The Groovy New Pop Century FAQ Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would probably do it the day before. Hubby and I went Jan 8th and they had given us two full beds instead of one king. We had to go through a room change. I would call the day before just to make sure and also ask about it at check in!!

I have seen a few posters talk about the rooms being warm at night. I'm planning to be at POP in April. My question - Can we not control the thermostats in our rooms? I know we could when we stayed at CBR - you could turn the room into an icebox.

My DH and I were at Pop last April and planning a trip this April, Last year my husband thought that the room was hot were I thought it was FREEZING. so I think it's all up to personal taste.

Are there usually cabs out front, and if so how early? We might take a cab, to a couple of our resort breakfasts. Get a little more sleep that way. :D :D

I'm getting so excited. This will be our first time at a value resort, but have read soooo many great comments, that my worries are gone. :flower: :flower:

Thanks again.

The rooms are okay in the early evening but I also found that they were warm by morning. I think though that it is a personal thing too.

I think that if you do the Disney buses you would save money and they take you right to were you need to be. I would guess that if you want to take a cab you could call them for any time. :flower1:

Staying at POP November 5-10......just me (33 M) and my 11 yr old son. A few questions :
1. What kind of crowds can we expect at the resort and parks for this time of year?
2. What about the Orlando weather in early November? Shorts and T-shirts or pants and sleeves?
3. How is bus service from POP?
4. How difficult is the transportation to other resorts? Probably going to Wilderness Lodge for a WCC dinner......any suggestions on getting to and from WL from POP?

Thanks! :moped:

GBambino said:
Staying at POP November 5-10......just me (33 M) and my 11 yr old son. A few questions :
1. What kind of crowds can we expect at the resort and parks for this time of year?
2. What about the Orlando weather in early November? Shorts and T-shirts or pants and sleeves?
3. How is bus service from POP?
4. How difficult is the transportation to other resorts? Probably going to Wilderness Lodge for a WCC dinner......any suggestions on getting to and from WL from POP?

Thanks! :moped:

1 - As for crowds... not sure, but I think that might be around the "Jersey Week"... hopefully someone from New Jersey can confirm that.

2 - Weather... it's hit or miss. Wait until closer to your trip to figure that out. It could be gorgeous 80 degree weather, or it could be frigid 60 degree weather. (Okay, for ME, 60 is frigid!! LOL)

3 - Bus service is excellent. Buses come frequently to handle the demand. Be forewarned though... crowds are to be expected, especially during peak times. Rest assured though, Disney plans for that. But it always shocks me how many people are surprised that they're not the only ones with the idea of leaving the park after fireworks.

4 - In order of recommendation:
Bus to MK and transfer to Boat
Bus to Studios, and transfer buses
Bus to Epcot, and transfer buses
Bus to Downtown Disney, and transfer buses

To get back, reverse the route, depending on which parks are still open.

Chip 'n Dale Express said:
2 - Weather... it's hit or miss. Wait until closer to your trip to figure that out. It could be gorgeous 80 degree weather, or it could be frigid 60 degree weather. (Okay, for ME, 60 is frigid!! LOL).

I have to laugh because I live in the mountains of New Mexico and it's in the low 60's today. I have all the windows open to air out the house and DD and I are both in short sleeves. I know we will probably die in the heat and humidity in Florida but *Hey! We'll be at Disney World!* :jumping4:

Brenda

insmom said:
I think that if you do the Disney buses you would save money and they take you right to were you need to be. I would guess that if you want to take a cab you could call them for any time. :flower1:

I know, it's an added expense to use a cab, just so much quicker for a cab to get you to another resort, rather than transfer through a park. No big deal to get to a monorail resort by way of MK, but a very long trip to AKL for breakfast.

We will be staying at Pop in June 2005 with a 16 yr old and 12 yr old. Any suggestions on what to do to make their vacation unforgettable (since they are too old for character dining)? Also any suggestions on rooms at the Pop ?

DisneyCrazy2 said:
Can anyone tell me where the National Car Care Center is located and how to find one of their shuttles?
The shuttles will pick you up out in the luggage area.

momofteens said:
We will be staying at Pop in June 2005 with a 16 yr old and 12 yr old. Any suggestions on what to do to make their vacation unforgettable (since they are too old for character dining)? Also any suggestions on rooms at the Pop ?

IMO, one is never too old for character dining!

Okay all you Pop Century people - convince me that I will enjoy my stay there. It looks fun. I'm not hugely picky. I like a nice clean room. I don't mind walks if the grounds are pretty / interesting. My girls and DH could care less were we stay as long as the pool is cool. I'm squeezing in another trip in 2005 and would like to try Pop. It sure beats the heck out of Poly prices! My major concern is getting back to hotel at night using disney transportation.

fam4jc, I haven't stayed at POP yet but have been reading a lot about it. Almost EVERYTHING I've read about POP's transportation has been nothing but positive! Have a great time!

I'm abandoning my home resort, ASMU, to try out POP for my rather impromptu trip next week (1-30 - 2-5) and was wondering if the TVs had headphone jacks like the ones at the all stars do. I work nights so I'm something of a night owl and I really like trying to avoid disturbing neighbors who turn in early. Really looking forward to trying out the EMH evening hours (a real boon to us late night folks); just made my res. today and was very pleasantly suprized to be able to get a $49 per nt. AP rate :cool1:

Hoping to stay at POP for our next WDW vacation and I just had to say, I am loving this thread. Thank you to everyone who have posted info. thus far.

Question: Can you see fireworks from the lake side of the tramp (50s) building. What else can you see from an upper floor in this building (lake view)?

Amy suggestions would be greatly apprecaited.

Suzy V.

You can see Illuminations and Wishes (in the distance) from 50's rooms and some 70's rooms. Some of the 50's rooms with the best Illuminations views are at the end of the lake (we were in room 2456 and had a great view).

We had room 3413 and could see TOT, full lake view including Generation Gap Bridge and if we stepped out of our room we could see Illuminations. Room 3428 had a great view as would all the rooms on that side, although less view of the lake.

Don't know the locations of the 70's rooms, but DISers have mentioned seeing the fireworks from lake view rooms.

Hope you have a great trip! :flower1:

I have been looking at the map layout and reading but I am still confused as to what to tell them when I call with a room request (knowing I may not get what I would like). WE have booked a preferred room which I think means we will be in the 60s building?

I have also ask to NOT be facing the pool.

Our son has several sensory problems so some noises can really bother him. I wonder if it would be better to be at the top or the bottom? Would it be quieter at a corner or in the middle?

I am also wondering from the 60s building what can be seen - fireworks? Anything? We are arriving at 8pmish on the first night (saturday) and it would be so neat if the kids could see something.

Thanks for this great thread- just found it tonight.

Helen

As far as I know the best chance to see Illuminations or Fireworks would be the 50's or 70's. Also, if you want more quiet for your son I would recommend the 50's lakeside or 70's lakeside rather than 60's. 50's and 70's would be just as a short a walk as where you prefer to be in the 60's. I would request a corner room with fireworks and lake view, 50's or 70's. You might want to call 3 days before and explain to the front desk. They might be able to block a room for you due to your son's sensory needs. Rooms 3413 thru 3436 are quite good, esp the latter number rooms.

Hope you have a wonderful trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter