty decent spot! We went through bag check, and I think it was about 8:45 when we got into the park! Epcot closed at 9 that night, so I wonder what the CM's were thinking when we came in that late...although we weren't the only ones! I just HAD to see Illuminations, that's all I cared about!

Of course, I assumed we would never find a good spot to watch that late, but I noticed people were wedged in between the Flower and Garden booths...I saw one that didn't have a lot of people, so I wedged myself in too! It turned out to be an awesome spot to watch from! I absolutely LOVE Illuminations, the music is amazing, so I was pretty happy when it started!

IMG_8769.jpg

IMG_8772.jpg

IMG_8773.jpg

I didn't take many pictures because I just kind of wanted to stand there and enjoy it. I love it so much, but most of the time, I'm trying to get that perfect picture, and I feel like unless I get a really good camera and learn about photography, I'm never going to get that perfect picture that I'm after! So why bother? Take a few shots and then just watch and listen!

A few minutes before it was about to end, we started walking. We always do that to beat the crowd, but then we end up in MouseGear anyway, so it kind of defeats the purpose, but as usual, that's what we did! There was something in MouseGear that I needed to buy, something I saw a few times and I was debating with myself about buying, and then decided I absolutely needed it...so I went in there to find the perfect one! (You'll see what it is in a minute!)

I bought my little present to myself and we were finally ready to leave. Spaceship Earth was looking lovely on the way out, I love when it's all lit up and colorful at night!

IMG_8775.jpg

IMG_8777.jpg

We found our car and made the short drive back to the WL, where I was ready for bed! 3 parks in one day again, and I was exhausted! And I knew I'd sleep a little better that night, because of the friend I bought for myself...

IMG_8778.jpg

A Bambi pillow pet!!! I'm sorry, I know I'm an adult and these are for kids, and I had no intention of buying one on this trip (I already had 2 at home!) but when I saw Bambi, I could not resist, it's just so cute! And they also have a Figment pillow pal now too! If they keep coming out with all of these awesome pillow pals, I'm going to need a separate room to store them all in! :rotfl2:

Up next...Animal Kingdom!

Omg!! That Bambi pillow pet is the cutest! I'm glad I have kids bc I can use them as an excuse to buy one... lol!

Enjoy your trip to SC!

I'm glad you guys were able to make it for Illuminations! We've never seen the show but I'm hoping we will on our November trip. The Bambi pillow is pretty adorable. And it looks so comfy!

All caught up!

I am the same way about meeting the princesses, and therefore have forced myself to schedule a breakfast with them. :scared:

Congrats on your birthday trip! I think you should FINALLY make that reservation for Yachtsman Steakhouse you’ve had to cancel so many times!!

Awesome that you ended up at the Studios on May the 4th. I'm sure that was fun to look around at all the costumes and such.

Glad you got right on TSM - love when that happens.

Crazy about the selfie stick on ToT. I've just been seeing things today in my FB feed that say Disney is banning selfie sticks from the parks starting next month.

How cool that you made it over to Epcot for Illuminations and even had a good spot!

That is an adorable Bambi pillow pet!

First, I am really enjoying your trip report!

Second, I LOVE all your pictures! I did not read all your responses in between updates, so you may have answered this, but are all your pictures taken with your iphone6? Mine come out like crap, but that is probably user issues! LOL!

Thanks for sharing! And 5 hours is nothing...drive down one evening, spend the day and drive back the next morning...yes, I am a Disney enabler.

Lynn

I'm also a HUGE Tower of Terror fan, so I understand your excitement about the ride. It's a bummer that they interrupted your ride experience due to the dumb people with the selfie sticks, but I'm also rather glad they're keeping those under control. (I'm even more excited about the thought that Disney is potentially banning them! :thumbsup2 )

I'm glad you made it in time for Illuminations! I love Wishes more, but I really enjoyed Illuminations on my last trip.

Those pillow pets are ADORABLE - I don't remember seeing Bambi! How fun! :lovestruc

Have a great time next week! :goodvibes

If I had any room, Henry would have came home with bambi, too!!
Ry will NEED a figment one LoL

The new starbs in DHS is nice, but gets crowded waiting for drinks.

I actually rode ToT like 5 times this past trip!!! It was awesome! :)

I kept telling myself I wanted a starbs mug, but never ended up buying one :( Now, I am kicking myself over forgetting.

I so want to try to get back to wdw before my AP expires, but not finding any time ( or money) LoL

Enjoy your trip to SC, maybe you can squeeze a quick trip to disney out of Brandon!!

Last edited:
Okay, so I have a love/hate relationship with the selfie stick. We don't own one but when we were on vacation in Mexico last year another couple who were on a tour with us had one and it really makes for better pictures! (But HOW ANNOYING that they had to stop the whole ride because they couldn't listen to directions!)

I know what's going on my souvenir list for October! Disney World mugs from Starbucks! Two of my most favorite things in one!!!

I never really got the whole turkey leg thing but I'll never forget one of my brothers devouring one at Magic Kingdom at like 1am. (The weirdest things bring back the best memories for me.)

I love Illuminations and I'm with you on taking a few pictures and then putting the camera/phone away and enjoy it.

The Bambi pillow pet....LOVE! :lovestruc
I think I'll have to give ToT another try, I really didn't care for the whole up and down part, the theming is crazy good though. Maybe now that I've done it once I'll give her another shot.
TSMM is one of our favorites, except I have a tendency to get kinda competitive.:p
Oy, the selfie sticks...lets just say I'm with you on that one!

YESSS, I love using FP+ at night, especially for super popular rides! It's like you can look forward to it all day and know you'll be getting on no matter what!

Omg, that girl STILL pulled out her stupid stick? Hahaha I mean how embarrassing that she was called out in front of everyone. Oh well. :lmao: Something similar happened to us at Disneyland (but the ride before us) and it's like... just hold your dang arm out if you're so desperate for a selfie! Goodness.

Awesome that you made it into Epcot in time! I've definitely done that for IllumiNations before. It's worth it!

OH MY GOODNESS. BAMBI PILLOW PET?! I had no idea that existed! HE'S SO CUTE!!!!!

Love your Bambi! It's so sweet and adorable! I've been thinking about maybe splitting our stay next year. Your always talking WL up and it does look amazing :magnify:. Can't remember if I read it are not but have you ever done spilt stays ? If anyone can tell me how difficult it is to do that. Any special tips?

I hope your trip if going well and you have an Awesome 4th :rainbow:

(And no, sadly, this isn't a Disney trip next week, we're going to South Carolina to see Brandon's parents...although, Disney IS only a short 5 hour drive away, but I don't think Brandon will really go for that...:sad:)
You could visit me, it's almost the same as going to Disney! (Okay, not at all. But still!) ::MinnieMo

What do I always get at Hollywood Studios?

IMG_8747.jpg
Yaaaassss! I always get a turkey leg at HS, too! :thumbsup2

That's right, a turkey leg. Unfortunately, it was gross and we didn't end up eating much of it. It was really slimy and kind of watery and just not good. I like them to be dry and smoky and this one was not that. I don't know. This might be the end of my obsession with turkey legs if they don't fix this problem! Hopefully it was just a bad day for turkey legs, because normally they are SO good. Maybe I'll have to try one in another park.
I can't comprehend this. I've never met a Disney turkey leg that I didn't like! :confused3

I think we had like, 4 minutes until we could go into Toy Story Mania, so we just hung out and watched people try to go through the FP line without FP's. Seriously, you would think by now people would get it, but so many people walk up and try to tell stories or play dumb, it's kind of amusing. :rotfl:
God, this is a pet peeve of mine, especially when they're holding up the legit FP+ holders behind them. People are such jerks sometimes! :sad2:

FINALLY it was time for my favorite ride of all time except for Soarin', my Tower of Terror!

IMG_8756.jpg
YAY!!! ToT is my favorite at HS! (As it happens, Soarin' is my favorite at Epcot!) :cutie:

When we got on the elevator, some girls had a selfie stick with them. The CM told her she can't use it on the ride, and she said ok, and he was like "no seriously, they're banned on rides, if we see you using it, we'll have to stop the ride" and she was just all "Ok whatever". What do you think happens 30 seconds into the ride? The elevator stops, lights come on, and a voice tells her to put her selfie stick away or we'll all have to get off the ride. She finally got the message and put her stupid selfie stick away. (I'm sorry, I really hate those things!:rotfl2:)
I refer back to my comments about people trying to sleeze through the FP+ line. Jerks! The good news is that slefie sticks and no long banned just on the rides, now they are banned in the parks COMPLETELY!!! :thumbsup2

I didn't take many pictures because I just kind of wanted to stand there and enjoy it. I love it so much, but most of the time, I'm trying to get that perfect picture, and I feel like unless I get a really good camera and learn about photography, I'm never going to get that perfect picture that I'm after! So why bother? Take a few shots and then just watch and listen!
Sometimes you just GOTTA! I feel compelled to take pics of EVERYTHING on my trips, especially since I started writing TRs here. But sometimes you just gotta put the camera down and enjoy the experience, you know? Good for you! :goodvibes

Spaceship Earth was looking lovely on the way out, I love when it's all lit up and colorful at night!

IMG_8775.jpg

IMG_8777.jpg
Gorgeous Spaceship Earth photos! I love them! :lovestruc

And I knew I'd sleep a little better that night, because of the friend I bought for myself...

IMG_8778.jpg
Oh my god, how cute is he?! :cutie:

A Bambi pillow pet!!! I'm sorry, I know I'm an adult and these are for kids, and I had no intention of buying one on this trip (I already had 2 at home!) but when I saw Bambi, I could not resist, it's just so cute!
Since when is anything at Disney World "just for kids?" ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter