• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Groovy New Pop Century FAQ Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
twinboysmom, did someone do this before and give you the idea? Because we just returned from our first stay at Pop and there is VERY little room between the doorway where you would hang the curtains and the sink. Much less than PO. Getting dressed in there would have to be some kind of magic trick unless you duck under the shelf. However, if your intention is simply to block light and sound from the sink, you sould be all set. Great idea!

Hi!
I'd love to say this was my original idea . . . but I do believe that somewhere along the way I saw it mentioned. I think it was an old, old post.

I've been looking at pictures online that show the doorway/sink area and I thought I'd have enough room to move around and get ready if I put up the curtain.

I'll be sure to let you all know if it works or not!

Kristie :)

Has anyone stayed at POP over the Christmas - New Year holidays? I'm trying to plan for New Year's Eve at WDW with 2 12yr olds. Don't want the crowds or parties, but would like to do something FUN after dinner. We'll be staying at POP (of course!) and I thought maybe there might be something fun going on at the resort at midnight. Do they do anything - maybe some kind of countdown at midnight in the food court? Thought they might do something similar to the twist and hustle parties? TIA!

How do renting wheel chairs work at Pop?

My mom has been having back problems (she has been having to go to the chiro. three times a week), and may have to use a wheelchair at Disney, although we are trying to avoid that, if at all possible.

Can you rent one at the hotel? Would it be easier just to do it at the park?

Help!

How do renting wheel chairs work at Pop?

My mom has been having back problems (she has been having to go to the chiro. three times a week), and may have to use a wheelchair at Disney, although we are trying to avoid that, if at all possible.

Can you rent one at the hotel? Would it be easier just to do it at the park?

Help!

If she is having problems, don't try to do without one, believe me she would probably try to be a trooper and not have a very good time and tire easily. I personally bring my own because I have to have one. Since she will have someone along to push just call or stop by your local medical center and they will rent you one. They also will give you one that "fits" her (ie. size, length of legs, seat width, etc). The ones at the park are like a stroller...one size fits all. Since you are along to push she shouldn't need an electric one. Actually, they are kindda nice because you can bring a backpack (trial fit at home)to pack along stuff for the park...hands free.

Just an idea from a wheel chair user. Let me know if you need additional help.
Dawn

We're getting more and more excited until we leave for Pop. We arrive August 8th and leave the 17th. Its before free dining, but I'm hoping the crowds won't be as bad as they were last year during the beginning of free dining.

Gretchen

ME :eeyore: (36), DH pirate: (39), DD princess: (2)

pirate: and princess: Party 8/15/07

I have some problems with my vision so I need bright light in the vanity area. When travelling, we usually bring along a couple lightbulbs and replace the dim 40 watters hotels usually carry. Can anyone comment on the lighting at POP and whether or not the sink areas use a standard bulb? Sorry for the weird question!:idea:

Two Q's:

If you request a coffee maker, will they charge extra for it? And is their hot water available in the food court? I'm trying to figure out a way to make oatmeal. :rolleyes:

Two Q's:

If you request a coffee maker, will they charge extra for it? And is their hot water available in the food court? I'm trying to figure out a way to make oatmeal. :rolleyes:

I don't think they even have coffee makers to borrow (someone correct me please if I am wrong). You may be able to get in on one of the coffee maker swaps on the budget board. Oh, and they totally have hot water in the food court - I used it many times to make tea in my groovy refillable mug. ;)

Two Q's:

I'm pretty sure there is no way to rent/borrow a coffee maker. You can pay $10 a night for a fridge, but no coffee maker.

Don't know about the food court. We are staying at Pop for the first time in August.

I don't know about renting but yes there is a hot water tap on the coffee makers in the Food court.

Two Q's:

I brought paper bowls with me and used instant oatmeal. I added the hot water from the food court then put the bowl in the microwave for a short time. It worked out fine.

my mom had authritis in her knee on one of our trips and she got her wheelchair @ Pop for free the whole week. it help her out a great deal!
mousiemom

I brought paper bowls with me and used instant oatmeal. I added the hot water from the food court then put the bowl in the microwave for a short time. It worked out fine.

There are microwaves for use in the food court? Ooo. That would make things even better. Thanks for all they replies!:goodvibes

Hi everyone! I have had a cancellation in my fridge swap. It's during Free Dining, so I thought someone could use it. Aug 26- Sept. 1. PM me if you are interested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter