• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

The "I Can't Believe I'm Doing a PTR for This Trip"PTR-UD 5/17*TR Link!*

What fun Missy! its funny I was just telling leamom2princesses about the fruit rollup sushi two days ago for her Mulan disney night! but I could not find the article to send to her...
Have a Blessed and fun Easter to you and your family!

Love the sushi, Missy! Looks like the boys did too!

I always found sucking on red hots (the little cinnamon imperials things) worked really well at keeping nausea away when I was pregnant - maybe it would help with motion sickness too! We have used the patch and the bracelet things on the cruises we have been on (a LONG time ago...I need to go on another cruise....:sad1: I was a teenager when we went on one that was 7 days and I was like 24 when I went on a 2 day cruise to nowhere that left out of our local port here in VA).

Happy Easter, Missy! Have a wonderful weekend with your family! :goodvibes

Sara

Love the sushi!! I remember reading about your April Fools Day food last year & tried to make a mental note... oops! I forgot!

We have the same presidents' placemat! :thumbsup2

Peppermint Altoids help settle my tummy if it's a little upset.

Oh yeah! I remember your April Fool's celebration pictures from last year! :thumbsup2 Very cool. :goodvibes

What a great idea Missy!!:thumbsup2 I'll have to remember that for next year! I'm sure the boys will get such a kick out of it!;)

I hope you and your family had a wonderful Easter!!!:goodvibes

Thanks everyone! I love April Fool's Day! I'm glad you all liked my little prank! :goodvibes

We had a nice Easter....went to PA to visit family. A short visit, but a nice one!

Happy 30 Days!!
party: :jumping1::dancer::rockband::dancer::jumping1: party:

PS - I tried to get over here from the link in your siggie but it took me over to your CoP TR... :confused3

Thanks Amy for the 30 day dance! :banana: :banana: :banana:

I fixed my signature...not sure what happened, but it's all better now! :thumbsup2

What a great tradition! I got an email from Family Fun the other day that had a bunch of different April Fool's Day recipes. Maybe you could go there and get ideas for next year.

I hope that you had a great Easter weekend!

Great Sushi...npow I'd eat that ;) and hey that's my new shirt (Tink) :thumbsup2

I always get the fun emails about april fool's food fun...but never end up w/ time to make anything...one of these years.

J~

What a great tradition! I got an email from Family Fun the other day that had a bunch of different April Fool's Day recipes. Maybe you could go there and get ideas for next year.

I hope that you had a great Easter weekend!

I love FamilyFun and use their website a lot! I've done several of their ideas for April Fool's Day, so I hope they have some new ones for next year!

Great Sushi...npow I'd eat that ;) and hey that's my new shirt (Tink) :thumbsup2

I always get the fun emails about april fool's food fun...but never end up w/ time to make anything...one of these years.

J~

LOL! I love that Tink shirt! The boys loved the "sushi"....I had to tell them to slow down on them and save room for the real dinner!

I just wanted to post a picture or two of our Easter festivities. We went to Corry, PA to visit my parents like we do every year. This year the weather was gorgeous...it's been known to snow on Easter there! In 2007 we took the kids sledding on Easter Sunday instead of egg hunting! :scared1: But not this year!

Dan found his basket in the dishwasher!
Easter20101.jpg

Jonah's was under the bathroom sink.
Easter20102.jpg

The boys with their baskets
Easter20106.jpg

After church..they had a fit that I wouldn't let them change until I took pics!
Easter20107.jpg

Jeff and I
Easter20108.jpg

The family
Easter20109.jpg

I hope you all had a Blessed and Happy Easter with your families!

ONLY 28 DAYS TILL VACATION!! :banana: :banana:

You are the queen of cool ideas. :worship: I like the hiding the Easter baskets in the house!

So glad that the weather cooperated and you weren't sledding instead of egg hunting.

We've definitely had snowy Easters here too... Luckily it was gorgeous this year. :thumbsup2

Easter basket in the dishwasher! :rotfl:

I can't get over how big the boys look... and how small you look. ;) I can really see it in your face.

I LOVE that the Bunny that comes to your house hides the baskets too....Ours always has. Its always been an issue with me and DH. Let me ask you this though........When Santa comes, are HIS presents wrapped or unwrapped? Everytime Santa visits us, his gifts are unwrapped and put together sitting so nice under the twinkle lights. When Santa used to visit DH though, he wrapped his presents.....weird!

Great Easter pictures!! Love the idea of hiding the Easter baskets!! Too funny about the one in the dishwasher!!:laughing:

Too funny! with hiding of the Easter baskets! would never have thought of that one!
love the family photo!! you look fantastic as well as everyone in the family! ;)

Signing on. Can't wait to hear more.

Finding the baskets is cute. The Easter bunny used to leave tracks to the basket and then my God daughter had to follow the tracks to fill the basket!!

I've heard of hiding the eggs, but never the entire basket! Now that could be a challenge!

Happy Easter and Happy Spring! :flower3:

Kathy

Ours were always hidden too. Some weird places! Inside the washer, behind the couch, even inside a well cleaned out trash can! Im pretty sure the Bunny liked to torture us!

You are the queen of cool ideas. :worship: I like the hiding the Easter baskets in the house!

So glad that the weather cooperated and you weren't sledding instead of egg hunting.

I'm glad the weather was nice too...it's about time! ;)

We've definitely had snowy Easters here too... Luckily it was gorgeous this year. :thumbsup2

Easter basket in the dishwasher! :rotfl:

I can't get over how big the boys look... and how small you look. ;) I can really see it in your face.

Thanks Amy! All the food my grandmother put out for Easter was not helpful, but I tried to be good! :goodvibes

I LOVE that the Bunny that comes to your house hides the baskets too....Ours always has. Its always been an issue with me and DH. Let me ask you this though........When Santa comes, are HIS presents wrapped or unwrapped? Everytime Santa visits us, his gifts are unwrapped and put together sitting so nice under the twinkle lights. When Santa used to visit DH though, he wrapped his presents.....weird!

Santa wraps the presents. But....Santa ALWAYS has special paper with his picture on it!

Great Easter pictures!! Love the idea of hiding the Easter baskets!! Too funny about the one in the dishwasher!!:laughing:

LOL! We had to tell everyone in the house NOT to run the dishwasher!

Too funny! with hiding of the Easter baskets! would never have thought of that one!
love the family photo!! you look fantastic as well as everyone in the family! ;)

Thank you Connie! A lot have mentioned it so I'm going to fill you all in on the hiding of the baskets tradition at the end of this post.

What an admiring family!!!

May everybody be blessed by God everyday and everywhere!!! Happy Easter to every family!!!

Hi there cultureart! Glad to have you along...thank you for the kind words! :goodvibes

Signing on. Can't wait to hear more.

Finding the baskets is cute. The Easter bunny used to leave tracks to the basket and then my God daughter had to follow the tracks to fill the basket!!

Hi and welcome! Thanks for joining in on this unusual PTR! I love the bunny tracks idea! :thumbsup2

Very cool idea to hide the Easter baskets. :thumbsup2 You're so creative, Missy! :goodvibes

That explanation coming right up!

I've heard of hiding the eggs, but never the entire basket! Now that could be a challenge!

Happy Easter and Happy Spring! :flower3:

Kathy

See explanation of our basket-hiding tradition below! Thanks for the Easter and Spring wishes! :)

Ours were always hidden too. Some weird places! Inside the washer, behind the couch, even inside a well cleaned out trash can! Im pretty sure the Bunny liked to torture us!

Hi Rebecca!

Since several of you have mentioned the basket-hiding tradition, I thought I'd try to shed a little light on it. Growing up in Pennsylvania, the Easter Bunny never hid our baskets. They were always on the table when we came down for breakfast on Easter morning. :) When Jeff and I got married and had kids, we discussed it and he said that the Easter Bunny always hid his basket. :confused3 I had never heard of that, but it sounded fun, so that's what our Easter Bunny does every year! ;) It must be an upstate New York thing because it seems to be very common around here and Pyrate Princess also got hidden baskets....she's from Buffalo. I love doing it because it really gets the boys excited. They love to talk about where they have found their baskets in the past and it's a great tradition. So...no, I didn't come up with it on my own. I really believe it's a fairly regional tradition. But we LOVE it! :banana:

Since several of you have mentioned the basket-hiding tradition, I thought I'd try to shed a little light on it. Growing up in Pennsylvania, the Easter Bunny never hid our baskets. They were always on the table when we came down for breakfast on Easter morning. :) When Jeff and I got married and had kids, we discussed it and he said that the Easter Bunny always hid his basket. :confused3 I had never heard of that, but it sounded fun, so that's what our Easter Bunny does every year! ;) It must be an upstate New York thing because it seems to be very common around here and Pyrate Princess also got hidden baskets....she's from Buffalo. I love doing it because it really gets the boys excited. They love to talk about where they have found their baskets in the past and it's a great tradition. So...no, I didn't come up with it on my own. I really believe it's a fairly regional tradition. But we LOVE it! :banana:

Ok this is funny since DH is from PA and never had hidden baskets!!!!!!

I grew up in PA and my mom always hid our baskets. I always thought it was a Scottish or European tradition. I could be wrong.:confused3

It is such a cute idea. My girls are too old for that now, but I could always start with my grandkids someday in the very far away future. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter