• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread! ~ Post #1 is a must see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to see some new DISer's out there!!

In the event you didn't know how to subscribe to a thread here on the DISboards, below are the instructions. Doing it this way instead of creating a "subscribing post" helps keep the clutter off the thread so it's easier and faster for people to read through the pages! ;)

Subscribing: Did you know you do not have to reply to this thread to subscribe to it? On any thread on the DISboards, near the top of the page and just under the advertisement banner and "Page # of #", there's a drop-down option named "Thread Tools". After clicking on this, select "Subscribe to this Thread".

Have a great trip!!

Subscribing, saying hello, and saying thanks for the thread! We'll be staying at POP for the first time this coming April...the 25th through May 2nd. Stayed at Movies and CBR last year, but really looking forward to POP with all the good things we have read! :goodvibes

I just booked POP for May 17-22, and was wondering if there are some standard rooms located on the BACKSIDE of building #1???? We do not want to be overlooking the Pool or Courtyard, but would prefer to be on the "backside" of this building. Any thoughts??

In the past we have stayed in the "Bigwheel" bld. and the Walkman bld closest to the rubis cude stairwell. We could acutally see the check-in bld from there. Looking to stay somewhere different this time! Thanks to anyone who replies.

Does anyone know if some rooms on the backside of building #1 are standard??
I requested this building, but want a standard room. Don't want to overlook the pool area. Anyone stay at that particular location???

I requested this building, but want a standard room. Don't want to overlook the pool area. Anyone stay at that particular location???

Here's what we have noted in Post #1 of this thread. Does it help?

Preferred Rooms

• "Preferred" refer to the location of the room on the property and nothing more; they do not refer to views or amenities
  • these are rooms in buildings closest to Classic Hall (500 ft or less); this does not mean your room is necessarily THAT much closer the bus stop, however; see "Property Info" section in the following Post
  • typically $10-$15/night more than a standard room
  • these room numbers are considered preferred rooms (note “x” defines the floor)

Building 1: 1x01 – 1x36
Building 3: 3x61 – 3x72
Building 4: 4x01 – 4x36 & 4x61 – 4x72
Building 5: 5x01 – 5x12 & 5x37 – 5x72
Building 6: 6x01 – 6x12
Building 10: 0x37 – 0x72

Preferred Room map: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=17643531&postcount=2

Yes that's what I was looking for, and for the life of me I didn't see it! I looked on page one first, just missed it!?! Thank-you! I will keep my request of building #1 "backside" and hope for the best!:yay:

We will be at the POP Feb 9-14 but we couldn't get a preferred room. Is the Pop as spread out as the ASMo? We got the Ducks room one time and it was pretty far. Luckily the AC didnt work and we got to move to the Buzz Lightyear room which was a lot closer!

We will be at the POP Feb 9-14 but we couldn't get a preferred room. Is the Pop as spread out as the ASMo? We got the Ducks room one time and it was pretty far. Luckily the AC didnt work and we got to move to the Buzz Lightyear room which was a lot closer!

Pop is not as spread out. We were in a standard room in the 70s Big Wheel building - it was fairly close to the Food Court AND the bus stop. I would request a room in either the 50s, 60s, or 70s.

Individual room climate control is by default motion sensor activated
To override the default setting, following these instructions:
the thermostat has two buttons on the left (ON/OFF and AUTO/FAN) and two buttons on the right (UP and DOWN)
Press the Power button and the Down Arrow at the same time. If done correctly, the letters BP should appear in the temp readout. This indicates that the thermostat is in bypass mode (bypassing the motion sensors). You can then set your desired temp and it will stay at that temp whether you're moving around or not.
You will have to do this once every day, as the thermostats automatically reset themselves to the default mode daily to save power.
Alternatives…get a helium balloon to bounce around in your room or call housekeeping/maintenance

This did not work last week. There wasn't a power button on the thermostat.

There were three buttons along the bottom: fan only, fan speed and Auto.

And two on the right--up and down. And the range was 68 - 78. You could not set anything lower than 68 or higher than 78.

The helium balloon trick really works--wish I had done it earlier in the week!!!!

Great to see some new DISer's out there!!

In the event you didn't know how to subscribe to a thread here on the DISboards, below are the instructions. Doing it this way instead of creating a "subscribing post" helps keep the clutter off the thread so it's easier and faster for people to read through the pages! ;)

Subscribing: Did you know you do not have to reply to this thread to subscribe to it? On any thread on the DISboards, near the top of the page and just under the advertisement banner and "Page # of #", there's a drop-down option named "Thread Tools". After clicking on this, select "Subscribe to this Thread".

Have a great trip!!

Some old dissers didn't know that:rotfl: :rotfl:

Yes that's what I was looking for, and for the life of me I didn't see it! I looked on page one first, just missed it!?! Thank-you! I will keep my request of building #1 "backside" and hope for the best!:yay:

Oh good!! Glad it answered your question. Have a fun!! :)

....This did not work last week. There wasn't a power button on the thermostat.....

Has anyone recently noticed in their room that there is a power button? I'm not sure if I should take this out of Post #1 because all the rooms no longer have it, or if I should add a comment stating "some rooms' theromostat can be managed (yadda yadda)...."

Thoughts everyone?? :confused3

What is the best way to get from the Pop to some of the other resorts (other than a cab).

Should we take the bus to MGM or DD then to the resort of choice? Some of the ones that we need to go to are the Contemporary, Poly, Fort Wild, and the yacht club.

What is the best way to get from the Pop to some of the other resorts (other than a cab).

Should we take the bus to MGM or DD then to the resort of choice? Some of the ones that we need to go to are the Contemporary, Poly, Fort Wild, and the yacht club.

personally, I would take the bus to MK and take the monorail to Contemporary or Poly, or the launch to FW.

I am not sure what the quickest way to YC would be - maybe someone else can help with that

In addition to some suggestions that you may get here, I think you'll find the tool on this site very helpful:

http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/asp/twiz.aspx

Taking a bus would definately be better over a taxi, but because of the resorts you need to go to you don't always have to bus to MGM or DTD first.

To get to the Contemporary or Poly you can take a bus from POP to the MK and then take a Monorail to those resorts. It doesn't take long at all.

I'm not sure if I'm right about this, please correct me if I'm wrong... but I think to get to Fort Wilderness you could take a bus to MK and then take to boat to Fort Wilderness. :confused3

Our thermostat (in December) had a switch that changed the readout from on to off to auto. It defaults to auto once per day. I changed it to On and 68 and the room stayed cool overnight. I had to do this every day.

Close your curtains!

The quickest way to YC would probably be bus to MGM, then boat to the first stop and walk, but I usually just enjoy the boat ride all the way there.

I try to avoid Downtown Disney bus transfers because they switch drivers for breaks at the PI stop and it can be pretty slow if you have ADRs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter