• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The "I Wasn't Going to Do a Trip Report" Trip Report!~May 2015-Update 5/10/16-New TR link!

I love flying out of our little airport because even though I'm stressed until we board ( more so before getting through security which usually takes all of 5 minutes! :rotfl2::lmao:) there's usually barely anyone there!

Geez- I have week and a half and I plan to write my list of things to pack for every one, and try to start this weekend! :) I'm always an early packer, but always ALWAYS feel I forget something.

Mike and I decided even though we are getting a rental, I'll ride DME with the boys, while.he gets the car and meet at POR. PLUS, that way our checked luggage can just go the hotel and we don't have to wait for it! (Smart right?) I hope!

I love those tiles! So cute!!!

Can't wait to hear more about arrival day!!!
party:

Last edited:
I'm here, Jen! Sorry I'm late!

That's too bad that you got to bed later than you'd hoped. I'm also aiming to be in bed at a reasonable time on Friday - we have an early morning flight, too. Thankfully, almost all of my laundry is done so I should be able to start packing tonight! :thumbsup2

I guess it's a good thing we only have three magic bands? :confused3 (I feel like I've heard that before, but who knows why that's an issue?)

The Wilderness Lodge looks so beautiful! :goodvibes

As for the magic bands, last trip.the guy told us we can call and deactivate old ones or they can do it for you. Nothing about only being able to have 3 at a time. He just said the more you have, the slower things can go, I guess.

I had that nagging feeling that I was forgetting something important, but I always feel that way when we go to Disney.

Oof, I hear that!

IMG_8585.jpg

Ah, one of the true benefits of diving... a great arch photo, lol.

And again, AHHHHH WILDERNESS LODGE!!!!

That's interesting as I didn't even know it was possible to have more than 3 active MB's. Good to know.

I hear ya on the ground floor thing, and it is snakes that are the reason. BUT... I actually loved having a ground floor and being able to just pop outside and roam, lol.

So the bathroom tiles are new? I had no idea.

Joining in! I've read pretty much all of your other reports (and loved them!), but as a lurker....decided it was finally time to join for real! I KNOW what you mean about the Disney questions...my husband and I don't have children yet either, and I get hassled ALL THE TIME from non-Disney people about going to Disney childless. I know my feelings will change if I ever have children, but right now the thought of going with kids is terrifying, I love my trips with just my DH!! So I'm very excited to read about your trip, our anniversary is May 2nd (6 years), and we went to Disney for our honeymoon and every anniversary except this one! So we SHOULD have been there at the same time as you! We went in January this year and we're going back in October, and are booked at Wilderness Lodge for the first time. Another reason I'm looking forward to your report - Wilderness Lodge photos!! I'm so glad you decided to do a TR, can't wait to hear all about the trip!

Trisha

Yay! So excited to read your trip report!! :) We leave in 24 days and I am going to be honest...I am not that excited....:confused3 Life has been so crazy lately and I just haven't had time to sit down and actually let it soak in that in 24 days I will be heading to DISNEY! So, hopefully reading your TR will help out :) I love the WL!!! We stayed there last October and it was absolutely wonderful. I may have to stop by and visit on one of our rest days!! I can't wait to hear all about your afternoon at EPCOT!! See, I am already getting excited!! :)

(The airport stresses me out, if you can't tell. Basically until we're through security, I'm miserable. I should be excited, and I am, but I just find it all to be so aggravating! :rotfl:)
I always feel the same way. Its one reason I like to drive.

And I was afraid a snake would just come into our room from the ground floor. A legitimate fear, I think.
In Florida it is!::yes:: Its why I always request High Floor.

DtD was like a maze of walls, I felt like I had no idea where I was going.
You know many say that But I didn't get that feel at all while there. Maybe its because we didn't leave the marketplace area.

It's amazing to me how FAST TIME GOES BY IN DISNEY!!!!
::yes::::yes:: It really does!

Omg, the plans to be ready so far in advance before a Disney trip NEVER work out. I think I'm just gonna admit defeat from now on and plan to get no sleep before a trip. Like I'll bet you anything that even if I start packing TOMORROW for Disneyland that I'll still be up until 2 am the day of the trip, packing. That always happens. Always. :lmao:

YAYYYYY for arriving! Downtown Disney sounds like a complete nightmare, good gosh. I thought it was bad in September, I clearly had no idea! Hahaha.

MEEKOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Obsessed.

Yep, me too. Totally pointless. I'm never going to be completely packed and/or rested before a Disney trip!:rotfl2:

Ugh DtD is a total nightmare, I thought it was bad in December, but it's SOOOOO much worse! It's just walls and mazes and there's nowhere to park and the traffic is ridiculous!

Aww, I love Meeko! And Bambi! And the chippies! So basically all of those animals in my shower were awesome!

Yay, :welcome:

The best laid plans....;) Who needs sleep when you are going to Disney? :rotfl2:

I had the same situation at the airport...skycap wasn't even open yet.

Glad you stood your ground and got your upper floor. I do love that new tile in the bathrooms at WL.

Isn't it crazy at DTD? I can't even tell you how long it took us to take a cab there from the BWV! :faint:

Yay for arrival at your favorite park.

Haha, I know! It's just never going to happen! :confused3

Yeah I kind of wanted something from Dunkin' Donuts instead of Mc Donald's but even that wasn't open, that's how you know it's early! DD is always open! :rotfl:

Me too, it was totally worth it! :thumbsup2

OMG DtD is so ridiculous! I tried to avoid it, but we did have dinner reservations there one night, and then another random night I had to go there for something. I can't wait until it's finished 20 years from now!

Yay!! :banana:

Joining in! Wilderness Lodge looks so incredible!

Yay, :welcome:! It is, such a beautiful resort!

I'm here,Jen! I saw your signature on Kathy's report and realized you'd started a report. So excited to read about your May trip.

Uh oh, not sue the feeling of forgetting something is a good omen.

Wlderness Lodge! And Earl of Sandwich! What a geat arrival. Followed up by Epcot. Sounds like the makings of a wonderful first Disney day.

Yay so glad you're here! :goodvibes

Haha, it was ok, I didn't forget anything, I just felt like I did! But I always do, even when I leave for work in the morning, I'm assuming I forgot something!

It was such a great first day! Everything went so smoothly, it was strange, usually there's a hassle or two somewhere! The only annoying thing was how much time we took checking in and then going to DtD, but you have to expect that at Disney I guess!

Great TR so far!! I love the WL too...so nice. And of course the animal tiles lol. But I'm tired just reading about how you got 2 hours sleep and then left and then all the stuff you did by 1pm...gah...I think I'd fall asleep on the first ride I sat down on after that...I guess it depends what it is lol Looking forward to reading more about your trip!

Thanks! Aren't those tiles the cutest!

Yeah I know, I was tired, I was annoyed I couldn't take a 20 minute nap, but whatever, it's the first day in Disney, just gotta power through somehow! :cool1:

I love flying out of our little airport because even though I'm stressed until we board ( more so before getting through security which usually takes all of 5 minutes! :rotfl2::lmao:) there's usually barely anyone there!

Geez- I have week and a half and I plan to write my list of things to pack for every one, and try to start this weekend! :) I'm always an early packer, but always ALWAYS feel I forget something.

Mike and I decided even though we are getting a rental, I'll ride DME with the boys, while.he gets the car and meet at POR. PLUS, that way our checked luggage can just go the hotel and we don't have to wait for it! (Smart right?) I hope!

I love those tiles! So cute!!!

Can't wait to hear more about arrival day!!!
party:

Yeah I'm glad we can fly out of Hartford and not New York or something, because there's never a huge line at security. The only reason the SW counter had a somewhat long line is because they took their sweet time opening. I can only imagine how I'd be at one of the bigger airports! :eek:

I start writing my packing lists early, but I can't pack early. I tried to get organized the whole week before and it helped, but I still was up late the night before. I can't imagine having to pack for an entire family! Luckily all I have is Brandon to worry about and he packs his own stuff! :rotfl:

Ooh that's a good idea, I want to go on the Magical Express again so bad, but we always rent a car! You get the best of both worlds! :thumbsup2

I'm here, Jen! Sorry I'm late!

That's too bad that you got to bed later than you'd hoped. I'm also aiming to be in bed at a reasonable time on Friday - we have an early morning flight, too. Thankfully, almost all of my laundry is done so I should be able to start packing tonight! :thumbsup2

I guess it's a good thing we only have three magic bands? :confused3 (I feel like I've heard that before, but who knows why that's an issue?)

The Wilderness Lodge looks so beautiful! :goodvibes

Yay! You're not late, it's just getting started! :thumbsup2

Hope you get to sleep early, it's impossible for me! Even if I was finished packing the night before, I'm just way too excited to sleep! Just like that old commercial!

I have no idea why it's bad to have more than 3 magic bands, but I'm gonna have to go and deactivate some of them so I don't get yelled at again! (I'm just kidding, she didn't yell, she was very nice! :cool1:)

It is! I love it there!

As for the magic bands, last trip.the guy told us we can call and deactivate old ones or they can do it for you. Nothing about only being able to have 3 at a time. He just said the more you have, the slower things can go, I guess.

Oh really? We didn't have any problems, except Brandon's wouldn't open our door at first at the WL but they fixed that quickly! Our FP's were never a problem! Well anyway, I'll try to deactivate some on my own, and if I can't, I'll call. I don't need any of them active anymore anyway!

Joining in!

Yay, :welcome:

Oof, I hear that!

Ah, one of the true benefits of diving... a great arch photo, lol.

And again, AHHHHH WILDERNESS LODGE!!!!

That's interesting as I didn't even know it was possible to have more than 3 active MB's. Good to know.

I hear ya on the ground floor thing, and it is snakes that are the reason. BUT... I actually loved having a ground floor and being able to just pop outside and roam, lol.

So the bathroom tiles are new? I had no idea.

I didn't actually forget anything, which is good! Just felt like I did! I'm so paranoid about forgetting my license or something really important!

Thanks!

I know!!! My lodge!!! :lovestruc

I have like 50 active Magic Bands, haha! Guess I'll have to deactivate a few...:rolleyes1

You know, now that you mention it, we had a ground floor room at Pop in December and it was great...I was slightly afraid of snakes, but Pop is just so concrete, lol! And the WL is so wilderness-y...not only that, but I wanted to sit out on a balcony, overlooking the lodge and not be on the ground with people walking by! So I guess some places, the ground floor is ok, but at a deluxe, I think I'd rather have the balcony!

They've been there for a few years, when I was last there in 2011 they weren't, so they're new to me!

Joining in! I've read pretty much all of your other reports (and loved them!), but as a lurker....decided it was finally time to join for real! I KNOW what you mean about the Disney questions...my husband and I don't have children yet either, and I get hassled ALL THE TIME from non-Disney people about going to Disney childless. I know my feelings will change if I ever have children, but right now the thought of going with kids is terrifying, I love my trips with just my DH!! So I'm very excited to read about your trip, our anniversary is May 2nd (6 years), and we went to Disney for our honeymoon and every anniversary except this one! So we SHOULD have been there at the same time as you! We went in January this year and we're going back in October, and are booked at Wilderness Lodge for the first time. Another reason I'm looking forward to your report - Wilderness Lodge photos!! I'm so glad you decided to do a TR, can't wait to hear all about the trip!

Trisha

:welcome: Yay I'm glad you came out of lurkdom! :thumbsup2 Haha I know what you mean, I could not imagine going to Disney with kids! I look at the people who push around those double strollers and then have another one or two kids who are older also and I'm like "how do you do it???" :rotfl:

Happy Belated Anniversary! Oh, you're staying at the WL in October? You're going to love it, it's such a beautiful resort, so peaceful and perfect! And I love being so close the Magic Kingdom! :cool1:

Yay! So excited to read your trip report!! :) We leave in 24 days and I am going to be honest...I am not that excited....:confused3 Life has been so crazy lately and I just haven't had time to sit down and actually let it soak in that in 24 days I will be heading to DISNEY! So, hopefully reading your TR will help out :) I love the WL!!! We stayed there last October and it was absolutely wonderful. I may have to stop by and visit on one of our rest days!! I can't wait to hear all about your afternoon at EPCOT!! See, I am already getting excited!! :)

Yay! Haha I know what you mean, I was excited when I was a month out, but it just didn't seem real that we were really going, so I wasn't super excited like I normally am...don't worry, when you get closer, you will be! :cool1:

We always visit the WL when we're not staying there, it's just so beautiful, I have to hang out there for a little while, even if I'm just passing through!

I always feel the same way. Its one reason I like to drive.

In Florida it is!::yes:: Its why I always request High Floor.

You know many say that But I didn't get that feel at all while there. Maybe its because we didn't leave the marketplace area.

::yes::::yes:: It really does!

Yeah I can see how driving would eliminate travel stress! :thumbsup2

Haha, yep, that's why I had to have my 6th floor! That and I really wanted a balcony!

The marketplace was ok, but once you ventured down to PI/West side, it got crazy! So many walls! :faint:

Where is Ducky Momo??? I'm doing a scavenger hunt for my kids and would love to know?!

He's in the back of DHS where Phineas and Ferb meet...near the Streets of America! :thumbsup2

Following along, I have read your other reports...so glad you decided to do a TR for this trip!

Following along!

I agree that the whole airport thing is stressful! I hate the checking in and boarding process. That sign makes everything better, though!

The Wilderness Lodge looks beautiful! It seems like such a quiet, relaxing place to come back to after a long day at the parks.

Following along, I have read your other reports...so glad you decided to do a TR for this trip!

:welcome: Thanks for joining, and thank you, that's so nice! I'm always so surprised when people tell me they're glad I'm doing a TR, lol, I always think mine are boring compared to the other ones on here! :rotfl2:

Following along!

I agree that the whole airport thing is stressful! I hate the checking in and boarding process. That sign makes everything better, though!

The Wilderness Lodge looks beautiful! It seems like such a quiet, relaxing place to come back to after a long day at the parks.

:welcome:

Haha yes, the airport is stressful! I don't mind boarding exactly, but on Southwest, where you can choose your own seat, I'm just praying the whole time that no one sits with us! :rotfl:

It is so beautiful, and quiet and peaceful, I loved coming "home" there after being in the parks all day! :lovestruc

I never get sick of it, I don't want to vacation anywhere else (ok, that's not entirely true, I would like to see the world, but you know, there's only so much vacation time you're allowed, you know? :rotfl:), and no it's not boring if you don't have kids. Did I answer all of the "you're going to Disney World AGAIN" questions we all get? :rotfl2:
My life, girl. Seriously. My life. :lmao:

Belle is my favorite princess
Me too! princess:

Epcot is my favorite park
Me too! :earsgirl:

I go to Disney for the magic and fantasy, and he goes to eat and drink!
I'm like the perfect hybrid of you and your DH. (Adopt me?!) :thumbsup2

It was so much fun, just two huge dorks running wild through Disney! (Ok,not running, because clearly we are not runners...walking quickly is more appropriate!)
:rotfl2:

especially of Epcot, because it was SO beautiful during the Flower and Garden Festival!
It was GORGEOUS, wasn't it?! :flower:

How can one be expected to take the photo and be in the photo at the same time??? It's like walking and chewing gum. MADNESS!!
Some of us manage! #soloskills

I had this delusion in my head that we'd pack and be in bed by 10:30 at the latest.

Didn't happen.
Never does, dude. Never does. :sad2:

I had that nagging feeling that I was forgetting something important, but I always feel that way when we go to Disney. :confused3
Every. Single. Time! :scared:

The drive to Disney always used to seem SO long to me, but now it just seems shorter and shorter...like if I blink I might miss this wonderful sight:

IMG_8585.jpg
Someday... hopefully on my next trip... I won't be behind the wheel of a car finally, and can nab this photo for myself! I never can because I'm always driving! #soloproblems

Anyway, she said she had a room ready for us, but it was a first floor, and I requested a higher floor and did I want it. Brandon said yes, so of course, I had to be the jerk and say no. :snooty: I just really wanted a nice balcony to sit on that was high up, overlooking...well, we had a standard room, so I assumed we'd be looking over a rooftop or the parking lot, lol, but still, I just wanted to be higher up.
Good for you for standing your ground and waiting for better! The resort CMs probably hate me, but I'm parsnickity about getting my requests, and I will wait if I have to! :cutie:

And I was afraid a snake would just come into our room from the ground floor. A legitimate fear, I think.
W:badpc:hen in Florida.... :rolleyes:

What I was most excited about, though, was not the fact that we were on the 6th floor or that the room was so beautiful, it was THESE little guys:

IMG_8590.jpg
OMG! I looooove this! Love love love! :lovestruc I want to stay at WL now JUST so I can shower with these cuties! (Is that weird? :confused3 )

Following along... our 1st trip is in October and I'm having a great time reading the trip reports from just recently! :)

joining in - great intros! I think I am a blend of both of you as I go for the magic and fantasy ... AND the food and booze! :rotfl2:

I am the same way with the airport I think mostly because, at least in my area, you never know how long the security line will be so until I get through that line with some time before boarding I stress out

That you went for an egg mcmuffin instead of just a hash brown is absolutely the type of detail we want!

It seems like the view of how many magic bands you can have varies so much ... I read some stories of similar interactions with CMs that you had - but then others that said there is no limit to how many bands you can have. At this point some people have like 30 of them so I think Disney needs to figure out an official policy and process around that as the numbers are only going to increase

Sorry the CM made you feel like you were in trouble though - even if she had to communicate the message she did there is a way to do that in a much ore positive way.

sounds like you hit DTD at some of its worst - seems like recently some of the walls have started coming down. I know our last trip we just skipped it as it just sounded stressful... very excited for when it is all done though

haha, I never thought of that but those tiles do make it seem like Chip, Dale, and friends are peeping toms :rotfl:

Bummer about no nap - but EPOCT is calling! Great shot of Spaceship Earth!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter