The How-Do-I-Write-a-PTR PTR!

Awww, I'm so sorry that Willow isn't feeling well. :sad1: I hope she feels better real soon!

That picture of her eating the cake is so precious! :goodvibes And where did you find those Spiderman ring pops? Reid would LOVE those!

Count me in as another mom having listening issues with her child. :sad2: Maybe it's summer fever or something making them all crazy? :confused3 :laughing:
Thanks - two days of high fever, headache, stomachache, and now the puking has started. I'm assuming THAT means that we are nearing the end. :confused3 A girl can hope......

I think I may have gotten the Spiderman ring pops at Walgreens! Reid needs some!!!!

I'm so sorry that Willow's sick! Poor kid. I hope that everything will be ok for you at work. I know that guilt well (and assuming that everyone is only pretending to understand and be nice).

You know how you always hear about the terrible 2s? (I thought 3 was way worse) Why doesn't anyone ever tell you about the "teenager attitude 5s"? I am so sick of Maddie not listening and giving me attitude! Today I gave her a 5 minute warning before we left the pool. When I said it was time to go she said "Um, mom? I'm not really done playing here." Complete with head bob and eyebrows up. I believe that I said "Um, I don't really care. Let's go." ;)

I'm sure there must be a packing thread:lmao: If not, maybe you can start one? Amanda and I will join in. :lmao:
Thanks. I tend to feel a lot more guilt than is necessary, I think. It's just who I am! :confused3

Oh, the THREES are the worst to date by far. Five has been pretty good, but the attitude is something else - and you're right, it is very teenage-y, crossing arms, rolling eyes, etc. Ugh! :rotfl:

I found a packing thread! :scared1: :rotfl2:

Can you guys please stop scaring me with tales of "terrible threes" and "teenager attitude- 5s". Here I was thinking that if I just made it through the next six months alive, I'd have a whole new kid :rotfl2::rotfl: You know, one that actually listens, and doesn't whine or have meltdowns, I can still dream, right!??:lmao:

I'm so sorry Willow isn't feeling well, and I hope she gets better soon! I'm glad that work was accommodating about your conference!

Good luck with packing! I hope you find a detailed list (who am I kidding, this is the DIS, there will likely be a half dozen detailed lists!) :rotfl:
Sorry - didn't mean to scare you! :rotfl2: Maybe boys are different. :confused3 Actually, I think there is a good possibility that they are - at least a few degrees less dramatic! The 4s are pretty darn great! :thumbsup2

You were right - found a VERY detailed Excel list! :rotfl2:

Can you guys please stop scaring me with tales of "terrible threes" and "teenager attitude- 5s". Here I was thinking that if I just made it through the next six months alive, I'd have a whole new kid :rotfl2::rotfl: You know, one that actually listens, and doesn't whine or have meltdowns, I can still dream, right!??:lmao:

For me, the 2's were the absolute worst with Reid! But, 3 had it's challenges & 4 does too. The ugly attitude & not listening are our current battles. But, no matter the challenge, there's lots of fun times too! :goodvibes

Thanks - two days of high fever, headache, stomachache, and now the puking has started. I'm assuming THAT means that we are nearing the end. :confused3 A girl can hope......

Poor thing! I hope it'll be over very soon!

I think I may have gotten the Spiderman ring pops at Walgreens! Reid needs some!!!!

I'm definitely going to check out Walgreens when I go there this weekend!

I'm here to report that 5 year old boys have the " teenager 5s" too:rotfl2:

I get the "um, mom" responses too. Drive me nuts. I also have been getting "your not the boss of me," and "I can if I want." We sat Anthony down and were talking to him about listening to grown-ups and he said, "Well I've been a grown-up since I was 3." The attitude is so nasty but what he's saying is funny too because he is dead serious. There's never a dull moment!

I hope Willow gets to feeling better soon. :grouphug:Sounds kind of like what Tessa had, but she only had it about three days.

Well, I took Willow to school today - she seemed much better this morning. But I got The Call at about 3:00 - she had a fever again and needed to be picked up. So I'm back home until Monday. :scared1: I really hope she manages to kick this thing over the next day or two. We both really need out of the house! :laughing:

For me, the 2's were the absolute worst with Reid! But, 3 had it's challenges & 4 does too. The ugly attitude & not listening are our current battles. But, no matter the challenge, there's lots of fun times too! :goodvibes

Poor thing! I hope it'll be over very soon!

I'm definitely going to check out Walgreens when I go there this weekend!
That is interesting - I really didn't find the 2s nearly as bad as the 3s. :confused3 And, of course, it wasn't until I was well into the 3s that other moms finally told me that that was often the norm. :roll eyes:

I hope you find the Spidey-pops!!!

I'm here to report that 5 year old boys have the " teenager 5s" too:rotfl2:

I get the "um, mom" responses too. Drive me nuts. I also have been getting "your not the boss of me," and "I can if I want." We sat Anthony down and were talking to him about listening to grown-ups and he said, "Well I've been a grown-up since I was 3." The attitude is so nasty but what he's saying is funny too because he is dead serious. There's never a dull moment!

I hope Willow gets to feeling better soon. :grouphug:Sounds kind of like what Tessa had, but she only had it about three days.
:rotfl2: I am sorry for the attitude, but I am a little happy to know that at least some "boy moms" deal with it too!

How about an update??? :confused3

So, today, before I got The Call to pick up Willow, I made a little call to the nice Disney folks to place a couple of orders.

I ordered a 24-pack of bottled water for us to enjoy during the week. Willow and I like to keep hydrated. :thumbsup2

I also ordered the "Bon Voyage - Leave shore in luxury with an opulent selection of Champagne, petit fours and chocolate strawberries." This little treat will be awaiting us in our stateroom when we arrive! :woohoo:

After I had placed the order, I told the woman that I had heard a rumor that there was a number I could call to find out what movies would be playing on board during our cruise. I was hoping she could give me that number. She could not - instead, she looked it up for me and listed all the movies! Here they are:

In 3D:
POC (I'm assuming the most recent one, which I have not seen, so :woohoo:)
John Carter
Cars 2 - we haven't seen it yet, so :woohoo: again!
BRAVE!!!!!!! We were so hoping that this would be showing, and we are now PSYCHED! :cool1: :yay:

And regular D :rolleyes1:
The Help (would like to see this in the theater)
Real Steel
The Muppets (loved this and would see it again)
War Horse (was really wanting to see this and sad to have missed it, so :woohoo:)
Avengers (not sure whether I want to see this one :confused3)
Chimpanzee (really, really wanted to see this with Willow but didn't get the chance; now we might! :woohoo:)

Is it wrong if I spend my entire cruise going to the movies? :confused3 I NEVER get to go to the movies in real life, so I am weirdly over-excited about this list of movies! :rotfl2:

Sorry that Willow still isn't feeling well! I hope she gets better before Monday. :goodvibes

I am LOVING the movies playing on the ship during your cruise! :dance3: That is sooooo awesome that Brave will be playing! We're going to try & see it this Sunday. The Avengers was really, really good. But, if neither one of you like superheroes then you may want to skip. But, wait, isn't Willow kind of liking superheroes right now? Or is it just Spidey? :confused3 If it's just Spidey, he's not in it.

Sorry that Willow still isn't feeling well! I hope she gets better before Monday. :goodvibes

I am LOVING the movies playing on the ship during your cruise! :dance3: That is sooooo awesome that Brave will be playing! We're going to try & see it this Sunday. The Avengers was really, really good. But, if neither one of you like superheroes then you may want to skip. But, wait, isn't Willow kind of liking superheroes right now? Or is it just Spidey? :confused3 If it's just Spidey, he's not in it.
Thanks. I hope so too!

Aren't those great movies????? Maybe I will see Avengers then. Willow doesn't really know any superheroes (I have NO idea how she knows about Spidey), but maybe this would be an opportunity for her to get to know them? :confused3 There was a thread on the Community Board about a rather negative message for adoptees at some point in the movie (I have no doubt that it was unintentional and probably wouldn't even be noted by non-adoptive families) - at least I think it was that movie???? - now I'm not sure. :rotfl2: Anyway, I believe in watching and explaining, but I'm not sure I want to do that on a cruise/vacation. Hmm, I think I will wait and see if she has any interest in seeing it. :confused3

Thanks. I hope so too!

Aren't those great movies????? Maybe I will see Avengers then. Willow doesn't really know any superheroes (I have NO idea how she knows about Spidey), but maybe this would be an opportunity for her to get to know them? :confused3 There was a thread on the Community Board about a rather negative message for adoptees at some point in the movie (I have no doubt that it was unintentional and probably wouldn't even be noted by non-adoptive families) - at least I think it was that movie???? - now I'm not sure. :rotfl2: Anyway, I believe in watching and explaining, but I'm not sure I want to do that on a cruise/vacation. Hmm, I think I will wait and see if she has any interest in seeing it. :confused3

I don't want to give anything away, but I'll tell you what it is said in the movie. If you don't want to know, don't read.

Background: Thor is a good guy (he's 1 of the Avengers). Loki is a bad guy & he is Thor's adoptive brother. Loki is the main bad guy in the movie that the Avengers are battling. At a point in the movie someone says something to Thor about that being his brother. And Thor basically says, "He's adopted." I don't know how you or Willow feel about that. But, I just wanted to let you know the basic setup of what the context is & what is said.

Hope that helped at least a little.

I hope Willow's feeling better soon.

Good for you, treating yourself to some champagne and treats!

Awesome movie selection! DD and DH both really liked Chimpanzee. DD saw the Avengers with her uncle and loved it (but she watches super hero movies with him a lot). Yay for Brave!!! I think Merida's going to be my kind of princess, though probably not Maddie's :rotfl2:

Poor Willow. Hope she feels better real soon.

That is a great movie list! I really want to go see Brave this weekend. I don't go to the movies a lot either. I only go if it's something I really want to see and even then I don't always make it.

I hadn't planned on seeing Avengers with my DH and son until I got a good look at the actors in it :rolleyes1 But I thought it was good and I hadn't seen any of the previous movies. Like Amanda said it is a what's up with your brother being a bad guy question and Thor says he's adopted. I could see where that may bother some adopted children. You would be the best judge if that would bother Willow.:hug:

Ok, I read up on your excursion plans! They sound great, I can not wait to see pictures! Especially the dogs, I'm sure you will all have so much fun! A grown up dinner sounds soo nice! Willow seems like she's pretty out-going, I think she will like the Kids Club. Although kids are always full of surprises. You think they will like something and then all of a sudden they don't.:confused3 I hope you do get some time to relax on top of all the family time.

Your countdown calendar is adorable! I want to be crafty, I just feel like I don't have time to work on stuff. Add me to the list of people who want to see the magnets!

I don't want to give anything away, but I'll tell you what it is said in the movie. If you don't want to know, don't read.

Background: Thor is a good guy (he's 1 of the Avengers). Loki is a bad guy & he is Thor's adoptive brother. Loki is the main bad guy in the movie that the Avengers are battling. At a point in the movie someone says something to Thor about that being his brother. And Thor basically says, "He's adopted." I don't know how you or Willow feel about that. But, I just wanted to let you know the basic setup of what the context is & what is said.

Hope that helped at least a little.
Thank you for the explanation. I hate "throw away" lines like that. :headache: I think how much discussion we would have to have after would depend on how much attention she was paying at that point of the movie. :laughing: Given that she doesn't really know any super heroes at this point, I don't think I'll make a huge effort to see it with her. If it happens to be playing at a time when she really wants to see a movie, I will probably let her see it. :confused3

I hope Willow's feeling better soon.

Good for you, treating yourself to some champagne and treats!

Awesome movie selection! DD and DH both really liked Chimpanzee. DD saw the Avengers with her uncle and loved it (but she watches super hero movies with him a lot). Yay for Brave!!! I think Merida's going to be my kind of princess, though probably not Maddie's :rotfl2:
Thanks - we are stuck at home again today. I really hope she gets over this soon. The cruise is looming!

My mom and I chose the particular package as a surprise for Willow and my mom's best friend. The 3 grown-ups can enjoy the Champagne, Willow and the older grown-ups can enjoy the little cakes, and everyone can enjoy the strawberries. :thumbsup2

What super hero movies has Maddie seen? I think Willow might enjoy getting to know super heroes, but I don't have a clue what movies are out there that might be appropriate. Help? :confused3

I have the same feeling about Brave - I think I will love her. I think Willow MAY love her - she has a pretty dress and awesome hair. :laughing: Willow digs Tiana, and she's a pretty tough princess. She has definitely been wanting to see the movie ever since she saw the previews.

Poor Willow. Hope she feels better real soon.

That is a great movie list! I really want to go see Brave this weekend. I don't go to the movies a lot either. I only go if it's something I really want to see and even then I don't always make it.

I hadn't planned on seeing Avengers with my DH and son until I got a good look at the actors in it :rolleyes1 But I thought it was good and I hadn't seen any of the previous movies. Like Amanda said it is a what's up with your brother being a bad guy question and Thor says he's adopted. I could see where that may bother some adopted children. You would be the best judge if that would bother Willow.:hug:

Ok, I read up on your excursion plans! They sound great, I can not wait to see pictures! Especially the dogs, I'm sure you will all have so much fun! A grown up dinner sounds soo nice! Willow seems like she's pretty out-going, I think she will like the Kids Club. Although kids are always full of surprises. You think they will like something and then all of a sudden they don't.:confused3 I hope you do get some time to relax on top of all the family time.

Your countdown calendar is adorable! I want to be crafty, I just feel like I don't have time to work on stuff. Add me to the list of people who want to see the magnets!
Thanks for the info on The Avengers. Maybe I will go see it by myself! :laughing:

I think Willow will like the Kids Club a lot, but as you say, you can just never predict! :confused3 She is very outgoing and loves to make new friends, but she could just as easily get clingy and not want to be there. I am hoping that she likes it a lot but not so much that I never see her! :thumbsup2

Thanks on the calendar. I am not craft AT ALL! My friend at work and I slap a calendar together every year during a half-hour lunch break. It works for me! :rotfl2: I will definitely take pics of the magnets on our stateroom doors - I don't really have anywhere here to display them for a picture.

I think your movie list sounds AWESOME! I never see movies either, so there are very few on the list that I have seen (other than Cars 2 and the Muppets) I can totally understand wanting to go see them on the ship, I think I'd want to spend the whole cruise in the movie theater too! :rotfl2:

I am hoping to go see Brave tonight, but that all depends on DH. He's driving up to CT from Virginia today, and I hope he won't be too tired. If he is I might just go alone! :laughing: Its so rare to have a babysitter, I'm going to take advantage of it, even if it means going out solo!

I hope Willow kicks this bug once and for all and is feeling better for the weekend!

What super hero movies has Maddie seen? I think Willow might enjoy getting to know super heroes, but I don't have a clue what movies are out there that might be appropriate. Help? :confused3

I'm going to throw my 2 cents in even though you didn't ask. :rotfl2: Captain America is a really good movie! And there's nothing really bad in it for kids. Ed & I watched it one weekend & we now wish we had let Reid watch it with us. I will probably rent it again for him.

Thor is also good but again, adoption does play a role in the movie. So, you may wish to hold off on that one until you're up to discussions.

The Incredible Hulk (make sure it's the one with Edward Norton) is also really good. Just make sure it's the one with him & Liv Tyler. There was another one that was done before this version & it's just a bad movie.

The Spiderman movies are also good. Reid has seen those & has been fine with them. Guess it also depends on how Willow reacts to scary villains & such.

Thanks - we are stuck at home again today. I really hope she gets over this soon. The cruise is looming!

I have the same feeling about Brave - I think I will love her. I think Willow MAY love her - she has a pretty dress and awesome hair. :laughing: Willow digs Tiana, and she's a pretty tough princess. She has definitely been wanting to see the movie ever since she saw the previews.

I don't usually watch them with Maddie, she watches with Uncle Cory, so I can't promise that they're all as clean as I'd like them to be. (Sometimes Uncles can play a little fast and loose with the rules.:lmao:)

I know that her favorite is the Green Lantern --Ryan Reynolds is in it for the moms!

She also liked the Hulk-the one with Ed Norton like Amanda said

They've watched Spiderman together, but it's not her fave.

She really wants to see Captain America, but we haven't yet.

Merida's hair is awesome! Maddie got a Merida doll as a "being brave about the move/doing great at dance recital" present and she loves it.

Tiana is as good example of a 'tough' princess, Maddie loves her too. We are also fans of Mulan so I think Maddie will enjoy her.

If only she wore a sparkly dress, maybe we could get these girls on board with a princess who has a mind of her own! :lmao:

I think your movie list sounds AWESOME! I never see movies either, so there are very few on the list that I have seen (other than Cars 2 and the Muppets) I can totally understand wanting to go see them on the ship, I think I'd want to spend the whole cruise in the movie theater too! :rotfl2:

I am hoping to go see Brave tonight, but that all depends on DH. He's driving up to CT from Virginia today, and I hope he won't be too tired. If he is I might just go alone! :laughing: Its so rare to have a babysitter, I'm going to take advantage of it, even if it means going out solo!

I hope Willow kicks this bug once and for all and is feeling better for the weekend!

I don't blame you! If I had a babysitter for the evening, I'd probably go to the grocery store and Target alone.:rotfl2:

Oooh, I hope you are seeing Brave right now! I want a full report!!! :woohoo:

I'm going to throw my 2 cents in even though you didn't ask. :rotfl2: Captain America is a really good movie! And there's nothing really bad in it for kids. Ed & I watched it one weekend & we now wish we had let Reid watch it with us. I will probably rent it again for him.

Thor is also good but again, adoption does play a role in the movie. So, you may wish to hold off on that one until you're up to discussions.

The Incredible Hulk (make sure it's the one with Edward Norton) is also really good. Just make sure it's the one with him & Liv Tyler. There was another one that was done before this version & it's just a bad movie.

The Spiderman movies are also good. Reid has seen those & has been fine with them. Guess it also depends on how Willow reacts to scary villains & such.
:rotfl2: I have NO idea why I didn't ask you! :headache: I had no idea any of those movies even existed! :rolleyes: Wow - I have officially been subjected to the princess genre too long!

If only she wore a sparkly dress, maybe we could get these girls on board with a princess who has a mind of her own! :lmao:
:rotfl2: Have you seen the costume? It looks pretty gorgeous - I bet they would be on board with it! (If I had known that the movie was going to by playing on the ship, I totally would have ordered one. :rolleyes1)

I don't blame you! If I had a babysitter for the evening, I'd probably go to the grocery store and Target alone.:rotfl2:
:rotfl2: That sounds heavenly!!!!!!!

Okay, so I just have to say that Willow and I are starting to get really excited about this cruise! I know that I have been a little wishy-washy due to the fact that I don't know what to expect and it is not our usual way of vacationing.

But that movie list really got me looking at the positives of a less-stressful vacation. And tonight, I found some old Navigators from 2011, and it looks like there are just TONS of fun things to do all the time. The Kids Club activities sound so fun, the family activities sound so fun, the adult activities sound so fun. I think this is going to be good! My mom even called me last night and said that she was getting really excited to go! :woohoo:

Okay, I admit that wasn't much of an update, but hey, what is there left for me to say????? :confused3 :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: I have NO idea why I didn't ask you! :headache: I had no idea any of those movies even existed! :rolleyes: Wow - I have officially been subjected to the princess genre too long!

Anytime you need info on anything geeky or geared more towards boys, just ask. A lot of the superhero movies are really good. But, again, I am biased because I love superheroes. Nothing wrong with being submersed in princesses! I get Reid to watch those movies, too.

Okay, so I just have to say that Willow and I are starting to get really excited about this cruise! I know that I have been a little wishy-washy due to the fact that I don't know what to expect and it is not our usual way of vacationing.

But that movie list really got me looking at the positives of a less-stressful vacation. And tonight, I found some old Navigators from 2011, and it looks like there are just TONS of fun things to do all the time. The Kids Club activities sound so fun, the family activities sound so fun, the adult activities sound so fun. I think this is going to be good! My mom even called me last night and said that she was getting really excited to go! :woohoo:

Okay, I admit that wasn't much of an update, but hey, what is there left for me to say????? :confused3 :rotfl2:

Yay! I'm glad y'all are starting to get really excited about the cruise! You know, one of the things I truly loved about our Disney cruise (even though it was a super short one), you can truly jam pack it with fun activities or spend the entire time chillin'. It truly is up to you how you want your cruise to be. I think y'all are going to have a fantastic time!

I'm glad you guys are starting to get excited! It sounds awesome,and I can't wait to hear all about it!

The dress is really pretty, but I've tried twice to get DD to choose Tiana at BBB since her dress is to die for. No dice. Classic sparkly princess it is. Though she did surprise me a little at BBB this trip...

There's always an excuse to shop at the Disney Store isn't there? Free Shipping is usually my excuse :rotfl: A kid needs new clothes (or princess dresses) for vacation, right?

Your trip is almost here! :woohoo: A week before vacation I am totally useless:rotfl2:

My DH really wants to do a cruise next year but Im not totally sold on it. I like to be doing stuff on vacation, I don't know if I could relax! On the other hand though the cruise ships look amazing and it seems like there is so much to do.

I can't wait to read about your experiences! I'm sure you will have a fabulous time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter