The I am a pirate/fireman, I am not a hijacker thread, all about nothing in general

Congratulations!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

congratulations on the graduation ceremony. mine was strangely surreal as it took a while for it to sink in that it was all over and i was outta there for good :)

Congratulations!

Enjoy the graduation ceremony. Well deserved.

Congratulations Frangipanisam!!!!!

Congrats!! :thumbsup2

Thanks everyone :flower3: :goodvibes It was such a good night, I'll figure out how to post a photo in my PRT :teeth:

I was a tiny bit cut though because I was sat by myself away from the four girls I was graduating with for the ceremony, if 1 person hadn't registered I would have been with them!! lol oh well not a big deal, I was just bored :p

Hope you don't get sick or too sick Alicia :flower3: and good luck with the job pixiedust:

I got mine on my 3rd attempt and was then miffed when I did get it because mum and dad wouldn't let me drive their car on my own :crazy2:

I had a horrible tester on two goes, and I remember he failed me for driving in the right lane on the freeway in Brisbane and I also rolled slightly doing a 3 point turn on a hill :confused3 I'm also still horrible at reverse parking.

Fiji planning for all the family sounds fun Travel Mum-good therapy to keep the disblues away!

Congrats Frangipanisam-my DD graduated last year. Its a great feeling and you have a fantastic trip to celebrate.

Alicia1506-hope you shake the cold/flu off quickly -what a bummer. I have everything crossed for you re the job. Hopefully your luck will turn soon. Its such a tough job market at the moment. I am grateful I have had a run of back to back contracts the last few years.

On that topic I just found out in my current contract a big submission is due mid March (we were all anticipating it would be the end of May) so it will be crazy over Xmas onwards...but this might mean we go to Europe and DLP in May/June instead of Sept/Oct I was planning..aah not enough time to get organised for this ocd planner (especially since work will be nutso hours) and some great deals have already been out for ages! Spent last night studying airfare combo's.

My mum just messaged me on Facebook telling me one of her friends Dad had a bad nosebleed on Monday that wouldn't stop so he saw a Dr, he was promptly diagnosed with Leukemia and given a week to live.
At least he hasn't been in pain, but it just makes you cherish the time you have.

Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today.

My mum just messaged me on Facebook telling me one of her friends Dad had a bad nosebleed on Monday that wouldn't stop so he saw a Dr, he was promptly diagnosed with Leukemia and given a week to live.
At least he hasn't been in pain, but it just makes you cherish the time you have.

Seize the day......a great way to live.....Cause you never know what the universe has in store for you tomorrow.

By the looks of this thread and the post count, you guys have been busy the last few weeks...congrats, get well soon, awesome, sorry to hear about that....hope I haven't forgotten anyone...

Can't wait to get home on my desk top, my iPad is just too small to read properly, or am I just getting old:surfweb:

becpee said:

Holy ****, that's awful.!

Absolutely!

Life is too short. Enjoy life...and don't sweat the small stuff.

I'm sorry to read about your family friend.

Seize the day......a great way to live.....Cause you never know what the universe has in store for you tomorrow.

By the looks of this thread and the post count, you guys have been busy the last few weeks...congrats, get well soon, awesome, sorry to hear about that....hope I haven't forgotten anyone...

Can't wait to get home on my desk top, my iPad is just too small to read properly, or am I just getting old:surfweb:

Safe travels home.

becpee said:

That's really sad news becpee :( we need these wake up calls every now & then, it's just horrible that they usually involve terrible health news for people :(

Seize the day...

wow. what terrible news. this has made me really stop and think and put my situation in perspective. if i was told i only had one week to live -- omg. i'm constantly putting off things (like diet, getting life insurance, organising my super etc) to 'tomorrow' ... i am taking today to spend with my family and treasure each and every minute.

i am truly sorry for your family friend becpee -- that is devastating news :(

I feel very fortunate that if something happened to myself or my DH my DS would be able to say "remember we all went on that trip", I want my DS to have good memories of his childhood.
I had a nice childhood, but as a family we never did "fun" stuff, my family didn't "do" fun.
DS said tonight "Los Angeles is the most fun place in the whole world, mum makes good trips"

I feel very fortunate that if something happened to myself or my DH my DS would be able to say "remember we all went on that trip", I want my DS to have good memories of his childhood.
I had a nice childhood, but as a family we never did "fun" stuff, my family didn't "do" fun.
DS said tonight "Los Angeles is the most fun place in the whole world, mum makes good trips"

awww. i'm sure that comment made all the months of planning and stressing worthwhile.

i know that when i do all my crazy planning and type a touring plans and endlessly searching for the perfect hotel etc -- it's to ensure that my family have the most amazing time that can be had on the trip :)

becpee said:

That made me a little teary!

3 weeks to go till our trip and I hope the kids say something beautiful like that :)

I'm bored...

Work is so boring...

All this talk of seizing the day and so forth - I couldn't agree more, yet here I am, wasting a day away at work, trying to earn money for our future... :crazy2:

frangipanisam :cheer2: Congrats on your graduation

Well my latest news is that Mum and Dad want to take us (the extended family) to Fiji on holiday for a week next October to celebrate Dad's 70th birthday. :cheer2: That will be my parents ex Auckland, my family of five ex Wellington, my sister and her own family of five ex Christchurch and my other sister and her husband ex Sydney. Since my sister and I both have a child in high school, it will have to be in the school holidays even though Dad's birthday is on October 21st so we are looking at the dates 5-11 October. Oh and DD14 has to be in Auckland on 12 October for the One Direction concert that she and her friends have already (!) bought tickets for. So that's all very exciting of course. :cool1: Our last extended family trip was to Vietnam in 2009 for Mum's birthday but this one will be quite sentimental as we lived in Fiji for a couple of years when I was young so it holds a special place in our hearts. :grouphug:

Anyway, I've been tasked to organise it so have decided that we will probably go out to Mana and am currently getting rates. I've contaced Air NZ and we can apply for group fares so, once it is within 11 months out, I can get a quote. I figure that closer to the time I'll book a fishing trip for Dad and the "boys" and an island hopping trip for us all but, other than that, that's it - one year out and not much else for me to do!! :rotfl: That's why our WDW trip was such fun for me to plan - so much to research and learn. :)

Hopefully knowing that I will have this Fiji trip will lessen my intense yearning to go back to WDW next December and I can then work on hopefully getting back in December 2014. Fingers crossed anyway. ;)

Thats awesome that you get to have a family holiday like that :)

That is so sad it does make you think and be grateful we have all had these wonderful opportunitys to travel with our kids and give them a memory to cherish forever:hug:

oooh, WAMUMOF4 - tell me about your Gallipoli trip! Are you planning on going for the dawn service? Do you know how to enter into the ballot?

I'd love to do this too... :goodvibes

That is so sad it does make you think and be grateful we have all had these wonderful opportunitys to travel with our kids and give them a memory to cherish forever:hug:
Very true :thumbsup2

Also, something evil I've been thinking :joker:
What is with all the ECV's at DW and DL?
I highly doubt all the people using them have a genuine need, and while at DW the other week I kept noticing a group of 3 people with a wheelchair, and I think the reason I kept to noticing them was because they were taking it in turns pushing each other around the park :scratchin
Then tonight while waiting for our table out the front of the restaurant a group of 7 young women on ECV's moved through and I am pretty sure they weren't needing them legitimately.
The young guy doing donuts in the carpark of Epcot probably didn't need the ECV either :cheer2:
Next time we come I'm getting an ECV...it's all the rage

oooh, WAMUMOF4 - tell me about your Gallipoli trip! Are you planning on going for the dawn service? Do you know how to enter into the ballot?

I'd love to do this too... :goodvibes

We are doing a cruise we actually go to Anzac cove before the 25th of April and are in the water somewhere where we are suppose to be able to see the lights and the shoreline at dawn they are having the dawn service broadcast live on the ship it is ridiculously expensive and to be honest we are regretting booking but our deposit is now non refundable http://www.gallipolicruise2015.com.au/
I am trying to make myself excited about it;)

Don't mention that thought over in the main part of the boards. I remember once reading a thread that started:

"Every time I go to DLR it looks more and more like a scene from Wall.E"

:rotfl: I thought it was a very funny comment to make, but he/she was flamed from everyone!! :faint:

It's true though, you do start to wonder... :rolleyes1

We are doing a cruise we actually go to Anzac cove before the 25th of April and are in the water somewhere where we are suppose to be able to see the lights and the shoreline at dawn they are having the dawn service broadcast live on the ship it is ridiculously expensive and to be honest we are regretting booking but our deposit is now non refundable http://www.gallipolicruise2015.com.au/
I am trying to make myself excited about it;)

If not this, what do you think you'd prefer to do instead?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter