The I am a pirate/fireman, I am not a hijacker thread, all about nothing in general

Alicia that's awesome news! I'm so happy for you! The sooner you can get back to work the sooner you can start day dreaming about quitting!! :lmao:

so last week i went to a recruitment company to register for a job. they had me sit in a room and fill in forms for 2 hours and told me they would put me forward for the next round of opportunities. no interview. no personality test, writing test, math test, personality test, etc. seemed too good to be true.

sent them an email yesterday asking if all the forms were filled in correctly and if they needed more details about references etc. got a reply stating that they had completed ref checks, put my name forward and should be getting back to me later this week.

got a call at 8.15am this morning that went something like this: 'Hi Alicia? How you doing hon? Yeah, just wanted to let you know you start work Monday at 8.15am at XXX location. Congrats!! I'll send you an email with the details. Bye'

omg!!! so in 5 more days i will be officially employed again. I am so, so, so happy.

a. we really need the money. b. i'm going stir crazy with nothing to do. c. this trip next year is now a possibility and i can get excited about it again. d. i can now afford to do xmas and carlo's birthday.

oh, the happiness i am feeling right now. i just did a little boogie dance in my study in my pjs. :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Congratulations Alicia.

So happy that it worked out! :cheer2:

I got a pin code!!!

Yesterday i was thinking of changing our itinerary and dropping wdw and i woke up this morning with an email from disney and a pin code!!!

I am doing the happy dance in my pjs again for the second day in a row :)

I got a pin code!!!

Yesterday i was thinking of changing our itinerary and dropping wdw and i woke up this morning with an email from disney and a pin code!!!

Wow! That's fantastic! I didn't think they sent pin codes to anyone without a USA address.

So glad the pixie dust is raining on you at the moment Alicia, after all your work and health problems , its time you had some wonderful news :cheer2:

Have fun working on your itinerary :thumbsup2

Andona

Wow! That's fantastic! I didn't think they sent pin codes to anyone without a USA address.

So glad the pixie dust is raining on you at the moment Alicia, after all your work and health problems , its time you had some wonderful news :cheer2:

Have fun working on your itinerary :thumbsup2

Andona

lol. they don't.

i jumped on the website this morning to investigate further, and it didn't recognise my zip/postal code. so i rang disney reservations, they looked it up and they had an iowa zip code in the system for me (what the ????). after much investigation, it turns out that my queensland address with post code of 4152 matches up with an iowa address with zip code 41521, so for some reason, when it was added into their reservation system, the extra 1 was added.

all fixed now after the lovely louise-antoinette fixed it for me, i got to start my day listening to disney tunes, and i get to keep the pin code.

omg, love the pixie dust :)

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I got a pin code!!!

That is really great news Alicia. looks like it's all turning round for you. :thumbsup2

That is really great news Alicia. looks like it's all turning round for you. :thumbsup2

lol. the lovely louise-antoinette was lovely. but it turns out, not all of my issues were fixed... i was told my pin would be up & running within 30 mins.

1.5 hours later i call back as it's still not working. this time i got Blair who was even more lovely and professional. turns out, she could see it on her system, but it hadn't uploaded to the internet yet. not a problem. she corrected my address on the system (recorded incorrectly and not picked up during the first call), added the pin code to my reservation, gave me a quote, put a note on the reservation to put us as close to animation hall as possible in one of the cars suites, put a note on our reservation for first visit buttons and explained how 'pixie dust' worked and gave me the details for DCL reservations etc and just was omg awesome. i left good comments for her.

i love disney reservations. they are just so, so pleasant and happy and uplifting. i am in such a good mood right now. and on my phone plan, i can call them for 5c/minute so the 30 min call was only $1.50. score!!!

alicia1506 said:
I got a pin code!!!

So what was the offer?

lol. the lovely louise-antoinette was lovely. but it turns out, not all of my issues were fixed... i was told my pin would be up & running within 30 mins.

1.5 hours later i call back as it's still not working. this time i got Blair who was even more lovely and professional. turns out, she could see it on her system, but it hadn't uploaded to the internet yet. not a problem. she corrected my address on the system (recorded incorrectly and not picked up during the first call), added the pin code to my reservation, gave me a quote, put a note on the reservation to put us as close to animation hall as possible in one of the cars suites, put a note on our reservation for first visit buttons and explained how 'pixie dust' worked and gave me the details for DCL reservations etc and just was omg awesome. i left good comments for her.

i love disney reservations. they are just so, so pleasant and happy and uplifting. i am in such a good mood right now. and on my phone plan, i can call them for 5c/minute so the 30 min call was only $1.50. score!!!

Congrats on the pixie dust!! How awesome is that! Also congrats on the new job!

Sooo, the results are back. So not what I was expecting. My strengths usually lie in the English/Verbal area and I expected to do well in that section. Quantitative skills are most definitely not my forte but alas I did well. Weird!

Here are my results:
Verbal:151
Quantitative: 169
Overall score: 160

I scored in the 75.3 percentile.

I'm pretty happy with those results.

Sooo, the results are back. So not what I was expecting. My strengths usually lie in the English/Verbal area and I expected to do well in that section. Quantitative skills are most definitely not my forte but alas I did well. Weird!

Here are my results:
Verbal:151
Quantitative: 169
Overall score: 160

I scored in the 75.3 percentile.

I'm pretty happy with those results.

Congratulations! That's a great percentile to be in. Will you get in?

i feel :sick: and :furious: and :confused3 DH has been in the process of having his job changed over to permanent his offer is $30,000 less than what he is on now to me that is flippin crazy they are so taking advantage of all the job losses in mining i dont know what we should do!

What is that as a percentage of his new wage, there is always a 25% casual loading. For me I prefer the security, as well as paid leave and sick leave, but that is a lot of money!

What is that as a percentage of his new wage, there is always a 25% casual loading. For me I prefer the security, as well as paid leave and sick leave, but that is a lot of money!

Normally the offer would be very close to what he is already on but because we have a downturn in mining they think they can get away with it, i am with you on the security but its not worth him working away for that much less money he can earn that or close to and be home every night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter